Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Celica_RA40
Regular

May 2002
BRISBANE CRUZE route 7th JULY Sun, 30 June 2002 10:09 Go to next message
ok went and checked out the route today and have decided to give the caloundra part a miss including the caloundra bit it took me about 6 hours to get back to where i started. and 370 ks

should knock atleast an hour off it and 80 or so ks.

Start
* Aspley Mc donalds be there at about 8:30 we leave at 9 am.

* Turn onto Maundrell Tce which turns into Appleby Rd

* Turn right onto Stafford Rd. follow along and left onto Wardell St.

* Wardell St turns into Stewart onto Jubilee Dr.

* Turn right onto Waterworks Rd

* Follow Waterworks Rd where we stop at The Gap BP service station and fill up with go juice. this is one of the only servos i have seen along the way that sells premuim ULP and 98 RON fuel. this is approx 5 ks from the base of mount nebo.

* Up Mount Nebo Rd stop at the top at a small Cafe to regroup and grab some drinks and so on.

* about another 20 ks up the rd there is a bit of a rest stop with toilets and a look out. good photo oportunity

* keep cruzin on and onto Mt glorious Rd follow this to the end.

* Turn right onto Wivenhoe Rd
folow that along and turn right onto Kilcoy Rd follow this up to kilcoy.

* Small rest stop outside a Shell servo where we can get fuel i dont think they sell premium. take some photos of the group of cars in carpark.

* go right onto the D'aguilar Highway go down through Woodford and just before D'Aguilar turn right onto Mount Mee Rd. follow Mount Mee Rd down through Daybro and onto Mount Samson Rd and go towards Samford. it is pretty well signposted if you get lost.

* Before Samford turn left onto Eatons Crossing Rd right ontoSouth Pine Rd then go down a bit and left onto Albany Creek Rd then follow this to the end this will put us out about where we started. i will be going back to the maccas for a bit of food and have a bit of a chat.

ok i think as a basic everyone should check their brakes, oil coolant tire pressures and so on before we set out. i managed to get brake fade twice on my run and when i stopped to let them get better again the pads were smoking so it is hard on brakes.

other than that post on here and let me know who is coming

[Updated on: Sun, 30 June 2002 11:56]

Send a private message to this user    
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: BRISBANE CRUZE route 7th JULY Sun, 30 June 2002 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rad!...

i will be there dude
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: BRISBANE CRUZE route 7th JULY Sun, 30 June 2002 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good dude. Sorry I couldn't go with you today. I'm going to print out that list you just made in that post too and bring the directory. Can't be too safe. Smile

I'm going to try to do a service this week too. I really gave the transmission a burning friday night going up the mountains down at wongawallan up behind movie world there. (Smelt like burning oil).
Celica_RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: BRISBANE CRUZE route 7th JULY Sun, 30 June 2002 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just a small note i am changing the start point to aspley maccas as it is a bit easier for people to get to.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: BRISBANE CRUZE route 7th JULY Sun, 30 June 2002 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aspley macca's? Ok then, the big carpark down the back. Either way, the ricers wouldn't know what hit them when real cars start to show up. Grin

Hey...... I can use my free sausage and egg mcmuffin ticket thing. Smile
SkiDMaN
Regular

June 2002

Re: BRISBANE CRUZE route 7th JULY Sun, 30 June 2002 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im in Smile

just gotta work out where aspley maccas is now Wink

i have nfi

well ne way... im getten some performace pads put on mine this week.... so i guess they will be just in time Wink

and if yas wanna go on a mountain run on the gold coast i got a real cool spot

like the corners are so hard u have to go back to 1st gear... very fun late at night with no cars so u can take the apex... i know... stupid me... blah blah... but its a good way to waste an hour Nod
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: BRISBANE CRUZE route 7th JULY Sun, 30 June 2002 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hope you fellas arrange another cruise when i am available.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: BRISBANE CRUZE route 7th JULY Mon, 01 July 2002 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn. Bad news from me. I won't be going. I got a phone call today that my trip up to billo was changed from the 13-14-15 to this sat-sun-mon. (6-7-8 ). I was hoping to do both. Sad

