Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
TA22 vs T18 weight Wed, 24 July 2002 03:53 Go to next message
My cousin just picked up a TA22 Celica with a 2TG sidedrafts and extractors, unfortunately the body of the car was stuffed and is even worse now thanks to a friend's driving skills.

So he wants to transplant it into either another TA22 or a T18. Does anyone know the weight differnce between them. And are there any other problems he should look out for with either of them.

Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TA22 vs T18 weight Wed, 24 July 2002 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the T18 is a little heavier, but I have no figures. The T18 has more glass, and maybe a bit wider.
dorikin
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: TA22 vs T18 weight Thu, 25 July 2002 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ben, what are you doing here harrassing us all... hehehe. hey did you get that message i sent you last night of that guys number??

i think that you should offer your cousin a few hunjie for his engine and drop it into the white beast!!! hehehe, btw, when are the racing stripes going on??? would it be a similar arrangement as last time including beena, farcus, me and excessive consumption of beers? maybe even a quick squirt down to dannas in the dumb mobile harassing some commodores and learners on the way???
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TA22 vs T18 weight Thu, 25 July 2002 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
T18 is lighter, but not by much. As for problems, they both suffer the same things - neglect and rust. If you can find one that's been looked after you're laughing, but they're getting hard to find these days.
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: TA22 vs T18 weight Fri, 26 July 2002 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If there really isn't much difference then it looks like it'll be a TA22 since they're easier to find. And yes Todd, there will be GT stripes on it, and my "new" T18 too.
Gased
Regular

May 2002
Re: TA22 vs T18 weight Sun, 28 July 2002 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henn,

any photo's of your T-18?

I've got a stock black bumper job that needs quite a bit of attention.
My aim (once the pennies are saved) is to drop a 3tgteu motor in it but running a performance LPG setup.

David
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: TA22 vs T18 weight Tue, 30 July 2002 12:38 Go to previous message
David,

Well, my T18 isn't really much to look at. Just really for arse out action here and there. I'll try and get some photos up at http://homepage.mac.com/robinjp/ in the near future. Then you can have a laugh. I've got a second one I'm wrecking, so if you need bits then let me know, b_e_n@hotmail.com.

GT stripes are definitely the best mod you can make to a T18.

Hen
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Need 1JZ-GTE Specs!! Lots!!
Next Topic:1ggte driving but still not happy...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 22 03:03:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049829483032227 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.