Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » helllp sc14 installed, idle probs..

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
[S.T.A.R.S]
Regular

March 2003
helllp sc14 installed, idle probs.. Sun, 26 October 2003 14:10 Go to next message
i recently installed an sc14 into my ae82 with a ae92 map gze.

the motor will not idle below 1500 and will go up around 2200, i havnt changed anything (still using the ae92 gtz tps throttle body etc)

the only thing i can think of is the abv line going into the cooler piping which now has a longer curved hose to accept the sc14 which sits further back.. this hose is slightly crushed when the charger isnt on due to suction i guess.

any suggestions???
  Send a private message to this user    
LBack
Newcomer

September 2003
Re: helllp sc14 installed, idle probs.. Mon, 27 October 2003 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no help here but would really want to see your setup. any pics? thanks and goodluck with your project.
Twinky
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: helllp sc14 installed, idle probs.. Mon, 27 October 2003 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have heard if the pulley is always engaged and the sc is boosting(even at idle), they wont idle. So might be an idea to check that.

[Updated on: Mon, 27 October 2003 05:46]

kmwdesign777
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: helllp sc14 installed, idle probs.. Mon, 27 October 2003 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check for air leaks in the inlet manifolds etc., ... I had a similar problem when I put a sc14 on a 4K and it wouldn't idle below 2000 to 3000rpm.... found a few leaks with a tube in stuck in one ear and move the other end all over the manifolds and joints/connections.
regards kevin
onejayzed
Regular

September 2003
Re: helllp sc14 installed, idle probs.. Tue, 28 October 2003 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know i harp on it, but dbl check those 3 pipes coming from the s/c to the inlet manifold. they must be connected properly otherwise the engine will suck the oil out of the charger and be struggling for breath at low rpm.
also check it isn't boosting at idle or it will be leaning out and stalling. make sure the electric clutch on the pulley is disengaging it at idle.
[S.T.A.R.S]
Regular

March 2003
Re: helllp sc14 installed, idle probs.. Tue, 28 October 2003 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the sc14 was setup for a sprinter. I had to bash the chassis rail slightly so the pulley wouldnt scrape at the bottom of the rail, sounds a bit dodge but i dont reckon what ive done hasnt weakened it by much at all..

ok ill check those 3 hoses thanks,

how can i check to see if it isnt boosting at idle??

the supercharger light doesnt come on till i give it some throttle but the clutch looks to be spinning a little on the end of the pulley.

also ive noticed that when driving it, the charger seems to die liek doesnt pull after around 5000rpm in first and second, where as the sc12 i had pulled all the way to at least 6000 or even 6500...

and finally i took it for a drive just then and when i floored it in second, the car sort of went up to 3000 then hesitated for a sec, like jerked suddenly :\
im hoping that didnt damage my engine dunno what it was but it happened once before when i drove it after putting the charger on.

[Updated on: Tue, 28 October 2003 11:38]

onejayzed
Regular

September 2003
Re: helllp sc14 installed, idle probs.. Tue, 28 October 2003 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is getting tricky for me. to make an accurate diagnostic i really need u to post a pic or email one to siceaar@plunketthomes.com.au
as for the 5000rpm prob, i have NFI without looking at it sorry.
[S.T.A.R.S]
Regular

March 2003
Re: helllp sc14 installed, idle probs.. Wed, 29 October 2003 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha no probs thanks, i think it is a leak somewhere caus i can hear a whistle leaking somewhere..

the motor seems to be ok again now and pulls up to 6500 so i am enjoying it Smile
Toycrash
Regular

June 2004
Re: helllp sc14 installed, idle probs.. Sat, 19 March 2005 15:54 Go to previous message
kmwdesign777 wrote on Mon, 27 October 2003 22:33

Check for air leaks in the inlet manifolds etc., ... I had a similar problem when I put a sc14 on a 4K and it wouldn't idle below 2000 to 3000rpm.... found a few leaks with a tube in stuck in one ear and move the other end all over the manifolds and joints/connections.
regards kevin

Did a little search and found this...

How is it exactly done and has it have to be done with AVCV?

And don't tell me to check pipes cause 2T-G hasn't got em ;D

ps. found this, but it didn't help at all.. http://www.mr2sc.com/websites/tech/air_control_val ve.htm
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AGZE Auto?
Next Topic:Engine Bearing longevity on stuffed crank? (ST165 related)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 17:40:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004849910736084 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.