Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » you feel like a dick when...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
you feel like a dick when... Thu, 23 October 2003 22:51 Go to next message
i will start off dismorning i did something i wouldnt normaly do but i dont know why i did and i feel like the biggest dickhead....
i was pulling out on to the great western hwy and there were these really hot advertising babes very very good looking and then to show off snaped into 2nd gear and away the tail was and again and again then i tried to back off but being a mr2 (mid mount) its a little harder to control and the tail just kept going no matter what i did if i put the power on it would kick out even more if i backed off it would swing out just as much and the thing just kept swinging i held it for a good 30 secs but then bang into a gutter.... the car is all sweet and the wheel is scratched a bit but thank god nothing else is damanged i need to get a wheel alignment too now

but i feel like a real dicked for even attempting what i did!
so anyone else had any experances like this??!!?!
  Send a private message to this user    
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: you feel like a dick when... Thu, 23 October 2003 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaa... the other night i drove OVER a gutter... wasnt even going fast.. had fogged up and dirty windows and couldnt see shit, turned
left and went up over the gutter(like fully over).. my wheels are probably out of alignment, i guess i wasnt as close to the corner as i thought.
Ur car is a little more expensive than mine though Razz Razz
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: you feel like a dick when... Thu, 23 October 2003 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive spun the car in the wet in peakhour trafic trying to go through an orange light a little quick, was facing the wrong way with about 100 cars looking at me while I did a 3 point turn as the other light went green and they slowly came twards me while they waited.
Got some very strange looks hehe
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: you feel like a dick when... Thu, 23 October 2003 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha that reminds me.. I was going around this long sweeper in the wet with almost bald shit quality tyres.. started losing it.. completely lost it ended up doing a 180 facing the right way in the opposite lane of traffic.. lucky there was no cars in either direction.. just a hot chick on the side of the road(whom was walking) laughing at me Embarassed
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: you feel like a dick when... Thu, 23 October 2003 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i woudl say peak hour drift is not the greatest idea.

30 second slide that is some achievement, spewin bout the gutter
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: you feel like a dick when... Fri, 24 October 2003 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice to know im not the only knob.... lol i feel a little better hahaha.... god damn im a dick all the way to woprk i couldnt look at anyone i just look at the road im was so friggen embaressed!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: you feel like a dick when... Fri, 24 October 2003 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im sure everyone has done something stupid like that... ive almost lost it heaps of time in the rain
with my old shit tyres anyway
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: you feel like a dick when... Fri, 24 October 2003 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i did that was racing a p plater in his mums VT we came to a T junction but it had lanes to merge onto the road so i came screaming towards it knocked it back to 3rd compression arse end kicks out knocked it back to 2nd same again but i was actually turning on to the road i was going like 70 it snaped LSD they tyres where baking but i couldnt flick it back so i ended up facing the opposite way looking at two lanes full of cars waiting at the lights i did a 7 point turn and took off.

Laughing
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: you feel like a dick when... Fri, 24 October 2003 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did a similar thing on epping road
it was 10pm, it was wet, and I had 3 turning lanes to play with, so I thought I'd see what my celica could do (back in the days when I had a celica).
changed down to 2ns approaching the corner, gave it a quick squirt to get the back out, and go the opposite lock. By the time I get to opposite lock with no power steering and that bus steering wheel, the arse is too far gone to save.
do a 270, facing 3 lanes or traffic, with the people outside the pub giving applause
3-point turn, and I went home with my tail between my legs Smile
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: you feel like a dick when... Fri, 24 October 2003 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
funny shit note the above story was in the dry Confused Shocked Laughing
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: you feel like a dick when... Fri, 24 October 2003 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL. Some pretty funny stuff. I havent done anything bad like that.....yet......

Draven, was that outside Epping Pub after you come across the bridge??? I have often wanted to try my car out around that corner, and have resisted the temptation so far. Very Happy
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: you feel like a dick when... Fri, 24 October 2003 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ribbo wrote on Fri, 24 October 2003 09:02

ive spun the car in the wet in peakhour trafic trying to go through an orange light a little quick, was facing the wrong way with about 100 cars looking at me while I did a 3 point turn as the other light went green and they slowly came twards me while they waited.
Got some very strange looks hehe

Hahaha... I've done exactly the same thing Ribbo...