[Updated on: Mon, 01 July 2002 03:34]

Celica_RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: BRISBANE CRUZE route 7th JULY Mon, 01 July 2002 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bah it can wait. gotta come on the cruise.

well since your not comin im goin to the meeting for the toyota club tomorrow night so you wanna come along?
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: BRISBANE CRUZE route 7th JULY Mon, 01 July 2002 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Celica_RA40 wrote on Mon, 01 July 2002 8:51 PM

bah it can wait. gotta come on the cruise.

well since your not comin im goin to the meeting for the toyota club tomorrow night so you wanna come along?

Nah, can't.

Why did this damn busy period have to happen now?
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: BRISBANE CRUZE route 7th JULY Tue, 02 July 2002 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Plans changed today. We're post-phoning our trip until september, so I'm back in for sunday if it's still on.

Just gave the beast a full service of oil and transmission oil change today. Front of the transmission has a nice coat of fluid on it. I call it 'experimenting to get it right', which I will next time. Smile

I should finish my work tomorrow. Smile
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: BRISBANE CRUZE route 7th JULY Sat, 06 July 2002 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im going to try to meet u at the Gap BP servo in the morning - since were coming from the southside - im not going to bother driving all the way out to asplyey if i have to backtrack getting in touch with simon in about 2 mins to see if he's tagging along or not - if not - Ill catchas at the next celica meet

Wayne - bringing carby with me if i meet up with you guys

Stuart
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: BRISBANE CRUZE route 7th JULY Sun, 07 July 2002 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey Stuart

thought it was a nice cruise until we got to somerset dam and everybody stopped talking to me, must have been because of the burnout Grin

sorry didnt get a chance to say goodbye mate, was a bit anxious to get home and rip the head off to see whats happened

for a start in addition to the beast constantly chewing through fan belts like a yokel at a haybarn shindig, she has snapped the alternator bracket in half so that was just hangin by wires by the time i get home, also the timing chain is rat shit, somehow skipped two teeth also, haha

catch up with you soon

seeya

Wayne
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: BRISBANE CRUZE route 7th JULY Sun, 07 July 2002 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ha - nahh wasnt the burnout Smile * chuckles * More likely we couldnt keep up W/you Smile * smirk *

I think everyone the Aspley macca's heard me when i took off - had a little bit of encouragement to bring the dragbeast to life - and of course it lifted the front end on launch and gave a pawwiggle again Smile Always fun..

Hope u get your motor back together - it didnt sound too happy by the gist of it ?

The belts went in it too - shite - lucky i guess you got home - we all understood the urgency to get home Smile

You missed not much - got stuck behind a telstar on the way back after you left - so it was a very easy run home for us too..

Re carb - u know where i live - just organise a time and it will be here - otherwise ill most likely be going on next weekends CCCq cruise - so meet me there if you pop along
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: BRISBANE CRUZE route 7th JULY Sun, 07 July 2002 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn i should have driven the ta22 on the cruise, it would have looked more the part alongside your beast, and would have lasted longer too Rolling

her name is magilla gorilla, lol

re the sticker you want, i was thinking on your chrome panel between the tailights would be a good place....let me know if this is what you want and name a colour and i will bring it with me next time, i can either make it at work or at home (free)

see ya
wayne
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: BRISBANE CRUZE route 7th JULY Sun, 07 July 2002 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL - re sticker i think not.. Putting a sticker like that just invites silly immature boys in excels to try and take on a real sports car Smile

Id prefer to embarress them one at a time * chuckles *

Hmms - what parts do you need for your motor BTW - i think i know of a few 21R's at salsbury wreckers i could peek over for you

celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: BRISBANE CRUZE route 7th JULY Sun, 07 July 2002 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stew,

im running a 22re, i need new timing chain(may as well pick that up new cost about 20 bucks)

alternator braket mount and all belt pulleys (cant figure out why i keep snapping them, maybe cos i drive nuts Rolling Eyes )

if i get these parts and install them, and i get that top end rattle, im down to bent valves or broken piston, bent conrod etc.

