Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Anyone heard of Toyota Altezza RS200??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Son Gokou
Regular

September 2002

icon5.gif  Anyone heard of Toyota Altezza RS200?? Tue, 21 October 2003 09:28 Go to next message
Hi, just wanna know if anyone heard of Toyota Altezza RS200??...i think i saw this car in the GT3 and its looks really nice and wondering is this is available in Australia??...the shape looks the same as a Lexus IS200 but this car cost abit and also does anyone any site that got some info on the car??..

Thanks!!
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Anyone heard of Toyota Altezza RS200?? Tue, 21 October 2003 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes it exists but only in Japan. It comes with the BEAMS 3SGE and 210ps. We didn't get it here. We got the Lexus IS200 which shares the same chassis and gearbox but with a 1GFE.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Anyone heard of Toyota Altezza RS200?? Tue, 21 October 2003 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I want an RS200 for my daily driver!

Gt4 playcar - lexus work car - sounds sweet to me !Smile
Son Gokou
Regular

September 2002

icon5.gif  Re: Anyone heard of Toyota Altezza RS200?? Tue, 21 October 2003 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone know this car can be import from Japan??
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Anyone heard of Toyota Altezza RS200?? Wed, 22 October 2003 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Probably not. You might have issues because the car was released here, even though its released as a Lexus.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Anyone heard of Toyota Altezza RS200?? Wed, 22 October 2003 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You could build one for a fairly good price
ie - Buy Is200 at auction (99 models) around $25,000
- Import Altezza front cut from Japan around $10,000
- Source Altezza LSD and few other parts around $3000
- Engineering, Exhaust, service, around $3000 (?)
- BLING - $5000

So it could be possible to get on the road (if you did some of the hard stuff yourself) for around the 40k mark (unless I've forgotten anything) Beats a new IS200 at 70k! from there one can only dream of the modifications to that engine (or the Blingage Razz )
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Anyone heard of Toyota Altezza RS200?? Wed, 22 October 2003 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could prolly 2jz one for less or sompin lol
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Anyone heard of Toyota Altezza RS200?? Wed, 22 October 2003 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Altezza front cut wouldn't cost that much. A new IS200 is only mid-$50k too.

I'd be following Deesonet's idea of vvti 1JZGTE and Getrag 6-speed though.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Anyone heard of Toyota Altezza RS200?? Wed, 22 October 2003 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mid 50k really?? damn thats a nice car in comparison to its compeditors (power excluded)

I was overstating the prices alittle but that only means a cheaper project in the long run....

I was toying with the idea recently and was looking for a tough N/A car, but yes a 1j or 2j can go in there, but the Beams 3gse would be a fairly simple swap from what I understand. And I was looking for a daily driver.The Celica would be the Over powered twin turbo weekend Toy Evil or Very Mad .
Julz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Anyone heard of Toyota Altezza RS200?? Wed, 22 October 2003 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lambo, you were overstating?? Shocked Shocked

An IS200 for $25k is bloody cheap, even for an 99 model. I better start sussing out the auctions Wink
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Anyone heard of Toyota Altezza RS200?? Wed, 22 October 2003 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmm... Altezza RS200... I'd give my left nut for one Evil or Very Mad
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Anyone heard of Toyota Altezza RS200?? Wed, 22 October 2003 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've seen a few a dealers with 90-110k km's going for $30,000 or less and the body and interior in the two I looked at were very good (I was suprised)
I've got a mate that I asked to keep and eye at the auctions for one and he saw a 2000 model go for 28k and a 99 with 80k go for 25k that was in good nick (I have reason to beleive it was one of the ones I looked at on parra rd. for 30k)

Food for Thourght Eh???
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Anyone heard of Toyota Altezza RS200?? Wed, 22 October 2003 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think someone forgot to mention that while the 3S-GE beams with VVTLi has 210ps, that's at about 7000rpm AFAIK Shocked
Peak torque is somewhere up near 6000rpm.
So as a daily driver it'd be pretty crap, unless you want to drive over 3000rpm everywhere. Rolling Eyes
BTW I think redline is about 8500rpm Evil or Very Mad
For a daily, get an IS300 with a 2JZ-GE already under the bonnet (hopefully we might be getting the 6 speed manual of this like they've just released in the USA)

[Updated on: Wed, 22 October 2003 05:25]

Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Anyone heard of Toyota Altezza RS200?? Wed, 22 October 2003 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

So as a daily driver it'd be pretty crap, unless you want to drive over 3000rpm everywhere.

and........... Rolling Eyes
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Anyone heard of Toyota Altezza RS200?? Wed, 22 October 2003 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good point, just depends how far you have to commute.
Having to dial up 4000rpm just to take off in stop-start traffic could become a pain... maybe Rolling Eyes
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Anyone heard of Toyota Altezza RS200?? Wed, 22 October 2003 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Good point, just depends how far you have to commute.
Having to dial up 4000rpm just to take off in stop-start traffic could become a pain... maybe

and............. Very Happy

I use lots of backways and side streets and 2nd gear in my 35km drive to work from Kellyville to Strathfield
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Anyone heard of Toyota Altezza RS200?? Wed, 22 October 2003 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You'd have great fun then, although I that doing the same thing with the better torque of the 2JZ would be more fun again. Very Happy
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Anyone heard of Toyota Altezza RS200?? Wed, 22 October 2003 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shhhhh.....
JDM hachi
Regular

