Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » Details updated: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
icon3.gif  Details updated: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Tue, 23 July 2002 10:57 Go to next message
Just thought I'd see if anyone feels like a bit of a spin this Saturday night? Haven't really stretched the 'rollas legs for a while, so maybe a whiz down the Nasho might be in order..

Might have to take it fairly sanely, 'cos I'm sure it'll be the first time down there for a few people and I really don't want to see any damage this time.. So what do people reckon?

I'm thinking of heading off around 9:30 or so (yes fairly early i know, but I've got an early day on Sunday Razz) so how about:
Meet: 10:00pm at Sylvania Maccas (Princes Hwy, just South of Port Hacking Road)
Depart: 10:30pm

So what does everyone think?

[Updated on: Thu, 25 July 2002 14:55]

Send a private message to this user    

Re: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Tue, 23 July 2002 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dont know anything about the "nasho", but I'm always up for a run down the "old road".

Got new tyres and stealthy exhaust now, wanna try it out !!

Paul - check your mail

Matt

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Tue, 23 July 2002 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Paul,
I would love to go, if only my car could go... The motor is nearly ready to pull out now... Than it's time for a rebuild and drop her back in... I wouldn't mind tagging along though... I'll see if i can get a few more cars to come along...
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Tue, 23 July 2002 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TOYO3T wrote on Tue, 23 July 2002 9:07 PM

Dont know anything about the "nasho", but I'm always up for a run down the "old road".

Got new tyres and stealthy exhaust now, wanna try it out !!

Paul - check your mail

Matt

Matt - Royal National Park (or the nasho as we tend to call it Evil or Very Mad) is in Sydney's South (Sutherland kinda area) and runs down to Stanwell Tops (up the top of Wollongong) I feel like I've done the "old road" a bit much lately and feel like some variety (plus something that's a bit closer to home for me! Razz). Will probably do the Old Road again in a few weeks when I get the itch. Wink Will let you know. Smiley = (btw - got your other email, I should have it uploaded for you tonight some time)

Ben - By all means mate, get there any way you can! Nod It might be pretty hard to get too large a group through without any problems, but I guess everyone will just have to behave themselves. Cool
whiteGZE
Regular

May 2002

Re: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Tue, 23 July 2002 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds great Paul.

I should be getting my car back on Friday Rolling Can't wait, it's been such a pita without it.

I will be definately taking it easy and staying at the back of the field until I have checked every square inch of my rear suspension.

So if I get it back I'll be there. Nod

Re: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Tue, 23 July 2002 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Paul.

I may be able to comedown if you guys go. I'll stay at my girfriends place in Hurstville, (is that getting south enough??)

I can go places no w that i'm all legal and stuff.

Matt

troyboy
Regular

May 2002

Re: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Tue, 23 July 2002 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt.. this stealthy exhaust u speak of...

what is it..
was ur exhaust too loud?

howd u fix and how much?
i am running at 115dB
Sad
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Wed, 24 July 2002 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What time would the cruise be likely to finish??? I have transport now in a Festiva Cry Cry Cry ... Oh well...
Matt (WhiteGZE), was the tail gate bend at all??? It looked pretty straight when i had a goose...
Troy, 115dB... Thats not too bad... I don't know what my zorst will be like... 2" mandrel from extractors, bazooka style muffler and a 3.5 or 4" tip... SIK!!!
whiteGZE
Regular

May 2002

Re: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Wed, 24 July 2002 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The tailgate was fine. The gt4 hit me at the strongest point on the car. Anywhere else and it would have been a total write off. I'll give them a call tomorrow to see if it will be ready.
MaNGeW
Forums Junkie

Formerly TRD_RoLLa

May 2002
Re: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Wed, 24 July 2002 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh i'll be there, if i return from Canberra in time.
But i'll be meeting you closer to Nasho in the southern suburbs.
kerr
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Wed, 24 July 2002 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Paul,

Don't know how much this will affect you, but the electronic signs on the F6 have been saying that Lawrence Hargrave Drive is closed.

Not too sure where, or for how long.
Just thought I'd let u know.

Smile
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Wed, 24 July 2002 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That was lucky then aye... Atleast u get to keep your car...
Julz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Wed, 24 July 2002 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I'm well overdue for a cruise.
I'll be there. I'll let DASH know about it too.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Wed, 24 July 2002 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good so far guys! Nod Who else is interested?

Matt - Can you suggest any decent spots on the South side to meet up? (Keep in mind that we'll most likely be coming straight down King Georges Rd..)

Andrew (Kerr) - Thanks for the info mate. Smile i think we should be right. After checking a map to see where Lawrence Hargrave Drive was, i don't think we'll be going down that far anyway.

