Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Miscellaneous » 12" Jaycar Carbon Fibre Sub $100, 15" Jaycar Precision Sub $200

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

12" Jaycar Carbon Fibre Sub $100, 15" Jaycar Precision Sub $200 Mon, 27 October 2003 02:10 Go to next message
I have for sale a couple of subs that are hanging around not doing much.

First is the good old favourite of mine, and many other Jaycar enthusiasts. It's the 4 ohm, 12" carbon fibre "Re-Sponse" driver thats been a big favourite and big performer for many years at Jaycar.

Specs:
Jaycar Website, CS2246

The one i have is brand new, in the box and sitting around waiting for a good home.

Only asking $100!

The second sub i have to offload is the newer, 15" top of the line "Precision Re-sponse" driver. Its HUGE! I've been using it in my celica, but I want to go to a smaller driver now to get back some boot space!
This sub is very similar to the "Double Mag" sub that has been hugely popular and well proven in both dB and sound quality competitions.

Specs:
Jaycar Website, CS2350

Personally i think that this baby is able to handle way more than the rated 300Wrms!! Its just contructed too well to be that mediocre.

I would like $200 for this puppy, but i'm open to reasonable offers.

Located in Sydney.
  Send a private message to this user    
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: 12" Jaycar Carbon Fibre Sub $100, 15" Jaycar Precision Sub $200 Mon, 27 October 2003 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha... you gotta attach a pic of the Precision in your Celica man... that was HUGE!
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: 12" Jaycar Carbon Fibre Sub $100, 15" Jaycar Precision Sub $200 Mon, 27 October 2003 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For the CS2246... The one Karl has is the "Sample" and we know how much better "Samples" are than normal stock and this one has a fully sick chrome basket... It'll go with your chromies and is 100% Halal!

12inch Carbon Fibre Cone Woofer 4 Ohm - Response

This excellent 12 inch woofer has a huge 1.412 kilogram magnet and a Kapton voice coil former for high power handling. It also features a woven carbon fibre cone and a rubber surround. This driver has terrific car audio engineering capabilities.

Specifications:- Nom impedance 4ohms
- Power handling 200 watts rms
- Frequency range 22Hz
- 3500Hz- Sensitivity 93dB 1watt 1metre
- Voice Coil Resistance (Re) 3.5ohms
- Resonant frequency (fs) 21.6Hz
- Mechanical Q factor (Qms) 12.29
- Electrical Q factor (Qes) 0.294
- Total Q factor (Qts) 0.288
- Equivalent Volume (Vas) 220Lt
- Cone Area (square metre) 0.0494
- Xmax 6.00mm

-------------------------------------------------- --
For the CS2350

It can handle 300WRMS... Need I say more!

We probably don't need to launch into a tirade of words to describe the bass capabilities of a high power 15" subwoofer except, perhaps, to state the obvious - this subwoofer is a BEAST! Rated at 300watts RMS, this massive driver is capable of moving incredible volumes of air and boasts a resonance frequency of around 24Hz. An aluminium cast frame supports a graphite coated non-pressed paper cone and butyl rubber edge surround. A BASV voice coil former and dynamic spider construction are also featured. The base of the double magnets is chrome plated and features a vented pole piece to allow cooling of the voice coil. Amplifier input is accepted by heavy duty gold plated binding posts. As the recommended enclosure dimensions show, this driver does not require a massive enclosure for high performance, making it equally suited to home cinema and car hi-fi installation.

SPECIFICATIONS
Nominal impedance: 4 Ohms
Power rating: 300W RMS
Sensitivity at 1W@1m: 92.0 SPL
Voice coil resistance (Re): 3.499 Ohms
Resonant frequency (Fs): 24.38Hz
Mechanical Q factor (Qms): 2.056
Electrical Q factor (Qes): 0.344
Total Q factor (Qts): 0.295
Equivalent volume (Vas): 187.9Lt
Voice Coil Diameter: 75mm
X max: 11.5mm
Magnet Diameter: 180mm x2
Magnet Height: 20mm x2

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 12" Jaycar Carbon Fibre Sub $100, 15" Jaycar Precision Sub $200 Mon, 27 October 2003 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, both of these drivers are guaranteed Halal Very Happy

P.S. No offense to anyone Islamic, its just a joke Smile
cam_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
haha, funny little head!
Re: 12" Jaycar Carbon Fibre Sub $100, 15" Jaycar Precision Sub $200 Mon, 27 October 2003 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I currently have a 150wrms Amp running a jaycar 15" venom sub. how would the precision sub go in a 50 - 55 litre sealed box with the 150wrms amp? i'd prefer not to get a new amp if possible!
[AE86]
Regular

October 2003
Re: 12" Jaycar Carbon Fibre Sub $100, 15" Jaycar Precision Sub $200 Mon, 27 October 2003 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could u send me pics of the 12" in box pls? I'm interested..

Thanks!

BEEJ
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 12" Jaycar Carbon Fibre Sub $100, 15" Jaycar Precision Sub $200 Tue, 28 October 2003 03:33 Go to previous message
dude - i gave you the link from the jaycar website.. looks same as that.

You can believe me that its brand new, and when i say in box i mean in the box that it is packaged in. You have to make a box yourself.

The 15" precision would go nicely in that same box as the venom - but i would upgrade your amp in the future.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Personalised Plates ONE8T
Next Topic:AE101 GZE radiator
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 02:17:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050771236419678 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.