something terminal may as well start looking at real options than a replacement 22re as it hasnt even lasted 60,000kms yet Freak

celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: BRISBANE CRUZE route 7th JULY Sun, 07 July 2002 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stew can i use the sticker on my car ?

would be handy the next time i see a 300zx turbo, lol
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: BRISBANE CRUZE route 7th JULY Sun, 07 July 2002 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
laughs - i THINK a 300zx is out of your league at current - but your welcome to use the slogan hehehe

as for the bits you need - is the likes of alternator mounts / pulleys interchangable with a 21re ??

I also know of a few hiluxes in the boneyards with that i think are 22R's in them - might be able to source some bits there next time i have a peek

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: BRISBANE CRUZE route 7th JULY Sun, 07 July 2002 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTW how much would replacing the pistons/rods and machining the heads set you back - you might as well just get an exchange 22re if it starts adding up over 400 bux all up.. probably get a low Kays short block for under 500

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: BRISBANE CRUZE route 7th JULY Sun, 07 July 2002 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wayne - Contact these guys re a replacement motor quote

http://www.allautos.com.au/engines/petrol.htm#toyo ta .. gives u a rough idea whats available

celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: BRISBANE CRUZE route 7th JULY Sun, 07 July 2002 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i rebuilt this one myself about two years ago

not so recently had the heads ported and oversized valves fitted, heavy duty valve springs, had a very hot cam (too hot) regrinded it to warm (still too hot) and went back to stock for a while until i can get a programmable computer, it was running rich then lean then rich again, still lifted the passenger wheel sometimes, this was with a RPM heavy duty centreforce clutch (not broken yet)

anyway in this order im considering
18rgzeu (using sc-14 blower)
3tgteu (sequential twin turbo)
1uzfe (independant throttle bodies bought from bullet supercars)
1ggte (just like everybody else, not)

no point in installing a stock motor, i will just break it again

i have to drive around the ta22 for a while now, damn 2tg is slow off the mark unless you rev it up and dump the clutch No No No
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: BRISBANE CRUZE route 7th JULY Sun, 07 July 2002 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that 300zx was an 85 model too by the way i would have carved him up ....mmmm true story
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: BRISBANE CRUZE route 7th JULY Sun, 07 July 2002 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chuckles - tyou could always sell it and get a RA28 with an 18rg in it already Smile Heaps cooler looking and would go like a rocket with a supercharger Wink

Smiles - thats my idea of a possible ta22 replacement if i choose to do so Smile

That or a Gt4 .. or a Xr6
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: BRISBANE CRUZE route 7th JULY Sun, 07 July 2002 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
85 ?? That dont count then - they are touring saloons - not sports cars Wink

the supra of that yearage - with its anchor 5me at least had some balls Smile

dads got one of them BTW - biggest damn nose ive ever peered over - but by HELL did it handle nicely - mark one for toyota innovation

theres an idea - what about a 6MGE?? would they fit
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: BRISBANE CRUZE route 7th JULY Sun, 07 July 2002 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celicamad85 wrote on Sun, 07 July 2002 3:14 PM

hey Stuart

thought it was a nice cruise until we got to somerset dam and everybody stopped talking to me, must have been because of the burnout Grin

sorry didnt get a chance to say goodbye mate, was a bit anxious to get home and rip the head off to see whats happened

for a start in addition to the beast constantly chewing through fan belts like a yokel at a haybarn shindig, she has snapped the alternator bracket in half so that was just hangin by wires by the time i get home, also the timing chain is rat shit, somehow skipped two teeth also, haha

catch up with you soon

seeya

Wayne

Nah, burnout was ok, I was just a little annoyed that the smell stayed in my car for the next few clicks.

