Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Howd "these" look on an ma61??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon4.gif  Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Mon, 27 October 2003 13:01 Go to next message

Howd these look?[ 29 vote(s) ]
1.if its all there is, sure, but i dont like em 2 / 7%
2.meh, ok i s'pose, but those caps look crap 13 / 45%
3.Awesome, and i lurve the ~2" dish 10 / 34%
4.shithouse, dude, your tatse sucks 4 / 14%

purchased

17"x7" (or 8" i cant remember)

perfect offset, but 5 stud, so a hub upgrade is mandatory, and with it finally comes the big brake kit!

http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Photos/N13335700.jpg

http://www4.tpg.com.au/users/loats/toymods/ford3.JPG

cheers
ed

[Updated on: Fri, 31 October 2003 02:08]

Send a private message to this user    
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Mon, 27 October 2003 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they look pretty good. Would like to see a photoshopped picture of some on an ma61. The centre should be bigger tho
Cressida Supra
Regular

September 2002

Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Mon, 27 October 2003 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think you've found a winner ed

http://oz-enet.com.au/~peewee/eds_mags.jpg
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Mon, 27 October 2003 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow, that does look good doesnt it!

i really have to convince the guy NOT to sell them with the car now Nod

ed
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Mon, 27 October 2003 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://oz-enet.com.au/~peewee/eds_mags.jpg
There is no option for:

"My eyes!!!!The goggles do nothing!!"

WTF is up with that kit?
Cressida Supra
Regular

September 2002

Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Mon, 27 October 2003 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dunno
but it was the best side-on photo of a supra i could find
but was obviously not the best supra
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Mon, 27 October 2003 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Back in the 80's. Thankfully, the wheels don't look too bad, the caps need to go though.
cambelt
Regular

June 2003
Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Mon, 27 October 2003 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a set nealy identicle to that on my red ma61 but they didnt have centres like those , that type of wheel suits the blockyness of the ma61, well thats what ithink anyway
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Mon, 27 October 2003 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dave, ignore the damn kit, and look at the wheels ONLY!!

you really dont like em that much?

imagine the 205's + wilwood under there Nod

cheers
ed
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Mon, 27 October 2003 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www4.tpg.com.au/users/loats/toymods/ford4.JPG
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Mon, 27 October 2003 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not bad... not bad at all. They need to be at least 8" though; 7" is for pussies. Smile
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Mon, 27 October 2003 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we may have a goer ed.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Mon, 27 October 2003 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They look pretty good, but to get the correct rolling diameter, you need 235/45x17 tyres, and these need to go on 8" or 8.5" rims. The smallest legally allowed are 7.5" for those tyres.

Don't forget the 94 load rating as well

Cheers

Michael B

PS, If need be, I have a summary of what the correct rolling wheel diameter info (and rim sizes required), but can't attach it Sad Anyone know how ?
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Mon, 27 October 2003 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Tue, 28 October 2003 09:33

They look pretty good, but to get the correct rolling diameter, you need 235/45x17 tyres, and these need to go on 8" or 8.5" rims. The smallest legally allowed are 7.5" for those tyres.

Is that serious?.. ive got 235/45/zr17's on my 17x7's .. dunlop fm901's
So thats illegal?

[Updated on: Mon, 27 October 2003 23:09]

bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Mon, 27 October 2003 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In accordance with the "Universal Tyre Fitment Guide", the "Approved Rim Codes for use on Passenger Vehicles" states taht the 235/45x17 recommended rim width is 8.0" and 8.5", and the permitted rim widths are 7.5" to 9.0"

This book is the industry standard for all tyre fitters etc., so technically speaking, the place that fitted them should not have, and yes, technically they are illegal Sad

Cheers

Michael B
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Mon, 27 October 2003 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Tue, 28 October 2003 10:07

In accordance with the "Universal Tyre Fitment Guide", the "Approved Rim Codes for use on Passenger Vehicles" states taht the 235/45x17 recommended rim width is 8.0" and 8.5", and the permitted rim widths are 7.5" to 9.0"

This book is the industry standard for all tyre fitters etc., so technically speaking, the place that fitted them should not have, and yes, technically they are illegal Sad

