Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
One less corona Thu, 02 October 2003 06:18 Go to next message
I was waiting at the lights at the Kooyong Road and High Street intersection, Prahran. I was about 3 cars back from the line in Kooyong Road waiting... Suddenly I catch a glimpse of a red car going along High St quickly, then, bang I hear a crash... I see the red Corona (as it turns out) going much slower than before, mount the footpath and proceed to crash into the corner shop's wall. The rear wheels were still spinning as though the driver was dazed or had her foot caught in the wrong spot.

The lights went green and by that time there were people helping out... She had hit a Ford Explorer head on and the Ford's airbags had all gone off. Both cars were rooted, the Corona way more though.

What I think happened was that the Explorer was waiting to turn right into Kooyong while the Corona woman decided to go straight. When the lights went amber, the Corona sped up to go through and the Explorer started to turn. BANG!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked
  Send a private message to this user    
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: One less corona Thu, 02 October 2003 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ouchies...
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: One less corona Thu, 02 October 2003 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, you don't normally see accidents happen in front of you... I was kind of freaked out by how quick it happened. Confused
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: One less corona Thu, 02 October 2003 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah... I've seen a few happen right infront of me... It's amazing how fast they actually happen... One was a car that got run up the ass, the elderly driver of the first car must've had his foot on the accelerator and punched it and straight into the front room of my mum's hair salon... Lucky that the shop hadn't opened yet as the car nailed one of the waiting seats...
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: One less corona Thu, 02 October 2003 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christ!! Through your mum's shop?! Shocked The car Explorer had taken all the momentum out of the Corona in the initial impact so the car only really grazed the wall... What I thought was wierd with this crash though was the fact that the wheels were still spinning as the front was against the wall. They then stopped and the driver spun them backwards for a split second... I have no idea what she was thinking!!! Confused
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: One less corona Thu, 02 October 2003 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was prolly an auto. Their foot slipped off the brake so the wheels were spinning.

When they put it back into Park, they had to go to Neutral, and then Reverse to get there....
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: One less corona Sun, 12 October 2003 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if the explorer didn't have a green turning light, then he'd have been at fault {in QLD neway}
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: One less corona Sun, 12 October 2003 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was down the coast on a holiday once. My mate and I went to subway for tea and were standing there deciding what to eat when we heard someone hit the skids big time, then BANG!!! We ran outside to see absolute carnage. Turns out it was some american chick on holidays driving a friends car and turned out onto the wrong side of the road into the path of another car Shocked . This is on a main road at maroochydore aswell so i'm guessing it's 70 km road. Well me and my mate dragged both chicks out of cars which were pissing out petrol and everything else. I rang the fire brigade looked after one girl while my mate looked after the other. They bother ended up hyperventilating and passing out Confused , in the end they where both ok, though the american girl had broken arm/wrist. So they got off pretty well i guess. Smile
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: One less corona Sun, 12 October 2003 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did you get their numbers?
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: One less corona Sun, 12 October 2003 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am assuming the Corona sped up to make the lights... If she was speeding or going through a red then I reckon she would be mostly at fault. I know that people turning have to give way to people going straight, but you also cannot speed or run red lights. Complicated.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: One less corona Sun, 12 October 2003 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, and I almost forgot... Draven, you're a dick... "did you get her number" is your answer to everything. Even serious, life threatening car accidents! Twisted Evil
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: One less corona Sun, 12 October 2003 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By the sounds of it, it sounds like the explorer was one of those dicks that park in the middle of the intersection while waiting for a break to be able to turn, and the only chance they get is when the lights go from orange to red, but didn't count on the corona coming through. Smile

Ha ha draven. So it's "not what I can do for you, but what you can do for me" is it? Very Happy
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: One less corona Fri, 24 October 2003 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1 long weekend me and a few mates went down to a mates shack on bruny island if u live in tassie you will know it and i saw my mate roll his vk commadore like 200m in front of me i had to smash the window in and turn off the ignition . Nobody was hurt the car was a write off and if the ceilca wan't there to save the day they would have been fair fucked . But that what u get when u add dark windy country roads with alcohol and a bit off "my car is faster than yours dutch courage"
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: One less corona Thu, 30 October 2003 22:32 Go to previous message
poor corona Sad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:I did the stupidest thing............
Next Topic:1.6 Vs the 1.8
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 09:04:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061781406402588 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.