Toymods » Tech & Conversions » ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MR2200
Regular

October 2003
icon6.gif  ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Wed, 15 October 2003 14:09 Go to next message
Guys if you have any mad ideas for my MR2, drop them in.......
  Send a private message to this user    
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 16 October 2003 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
put in a 3sgte, drop off the turbo, fit an eaton m90 supercharger!!

that's my idea anyway.

T
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 16 October 2003 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you are going to upgrade on the power side , then buy my TRD Engine mounts - heartily recommended by all those who have been there, shredded the std mounts and suffered big repair costs.

I'd take $400 for them Very Happy

They are in top condition

PM or phone me on 042 111 9249

Cheers

Michael B
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 16 October 2003 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mad idea's? Get a ferrari engine and make it fit. Or the toyota f1 v10. That would be mad in the literal sense of the word
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 16 October 2003 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fit a late-model Camry V6. Apparently it has been done a few times and it's not that hard to do. It certainly would make your MR2 pretty unique!
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 16 October 2003 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie, you do realise you put the words "done a few times" and "pretty unique" in the same breath.

That might be my next project actually. V6 MR2. Would need forced induction though, maybe remove the boot and put two turbos there.

Modify it slightly and put a 1uz in it. It has been done before, but not on a road car I don't think.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 16 October 2003 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HKSPete wrote on Thu, 16 October 2003 12:18

Norbie, you do realise you put the words "done a few times" and "pretty unique" in the same breath.

LOL pedant! Razz Yes I know it's not unique if someone has done it before, but someone has done just about everything these days so it's pretty hard to be totally unique. I doubt you'd come across too many V6 MR2's though!
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 16 October 2003 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cutting springs is pretty mad.
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 16 October 2003 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here's a good one: Sell it and buy a Supra Laughing Laughing

Always wanted to post something like that Razz
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 16 October 2003 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Quote:

Here's a good one: Sell it and buy a Supra

Always wanted to post something like that
]

supras (jz80) are big overwieight peices of crap i have always wanted to say that.....
no bagging the 2's i think its toyota best work well the sw20 turbo....
as for the supras they are sweet cars but highly over rated i think well the jz80's anyways
my 2c
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 16 October 2003 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about put a na 3cyl charade motor in there it would fly Laughing
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 16 October 2003 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love jza80 supras and sw20 mr2's are pretty sweet too! 2 different cars for very different sorts of people.
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 16 October 2003 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We all know toyota's best work was the JZA70! I'd never advise someone to buy a JZA80.

Mr2's are damn cool but have their own issues too re: lack of space for intercooler etc, funny oversteer characteristics and cabin space.
Horses for courses. The Supra has a shitload of power and torque to push it around - and there are a lot of really fast ones Razz Built for big sweepers and freeways as opposed to the tight corners and twisty roads the Mr2 is for. It's a Sports car as opposed to the Supra which is a Grand Touring car.

What does the SW20 weigh?

[Updated on: Thu, 16 October 2003 03:32]

Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 16 October 2003 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A lot of sweeping generalisations in there! Guess which car Toyota chose to campaign in the JGTCC? Hint: it's not an MR2. Razz
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 16 October 2003 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was it a Sera? a Camry? a Chaser? a Corolla? no... what about a Paseo?
I know, it was a big old Landy Razz
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 16 October 2003 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Thu, 16 October 2003 14:05

A lot of sweeping generalisations in there! Guess which car Toyota chose to campaign in the JGTCC? Hint: it's not an MR2. Razz

And then they stuffed it FULL of V8 goodness. Cool
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 16 October 2003 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree with Norbie that the Camry alloy 3.0 V6 is the crazy swap of choice... then turbo it. Or a turboed 3.0 out of an Altezza (IS300)
Also agree with lumpy... MR2 is a sports car Supra is a Grand Tourer... dunno what you would call a Celica tho?
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 16 October 2003 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ooo baby Shocked

http://www.jgtc.net/race/2003/03team/03team_img/tm037m.jpg

lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 16 October 2003 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adamb131 wrote on Thu, 16 October 2003 14:22

I Also agree with lumpy... MR2 is a sports car Supra is a Grand Tourer... dunno what you would call a Celica tho?

A Hairdressers Tourer? A Gran's Tourer? A Sporty Girls Car? Laughing
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 16 October 2003 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lumpy wrote on Thu, 16 October 2003 15:19

adamb131 wrote on Thu, 16 October 2003 14:22

I Also agree with lumpy... MR2 is a sports car Supra is a Grand Tourer... dunno what you would call a Celica tho?

