Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
TA22 => 4AGZE Conversion Help Fri, 10 October 2003 01:10 Go to next message
Ok, i'm looking at putting a 4AGZE into my TA22, i have little mechanical knowledge and am looking for a person / persons to help me along the way... it's all in the development stages but perhaps several beers/bbqs and even some slave labour like money for help in performing a conversion???

Cheers all
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TA22 => 4AGZE Conversion Help Fri, 10 October 2003 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm prepared to drink beer and watch you get dirty and skin your knuckles. Laughing What part of Brisbane are you in?
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: TA22 => 4AGZE Conversion Help Fri, 10 October 2003 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha, im in albany creek..... say 10 minutes from asply maccas?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: TA22 => 4AGZE Conversion Help Fri, 10 October 2003 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate i'm keen on helping as I would like first hand experiance to do this same conversion myself sometime! I will hopefully have my licence back next month so I can get around! I have an engine crane to boot as well Very Happy
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: TA22 => 4AGZE Conversion Help Fri, 10 October 2003 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awesome, would it take weeks, months, years Shocked Shocked Shocked to complete? Any idea to how complex this is to do? I mean there has to be harder conversions than this... Rolling Eyes
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: TA22 => 4AGZE Conversion Help Fri, 10 October 2003 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Defiantly months! Unless you have all the mounts, wiring loom, cooling system, fuel system and everything else all sorted before you pull your current engine out Shocked
Do a few searches on this forum and have a look in the articles section, you should be able to get some useful info!
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: TA22 => 4AGZE Conversion Help Fri, 10 October 2003 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh and yes there is a harder conversion! Its the 3S-GTE which I am doing Confused
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: TA22 => 4AGZE Conversion Help Fri, 10 October 2003 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If i can compile a list of all the necessary parts and get an estimated cost than i can start buying everything... that way when it comes to the crunch hopefully I can get it down to weeks not months.
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: TA22 => 4AGZE Conversion Help Fri, 10 October 2003 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh... being a student does not help at all Crying or Very Sad
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TA22 => 4AGZE Conversion Help Fri, 10 October 2003 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boris wrote on Fri, 10 October 2003 11:12

Bah, that's miles away... I'm south side.
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: TA22 => 4AGZE Conversion Help Fri, 10 October 2003 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolling Eyes
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: TA22 => 4AGZE Conversion Help Fri, 10 October 2003 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Fri, 10 October 2003 11:40

boris wrote on Fri, 10 October 2003 11:12

Bah, that's miles away... I'm south side.

i'm more south Sad
stupid beenleigh
i wanna live around carindale again *chucks a sooky la la*
boudan
Regular

June 2003
Re: TA22 => 4AGZE Conversion Help Fri, 10 October 2003 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Albany Creek as well <-

More than glad to lend a hand or spanner, Im no genius but I can add up... and 4 hands are better than 2 Smile
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: TA22 => 4AGZE Conversion Help Sat, 11 October 2003 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Boudan what car do you drive i may have seen you round?
boudan
Regular

June 2003
Re: TA22 => 4AGZE Conversion Help Sat, 11 October 2003 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No doubt you've probably seen me in a Holden Combo van, <- work vechicle no signage though..

My weekend pride and joy is an old Ma61... Its white with stock rims... (no rear wing and slightly raised bonnet )
Just putting the finishing touches on the interior Smile
boudan
Regular

June 2003
Re: TA22 => 4AGZE Conversion Help Sat, 11 October 2003 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

by the way - i know of one other very nice green ta22 in albany creek, and i suspect that your red one lives down on Kingfisher... if not there one down there..

1 other red ra40... noting really worth a mention in albany creek from the toyota boys except one 2000gt MKIV..schweet..
Oh and the odd 2 or 3 '4paw' celicas
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: TA22 => 4AGZE Conversion Help Sat, 11 October 2003 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the green one is owned by a guy i knows brother, i've seen it out on thursday nights and it seems to be very smchick although i havn't seen it up close.... i'm not too sure what sort of an engine its running or anything else though.... Nah mines not down kingfisher i live on gilford crescent which is not that far from all saints primary school.
justinharwoodran
Regular

May 2002
Re: TA22 => 4AGZE Conversion Help Sat, 11 October 2003 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I live at Burpengary, I'm no mechanic but I would love to follow your progress and possibly lend a hand on the odd Sunday after noon. My 1973 TA22 Celica desperately needs some sort of get up and go in the engine department and I need to learn a few tricks before I start. Like you I can't really afford to just drop it off at some performance workshop and pick it up 15 grand later with 200kw. I’d like to, but it’s not going to happen.
A mate at work had the 20V 4AGE in an early model Corolla, it had a custom turbo hanging off it and from what he tells me, it was the ducks guts.
As for an engine conversion, how hard could it be? Shaun at Queensland Dyno and Performance (Caboulture) does the compliance plate work. He's a nice bloke and could certainly help you out in terms of the legal side of things to make rego happen. I believe one of the boys at Jap Imports Virgina has completed some sort of late model conversion into a TA22. It may be worth chatting to him for some more contacts. I’m sure there is free help out there. I was speaking to a young fella at the recent 2003 Jamboree at Willowbank. He had an SR20 Turbo shoved in the old TA22. Bloody rough but she was in there and running hard. Tim Frost managed to jam in a sick 13b turbo at great expence and other Toymods boys have done some sick stuff. I’ve seen everything from the Supra donk to a Rover V8 jammed between the strut towers of the good old TA22. Let me know how you go, there’s hope for us yet in sunny Queensland.

Justin

12 year restoration and still not finished.

http://www.bn.quik.com.au/harwoodj/Celica_pics.htm l
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: TA22 => 4AGZE Conversion Help Sat, 11 October 2003 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Justin, If your ever around this area(Boondall) you should drop in so I can check out your car close up Very Happy
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: TA22 => 4AGZE Conversion Help Sun, 12 October 2003 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justin i had a look at your site... that's a very nice car you've got there, shame you don't get to drive it around too much though.
justinharwoodran
Regular

May 2002
Re: TA22 => 4AGZE Conversion Help Mon, 13 October 2003 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks mate, I've been to that many car shows over the past ten years and I'm dam confident I could line mine up against the Tim Frosts and Yogi green machines of this world in terms of looks and quality of workmanship! I just need that bloody donk to add the icing to the cake. It will happen only time and money are standing in my way. Hoping to end the year with QLD rego, new blue SAAS seats, MOMO wheel and a pair of the new blue SAAS 3 inch race belts. Like they say, if you can’t have power, stick to wank factor and looks!

JH
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: TA22 => 4AGZE Conversion Help Thu, 16 October 2003 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justin~

love the work u have done with boot! with everything carpeted and what knot!

does the floor pannel come out or something so you can get the spare out or what?
Troy
Occasional Poster

January 2003
Racer-X
Re: TA22 => 4AGZE Conversion Help Mon, 27 October 2003 12:40 Go to previous message
Justin: i too saw that celica with the sr in it at jambo, he ran a 12.01, but said it does high 11's, it certainly went hard. BTW, nice job with your car, i've had a look at your site a few times, you have done well.

-Troy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Any-one wanna go Go-Karting... Bris Area...?
Next Topic:Broadwater car park cop raid
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:36:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056378841400146 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.