Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Skinnypoo
Occasional Poster

June 2003
icon8.gif  Strange ST-162 Problem Sun, 26 October 2003 22:12 Go to next message
Hi guys

I had a strange thing happen to me this morning I was driving along going prob 90ks when my car sorta jolts then I go to apply some accelerator and the revs just drop right off. so I pull over onto the side of the road and try to go again and the car stalls. turn the car back on all is fine and it ran perfectly all the way to work....

any idea what it could be.....Choke? sparkplugs? air/fuel?

Cheers guys
  Send a private message to this user    
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Strange ST-162 Problem Sun, 26 October 2003 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no idea. Cool
cam_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
haha, funny little head!
Re: Strange ST-162 Problem Sun, 26 October 2003 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My guess would be that it wasn't getting enough fuel for some reason. I would say fuel pump but you have a new one don't you? were you on a hill when it happened? or driving it harder than normal?
Skinnypoo
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: Strange ST-162 Problem Mon, 27 October 2003 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice car cam......... Yeah new fuel pump...... could it be blocked fuel lines or somthing or mabey the guy that put my pump in didnt wire it properly?.....I wasn't on a hill or driving overly hard
TheCaptn
Newcomer

October 2003

Re: Strange ST-162 Problem Mon, 27 October 2003 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had the exact same thing happen with my old VW Beetle. I tracked it down to a dodgy rotor in the distributor. It wasn't passing a charge properly, so sometimes when I tried to put some power down it just wasn't there. Got a new rotor and all was well with the world again.

If you've got a multimeter it's dead simple to check out. Warm the engine up a little first. Cold metal seems to pass a charge better so you want to level that out.
You'll have to find out what the charge is supposed to be yourself though. I dunno if it's the same as the old VW.
Skinnypoo
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: Strange ST-162 Problem Mon, 27 October 2003 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That could be the problem cause a while back i replaced the distributor cap cause all the contacts were rooted so maybe the life of the rotor has come to an end
SCO-77K
Regular

January 2003
Re: Strange ST-162 Problem Mon, 27 October 2003 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a similar problem, but mine was the air sensor wire had been disconnected so the engine wasnt getting air.
Steve M
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Strange ST-162 Problem Mon, 27 October 2003 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't know shit about the ST162s but my brother had the same type of problem with his 18rc when he had a clogged fuel filter.

Had you refilled the car with petrol recently, you might have got a dodgy batch, that happens sometimes and causes similar probs as it clogs the filter.
Skinnypoo
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: Strange ST-162 Problem Mon, 27 October 2003 01:10 Go to previous message
SCO-77K wrote on Mon, 27 October 2003 11:49

I had a similar problem, but mine was the air sensor wire had been disconnected so the engine wasnt getting air.

Where is the sensor wire is it the wires coming out of the AFM cause I have a pod instead of an airbox and it has a bit of movement in it so im wondering if a wire may of got pulled a little too hard when going over a bump or somthing and could be loose.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4age clutches
Next Topic:Petrol guzzler
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 01:22:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051560401916504 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.