Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Newb with a new project..Need some advice and help!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thefonz
Newcomer

October 2003
icon7.gif  Newb with a new project..Need some advice and help!! Sun, 19 October 2003 10:33 Go to next message
Hi all , I just purchased a new project car from a friend who's finances went downhill . Its an 87 soarer with a 1jz-gte-auto.
I just had it towed home and have been looking over it, It seems that the motor is in 100%. It just needs a cooler and pipes and also the radiator hooked up. The biggest worry is the wiring is not hooked up and the computer is on the passenger seat.. here are some pics.
http://www.fairgo.biz/pics/1.jpg
http://www.fairgo.biz/pics/2.jpg
http://www.fairgo.biz/pics/3.jpg
I Photoshopped the number plate..

Does anyone know where i can find wiring diagrams or maybe even find someone in the brisbane or gold coast area that can wire it up for me???

Im stoked , Ive always wanted 1j powered something, and this is sweet, it has an LSD and i plan to show up some silvia / skyline's..

Thanks all...
Maty... Smile

Send a private message to this user    
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Newb with a new project..Need some advice and help!! Sun, 19 October 2003 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
older soarers are cool, thats gonna hammer to when u get it goin Evil or Very Mad

have u spoken to 'sideshow' on these forums, i dunno where hes located tho but he does wiring and stuff
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Newb with a new project..Need some advice and help!! Sun, 19 October 2003 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Car looks nice.

Contact Chris Rogers of Sound Off Mobile Installations. His motto is "Installation anytime... anywhere..." and does custom automotive wiring and stereo setups.

MOB: 0407 102 839
AH: 07 3256 7129
chris@soundoff.net.au
www.soundoff.net.au

Chris is a personal friend and has also done extensive wiring work on a number of engine conversions. He comes with my highest recommendation.

Tell him "Shifty" sent you and he'll look after ya Smile

[Updated on: Sun, 19 October 2003 11:04]

thefonz
Newcomer

October 2003
Re: Newb with a new project..Need some advice and help!! Sun, 19 October 2003 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not Yet..But i want to meet the guru's for sure.. I like the old skool style with the 1jz...

Its really dirty at the moment but i plan to clean it next weekend.. Im hopin that it hammers, I just noticed the ecu has a blitz 180kmh speed delimeter.. Bonus..

Cheer

Maty..
thefonz
Newcomer

October 2003
Re: Newb with a new project..Need some advice and help!! Sun, 19 October 2003 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers 7M.. Do you have a contact number for him?

This is awesome thanks for letting me be part of this great community, you guys are so willing to help.. cheers it is much appreciated.. Will keep posted about conversion and how its going..
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Newb with a new project..Need some advice and help!! Sun, 19 October 2003 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

He comes recommended highly.

One step ahead - I clicked send by accident. Post has been edited Cool
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Newb with a new project..Need some advice and help!! Sun, 19 October 2003 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shifty?

man, youre the second guy I know with that nickname Razz
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Newb with a new project..Need some advice and help!! Sun, 19 October 2003 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats what im doing to my soarer(its same as mine), talk to sideshow... he was gonna do mine and will be when i get the finances(will make mine easier for him too hehe)

Thats not an 87 model though, correct me if im wrong but thats a z1x soarer which stopped being built late in 85, the z2x soarer went from 86 onwards and is much rounder than said soarer.
Mines an 84 model and looks exactly the same.

- Johal
thefonz
Newcomer

October 2003
Re: Newb with a new project..Need some advice and help!! Sun, 19 October 2003 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just looked on the manufacturers plate and it is a MZ12 soarer cant find any yr model as yet (its dark and late), Also just noticed it has electronic dash with a TV, a remote control is in the center console...

How far are you through your project? Also what motor did it have as standard, mine says 3.0GT on the back , im guessing a natural aspirated 7m?It is also a limited model if that means anything?

Also the motor is a perfect fit.. underneath the crossmember is the perfect shape around the sump and it all looks 100% stock, To an untrained eye the motor looks like it belongs.

[Updated on: Sun, 19 October 2003 13:38]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Newb with a new project..Need some advice and help!! Sun, 19 October 2003 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats so weird.. As far as i was aware mz12's came with the same 2.8 litre as the ma61's
never knew they had a 7m ever. but also, it has to be a pre 86 model.. or.. i dunno, thats just plain weird lol

Im at 5%ish(initial planning) gotta wait 3 months now for finance

[Updated on: Sun, 19 October 2003 14:25]

