Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
2J power upgrade - 1200hp kit Mon, 20 October 2003 23:31 Go to next message
http://members.shaw.ca/kfgroup/2j_stage_5.htm

I know the stock 2J bottom end is well built, but 1200hp from stock bottom end???
  Send a private message to this user    
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2J power upgrade - 1200hp kit Mon, 20 October 2003 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha... 1200hp managed by a piggyback hks fcon??

god the yanks ove bolt on crap!!
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 2J power upgrade - 1200hp kit Mon, 20 October 2003 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"We have to warn you that you will need a new clutch if you have a manual. If you have an automatic transmission you will need significant upgrades which we will contact you about after ordering. With this amount of power you have to be able to know what’s going on in the engine. Because of this we highly suggest that you purchase at least a Boost gauge"

They mean to say that they have got this far WITHOUT a new clutch and boost gauge????? Neutral Neutral Neutral
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2J power upgrade - 1200hp kit Mon, 20 October 2003 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2JZ bottom ends are strong, but not that strong. A genuine 1200hp would mean a pretty short lifespan...
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2J power upgrade - 1200hp kit Tue, 21 October 2003 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lance from T04r.com suggests that the stock bottom ends are reliably good for 6-700 hp. People are now trying to see how much power they can make on a stock bottom end if you rifle thru the Supraforums website - who can build the most powerful hand grenade......
I am always stunned how people blow gazillions of dollars on a big budget build and the insist on using a pocket calculator to control the motor.
Whilst an M800 is not exactly cheap, in the scheme of what has been spent here, the difference between it and the Game Boy they have used instead is negligible. I raised this on Supraforums recently and got flamed. Go figure....Rolling Eyes
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2J power upgrade - 1200hp kit Tue, 21 October 2003 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yanks are frightened of "standalones", or indeed anything which falls outside the familiar territory of big brand, plug-and-play type upgrade kits. Trying to explain this to them is a bit like teaching a pig to sing... well, you know the rest. Smile
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2J power upgrade - 1200hp kit Tue, 21 October 2003 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you see that absolute lot of fucktards that converted their 'distributorless' GTE to a distributored setup? They spent gazillions engineering a distributor that would bolt on to the front of their intake cam gear and then another gazillion on a some old school high energy ignition kit and some plug and play Playstation ECU setup. Cretins.....
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2J power upgrade - 1200hp kit Tue, 21 October 2003 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A little off topic - but theres meant to be a 1000hp Jza80 for sale in ballarat

ive had a look at the car - looks like its been fiddled with ALOT ..

I should get some pictures up - or ask for a test run ..Looks mean as hell too - Jet black - with a GT style bodykit on it

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 2J power upgrade - 1200hp kit Tue, 21 October 2003 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ENGINE BAY PICS!

Hell, they dont even crack the motor until 'Stage 7' Shocked
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2J power upgrade - 1200hp kit Tue, 21 October 2003 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cambelt from these forums bought a 2JZGE from some guy up that way who is dropping a TT 1UZ into one.....would be interesting....
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2J power upgrade - 1200hp kit Tue, 21 October 2003 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill see if i can get that for you guys - ill go to ballarat this w-end most likely - Im hoping the rumours are true!
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2J power upgrade - 1200hp kit Tue, 21 October 2003 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Tue, 21 October 2003 12:32

Did you see that absolute lot of fucktards that converted their 'distributorless' GTE to a distributored setup?

*slaps forehead*

So did they have a reason for doing this, or did someone just get bored?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2J power upgrade - 1200hp kit Tue, 21 October 2003 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They converted it so they could "upgrade" the already kickass ignition system to some old school aftermarket one instead of just buying a good aftermarket ignition system designed for it.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2J power upgrade - 1200hp kit Tue, 21 October 2003 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Makes perfect sense... Rolling Eyes
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2J power upgrade - 1200hp kit Tue, 21 October 2003 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Factor in the fact they are American and it makes perfect sense. Pssht, coil on plug, whats this nonsense?
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 2J power upgrade - 1200hp kit Tue, 21 October 2003 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
americans just dont understand that aftermarket doesnt mean microsoft certified.... (analogy of sorts)

We here in australia are really pretty lucky in that we have a very big market for aftermarket ECU's.

Re the distributor thing... i can just see Jaycar mail orders getting a shitload of emails from fucktards in the states wanting HEI kits for their 2JZ's
cambelt
Regular

June 2003
Re: 2J power upgrade - 1200hp kit Sat, 25 October 2003 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The one i seen at Ballarat was white with red and white personlised no plates, 1uz t88 motec m all running through a w58
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 2J power upgrade - 1200hp kit Sun, 26 October 2003 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Tue, 21 October 2003 12:39

A little off topic - but theres meant to be a 1000hp Jza80 for sale in ballarat

ive had a look at the car - looks like its been fiddled with ALOT ..

I should get some pictures up - or ask for a test run ..Looks mean as hell too - Jet black - with a GT style bodykit on it

has it got black wheels with red around them? stickers down a bit of the side??

because i've seen that supra, makes me turn into jelly everytime

ps how much?
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 2J power upgrade - 1200hp kit Mon, 27 October 2003 02:44 Go to previous message
I think I would be happy with just a Stage 5 kit. Rolling Eyes
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Cool Licence Plate
Next Topic:What the deal with you fella and 'ricers' ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:15:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057260990142822 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.