Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Who makes 30mm RCAs no neg camber?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Who makes 30mm RCAs no neg camber? Fri, 24 October 2003 04:12 Go to next message
Hello does anyone make up RCAs to fit RA28/AE86 (I understand are the same). I'm after 30mm or so. Whiteline are only 25mm. Japanese motorsport have a set of 30mm but they have a negative camber built into them.

Any ideas ?

Thanks
Joel
  Send a private message to this user    
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who makes 30mm RCAs no neg camber? Fri, 24 October 2003 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is wrong with having negative camber?

I think JMS also make plain 30mm RCAs (not on website) call them up and ask to talk to Chris.

Cheers
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Who makes 30mm RCAs no neg camber? Sat, 25 October 2003 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do you reckon you will notice the 5mm difference?

i think i'll see if i can get some made, have them EDM wire cut and then the holes drilled etc, i need 30mm wheel spacers too, so might as well get the whole lot made at the same time, although 30mm aluminium is incredibly expensive.

can you confirm that they are the same? surely you have enough RA/86 parts lying around to check easily? Very Happy

edit: i think ill go compare numbers in the whiteline catalog

[Updated on: Sat, 25 October 2003 02:36]

TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who makes 30mm RCAs no neg camber? Sat, 25 October 2003 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nothing wrong with neg camber, but I would prefer to dial it in with adjustable strut tops than having the strut hanging over the edge of the steering knuckle/ball joint.

I had a chat to Chris and they only supply neg offset ones. Bummer...

TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who makes 30mm RCAs no neg camber? Sat, 25 October 2003 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah 5mm not much different.. Might just get whiteline ones. But figured if there were some 30mm ones out there that'd be nice as thats more accurately what the car has been lowered. Probably even a bit more 35mm maybe.

AE86 and RA28 appear identical.
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Who makes 30mm RCAs no neg camber? Sat, 25 October 2003 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
out of interest, roughly what are these RCA's worth?

cheers
Phil
2-Skinny
Occasional Poster

October 2002

Re: Who makes 30mm RCAs no neg camber? Sat, 25 October 2003 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try www.technotoytuning.com

Very Happy
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who makes 30mm RCAs no neg camber? Sat, 25 October 2003 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phil, they seem to range around the $200 - $250 mark. An awful lot for something that could be turned out in 30mins with the right equipement.

wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who makes 30mm RCAs no neg camber? Sat, 25 October 2003 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All you need is some aluminum (what grade does anyone know?) and a mill right?

Cheers
Wilbo
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Who makes 30mm RCAs no neg camber? Sat, 25 October 2003 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone have some plans for ra23/28? are they the same as xt132 struts? surely a machine shop could make them up cheap?

Daniel
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who makes 30mm RCAs no neg camber? Sat, 25 October 2003 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah XT struts are also the same.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Who makes 30mm RCAs no neg camber? Sat, 25 October 2003 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What about the RA40 or TA22? Confused
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who makes 30mm RCAs no neg camber? Mon, 27 October 2003 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You might be able to source some 30mm ones from the US, if your can't get someone to make them up.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who makes 30mm RCAs no neg camber? Mon, 27 October 2003 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I found a place that sells them for $70 US, which with the current exchange rate isn't that bad at all.. I've emailed them to see if they mind shipping over.

They also make some nice looking adjustable strut tops for the AE86.
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who makes 30mm RCAs no neg camber? Mon, 27 October 2003 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool, can you post up the site Joel?
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who makes 30mm RCAs no neg camber? Mon, 27 October 2003 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.technotoytuning.com/

RCA would be $99 australian
Camber plates would be $242.. I think at that price I might get a set of them too. As similar products out here are double that price.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Who makes 30mm RCAs no neg camber? Mon, 27 October 2003 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Those RCA's are only for the AE86 Confused
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who makes 30mm RCAs no neg camber? Mon, 27 October 2003 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My understanding.. please correct me if i'm wrong.. Is that most the early toyotas share the same style strut & steering knuckle.