Was funny to see ppl staring at me... I just looked at them with the fattest grin cause it was kool...

Brad, how badly is the rim scratched???
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: you feel like a dick when... Fri, 24 October 2003 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not bad its was the out part of the rim the part that meets up with the tyre, and some chrome has flaked off so its not very noticable i hope there is no damage that i can see i have looked under the car but was quite dark so i cant see anythign everything feels ok just need a wheel aglinment.... all good but there goes my pride... Sad

bugger is all i have left to say!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: you feel like a dick when... Fri, 24 October 2003 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah, turning from macquarie centre road onto epping road, outside the ranch
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: you feel like a dick when... Fri, 24 October 2003 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Had an interesting experience in the parents car a few years ago(89 ea falcon)...was travelling down ipswich rd and took the northern suburbs exit (heading to mogill) it was about 8pm and pissing down rain. I misjudged the amount of rubber remaining on the tyres and entered with a tad too much speed for the body rolling walrus of a car. As soon as i started to turn and the wheels hit the centre white line & it was as if i had a set of slicks on...needless to say i ended up doing a few spins before slamming into the guardrail and mincing the entire left side of the car & shattering the steering rack. I still manged to drive it back home to sunnybank via algester to drop a mate off(who gave me shit the whole way)...parents weren't very impressed & i felt like a dick Embarassed
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: you feel like a dick when... Sat, 25 October 2003 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NickAE86 wrote on Fri, 24 October 2003 16:03

Had an interesting experience in the parents car a few years ago(89 ea falcon)...was travelling down ipswich rd and took the northern suburbs exit (heading to mogill) it was about 8pm and pissing down rain. I misjudged the amount of rubber remaining on the tyres and entered with a tad too much speed for the body rolling walrus of a car. As soon as i started to turn and the wheels hit the centre white line & it was as if i had a set of slicks on...needless to say i ended up doing a few spins before slamming into the guardrail and mincing the entire left side of the car & shattering the steering rack. I still manged to drive it back home to sunnybank via algester to drop a mate off(who gave me shit the whole way)...parents weren't very impressed & i felt like a dick Embarassed

nice hahaha.. i put a tiny little dint in my mums car down near the exhaust and i almost got shot!
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: you feel like a dick when... Mon, 27 October 2003 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you are driving towards a big posse of "aquaintances" in a carpark, and try and go that little bit faster and do a nice skid near them.......

and run over the gutter on the way there....

that happened to my mate. it was embarrassing enough for me being in the car with him Embarassed Laughing

also, going to answer your phone, and drive into another gutter, fucking your tyre. Embarassed Embarassed
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: you feel like a dick when... Mon, 27 October 2003 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've spun my dads ford explorer 180 on the pacific highway in the wet from a right hand turn bay had my friends shitting themselves in the back, but my friend wrote off his parents impreza (shown on the left <----), spent my first day out of school in royal north shore emergency waiting for MRI's and x-rays because of it
AttentionSeca
Regular

October 2003

Re: you feel like a dick when... Wed, 29 October 2003 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Once I was doing 120 along the Highway just past Wollongong heading south. I had really bald tyres and it was pissing down rain.
Anyways I hit a nic big puddle and headed straight into a really slow 180 all I could see in the rearvision mirror was the side of a Kombi. Anyway I finally make the full 180 meanwhile my mate is tryingnotto drop his goldfish he had in a plastic bag full of water, then I think man Im travelling backwards and theres a cement pileon coming up, So I ripped the wheel around really hard and did a 180 the opposite way to what I originally spun and stopped about 2 meters away from the Pileon. We all shat our pants.
And i got a few wierd looks to which I raised 1 hand,nodded ans mouthed the words thank you.
It was scary but I was quite proud of my automobile Ballet. Very Happy
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: you feel like a dick when... Tue, 04 November 2003 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My dads friend in his s/c AW11 stepped it out around a set of traffic lights, the car got way too sideways for him to correct it so the back ended up mounting the gutter which scratched his bumper and bent his exhaust all out of shape.
Sullie
Newcomer

