Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Tricks and traps 4AGZE into TA22 Mon, 27 October 2003 04:30 Go to next message
I'm about to start a conversion on my TA22; installing a 4AGZE. Can anyone give me some information on tricks and traps that I can look forward too, or at least what work/mods needs to be done to get it fitted.
Thanx
  Send a private message to this user    
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Tricks and traps 4AGZE into TA22 Mon, 27 October 2003 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Read the article on the main page regarding a 4A-GE into a ta22, should give you a basic idea of what to expect.

Cheers
Wilbo
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Tricks and traps 4AGZE into TA22 Mon, 27 October 2003 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try and fine moooo4agze - he's done this.
also do a search this was only asked a couple of weeks back - in here in the tech section.
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Tricks and traps 4AGZE into TA22 Mon, 27 October 2003 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was asked by ME!!!!!!!!! Razz
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: Tricks and traps 4AGZE into TA22 Tue, 28 October 2003 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I'd had a look at that but it did seem to lack some finer details, still was a good read. I'll do a search back on Boris' previously posted question.

thanks all
ps. Is it worth converting or is there better choice in engine?
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Tricks and traps 4AGZE into TA22 Wed, 29 October 2003 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes it was boris asking.

its alot of work, but, its rewarded by hearing it start for the first time in almost 2 years (last thursday)

would i do it again, knowing what i know now HELL YEAH but start doing your homework. and when you think you've done it, you haven't go back and do more.

cover EVERY SINGLE ancilliry that bolts to the engine, thats right, starter motors, flywheels, bolts, spigot bushes, alternators brackets to hold alternators gearbox ribs, inlet manifolds, inlet manifold strengthening braces, engine mounts water pumps, outlets pulleys, diameters multi rib belts to drive it all, thermostats, rear head water outlets gearbox crossmembers oil coolers, remote oil filters, tailshafts, diffs, brakes master cylinders boosters, clutch lines, clutch masters and slaves ignition, fuelling, computers, ignitors.

and i've STILL forgotten stuff. its AWESOME fun its a HEAP of work but believe me its worth it.

re: other engine, less work would be a 2TG in a TA22 or even a 3TGTEU but engine mount work is required there with a W50 box and an auto? TA22 tailshaft.

all good though Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 29 October 2003 02:18]

moo4AGZETA22
Regular

April 2003
Re: Tricks and traps 4AGZE into TA22 Wed, 29 October 2003 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
Greg it's great to hear your car is running Smile !
IF you have any more questions about how to do the swap, then just PM me Azrael.
Mine is painfully close to firing up, but I still have some of the little things to sort out. I've spoken to a few auto sparkies who said they would "give it a go", but would not give me quotes Mad. The joys of living in Tassie....
I think it is a worthwhile conversion, and hopefully be a fun car to drive.
If you were going to do the conversion, I would suggest that you by a Supra g'box and the Dellow(?) bell housing, with a 4AGZE flywheel/clutch combination. No worries about things going snap.

Cheers,
Justin Rolling Eyes
moo4AGZETA22
Regular

April 2003
Re: Tricks and traps 4AGZE into TA22 Wed, 29 October 2003 04:54 Go to previous message
Hi,
Greg it's great to hear your car is running Smile !
IF you have any more questions about how to do the swap, then just PM me Azrael.
Mine is painfully close to firing up, but I still have some of the little things to sort out. I've spoken to a few auto sparkies who said they would "give it a go", but would not give me quotes Mad. The joys of living in Tassie....
I think it is a worthwhile conversion, and hopefully be a fun car to drive.
If you were going to do the conversion, I would suggest that you by a Supra g'box and the Dellow(?) bell housing, with a 4AGZE flywheel/clutch combination. No worries about things going snap.

Cheers,
Justin Rolling Eyes
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:aftermarket tacho onto GZE
Next Topic:Tuning Carbies??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 11:51:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051891803741455 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.