Cheers

Michael B

Ahh well.. the widest u could get mine in was 7".. silly offset on my soarer..
doesent matter me though.. they ride ohhh so nicely Smile..
i doubt cops will notice since theres no mentioning how wide they are on the rim itself
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Mon, 27 October 2003 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh and sorry.. didnt mean to thread jack
I reckon those 17's would look great on an ma61... mainly cause its
rare as to see an ma61 with any sort of decent rims
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Mon, 27 October 2003 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hardly think most tyre places even blink when asked to put tyre X on rim Y of car Z

all they see is the $$ - and im happy to oblige Very Happy

that said - the guy selling tehse bloody wheels is actually now selling the car theyre on! i have to try and talk him out of letting the wheels go with it... sell them separately man!! good god!

and why is it most comments here are positive, yet the poll says 'meh' ??

cheers
ed
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Mon, 27 October 2003 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cant u get some like +25 offset rims and just space them out to it?
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Mon, 27 October 2003 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spacers?

**eeuuugghhhhhhh**
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Tue, 28 October 2003 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My rims are +25 offset and my cars offset is +20.. they sit pretty far out though
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Tue, 28 October 2003 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Tue, 28 October 2003 07:07

Cheers

Michael B

It funny you say that, you should see how many people with 265's on the factory 7" rims I know of Smile
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Tue, 28 October 2003 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed,

I sympathise with the mag problem, I am going through the same process. One set I have spied are CSA Gladiator made in a 16x8" and to fit 225/60x16 tyres, but the pesky 94 load rating rears its ugly head. I'll try and see what approval I can get from the engineer.

My other choice (and this means I can avoid the 5 stud conversion) is to fit 16x7" Performance Superlites - cost $240 each

In the meantime, I'll keep trolling

But here are some others that will work on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;item=2439747506

Cheers

Michael B
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Tue, 28 October 2003 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was soo cut when i heard ma61's being+8 offset... since its like the brother car to my soarer(floor pan and all)... when i found out mine was +20 i was overjoyed..so i got the rims i wanted but they are only 7 inch cause its more of a fwd offset Sad
there should be plenty to fit ma61 in japan?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Tue, 28 October 2003 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only reason your car is a +20 and not a +8 as well is because your rims were only 6" wide. Mk2's (not in Australia though) came with your 15x6" factory rims as well in a +20mm offset.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Tue, 28 October 2003 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Way to go! good air flow for brakes, not to ugly and no SVO stamps Very Happy

Allan
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Tue, 28 October 2003 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Tue, 28 October 2003 11:51

I
there should be plenty to fit ma61 in japan?

nope Sad
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Tue, 28 October 2003 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well cool, they do look the goods!

265's on stock rims? *raises hand* Evil or Very Mad
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Tue, 28 October 2003 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Holy crap! The stock 225's bulge out a bit much for my liking, but 265's must look silly! Razz
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Tue, 28 October 2003 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
People have mentioned 265's on the stock rims. 265 what ????? Confused

What is the profile, as it has a HUGE impact on the recommended and permitted rim widths.

I am presuming thet they are 265/50x14 ? What brand and pattern ?

Curious

Michael B
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Tue, 28 October 2003 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha they give you the dished look Shocked

Tops for traction though Smile

Yokohama Radial 352 265/50/14 anywhere up to $260 a tyre Shocked

Running 245/50/14 on the front, same tyre
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Tue, 28 October 2003 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the info BlackSupra,

Funnily enough, the Tyre Fitment guide does not have this size mentioned ????

Still expensive as well !! Shocked Any pics of what they look like ? I'd be comfartable with the 245's, but 265's are stretching the friendship a little though IMHO.

Ooroo
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Tue, 28 October 2003 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I bought them on the car and yes there is a little bit of sidewall roll, but it makes the shagged suspension seem better than it is.