November 2003
Re: you feel like a dick when... Fri, 14 November 2003 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol the funniest thing ive ever done is when dropping off me mate at his place, he has a small garden, and i drove over his mum's garden because i didnt see it late at night
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: you feel like a dick when... Fri, 14 November 2003 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine was on my way to the pub one night, out the back there is a huge crpark and every1 goes there b4 the nightclub/pub because they all sit in their cars and drink, it was wet and in the far corner there is a corner perfect fir a small drift, i got the arse end out and then the fronts lost traction, im thinking hell yeah this is cool (i know it was in the rain but still fun) and i saw that there was a parking space between 2 cars, the drift was being controlled nicely and i thought i could slot it between the two cars and park it, just as i was approaching, about 4 metres from the parking space, the rears gripped and kicked the back end back around Shocked luckily though i got on the brakes and stoped before i hit a car and drove in as if it was all meant to be, still i was a little disappointed and felt like a dick cos there were so many people there and thought i was showing off but i was just having fun, HONEST!!! Razz
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: you feel like a dick when... Sat, 15 November 2003 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was messing about with a chick in a mx6(didnt know her, she cut me off so i did the same then it ended up being all out tom foolery with much smiling and laughing on both sides)

Anyways it was wet, i was starting to get a bit late(was due at a mates place SOON) so i decided to take a corner onto the gateway aterial a little fast(hadnt driven my supra in two weeks so i was readjusting to a shitty auto box, no using engine compression to slow down....hadnt occured to me at this time in life that you can sorta drive an auto like a manual) so hard on the brakes into this corner
hit a nice "rainbow" oil slick and get massive "FWD" understeer heading towards a nice 1.5m embankment.
i'm thinking...FUCK THIS...so i quickly pull up the handbrake, rear starts to come around then foot to floor, rears start spinning, car stops sliding forward and starts going into a spin, so i opposite lock it and hit the gas again back comes around...again, then onto the brakes...again...come to a power slide stop about a bees dick width from the embankment.

The chick slowly drives past, window down, shaking her head and laughing at me

it all happend in slow motion, but i think the entire almost fucking my car up experience took about 5 seconds :/

and that was definatly the most lucky escape i've had
had a few where i've just thought "fuck it" and let nature take its course.
Now i'm starting to learn the limits of my car, and more importantly of my driving ability

[Updated on: Sat, 15 November 2003 00:43]

Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: you feel like a dick when... Sun, 16 November 2003 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was that the northbound exit off the M1 cyber., thats a fuck of a corner, but FUN in the dry
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: you feel like a dick when... Sun, 16 November 2003 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sullie wrote on Fri, 14 November 2003 17:33

lol the funniest thing ive ever done is when dropping off me mate at his place, he has a small garden, and i drove over his mum's garden because i didnt see it late at night

hahahaha priceless
waynewatson
Regular

May 2003
Re: you feel like a dick when... Thu, 04 December 2003 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here's how the story should have went:

i will start off dismorning i did something i wouldnt normaly do but i dont know why i did and i feel like the biggest stud...
i was pulling out on to the great western hwy and there were these really hot advertising babes very very good looking. so i stopped the car and rooted them all!

but i feel like a real sex machine for even attempting what i did!
so anyone else had any experances like this??!!?!
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: you feel like a dick when... Thu, 04 December 2003 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok smart arse... i noticed that u used my start but the stud part....
waynewatson
Regular

May 2003
Re: you feel like a dick when... Thu, 04 December 2003 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
at your service.

Your story had a good lead in...
Very Happy
Ronin
Regular

May 2002

Re: you feel like a dick when... Thu, 04 December 2003 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you feel like a dick when...

read signature..
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: you feel like a dick when... Thu, 04 December 2003 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 22 February 2004 14:17]

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: you feel like a dick when... Thu, 04 December 2003 10:25 Go to previous message
Mums Excel.
Late night in the wet.
Decided to take a chicane style corner a little quicker than I normally do (still below speed limit).
Wheel turned... nothing happened... oops. Breaks... Okay, nothing there either. Wheels locked up and I slid into a rail. Just kissed it, but still did about $600 worth of damage (less if I hadda gone to a wreckers to get the parts). My stupid mother made me claim on it and we ended up paying $800 for it and I got one of those mark things on my insurance record.

I felt right stupid. So after that I learned how to pump the breaks and stuff. The breaks in the Excel suck too. At least I think they do.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:skyline - WRX
Next Topic:me, pulsar vector sss and vn commodore
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 18:51:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.15951013565063 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.