Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Miscellaneous » 4 POT JZA80 SUPRA BRAKES - From Japanese Import Parts.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
4 POT JZA80 SUPRA BRAKES - From Japanese Import Parts. Tue, 14 October 2003 16:51 Go to next message
JZA80 Front 4 Pot and Rear 2 Pot Brake Callipers. (and pads)

The best Stopping power ever made by Toyota to go on a street car.

These came off a 1999 JZA80 RZ 6 Speed Twin Turbo.

$1,250

And Yes I will seperate Front from Rears if needed.

http://www.japaneseimportparts.com/images/JZA80%20brakes.JPG

[Updated on: Tue, 14 October 2003 18:44]

Send a private message to this user  
natez
Regular

April 2003
Re: SUPRA BRAKES - From Japanese Import Parts. Tue, 14 October 2003 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much for just the fronts...

and i'm thinking no rotors with this correct
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: SUPRA BRAKES - From Japanese Import Parts. Tue, 14 October 2003 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just the fronts.... $800. I can supply rotors if you want/need them.
mycarhasposessedme
Regular

September 2003
Re: 4 POT JZA80 SUPRA BRAKES - From Japanese Import Parts. Wed, 15 October 2003 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry Supraman but I know of several jap wreckers who sell jza80 fronts with no disks for $500.
I'm on the central coast too and am looking out for a set of these calipers. Are you prepared to come down on price? I figure freight would cost me around $30 so how does $530 sound?
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 4 POT JZA80 SUPRA BRAKES - From Japanese Import Parts. Wed, 15 October 2003 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mycarhasposessedme wrote on Wed, 15 October 2003 21:25

Sorry Supraman but I know of several jap wreckers who sell jza80 fronts with no disks for $500.

Ok, If you know "several jap wreckers that sell them for $500"

Post up on here a Business Name and Phone Number of a Wreckers that sell them for $500, and have some in stock so we can ring them and check their prices ??

rhayden
Newcomer

October 2003
Re: 4 POT JZA80 SUPRA BRAKES - From Japanese Import Parts. Wed, 15 October 2003 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What's the situation with fitting these to a UZZ32 Soarer and can you supply the rotors that go with them, or am I better off to go the DBA slotted variety?

Kristian, you have email!
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 4 POT JZA80 SUPRA BRAKES - From Japanese Import Parts. Wed, 15 October 2003 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob, Manny has actually written a whole tech webpage caoncerning fitting these to different model soarers.
See the below link for details.

http://www.planetsoarer.com/suprabrakesII/SupraBra keUpgrade.htm

I am currently thinking about your email and will reply soon.

I would like to discuss sponsorship of Australian Lexus Soarer Club, (like I sponsor Toymods)
humble
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 4 POT JZA80 SUPRA BRAKES - From Japanese Import Parts. Wed, 15 October 2003 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi mate,

If they are not already sold, consider them SOLD!!! I will pick them up ASAP. With the rotors (front and rear). Please phone me on 0412-879-744. If I can pick them up during the day, that'd be great!

Cheers
Nishad
rhayden
Newcomer

October 2003
Re: 4 POT JZA80 SUPRA BRAKES - From Japanese Import Parts. Wed, 15 October 2003 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry Humble, too late.

The early bird catches the worm, or, those that stay up half the night cruising the forums gets the brakes.

humble
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 4 POT JZA80 SUPRA BRAKES - From Japanese Import Parts. Wed, 15 October 2003 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, no worries mate Smile Good buy Smile Cheers!

Mate, I am in a bit of tough spot at the moment in terms of getting my car back on the road (I had the 4-pots calipers and were stolen from the car). If you'd consider selling me these calipers for the time being you can have my brand new calipers on the way from Toyota USA. I'm trying to save myself some time here. If you wish, I can compensate financially for your inconvenience. I guess you can see how desperate I am Smile

Cheers
Nishad

[Updated on: Wed, 15 October 2003 21:16]

wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: 4 POT JZA80 SUPRA BRAKES - From Japanese Import Parts. Wed, 15 October 2003 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are these calipers the same as off the ST205 Celica GT4?
humble
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 4 POT JZA80 SUPRA BRAKES - From Japanese Import Parts. Thu, 16 October 2003 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nope, they are different.
rhayden
Newcomer

October 2003
Re: 4 POT JZA80 SUPRA BRAKES - From Japanese Import Parts. Thu, 16 October 2003 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nishad, give me a call on 0412 386 362.
humble
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 4 POT JZA80 SUPRA BRAKES - From Japanese Import Parts. Thu, 16 October 2003 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks heaps mate. Thank you so very much. Owe you bigtime!

