April 2003
All done, my ae86 Fri, 17 October 2003 03:08 Go to next message
just thought id show you guys the before and after pictures, of my ae86,

this was before

http://forums.melbccr.com/uploads/383074-DCP03548.JPG

and this is after....

http://forums.melbccr.com/uploads/383081-DCP03622.JPG

http://forums.melbccr.com/uploads/383084-DCP03624.JPG

what do you think... should i tint the windows as well or not...

Send a private message to this user    
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: All done, my ae86 Fri, 17 October 2003 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
holy moly... has someone stolen my car?

haha looks sweet, yeah tink for sure!
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: All done, my ae86 Fri, 17 October 2003 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tinted windows make driving so much more pleasureable
lowers incar temps and keeps you from frying your skin Smile
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: All done, my ae86 Fri, 17 October 2003 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool Natez ... the Levin mail slot grill gives it that special touch. And you've removed the aerial as well ... Smile

Personally, I wouldn't tint the windows but that's from a performance point of view - driving at night could be hazardous otherwise ...

[Updated on: Fri, 17 October 2003 04:44]

natez
Regular

April 2003
Re: All done, my ae86 Fri, 17 October 2003 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer i think i might tint the windows, but the door windows, won't be fully dark, more a issue of money and after my engine conversion

yer not sure if anyone would notice that about the aerial...

i'm about to install a in-car aerial, hope it won't be to much of a bitch to install.
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: All done, my ae86 Fri, 17 October 2003 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shouldnt be too hard, ive seen some that clip onto your rear-demister.

didnt notice the aerial, i will get mine deleted too when i paint it, probably plate over the door lock barrels too

tint the windows, its already dark at night so you wont even notice Razz
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: All done, my ae86 Fri, 17 October 2003 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much was the respray? Looks good!
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: All done, my ae86 Fri, 17 October 2003 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tints too dark at night?...
bah u only need to see outta the front window haha
natez
Regular

April 2003
Re: All done, my ae86 Fri, 17 October 2003 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the paint job costed 1200, with rust removed, and some dents fixed up

its 2 pac, PPG paint... color is PURE WHITE, from subaru 96+

looks great on the road, need to get it a little lower, 1 more inch, and also geting the springs made alot stiffer...

also need some stickyer tyres for the fronts..
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: All done, my ae86 Sat, 18 October 2003 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1200? thats a damn good price, especially for 2pac. is that mates' rates?

i'm starting to think about getting mine painted, rather than stuffing around and doing it myself.

what bits did you get painted? i take it you didnt get the engine bay done, did they do the door sills etc??

STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: All done, my ae86 Sat, 18 October 2003 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ooh 1200 thats awesome, looks like a nice job.
yeh what shinybluesteel said,
what prep did u do?
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: All done, my ae86 Sat, 18 October 2003 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*sigh*........ everyone's Sprinters are hitting the road!
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: All done, my ae86 Sat, 18 October 2003 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice work mate!! very schmick... i like your small touches
now u need some dished 15" jap style wheels and sideskirts and a front lip!
then perfection!!

care to share the place that did your paint work?
maybe they can get some business going?

looks like a good job to me! 2 thumbs up!
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: All done, my ae86 Sat, 18 October 2003 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats a pretty good price, want to get some of the rust fixed on mine but considering the small spots around the body I would need quite a few panels resprayed. Might be better off just getting a complete respray done. Hopefully I can find something around that price.
natez
Regular

April 2003
Re: All done, my ae86 Sat, 18 October 2003 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i orignally bought the car on toymods, remember a silver one with 14inch gold rims.. thats the one i bought...

it had rust on the drivers side rear wheel arch, rust below the petrol filler, and rust at the rear on the joint between the two panels under the rear lights, all this was cut out

the engine bay, interoir inner door sills etc etc, are still silver, waiting for myself to go down to the local paint shop and get it mixed up and spray it myself... will do engine bay when i do my conversion and interoir when i get extra time etc etc...

when i bought the car, the front two quater panels were bashed in with someone's foot, also a slight dent in the hood, only a owner could see it kinda dent thats fixed also, reason why i got the car for a cheap cheap price (well for a sprinter of this quality), after paint, its dead straight....

there was some overspray onto the black window moulds and stuff, but i havn't had time to fix some of these yet, but easily cleaned up, and you can see in some places that it was a cheapish spray job, but well damn worth the $1200 bucks...

also i did no prep work, bought the car in exactly how you see it in the first picture, you can kinda see it in the picture a dent on the front quater,

the place i got the work done is at "fantastic plastics" in sunshine, victoria, i can get full address if someone wants it, just PM me, wasn't mates rates normal prices, but i've had a few things done at his place before, like my folks bumpers so he did no me, but no reason to do it cheaper.. also, doing the car white made it cheaper, a color say new ford orange would cost like 2k, cause the paint costs more...

