Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bloody_huge23
Regular

May 2002
icon3.gif  Suggestion Sat, 20 July 2002 23:40 Go to next message
Hey everyone,

I was thinking about cruises that toymods could do and i came up with an idea.

I was thinking that someone maybe me should organise a rally sort of thing...

Everyone chucks in about 30 bucks each to enter the rally.

Everyone get a list of things they have to get and then they drive back to the finish line and someone wins the whole pile of dosh. The more people that enter, the higher the stakes. Sort of like a treasure hunt.

So What does everyone think?

The idea needs a bit of development so suggest things they we could do..

Get back to me.
Thanx,
Adam
  Send a private message to this user    
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon2.gif  Re: Suggestion Sun, 21 July 2002 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We have successfully run a rally/treasure hunt eariler this year. It takes a lot of preparation though, but we are planning on having some more in the future!
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Suggestion Sun, 21 July 2002 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't really want to put my car through the harshness of a rally... I can't afford to break stuff...
bloody_huge23
Regular

May 2002
Re: Suggestion Sun, 21 July 2002 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not a off-road rally a road rally/treasure hunt.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Suggestion Mon, 22 July 2002 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've already done a thing like that... I would maybe do it again but it wasn't that good... Just my 2 cents...
kerr
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Suggestion Mon, 22 July 2002 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ohhhh....
No off road??? Cry
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Suggestion Mon, 22 July 2002 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's often the outcome depends highly on how the event was prepared to start with. I'm sure if you could work through it a bit more and plan WELL in advance, with lots of incentive for people to come to it, like prizes all round, not just one big loot. Say if you had it run over a wide area like a few suburbs or something...

My folks used to run these things in a much earlier day - they'd go through the entire west of Sydney, covering about 20 suburbs in total, and often finish the day somewhere where there was a giant picnic area with a lot of open space for outdoor activities. Our finish area was somewhere around Dural, from what I remember (it was about 15-20 years ago!!). 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes were trophies (nothing major), and there were other rewards for least km's racked up, person that finished last, that kind of thing. They had a rally about once a month, and they were very successful.

Maybe if you give the idea some working over, I might even be able to come down from Ballina to join in on the fun. Smile

Cheers.
bloody_huge23
Regular

May 2002
Re: Suggestion Thu, 25 July 2002 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well if anyone wants to help me make one up they can..

Places to go people to see?? Anybody got idea were we could and what we could do..?

Thanx everyone,
Adam
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Suggestion Thu, 25 July 2002 16:47 Go to previous message
Need to find a 'start' and 'finish' area, preferably away from major routes, like the M4 & M5 and also away from built-up areas as well - which is why I'd go for the Western Suburbs. With a clue-based system, you will need to get everyone to have a current street directory and people with in-car GPS systems can't use them, in order to keep it fair. Make it a race against the clock, but be reasonable with the time limitations, make the 'back streets' an option to arterial roadways as to test everyones creativity on how to beat the clock. Have map references and/or cryptic clues for people to go to and from, finishing in a big picnic area like the place the Weight-Watcher's lunch was at (near Schofields). That's a very large area with good facilities and a decent-sized park for the kids (and the members too, last time I recall they quite enjoyed the flying-fox, especially in groups of five...) Grin

There's a starting point anyway - as I'm not in Sydney, I can't really help plan it out with a degree of practicality, as I would need to be down there to help. Have some trophies for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places (ToyMods-sponsored, of course... Wink), and plenty of goodies and prizes for everyone else who turns up. Plan it closer to the end of the year, so as to give everyone who's interested enough time to get along and 'tell a friend' too. Giving people incentive to come along will make them look forward to going on the rally/cruise. It's supposed to be a fun day out, so make it fun but also challenging too. I chatted to the folks earlier on about this and they said a good day out was about 75 people, so I'd aim for about 40-50 for starters.

Get enough interest going on this idea and it will be a winner. I'll come down to help out on the day if you'd like too.

As for the funding on a rally, you'll have to work out the finer details, but I think $30 a throw is a pretty decent offering - as long as you plan out the day well as to make it worthwhile.

Let us know how you go with this, and talk to whoever you have to about it, ie. Joel (BigWorm) or Simon, whoever organises these things now. I think it should be a pretty good day out for all who come along, but like I said... plan heaps in advance.

Cheers. Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Mega Cruise Report
Next Topic:QLD: Suicide Racing Car Cruise Bris to Gold Coast 27-7-02
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 22:44:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045609474182129 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.