A Hairdressers Tourer? A Gran's Tourer? A Sporty Girls Car? Laughing

Hey... you said it.
Somewhere in the Integra Class i would expect.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 16 October 2003 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adamb131 wrote on Thu, 16 October 2003 14:52

Or a turboed 3.0 out of an Altezza (IS300)

The IS300 engine is a big inline six (2JZ-GE) so there's no way you'd fit it in an MR2 unless you converted it to FR (HUGE $$$), but then it wouldn't be an MR2 any more would it?

The Camry engine (1MZ-FE) is a beautiful powerplant which isn't given the credit it deserves, mostly because it's used in ho-hum passenger cars like the Camry and Avalon. What's more you actually have a chance of fitting it in an MR2 engine bay. Smile
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 16 October 2003 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
norbie,

i have to disagree about your praise on the 1mz - they are expensive, unreliable and generally uninspiring. 1uz is a 1mz + 2 cylinders - however the 1uz does not have the problems that the 1mz does!! (parts are easier & cheaper to buy too)

how about the sard lemans prototype?? - stretch wheelbase sw20 with a 1uz and transaxle fitted. admittedly it could be slightly outside your budget.....

T

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 16 October 2003 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought the VZ engines were the one with all the problems and the MZ was good... Confused
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 16 October 2003 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup, the older VZ engines (iron block) were known to be problematic, but the new MZ engines (all alloy) are apparently much better. They're also silky-smooth, powerful and fuel efficient. Anyone who has taken a late-model Camry for a good flogging will know what I'm talking about. Smile
-blown20v-
Regular

January 2003
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 16 October 2003 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sell it and buy a scooter Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 16 October 2003 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice to see i opened up a can of worms LOL
just intrested whats the most hp ever produced from a 2JZ-GTE????

Cressida Supra
Regular

September 2002

Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 16 October 2003 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dunno, prolly a junn in the region of 1400??
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 16 October 2003 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, highest power one ive seen is around 1400 hp
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 16 October 2003 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak
http://estore.teamprototype.com/ibrowze2.php?path= public/ellis_sitepix_02

http://octane.nt4.com/firesport/?section=item& action=show&id=3255

http://www.tr-fahrzeugveredelung.de/Bilder/W2%20To rsten/index.htm

http://mr2forum.p15114180.pureserver.info/viewtopi c.php?t=3556
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 16 October 2003 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you could always slip in a 4ag 20 valve - put tofu stickers on it - paint it panda and become a dorifto king !

Inital "2" !heh - seriously - id stick a worked 3sgte in it - make it handle better - and have a s*^Tload of fun Smile

or go totally insane and try to custom fit a 1uz Smile
Bill Sherwood
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 16 October 2003 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I see the 1MZ has been mentioned above - I haven't read the first page of this thread but there's a Mk2 MR2 here in Kuala Lumpur that has one in the back of it.
Not all that hard to fit in, and it sounds really good. Lots of torque, too.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 16 October 2003 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have some pictures somewhere of a 1MZ with a ventilated block....looked impressive!
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 16 October 2003 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak i have seen pics of a AW11 with a 3.8 V6 supercharged engine in it. looked right at home too..

so you would think a V6 would fit with-out too much drama in a SW20...
MR2200
Regular

October 2003
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 16 October 2003 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JESUS!!!!!!!!! There pretty mad ideas, what about engineering certificates, im not wasting bloody 5 grand on paper.... What else guys, Something "UNIQUE" hahahahhaa and looks wise too....... Cool
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 16 October 2003 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you could convert it to 3 wheels and just have one wheel at the front, like on of those crazy messerschmidt things, now you would be MAD to do that
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 16 October 2003 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if u dont wanna spend the money on the paper settle for a 3sgte and supercharge it..... thats different although i think turbo is better.....
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Fri, 17 October 2003 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I think it was Perth Street Cars that had an article on race-prepped, big single huffer turbo V6 Camries stuck onto Mad Max style dirt kart racer things. They were getting INSANE power out of those motors.

Justin
celicaboy_2000
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Fri, 17 October 2003 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cut a hole in the floor pan and run like crazy. Yaba daba do
Jayem
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Fri, 17 October 2003 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

you could convert it to 3 wheels and just have one wheel at the front, like on of those crazy messerschmidt things, now you would be MAD to do that

Actually those messerschmidts (KR200) have two wheels in front and one in the rear Smile . Dont ask why I know this!!!

http://davepics.com/Misc/Cars/Messerschmidt/1960_Messerschmidt_KR200_Cabrio.2.jpg
Notice the fully sik cabriolet option.

http://www.captainjakes.com/micro02/MicroRU02_Messerschmidt_01.jpg
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Sat, 18 October 2003 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Those crazy Germans.