Phyro
Regular

September 2004
icon14.gif  Re: Newb with a new project..Need some advice and help!! Wed, 03 November 2004 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys, I think I can help out here - I have the exact same car.
Never seen anyone else with one - Hey Fonz does the damn TV work?
I have had all the capacitors blanket replaced coz I couldn't work out whats wrong (they dont like low battery voltage i know that, starts bitching and you in japanese and beeping then turns of, right selfish i say - if i can work without sleep so can it). I'm pretty sure its a loose pin in the wiring loom (correct term?), which is gonna take to damn long to sort it out. But I will in the end.
and yeah
Its going to be a 3 litre 6M engine, non turbo'd. from 1985, only year they made them. Try keep your motor in good condition, when mine decided to blow a conrod bearing or something similar i was looking at 1.5 to 2 grand for a new motor. Managed to pick up one from T&H wreckers for $660, but isn't the best of replacements... you could actualy say worse - but it aint going to blow up anytime soon.

say, did you get leather interior with the car? and is your seat warmer hooked up? Infact does anyone with an MZ series Soarer have their seat heater hooked up? Is it possible to hook up the wiring (which is there) on cars that didnt come hooked up at factory?

Cheers all, and enjoy the ride Fonz, they comfy

Phyro
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Newb with a new project..Need some advice and help!! Wed, 03 November 2004 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why may I ask did you dig up such an old thread?
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Newb with a new project..Need some advice and help!! Wed, 03 November 2004 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Wed, 03 November 2004 17:11

Why may I ask did you dig up such an old thread?

he obviously used the seatch engine with a model prefix or some such thing Razz
nothing wrong with digging up soarer threads
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Newb with a new project..Need some advice and help!! Wed, 03 November 2004 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers all, still workin out which buttons to press, and Jag - damn nice Soarer Cool
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Newb with a new project..Need some advice and help!! Wed, 03 November 2004 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thx mate, 2 yrs and about 5 or more cars to piece together this car Smile
got any pics of urs, interior aswell
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Newb with a new project..Need some advice and help!! Wed, 03 November 2004 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Surprised money and time spent well I hope? hehehe

yeah sure, not on this pc, i'll send some along soon enough, finishing some online training right now so i can pay the damn bank back. Confused i think my 50 days interest free are up and am no closer to getting paid - Coles Myer don't have my bank details yet.

Weren't you trying to work out whether to go with those wheelarch guard/trim on the soarer? did you go that way?

Phyro
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Newb with a new project..Need some advice and help!! Wed, 03 November 2004 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah jag has realised that they look silly with his purple bumpers so he is going to sell them to me, arent you jag Smile

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Sad
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Newb with a new project..Need some advice and help!! Wed, 03 November 2004 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Wed, 03 November 2004 18:35

nah jag has realised that they look silly with his purple bumpers so he is going to sell them to me, arent you jag Smile

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Sad

theres a good chance they wont fit ur car
and there at my gf's dads atm having the bumps and shit removed to make them like brand new
from there i will decide

money and time WELL spent
ask anyone who has been for a ride

[Updated on: Wed, 03 November 2004 08:10]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Newb with a new project..Need some advice and help!! Wed, 03 November 2004 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Wed, 03 November 2004 18:39

MR 1GGTE wrote on Wed, 03 November 2004 18:35

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Sad

theres a good chance they wont fit ur car
and there at my gf's dads atm having the bumps and shit removed to make them like brand new
from there i will decide

money and time WELL spent
ask anyone who has been for a ride

let me know aye Wink
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Newb with a new project..Need some advice and help!! Wed, 03 November 2004 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are they metal?
How are the bumps getting removed (huzzah for girlfriends dads, unfortunately my lady's is a courier and a masters harpsicord player... can't work out what to get out of him Razz )?
If they are metal... can you make them yourself out of sheet metal Mr 1GGTE?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Newb with a new project..Need some advice and help!! Wed, 03 November 2004 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I could try to make them out of sheet metal but no doubt they would come out looking like shit Sad
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Newb with a new project..Need some advice and help!! Wed, 03 November 2004 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I bought the car that this thread is about, and I AM STILL WAITING FOR MY ECU THAT YOU SAID YOU WOULD SEND ME !!! thefonz !! what is it, 9 months ?

Kristian
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Newb with a new project..Need some advice and help!! Wed, 03 November 2004 15:09 Go to previous message
Phyro wrote on Wed, 03 November 2004 19:16

Are they metal?
How are the bumps getting removed (huzzah for girlfriends dads, unfortunately my lady's is a courier and a masters harpsicord player... can't work out what to get out of him Razz )?
If they are metal... can you make them yourself out of sheet metal Mr 1GGTE?

they are stainless steel so all the bumps can be knocked out of them and returned to new condition
he is a sprayer/beater, did my whole car for me, saved me 3 grand(out of a 6 grand job)

Kristian: I woulda bought that car off you for the same price you bought it for, way back when Razz.. i guess im glad i didnt have to wait 9 months for an ecu
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:woo.. driving legally
Next Topic:Banned from pulsar.org.au but why?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 23:25:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047338008880615 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.