Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Will I pass pink slip like this? (Poll)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Will I pass pink slip like this? (Poll) Thu, 16 October 2003 22:43 Go to next message

Pass or not to pass?[ 19 vote(s) ]
1.Yes 6 / 32%
2.No 5 / 26%
3.Pink slips are for GIRLS 8 / 42%

Guys,

I have to go for pink slip now Sad Hey, friggn' rego is $211 this year!? getting SO expensiv... grrrrrr..

anyway, I have the pod filter on atm and I also have my cold air pipe running to near the base of the filter (front bar - near battery - to where air box goes).

This is only staying their till I get my proper cold-air box all fiberglassed etc..

The question is, will I be failed with a pod filter? do I have to put all the old stuff back together, or should I just take out the CAI pipe?

See this piccie.. can't see the pipe, but it's there...

http://homepage.mac.com/andrewlincolne/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2003-10-15%2006.23.26%20-0700/Image-ACC3A09AFF1011D7.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 16 October 2003 23:11]

Send a private message to this user    
Stenno
Regular

March 2003

Re: Will I pass pink slip like this? (Poll) Thu, 16 October 2003 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How well do you the know the person doing the pink slip? Wink

Pod filters are illegal in most cases, you can get them engineered - my engineer had no problem with mine and it's on the papers.

I can't see the CAI being a problem, put your stock air box back on and then swap it over once you've passed rego, that's the safest bet.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Will I pass pink slip like this? (Poll) Thu, 16 October 2003 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ring the guy beforehand, tell him the situation, if he says nahh i cant pass it, ring another guy and repeat process Very Happy
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Will I pass pink slip like this? (Poll) Thu, 16 October 2003 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Most places will still give you the pink slip cos they have no idea that the pods are illegal.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Will I pass pink slip like this? (Poll) Thu, 16 October 2003 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Note the oil cap is OFF in this pic. He then proceeded to drive for the next 400km with it OFF. Very Happy Very Happy

There is that place in the industial zone of Castle HIll (next to Unique Autosports) that will pass you. Very Happy
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Will I pass pink slip like this? (Poll) Fri, 17 October 2003 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They will pass me?!? mad...

I drove from Horsham to Melbourne with the oil cap off... more than 400k I reckon.. anyway only lost 500ml or so! love the sleekar. I feel sorry for my baby when I do something bad to it.. Sad
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Will I pass pink slip like this? (Poll) Fri, 17 October 2003 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, pretty much. You might just have to buy the guy a six-pack or something. Very Happy

At least the guy I was talking to (Shannon Pendelbury) said that all I had to do was mention his name, and I would get my car passed no problems. Very Happy
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Will I pass pink slip like this? (Poll) Fri, 17 October 2003 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wear your prettiest dress, smile your biggest smile and offer to give him the best haircut he's ever had - putty in your hands Rob, and you'll get passed in no time Laughing Laughing

Although the mechanic might be tempted to modify your exhaust... Shocked
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Will I pass pink slip like this? (Poll) Fri, 17 October 2003 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rofl

near hunter holden on victoria road, in ryde, theres CMN (or CNM) motorsports. bloke's name is mario, he'll pass it like that, as long as the car is safe
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Will I pass pink slip like this? (Poll) Fri, 17 October 2003 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've never had a problem with my pod filter. Although I do have an engineering certificate..

If you have trouble, gimme a PM, I can help you.
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Will I pass pink slip like this? (Poll) Sat, 18 October 2003 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man, i feel sorry for you guys, i don't even know what the hell a pink slip IS, all i have to do is take my rego renewal slip to the post office and pay the cash, although mine cost around 250 from memory, and that is with a concession!

might keep shtbuckets off the roads though, but i suppose you can always find a dosgier guy.
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Will I pass pink slip like this? (Poll) Sat, 18 October 2003 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bring it to my work rob, my boss doesnt care about pod filters
justin
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Will I pass pink slip like this? (Poll) Sat, 18 October 2003 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude I LOVE you.. I am so there... haha Smile

anytime or call first? does he care about my CAI pipe, or shall I take that off just to be safe? Smile

Twinky
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Will I pass pink slip like this? (Poll) Sun, 19 October 2003 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Most places would pass people with pod filters, even cut springs, atmospheric bovs etc etc. Because if they ask them to change it, they know that as soon as the get home they are just gonna swap it back over. They will usually just say something like "if you get pulled over, this wasnt like this when you were here". Cool

Thats been my experience with pink and blue slips.

[Updated on: Sun, 19 October 2003 03:35]

speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Will I pass pink slip like this? (Poll) Mon, 20 October 2003 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont think you should be naming shops on the forum or lurker cops might decide to crack down on pink slips and drop in to them for a visit. Sad

Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Will I pass pink slip like this? (Poll) Mon, 20 October 2003 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Juzzo's work is good, did a nice job on my brakes Smile I reckon that'd pass, again it all comes down to the mechanic.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Will I pass pink slip like this? (Poll) Mon, 20 October 2003 11:08 Go to previous message
yeah, btw, anybody notice anything awry with my oil cap? Shocked
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ra40 Updates and Photoshopped shabby finisH!!!
Next Topic:Any one guilty of perving on their own car?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:21:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060579776763916 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.