As for the rotors, I've used the stock toyota rotor with the
4-spot calipers as well as the DBA slotted rotors. Under heavy brake use on the track, the slotted rotors performed better than the stock rotors did when the brakes were hotter. But with both DBA and stock rotors, I didn't experience any significant brake fade (even after a full days worth of track work). They are really impressive brakes Smile I'm going to give the new DBA5000 series two piece rotors a go and see how they turn out this time I think...

Cheers
Nishad

[Updated on: Thu, 16 October 2003 03:31]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 4 POT JZA80 SUPRA BRAKES - From Japanese Import Parts. Thu, 16 October 2003 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aahhhhh, nishad
now I can put a face to the nick Smile

Id also be interested in those "$500" jza80 ones.
specially since 2 people put up offers at double the price within 2 days.
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 4 POT JZA80 SUPRA BRAKES - From Japanese Import Parts. Thu, 16 October 2003 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven---> Mate we should go in to buisness !! Lets find this wreckers place and buy EVERYTHING and sell it for a huge profit!!!
mycarhasposessedme
Regular

September 2003
Re: 4 POT JZA80 SUPRA BRAKES - From Japanese Import Parts. Fri, 17 October 2003 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate I dont have any special contacts or anything, I just pick up the phone book and ring around. As for posting Business names isnt that just promoting someone who isn't a contributing business and if you want to check the price I got, I assume you know how to use a phone book. As for making a huge profit going by your prices I'd say you've already got that one covered!
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 4 POT JZA80 SUPRA BRAKES - From Japanese Import Parts. Fri, 17 October 2003 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mycarhasposessedme wrote on Fri, 17 October 2003 20:33

As for making a huge profit going by your prices I'd say you've already got that one covered!

mycarhasposessedme---> Mate did you know that the postage alone on these brakes is over $220 from Japan ?? If you even knew the costs involved in Running a business you wouldnt have even made that comment.

I suggest you stop posting before you get OWNED again.

mycarhasposessedme
Regular

September 2003
Re: 4 POT JZA80 SUPRA BRAKES - From Japanese Import Parts. Fri, 17 October 2003 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate you started it with your smart arse comments, a simple no would have been fine! Yeah and you're the GOD of business, my heart bleeds for you. your not the only second hand jap parts reseller around and cant expect to always have the cheapest prices! Boo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 4 POT JZA80 SUPRA BRAKES - From Japanese Import Parts. Fri, 17 October 2003 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mycarhasposessedme--->

I'm not lowering my self to reply to your childish comments.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 4 POT JZA80 SUPRA BRAKES - From Japanese Import Parts. Fri, 17 October 2003 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I lower my self everytime I pull down my pants Confused
Manny
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4 POT JZA80 SUPRA BRAKES - From Japanese Import Parts. Fri, 17 October 2003 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mycarhasposessedme
How's this deal for you, I'll pay you $50 finders fee for every $500 set of MKIV Supra 4 pots you track down for me. Should more than cover the phone call to the several jap wreckers you know to verify their availability and price.
And don't come back to me with the common 2 pot sets for $500 as they're only worth $200 a set.
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4 POT JZA80 SUPRA BRAKES - From Japanese Import Parts. Sat, 18 October 2003 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll give you $100 if you can find me an operational set of 4-pot JZA80 Supra calipers for $500 a pair Surprised
mycarhasposessedme
Regular