Julz - Yeah bring Dash along, it's a while since I've seen him on a cruise. http://www.westwoodi.net/~smilies/otn/laughing/lol2.gif

Let's make this a fun one fellas. Smiley =
MaNGeW
Forums Junkie

Formerly TRD_RoLLa

May 2002
Re: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Wed, 24 July 2002 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lucid wrote on Wed, 24 July 2002 8:27 PM

Matt - Can you suggest any decent spots on the South side to meet up? (Keep in mind that we'll most likely be coming straight down King Georges Rd..)

Ummmm i'll have to get back to you. But there is plenty of servo's that could cater for our check points.
Nod
kerr
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Wed, 24 July 2002 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt may suggest somewhere better, but 2 places to meet could be:

* just before the National Park turnoff at Loftus Oval. It has a nicely sized parking area to re-group at off the side of the road.

* or Macca's Sylvania

Drive past both locations if you're coming down King Georges.

Seeing there's a cruise south-side, will try to tag along.
Hope you can all keep up with the Landcruiser!! Razz Razz Razz (handles well thru the Nasho!)
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Wed, 24 July 2002 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet... sounds like a plan... What sorta roads are in the National Park??? Dirt, Bitumen, good roads, shit roads...
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Wed, 24 July 2002 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the idea Kerr. If i wake up early enough tomorrow or friday i'll take a drive along the planned route just to check for suitable spots.

Ben - National park is normal bitumen road surface. Fairly tight and twisty in a lot of spots, and a bit bumpy in a few others as well.
kerr
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Wed, 24 July 2002 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't get upp tooo early though will ya.

And I must say, I don't think you answered Ben's question fully. Razz
There are all types of roads in the Nasho!

But I suppose at that time of night, it is only the main bitumen one that is open. And most of the Toymods guys & gals would not want to take their cars too far off the bitumen.

And yes, definitely windy and twisty!!

Maybe run through the park to Stanwell, and come back up through Helensburgh and the F3....

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Wed, 24 July 2002 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We should be right in the Festiva... Once again I say Cry Cry Cry ... Tight and Twisty... Hmmm... Last time the bloody car spun on a dirt corner at around 60kmh... Hope we don't go any faster than that... Thats if it can go any faster than that hehehe hehehe hehehe ...
How far is the National park away from Sydney??? The north shore for that matter???
kerr
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Wed, 24 July 2002 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fantastic!!! A bit of competition for the Landcruiser. I think I can manage around 60kmh in it, maybe even 70 Grin
I might have to come along now!

I'd say it's about 30-45 minutes from the city at that time of night.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Wed, 24 July 2002 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahahaha... We hit the top speed in it... A whopping 142km/h... Done on a private road... I swear to god... Hehehe...
Sweet... Thats not too far away then...
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Wed, 24 July 2002 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In all seriousness guys, if it's your first time though the park please take it kinda easy. There are a few really tricky corners there which have caused quite a few accidents in the past. By all means have a good time, but don't test the limits too much if you don't know the road well. Grin
kerr
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Wed, 24 July 2002 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the cruiser can slightly top that, but I must say, downhill though!

I can only echo Paul's comments.
The park can be a bitch, especially in the wet.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Thu, 25 July 2002 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the info Paul... I'll tell the driver to slow down on this one then... I won't bring my cousin then... He thinks he's king shit when it comes to sharp corners and twisty roads...
All I can say if see all of you on Saturday Night... I'll have a video camera so i wanna see silly things happening... But safely done of course... As Paul said, we don't wanna see any damage...
kerr
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Thu, 25 July 2002 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Decided on a meeting place yet??
There's a Shell servo along the Princes Hwy, cnr Boulevard which may do. Bit more lighting than my earlier suggestion.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Thu, 25 July 2002 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmm.. how about we make it Sylvania maccas? It doesn't sound like a HEAP of people will be coming from around the West, so to save hassles it might be better to make the initial meet-up over that way? Say 10pm at Sylvania maccas? (I'll check the address & post that later.)

Details in original post updated!
kerr
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Details updated: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Thu, 25 July 2002 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silly things hey Ben????
Landcruiser silly enough for you? hehehe hehehe hehehe
White4AGE
Regular

July 2002
Re: Details updated: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Thu, 25 July 2002 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Guys,

I missed the MegaCruise, and now i'm gonna miss this too!! I'm seeing The Whitlams at the Metro! Meet at Sylvania Macca's i work overnights there and it'd be nice to see some corolla's in the car park!!

kristian
Regular

June 2002

Re: Details updated: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Fri, 26 July 2002 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi guys

Count me in, im fairly new to the club.
Msg me at 0401 389 188 if anything comes up Smile
any contact details, just in case
kerr
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Details updated: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Fri, 26 July 2002 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Took a drive through the Park this afternoon in advance.

The Lawrence Hargrave Drive closure will definitely NOT affect the cruise (unless you feel like continuing down to Wollongong!!)

My only advice is not to drive right on the edge of the road, particulary the corners... A few potholes, and low lying branches and shrubs. Don't affect me too much, but could others.

See you there!