Went to find a digi cam but it was not home
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Tue, 28 October 2003 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how wide are the stock ma61 rims?
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Tue, 28 October 2003 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7"
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Wed, 29 October 2003 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ARGH!! they look really good!!

http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Photos/N13335700.jpg

pity hes trying to sell the freakin car!! hope it doesnt sell and i can grab the wheels! HELP!

cheers
ed
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Wed, 29 October 2003 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now i see that pic Ed, me likey very much!!!

source some shit stockies and hubacps for him and tell him t sell the mags to u!!
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Wed, 29 October 2003 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, you wanted dish rob!! Nod

i just emailed him trying to be coersive, but im not holding my breath. he wants $14500 for the whole car, and its in tamworth, so i dont know what his chances are of selling it at the desired price. he said if he doesnt get what hes asking, hell separate the wheels for me Smile

or, if it doesnt sell at all in the next 2 weeks, i can also have the wheels. infact, he said if he didnt advertise it with a photo (and thus have ppl expecting them when they come and look at the car) he wouldve sold them to me Sad

ed
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Wed, 29 October 2003 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehe...

quote "ive got some stockies to put back on there, the add only runs 4 three weeks so if i havnt sold the car by then theyre yours or if someone trys to talk me down, which im pretty sure they will theyre yours, sounds like you would get someenjoyment out of them so id love to sell them to ya.ill keep u informed whats happening"

woowoooo!!!!!!!!!!!
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Wed, 29 October 2003 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice work, they will look very nicu. Evil or Very Mad
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Wed, 29 October 2003 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is just a stupid question.. but couldnt u grind away at the back of any rim to lessen the offset?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Wed, 29 October 2003 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To lessen the offset you'd need to increase the amount of material on the back of the rim. Normal spacers aren't legal and proper hub extenders are more expensive.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Wed, 29 October 2003 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i read how offset works but i didnt really get the gist.. all i know is my offset is 20 which has +25 rims on it
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Wed, 29 October 2003 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Think about it this way.

Looking at the rim side on (ie. across the 7"), draw an imaginary line down the rim. Now draw another parallel line at the mounting face of the rim going around. The offset is the distance between the two lines. Understand?
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Wed, 29 October 2003 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so then how does negative offset work?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Wed, 29 October 2003 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The mounting face on a negative offset wheel is to the "left" of the centreline (assuming you're looking left to right).
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Wed, 29 October 2003 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just think big positive offset rims, like most nowadays, are basically flat faced, ie. the spokes are even with the sidewall of the tyre,
so lower the offset the further in u go, ie. 'deepdish', rims the lower the number gets.
once you go further in than halfway it becomes a negative number.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Wed, 29 October 2003 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The problem with thinking of it that way is they aren't dished if they have offset, they just have more material on the back.

These ones are close to +6mm offset, and they look exactly the same as the +40mm ones.

http://www.mullins.com.au/img/mag_force2.jpg
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Wed, 29 October 2003 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm true true
well a quick diagram and it should appear simple...
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/offset.htm
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Wed, 29 October 2003 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, thats a perfect picture to describe, I was just too lazy to go find one Razz
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Wed, 29 October 2003 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha please no need to praise me, i do what i can Laughing Laughing Very Happy
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Wed, 29 October 2003 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
considering the price an AU falcon go's for he has no hope of that price on the car! an AU sedan can go for as little as $11,000

Allan
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Thu, 30 October 2003 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the explanation guys.. i prety much get it now Smile
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Thu, 30 October 2003 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I want to run a similar poll on the wheels I want to put on mine, but can't find a way of attaching pics Sad

How is this done. I can do it in parts for sale, but not in this section ?

HELP !!!!! Very Happy
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Thu, 30 October 2003 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u could be a bastard and just make a mock thread in the for sale seciton and link to it in here lol
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Thu, 30 October 2003 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh u can only insert attachments in the f/s section otherwise get em hosted..
i can do it if u want, swing the pics over and ill put em up when u post a thread.
christopha@optusnet.com.au
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Fri, 31 October 2003 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
am proud new owner of above wheels Very Happy
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Fri, 31 October 2003 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well done. Now time to source them MS123 rear hubs.....

Or have you got them already ? If so, what price ?

Cheers

MB
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Fri, 31 October 2003 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
entire rear end assembly, $60 per side

no discs tho - so have to go shopping again.
i also need a ma61/ra65 rear assembly so i can rig this stuff up 'off' the car...

anyone?

ed
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Howd "these" look on an ma61?? Fri, 31 October 2003 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
I know where there's one... you don't mind driving to the Gold Coast do you? Razz
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:PROPOSED GT4 CAR LIST!!
Next Topic:1JZ into Sigma
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:39:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010648012161255 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.