February 2003
Re: Anyone heard of Toyota Altezza RS200?? Wed, 22 October 2003 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a mate just came back from a holiday in NZ, brought back a news paper, in the car section there were 3 genuine rs 200's for sale they were selling for arround the 28-30k mark (NZ dollars also).
matty.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Anyone heard of Toyota Altezza RS200?? Wed, 22 October 2003 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wagonist wrote on Wed, 22 October 2003 15:38

You'd have great fun then, although I that doing the same thing with the better torque of the 2JZ would be more fun again. Very Happy

In the tight back streets, you would rather a heavy 3.0L over your front axle than a HiPo 2.0L?

Give me an RS200 over an IS300 anyday. Every day.
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Anyone heard of Toyota Altezza RS200?? Wed, 22 October 2003 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RS200 is quite popular in NZ. You think its necessary to have a front cut for a conversion? Dont they use the same box. Im wanting to put the 3s in my IS200, as the car is slow! I have seen these engine for $4500 with Auto box.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Anyone heard of Toyota Altezza RS200?? Wed, 22 October 2003 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, you would only need an engine package... they are alot cheaper thana half cut
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Anyone heard of Toyota Altezza RS200?? Thu, 23 October 2003 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.bestjapancar.com/toyota321.htm
this car went for about 2 million yen, which is about 25 grand in oz $. not bad.
Son Gokou
Regular

September 2002

icon9.gif  Re: Anyone heard of Toyota Altezza RS200?? Thu, 23 October 2003 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn too bad Altezza RS200 cannot be import from Japan and i cannot afford a Lexus IS200:(...look like if i can find any 2nd hand IS200 in auction...
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Anyone heard of Toyota Altezza RS200?? Thu, 23 October 2003 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Wed, 22 October 2003 16:04

wagonist wrote on Wed, 22 October 2003 15:38

In the tight back streets, you would rather a heavy 3.0L over your front axle than a HiPo 2.0L?

Give me an RS200 over an IS300 anyday. Every day.

Hear hear.
I think people often underestimate the value of a small but poey engine, plus I thought alot of the appeal of the RS200 was its F/R weight & handling, which would be complimented by a high reving donk.
I like to think it's like a modern day luxury version of my car. Laughing
HooN
Regular

May 2002
Re: Anyone heard of Toyota Altezza RS200?? Thu, 23 October 2003 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wonder if anyone has thought of replacing the 1G in the oz is200 with a 1G-GTEU? or even just the turbo bits (Since 1G-GTEU's are older than the IS200)

cheers

tom.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Anyone heard of Toyota Altezza RS200?? Thu, 23 October 2003 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm sure people have thought about it, but it's unlikely anyone has done it because it's not street legal. Even swapping the cylinder head and manifolds would probably be a no-no.

[Updated on: Thu, 23 October 2003 13:02]

Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Anyone heard of Toyota Altezza RS200?? Thu, 23 October 2003 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 22 February 2004 09:12]

Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Anyone heard of Toyota Altezza RS200?? Thu, 23 October 2003 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The up side is if you can get a complete front cut you get the benifit of the Altezza brakes and Interior gauges + lots of spares

BTW if any does get a front cut can I please have the interior??
HooN
Regular

May 2002
Re: Anyone heard of Toyota Altezza RS200?? Fri, 24 October 2003 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Even swapping the cylinder head and manifolds would probably be a no-no

But would the RTA really check your cylinder head stampings? you could just say the turbo stuff was a kit you bought from japan Razz I darno, id just LOVE to see a 1GGTE IS200. Please, somebody make one..
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Anyone heard of Toyota Altezza RS200?? Fri, 24 October 2003 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Anyone know this car can be import from Japan??

Race/Rally import... hmmm... would be nice Very Happy
Quote:

i wonder if anyone has thought of replacing the 1G in the oz is200 with a 1G-GTEU? or even just the turbo bits (Since 1G-GTEU's are older than the IS200)

Yep, the was one running around using the GTE gear on the standard engine (FE) looked like it went alright... Pity the guy who owned it was a wanker and felt a few hit's to the head from yours truely!! Arrogant little smartasre he was....
I like Ray Halls convert, 2JZ-GTE, 6-spd, etc ... Straight line bullet, but some serious stuff would be needed for handling IMO.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Anyone heard of Toyota Altezza RS200?? Fri, 24 October 2003 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the neil bates IS200 is actually a RS200

kinda false advertising if u ask me.
HooN
Regular

May 2002
Re: Anyone heard of Toyota Altezza RS200?? Fri, 24 October 2003 03:13 Go to previous message
Johnny wrote on Fri, 24 October 2003 12:23

Pity the guy who owned it was a wanker and felt a few hit's to the head from yours truely!! Arrogant little smartasre he was....

ROFL!! Shoulda calmly asked him for his keys while he was prostate on the ground... i dont think he woulda said no.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ae86 @ wreckers
Next Topic:Next Step? *long post*
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 20 14:06:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0087051391601562 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.