[Updated on: Fri, 26 July 2002 11:25]

Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Details updated: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Sat, 27 July 2002 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool - See you all tonight guys! Nod

If anyone's coming, but is running late, give me a call on 0409 824 873 to let us know and we'll wait around for you.. otherwise we'll be leaving on schedule.

Once again:

Sylvania Maccas, 10:00pm!
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Details updated: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Sun, 28 July 2002 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks to all the guys that came out the other night, I had a great time. Nod

Was lucky to see that the Nasho didn't claim the Soarer as it's latest victim, although it was a VERY close call. Eye Spin
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Details updated: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Mon, 29 July 2002 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No worries mate... Thanks for organising it... I heard about the Lexus incident from my cousin (Red Lancer)... He said that it was very close... Hehehe... I got bored on Sunday and went to the gong again... A few cars there... Took the video camera down there and filmed heaps of chics and nice Rollas... Anyone from Toymods there at all??? There were a few Toyotas there...
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Details updated: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Mon, 29 July 2002 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTW, who was the funny fool that was saying "And Then" (from Dude, Where's My Car) on the CB??? I was the one replying "No And Then... Who was it???
I have the video footage of it if anyone wants to put it on the computer and then onto a website...
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Details updated: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Mon, 29 July 2002 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehhe.. I'm pretty sure that was one of the guys in the Evo. Like i said, if someone can convert VHS footage to MPEG then i'm happy to host it. I don't have a Video Capture Card so I can't do it myself unfortunately.

Will have a talk to a friend of mine who MAY be able to do it.. (i'm not 100% sure what equipment he has though)

So how'd the video turn out anyway?
whiteGZE
Regular

May 2002

Re: Details updated: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Mon, 29 July 2002 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good to see everyone had fun.

Sorry I couldn't make it, the car wasn't in any shape for cruising. No No No

I have fixed some probs, still got suspension issues to sort out.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Details updated: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Mon, 29 July 2002 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not to worry Matt. Cool

Of course you're going to have a bit to sort out, and i wouldn't want to give my car a real hard run on those roads if i wasn't 100% sure of it's handling.

Just make sure you get to the next one or else!!! Evil or Very Mad Wink
Bounty
Regular

May 2002

Re: Details updated: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Mon, 29 July 2002 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Razz yeah was a close one Shocked I got a capture card...
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Details updated: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Wed, 31 July 2002 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well where about's you from Bounty??? Does it need to be on actual video or just the Video Camera tape??? I will be putting it onto video anyway so just let me know... Also, what connection's do u need??? Like, from the camera to the computer or just from a VCR to the computer???
Bounty
Regular

May 2002

Re: Details updated: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Wed, 31 July 2002 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
umm if u can have the video in the camera and play it from that and u just need a output cable from the camera like one of those red white yellow type cables and just power for the camera thats abt it
ive only hooked up a video camera once n mucked around i just usually use it to watch tv on the pc
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Details updated: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Wed, 31 July 2002 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok any pics yet, I knnow there were a few cameras floating round
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Details updated: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Wed, 31 July 2002 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bounty, where abouts are you from???
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Details updated: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Wed, 31 July 2002 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah Luke, I've got some, but i've been a lazy-arse and haven't uploaded 'em yet. Not that many turned out too well 'cos of the shitty lighting conditions & the fact that i don't have a tripod.

will have another look through now and try and get 'em uploaded..
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Details updated: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Wed, 31 July 2002 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oy paul, you postin' the pics up on your site??? What was the address again???
Bounty
Regular

May 2002

Re: Details updated: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Wed, 31 July 2002 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
canterbury area
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Details updated: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Wed, 31 July 2002 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't have access to the camera but i have a copy of the cruise on video tape... If u can hook up a VCR to the computer then were set...
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Details updated: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Wed, 31 July 2002 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pics:

http://www.luc1d.net/cruises/270702/index.htm

[Updated on: Wed, 31 July 2002 12:19]

Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Details updated: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Thu, 01 August 2002 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't beleive you put the spare wheel picture up
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Details updated: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Thu, 01 August 2002 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul, I'll try and organise something with Bounty soon about the video footage... A lot of it wasnt that good... But i did get the EVO's "floor it" session from the lights... It was all for the camera though... Probably cause i had it hanging out the window at the front mount hehehe hehehe ...
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Details updated: Anyone up for a drive this Saturday night? (27th) Fri, 02 August 2002 04:06 Go to previous message
Bugman wrote on Thu, 01 August 2002 9:31 PM

I can't beleive you put the spare wheel picture up

Whoops! Did I really? Embarassed Razz Wink

Ben - That's cool. Whenever you guys can sort it out let me know. If you can get the whole lot to me in MPG format would be great, and I can hopefully edit stuff out & keep the good bits. Smiley =

[Updated on: Fri, 02 August 2002 04:06]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:eastern creek
Next Topic:Places to meet-Celica Cruise
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 21:03:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0079588890075684 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.