i like the ramble about the car now, cause i falling in love with it... went to great ocean road today, with the stock 4ac, was behind a AE92 stock, but guy was fanging it around, and he couldn't keep up around the corners..

natez
Regular

April 2003
Re: All done, my ae86 Sat, 18 October 2003 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CALIFIO: thats how i was, i needed a front respray, and the rust fixed, he said around 800 bucks.. i asked how much for a full respray in white, he said 1200, so i said go the full respray...

it was in the shop for 5 weeks, but it was worth it in the end
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: All done, my ae86 Sun, 19 October 2003 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(PM sent)

5 weeks? dammit thats a long time, did it take that long for the undercoat to cure etc, or did he just keep putting it off?

i think id like a spray job where they take the rubber bits off, dunno if this would cost much more.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: All done, my ae86 Sun, 19 October 2003 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
of course it does Smile
all adds time to labour
which is why gnerally better jobs cost more
but remember, just coz you pay more doesnt mean it'll be good Razz
natez
Regular

April 2003
Re: All done, my ae86 Sun, 19 October 2003 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
5 weeks was due to one of his painters quit, and they couldn't do 2 respray jobs a week

they striped it first week, and then it sat for 2 weeks, then they got into it and preped it

but like most trady's they are lazy

and as draven said more $$$ doesn't mean a better job...
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: All done, my ae86 Tue, 21 October 2003 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm interested in how the radio will work without an external aerial.

Cheers.
natez
Regular

April 2003
Re: All done, my ae86 Tue, 21 October 2003 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you get a in-car aerial that sticks to the window, cost of $29 from supecheap auto, took me 5 minutes last nite to install, woulda only taken 2 if i knew how to take the roof panels off to feed the wire thou.
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: All done, my ae86 Tue, 21 October 2003 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Youngy wrote on Tue, 21 October 2003 13:11

I'm interested in how the radio will work without an external aerial.

Don't ask me but my reception is fine, even though I don't have an aerial of any short. I guess it improves the reception - I'm in the main city most of the time so reception's not a prob ...

Otherwise you might invest in a JVC head unit cuz the reception must be pretty good if it doesn't need an aerial ... Smile
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: All done, my ae86 Tue, 21 October 2003 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys, I was wondering about that. JVC head units must cause sterility if they get a clear signal without an aerial....... Rolling Eyes
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: All done, my ae86 Tue, 21 October 2003 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Youngy wrote on Tue, 21 October 2003 20:08

Thanks guys, I was wondering about that. JVC head units must cause sterility if they get a clear signal without an aerial....... Rolling Eyes

Yeah, but my thermo-nuclear underwear provides the protection I need ... Cool Laughing
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: All done, my ae86 Wed, 22 October 2003 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dodgy_Haro wrote on Wed, 22 October 2003 00:32

Yeah, but my thermo-nuclear underwear provides the protection I need ... Cool Laughing

WTF dude....... thermo-nuclear underwear????

I told you not to go to that Indian resturant!! Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 22 October 2003 02:44]

peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: All done, my ae86 Wed, 22 October 2003 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmm $29 at supercheap is just a bit better than the 149 i got quoted by cartoys to install one
natez
Regular

April 2003
Re: All done, my ae86 Wed, 22 October 2003 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just make sure you buy the right one thou, cause i bought the wrong one first and had to take it back, and actaully got $13 back cause the first one i bought was more expensive, originally was the one for mobile phones that went outside the car, but you want the one that stays on the inside..

its so easy to install, if you pay someone $149 to install they are going to walk away laughing
CoffeeBoy
Occasional Poster

April 2003
Re: All done, my ae86 Wed, 22 October 2003 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where do I get one of those front grills
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: All done, my ae86 Thu, 23 October 2003 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah for sure, tho they were quoting like 89 just for the part
natez
Regular

April 2003
Re: All done, my ae86 Thu, 23 October 2003 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got it from a guy on toymods....

a guy called SATOSHI has one in adeliade he is willing to sell PM him and he'll sell ya a proper LEvin grill
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: All done, my ae86 Sun, 26 October 2003 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peewee wrote on Wed, 22 October 2003 22:49

just a bit better than the 149 i got quoted by cartoys to install one

can i just say...

if you even walk into cartoys...

you are getting ripped off
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: All done, my ae86 Sun, 26 October 2003 12:54 Go to previous message
so true, but i was lookin around for prices of solex's and they were there, but they don't even carry genuine solex
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:rwd inlet manifold and exhaust manifold
Next Topic:Echo Sportivo
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 15:34:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057299137115479 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.