Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 20v quad throttles onto a 4age 100kw

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
20v quad throttles onto a 4age 100kw Thu, 16 October 2003 09:22 Go to next message
will the 20v silver top throttle bodies bolt up to the aussie spec 100kw???
thanks
justin Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: 20v quad throttles onto a 4age 100kw Thu, 16 October 2003 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gimme an S!
gimme an E!
gimme an A!
gimme an R!
gimme an C!
gimme an H!

WHADDA YA HAVE?

SEARCH! (psst. up there ^^^ !)

Wink
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 20v quad throttles onto a 4age 100kw Thu, 16 October 2003 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok mr cheerleader, i will do some searching Laughing
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: 20v quad throttles onto a 4age 100kw Thu, 16 October 2003 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not without an adaptor juzzo...
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 20v quad throttles onto a 4age 100kw Thu, 16 October 2003 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*hopefully*
*maybe*
I will actually HAVE a number of such adapters before too much longer - out of interest, how many people WOULD be interested in such a part? Twisted Evil
rallygh
Occasional Poster

October 2003
Re: 20v quad throttles onto a 4age 100kw Fri, 17 October 2003 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I might be interested depending on the cost, quality and materials used
Bill Sherwood
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 20v quad throttles onto a 4age 100kw Fri, 17 October 2003 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWIW this is my small port 4AGE with 20v throttles on it.

http://www.billzilla.org/sprinterbay.jpg

Well worth the trouble. Better fuel economy, more power, MUCH better sound. Wink
rallygh
Occasional Poster

October 2003
Re: 20v quad throttles onto a 4age 100kw Fri, 17 October 2003 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Bill.
Do you have any pics of the adapter plate? and what length trumpets are you running under those filters??
joeyjojo
Regular

March 2003
Re: 20v quad throttles onto a 4age 100kw Fri, 17 October 2003 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am interested in this adapter, how much would this roughly cost.

seca105@hotmail.com
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 20v quad throttles onto a 4age 100kw Fri, 17 October 2003 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still waiting on exact details about how much it's going to cost to get a few of these cast - I'll let everyone know soon as I can, just wanted to see if anyone other than me was even remotely interested in the idea! Evil or Very Mad
mrsoopra
Regular

July 2002
Re: 20v quad throttles onto a 4age 100kw Fri, 17 October 2003 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Me me me me me!! Smile hehe . Let me know when u get a price on the cast.. Cheers

Gaz
AE86 Trueno
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: 20v quad throttles onto a 4age 100kw Fri, 17 October 2003 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrshin, i'm remotely interested in it, but i don't have a suitable programmable ECU, the quads or a 4AGE. apart from that, yeah.

cast them yourself!

backyardmetalcasting.com

i'd probably file them out of an alloy block or something hideosly labor intensive, or modify a 16 valve inlet manifold (i've seen radiator hose used before in such a situation)

i'd like to check out you hachi one day too if you have the time, i have heard it is a bit of a machine

[Updated on: Sat, 18 October 2003 00:45]

joeyjojo
Regular

March 2003
Re: 20v quad throttles onto a 4age 100kw Fri, 17 October 2003 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Sherwood how much did it cost to put them on , how labour intensive was it?
Bill Sherwood
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 20v quad throttles onto a 4age 100kw Fri, 17 October 2003 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I made the adaptor myself. It's actually two (well, five) pieces though - The original manifold was to be for a pair of Webers/Mikuni's gutted so they'd work as throttle bodies, but I ended up using 20v throttle bodies instead.
I also worked with an engine simulation program that told me that I needed the inlet system to be a lot shorter than the Weber-style manifold + Minuki's would be, but longer than just fitting the 20v TB's onto the end of the manifold.
So I milled up four ~30mm long blocks that bolt onto the manifold and the 20v TB's bolt onto those. (so, a one-pice manifold plus four smaller blocks)
Messy, but it works well.
For cost, not much in material terms but plenty of time on the miller & MIG welding.
The inlet trumpets are my own design and are very short.