The not talking to bit seemed the other way around to me, you seemed to just go off on your own.

Ah well, at least I know where you ended up going. Hope the valves are fine with that skipped chain.
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: BRISBANE CRUZE route 7th JULY Mon, 08 July 2002 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for that site stew, didnt see you post that until today i just emailed them re the 3tgte, easy enough motor and i already have one for the real ta22 im hiding, so i should know my way around it by now

it would be good to sell the car now, but i dont think i would get what i want for it considering the motor may need an overhaul

cheers
wayne
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: BRISBANE CRUZE route 7th JULY Mon, 08 July 2002 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Sun, 07 July 2002 8:43 PM

theres an idea - what about a 6MGE?? would they fit

Hell yes they fit! Have a look under my bonnet some time. They go quite nicely too. Smile

BTW my 6M-GE Supra is for sale, asking $5k with rego and RWC.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: BRISBANE CRUZE route 7th JULY Tue, 09 July 2002 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is that the black one Norbie ??
I believe the blue ones getting the "2jayZee"

And nods - a 6MGE would boot under that bonnet Smile still wanting dad to get one in his Supra Smile
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: BRISBANE CRUZE route 7th JULY Tue, 09 July 2002 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well a decision has been made regarding the 22re bucket of puss, i thought about selling it, and when i sell the other ta22 i can get a supra while i drive the blue ta22 around for a bit

or...

this is what i have decided, grab the new 2tg from the ta22 for sale and drop it into the ra65 seeing as i have crossmembers for a 3tgte from a ta64, yes that might be old but hey it is a new motor and it is quick and most importantly the cheapest option....in the next few months i will use the 3tc motor i have spare to do the usual conversion and more porting, valves etc. 48mm webbers, 308/308 cams 12mm lift (thats right 12mm)

then its off to willowbank to run it in Up To Something

hey stew has the celica club ever had a day out at willowbank ?...maybe one might be in order if not, i cant get my printer working will there be membership forms at the next meet ?...which is the 1st tuesday again or earlier ?

cheers
wayne
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: BRISBANE CRUZE route 7th JULY Tue, 09 July 2002 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nods to membership forms - we always have them at the general meeting - if not - i could give you a membership form from one of our magazine things to fill in when u come to pick up the carby ..

We have a CCCq cruise this coming weekend - dunno if theres a chance of getting a form then but if needs be - im sure i can talk to amanda and get one sent out promptly

Re willowbank - i dunno whats happened there - they might have gone out before i became a member but as far as ive been there not yet - That may change soon though - we'll just have to ask the comittee

Stuart
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: BRISBANE CRUZE route 7th JULY Tue, 09 July 2002 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where is the cruise going ?...would it be ok to join on the day ?
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: BRISBANE CRUZE route 7th JULY Fri, 12 July 2002 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne - Its cool to come - Were going to Toorbul - near bribie ISland ..

Just make sure to be at motorama 4x4 ( beausesert rd - smae place we hold the meeting ) at 9:30 am or a little before - with a full tank of juice. Luch is $5 - BBQ setup so make sure you have some spare dollarz on hand

Carby wise too - its still in the boot

This also applies to anyone else interested in coming along
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: BRISBANE CRUZE route 7th JULY Sun, 14 July 2002 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Tue, 09 July 2002 1:00 PM

Is that the black one Norbie ??
I believe the blue ones getting the "2jayZee"

That's correct... the blue one has the 2JZ (which I started for the first time yesterday!) and the black one is for sale since my license was just suspended and I can't drive it any more. Sad
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: BRISBANE CRUZE route 7th JULY Tue, 23 July 2002 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you don't mind me asking, what was your licence suspended for?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: BRISBANE CRUZE route 7th JULY Thu, 25 July 2002 06:57 Go to previous message
Accumulation of demerit points.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:When is the next brissy celica club meet?
Next Topic:***Who wants stuff from sydney*******
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:08:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054850578308105 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.