Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
natez
Regular

April 2003
installing Koni Yellows 4 ae86 Wed, 15 October 2003 07:12 Go to next message
Has anyone had troubles with these

My suspension guy is installing them now,

he has had no troubles with the rear ones, but with the fronts he has had to do alot of modification to fit them in, they are the right part number as per the Koni catalog, and my struts are original, any help here..

Send a private message to this user    
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: installing Koni Yellows 4 ae86 Wed, 15 October 2003 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had no issues with mine... afternoon swapover Evil or Very Mad
natez
Regular

April 2003
Re: installing Koni Yellows 4 ae86 Wed, 15 October 2003 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what were your part numbers, for your shock absorbers...

it kinda looks like they have mixed and matched the shock absorbers to match the car, but needs more work to fit than it should...
86racer
Regular

May 2002
Re: installing Koni Yellows 4 ae86 Wed, 15 October 2003 18:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
natez !!

How much did u pay for your konis ???
natez
Regular

April 2003
Re: installing Koni Yellows 4 ae86 Thu, 16 October 2003 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$800 front and rears
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: installing Koni Yellows 4 ae86 Thu, 16 October 2003 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all you should need to do to the fronts is put a spacer under the insert to bring the shock up to the correct height in the strut
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: installing Koni Yellows 4 ae86 Fri, 17 October 2003 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so 4 short stroke koni yellows cost 800 bucks eh? anybody have "mates in the trade"???

IRA11Y, wouldn't that negate any benefit of having short shocks? puttin a spacer under the shock would increase the "droop length" meaning your short springs may fall out, and increase the chance of bottoming out, meaning you may as well have not bothered?

or am i looking at it totally the wrong way?

actually, i can see how this would work, if the "rod" of the shock was a lot shorter anyway.

i thought you had to cut 2 inches (or whatever amount the stroke is shirter by) out of the strut casing and weld it back together.

are koni yellows short stroke?
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: installing Koni Yellows 4 ae86 Fri, 17 October 2003 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No

Club 4AG tech

this sorta shows it but they are cutting the strut, which you dont neccesarily have to do if you are just going to upgrade the standard springs instead of using coil overs

shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: installing Koni Yellows 4 ae86 Fri, 17 October 2003 06:48 Go to previous message
yeah, i read that, but didnt like the guy's diagrams or descriptions. (read it again - makes more sense now)

i think i have basically worked it out now, it just depends on how the replacement shocks have been designed. i still think the best way to go would be to get 2 inches magically cut out of the strut rods, then you wouldnt have to mod anything at all.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2nd Gen 3S-GE head gasket
Next Topic:AE82-AE86 Loom???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 18 06:19:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042388439178467 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.