[Updated on: Fri, 17 October 2003 11:23]

ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: 20v quad throttles onto a 4age 100kw Sat, 18 October 2003 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd be interested in those adaptor plates. pm me the details, price...etc

cheers
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: 20v quad throttles onto a 4age 100kw Sat, 18 October 2003 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
remember its not just a case of bolting on the quads with the adaptor and the throttle bodies. you need to think about ECU ect - remember Bill runs a Motec M4 (correct me if i'm wrong here Bill) to control all this - i don't think a 100kw ECU would run all this gear in stock form!
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 20v quad throttles onto a 4age 100kw Sun, 19 October 2003 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My car a machine? hmm.... Well, in the coming weeks it should become a good deal more of a machine than it ever was, too! Evil or Very Mad A few of you already know what I'm talking about..

I started making an adapter from scratch out of steel, and while it could have worked, I figured that there's no harm in making a few at once. And yes, you will need to do something with the ECU to make it work - I'll be using a Motec myself.

Price, I'll let everyone know as soon as I do myself!

As for home-grown casting, I have actually tried it before - have made a few little pieces out of aluminium, although it usually turned out pretty lumpy, etc.
joeyjojo
Regular

March 2003
Re: 20v quad throttles onto a 4age 100kw Sun, 19 October 2003 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Would this mean , to put them on a new ecu (aftermarket) would have to be purchased, would it be possible to use one off a 20vaule.

Is it legal to put the QTB on an 16vaule 4AGE?
AE82Gunner
Regular

August 2002

Re: 20v quad throttles onto a 4age 100kw Tue, 21 October 2003 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does anyone know if it's possible to get the quads for a 4agze that's now turbo not supercharged.

thanks in advance.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 20v quad throttles onto a 4age 100kw Wed, 22 October 2003 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My 4ag's turbocharged, and soon as I get the bits is going to have quads Evil or Very Mad
Steve M
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 20v quad throttles onto a 4age 100kw Wed, 22 October 2003 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How would 20v throttle bodies go on an 18RG, I realise it would need an adaptor.

Just wondering if it would be an improvement on the 40mm solexes (32mm large venturi) or would I be better off making my own throttle bodies (from scratch)
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 20v quad throttles onto a 4age 100kw Thu, 23 October 2003 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SHIN! put the quaddies on WHITEY! that thing is a machine !
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 20v quad throttles onto a 4age 100kw Thu, 23 October 2003 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, a mate of mine's gonna give me a set of dellorto's to put on Ol' Whitey, when I get a chance (and can seriously be buggered!) Surprised
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 20v quad throttles onto a 4age 100kw Thu, 23 October 2003 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Plus, with the 18R, maybe you could just gut out your existing carbs? Evil or Very Mad
Steve M
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 20v quad throttles onto a 4age 100kw Thu, 23 October 2003 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I have heard of that method but I would rather have shorter TBs and longer trumpets, with the modified carbies there is a space limit in an RA28. Plus, no matter how much I gut the solexes, they will still be 40mm solexes (I realise that the entrance to the port is only 35mm but I figure that bigger is better if you want to leave room for further mods, right?

Where on the manifold would be a good spot to mount the injectors? There is more room on the underside, but the most suitable mounting securing points are on the top.

Any input will be good.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 20v quad throttles onto a 4age 100kw Fri, 24 October 2003 02:32 Go to previous message
You'd be able to buy (at no doubt unthinkable cost!) throttles that'll bolt straight onto your engine....

On a more reasonable budget, some significant messing with aluminium welding, plate, die grinder, etc. etc. would make you a manifold to suit. As for injector platement, I guess positioning of the fuel rail etc. has a lot to do with it - also, what's it going to cost by the time you do the intake, ECU, fuel system, ignition, etc. anyway? Just that I wouldn't want to spend TOO much on the 18r... but then thats just personal opinion Surprised
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Oils Aint Oils
Next Topic:Exhaust Db?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 09:27:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059661865234375 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.