The larger coronas and cressidas are different.. but all the early celicas/corollas are the same. I did have a list of all the models that are the same but cannot find it.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Who makes 30mm RCAs no neg camber? Mon, 27 October 2003 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought they were the same aswell but other people have said they are not Confused
Anyone around here have an AE86 strut or RCA I can test?
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who makes 30mm RCAs no neg camber? Mon, 27 October 2003 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toyota strut with a bolt centre-to-centre of 85mm, this includes;

Celica - TA22/23, RA22/23, RA28, RA40, RA60/65, SA63, MA61

Corolla - KE10/11 (?), KE20/25/26, KE30/35/50/55, KE70/71/72, AE70/71, TA18, TE72, and last but not least AE86.

+ I know the XT130 fits also as I'm using these struts in my car now... But ST141 do not fit.

[Updated on: Mon, 27 October 2003 09:25]

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Who makes 30mm RCAs no neg camber? Mon, 27 October 2003 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interesting, very interesting Rolling Eyes
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Who makes 30mm RCAs no neg camber? Mon, 27 October 2003 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just made up 2 sets of identical offset RCAs. One set fitted perfectly onto my stock AE86 struts. The other set needed some "adjustment" to fit dorikin's TA22/Xt130 strut and steering arm. The bolt holes were in the right places, but the centre hole to clear the ball joint was slightly out of place for his car. PM him for more details, I wasn't there when he fitted them.

Hen
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Who makes 30mm RCAs no neg camber? Mon, 27 October 2003 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whiteline list their RCA's as being for ae86 and ta22. so what joel said is on the money.

however with the xt130 strut - the RCA could be an issue.

as far as the adjustable tower bearings and shit go, nolathane make them for just about everything - you can get them thru bursons - i helped my mate fit a pair to a vn v8 yesterday - the cost of them is $165 vs the KMAC ones which are $390. i know this is for a VN, but, have seen similar on a ta22 before. kmac do make the adjustable tower bearings for the ta22 but last quote i had at $390USD or something silly.

dori's input here would be goodness Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 27 October 2003 20:01]

TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who makes 30mm RCAs no neg camber? Mon, 27 October 2003 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've sent Dorikin an email to ask about it.

If all is ok, i'm going to order a set of RCA's from technotoytuning. Ends up $99 Australian shipped.

Anyone else want a set? I'm going to be ordering at the latest tomorrow so this is just a very quick offer.. If you are interested let me know and you'll have to deposit money in my bank account right away.

They are 35mm RCA.. Shipping is 4 - 9 days.
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Who makes 30mm RCAs no neg camber? Mon, 27 October 2003 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they are 35mm? cool, didnt need to send the dude a second email.

i'll order mine soon also, dunno how our dollar is going to hold up! might wait and see how yours fit in, but id say there should be no fitment probs between the oz pov spec and yank pov spec (or JDM for that matter).

i'd get you to order me some, but the postage from sydney to here would probably be just as much as from the US to here, damn good rates!
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who makes 30mm RCAs no neg camber? Mon, 27 October 2003 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone interested see For Sale section for group buy...
Cal_AE86
Regular

February 2003
Re: Who makes 30mm RCAs no neg camber? Wed, 29 October 2003 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would be in, but I'm not ready yet. I don't know which length RCA's I need. Those coilovers are a good price too. So, coilovers, adjustable tops, RCA's and a strut brace should do the trick.

Cal.
AE86 Levin Melbourne
Regular

May 2002
Re: Who makes 30mm RCAs no neg camber? Sun, 02 November 2003 03:55 Go to previous message
so could anyone please tell me will the whiteline RCA or the one from the US will fit the XT130 struct?
or what works do we need to modify the RCAs?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:would you swap a ae82 gze for a stock s13 and 3g
Next Topic:Custom Fibre in SA
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:24:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056591033935547 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.