"What are we going to do with all these leftover WWII fighter plane cockpits?"

"I know, let's put 3 wheels on them and turn them into zany little cars!"

"Eureka!!"
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Sat, 18 October 2003 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Underneath all this is an mr2 belive it or not
http://www.hallmark-cars.com/f5.jpg
jase
Regular

May 2002
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Sat, 18 October 2003 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Thu, 16 October 2003 18:27

you could always slip in a 4ag 20 valve - put tofu stickers on it - paint it panda and become a dorifto king !

Inital "2" !heh - seriously - id stick a worked 3sgte in it - make it handle better - and have a s*^Tload of fun Smile

or go totally insane and try to custom fit a 1uz Smile

Just for interests sake, Bob Norwood has a class land speed reord in an sw20 with a 41g in it.

And the American mr2 web site has a forum dedicated to the v6 swap.
MR2200
Regular

October 2003
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Mon, 20 October 2003 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
COME ON GUYS, I WANT REALISTIC IDEAS, NOT A THREE WHEELER MR2......
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Mon, 20 October 2003 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak did you look at the links i posted?
MR2200
Regular

October 2003
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Wed, 22 October 2003 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Come on!!!!!!!! Whats the best things to do. If you had this car, what would you do to it. I know drop in a 3SGTE, but what else........ Body work, the ride, mags, electronics, gauges, stereo, seats neon, what ever????????????????
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Wed, 22 October 2003 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak well the best thing you can do is sell it and buy a AW11, they handle much better... Evil or Very Mad
MR2200
Regular

October 2003
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Wed, 22 October 2003 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill be alright, to small and compact, boxy!!!!!
Wat else
flashlaser
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Wed, 22 October 2003 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the maddiest idea is to drive it off a cliff while still inside Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 23 October 2003 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Take to it with silastic and fit a pair of 250 hp outboards. or fit them inside the engine bay and replace props with wheels. Instant 500hp
MR2200
Regular

October 2003
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 23 October 2003 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wats that dude? Dont quit get what you mean?????
bolt on turbo you talkin about???????
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
MR2200
Regular

October 2003
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 23 October 2003 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FLASHLAZER: YOu got a fukin problem u stupid fuk?
U suggest something like that again, ill smash your big fat head into the computer screen, got it!! Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 23 October 2003 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR2200 wrote on Fri, 24 October 2003 00:56

U suggest something like that again, ill smash your big fat head into the computer screen, got it!! Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

LOL... youve got serious problems buddy.

How could you possibly own a MR2 anyway, you must be a whole 14yrs old from the way your acting in here.

Ive got an idea... go grow a brain, then you can figure out what you can do to siiiikkkify your MR2 yourself.
Jayem
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 23 October 2003 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

MR2200 wrote on Fri, 24 October 2003 00:56

U suggest something like that again, ill smash your big fat head into the computer screen, got it!!

LOL... youve got serious problems buddy.

How could you possibly own a MR2 anyway, you must be a whole 14yrs old from the way your acting in here.

Ive got an idea... go grow a brain, then you can figure out what you can do to siiiikkkify your MR2 yourself.

*Introducing spark to cyclotrimethylenetrinitramine* Rolling Eyes
MR2200
Regular

October 2003
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Thu, 23 October 2003 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just wrote an email and i thought it was Flashlazer.
Buddy, relax stay out of it, keep your comments to your self dude. Flashlazer suggest i should drive off the cliff, he is the one you should comment to. have a look there. So those email i just sent wasnt meet to be for you dude Shocked
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Fri, 24 October 2003 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaate, hasn't your cousin Shpiro got his VL Turbo for sale. You should buy it. I hear it's waaayy sick. Monshter Taco on da bonnet, Boost gauge on da pillar. Fully siick maaate. Better get in soon cuz I hear that Schteeeve is keen on it.
MR2200
Regular

October 2003
Re: ANY MAD IDEAS FOR A SW20 MR2 Fri, 24 October 2003 23:27 Go to previous message
Sorry clubba, wrong guy, my cousins dont have VL....
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:SW20 engines, which is better
Next Topic:BEAMS 3sge into st184
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 20:58:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0094621181488037 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.