September 2003
Re: 4 POT JZA80 SUPRA BRAKES - From Japanese Import Parts. Sat, 18 October 2003 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh and I'll give you $200 per set, oops sorry I cant start on myself now can I.
Get a life you MORONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 4 POT JZA80 SUPRA BRAKES - From Japanese Import Parts. Sat, 18 October 2003 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
recommending a place isnt promoting a non-contributing buisness! the guys on here do it all the time so we all get good deals and good workmanship.
its just not permitted for corporate sales to be posted in the for sale sections

so if you want to post that business name, go for it. I can guarantee they'll sell every set they can get their hands on
Manny
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4 POT JZA80 SUPRA BRAKES - From Japanese Import Parts. Sat, 18 October 2003 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mycarhasposessedme wrote on Sat, 18 October 2003 19:43

Oh and I'll give you $200 per set, oops sorry I cant start on myself now can I.
Get a life you MORONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The consensus seems to be that you're the moron.
Don't dribble bullshit you can't backup!
mycarhasposessedme
Regular

September 2003
Re: 4 POT JZA80 SUPRA BRAKES - From Japanese Import Parts. Sat, 18 October 2003 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gee Manny it seems like you're an EXPERT in that area.
X being an unknown factor and
Spurt being a drip under pressure.
Next time I want a representative opinion of the entire Toymods forum I'll be sure to consult you. Wanker!!!!
humble
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 4 POT JZA80 SUPRA BRAKES - From Japanese Import Parts. Sun, 19 October 2003 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr. My carhaspossesed me, no need to get all worked up and make personal insults. Most of the people you are insulting here are respected members of this forums and are personally known to most of us here on the forums. We know that they know what they are talking about and they haved proven themselves over the years. Your comment about you being able to buy a pair of 4-pot JZA80 Supra calipers for $500 does seem rather strange.

I have owned 5 Supras and two of them JZA80s. I have owned every type of stock brake setup the JZA80 ever came with. I know from personal experience that it is rather odd to be able to buy them for the price you are suggesting from any jap wrecker. If you did, you are very lucky and I see nothing wrong in members of this board offering you a finders fee for it. The only reason for you being offended and behaving the way you are right now is if you made a false comment and trying to defend yourself (in your very weak postion). Many members of these forums would be thankful to you if you could at least find one pair at your suggested price even for a finders fee (and most members of the forums would do purely out of courtesy to the fellow member). I think you comment about commercial advertising and not being able to post a business name is your attempt it vain to save face after you made a comment without thinking much about it, just to undermine the price at which Kristian was selling the brakes for. To make it a little more clear to you, brand new from Toyota, each twin turbo caliper (4-pot fronts and the two pot rears) cost around $375 each. That is $1500 for the calipers alone. Then add the price of pads, the anti rattle shims and anti-squel shims to that, you are looking at something close to $2000. If you wish, I can let you know which exact Toyota dealership to get it from and hell, I should even be able to get you a discount considering I've already bought two complete brake sets not to mention many other spare parts.

Let me also remind you that even though export spec JZA80 twin turbo models always had the 4-pot brakes, JDM (Japanese Domestic Model) twin turbos didn't. It was optional on JDM twin turbo JZA80s until series III (97/09 onwards). Therefore, they are exremely scarce among jap wreckers. (Just as scarce as VVT-i 2JZ-GTE motors with GetRag V160 manual transmissions... Now please enlighten me and tell me you can get this package for 3 grand from your jap wrecker around the corner and I'll give you a grand in finders fees!).

If you have any information that is of benefit to the members of the forum, please feel free to share if you wish to. However, dont expect people here to blindly accept your comments and your silly nonsensical justifications because at this point, your comments looks like someone desperate (or just a jerk) trying to undermine what Kristian is trying to sell here. The items listed are very reasonably priced and if you really can source them at a better price, please share it with all of us. Kristian is running a business and he has his costs to deal with due to the nature and volume of his business. Even if you can get it cheaper somewhere, I see no point in Kristian tryin to sell them below cost. That's just plain silly. In which case Kristian might as well keep them. Considering the extreme scarcity and the true value of these items I don't see any problem in Kristian selling not 1 but 10 of these sets even at 1500.

Cheers
Nishad
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 4 POT JZA80 SUPRA BRAKES - From Japanese Import Parts. Sun, 19 October 2003 00:57 Go to previous message
Seeing as these brakes are now sold,

THREAD LOCKED!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:RWD 4age exhaust manifold.
Next Topic:VL Turbo Fuel Pump *ALL SOLD*
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 21:49:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005742073059082 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.