Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
tomee
Regular

June 2002
need 7M-GE info Fri, 19 July 2002 13:56 Go to next message
hey guys
i need some info on the MKIII supra 7M-GE motors
any useful links anyone has on these engines?
id like to know what can be donw performance wise on those engines?
can it be turbo charged later on? etc etc..

anyone help?
thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
tomee
Regular

June 2002
Re: need 7M-GE info Sat, 20 July 2002 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its a toyota forum and no body knows??? Shocked Razz Wink
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: need 7M-GE info Sat, 20 July 2002 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do a search on 7M, short yes you can do a NA->T conversion

Allan
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: need 7M-GE info Mon, 22 July 2002 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why turbo a 7M-GE? Toyota sold this engine with a turbo already on it... it's called the 7M-GTE.

Then they replaced it with the 1JZ-GTE, but that's a whole other can of worms. Smile
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: need 7M-GE info Tue, 23 July 2002 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah and thay replaced the Mk II with the MkIII aswell

Razz

Allan
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: need 7M-GE info Tue, 23 July 2002 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, but they replaced the Mk1 with the Mk2 as well Smile
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: need 7M-GE info Tue, 23 July 2002 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know and i like all the supras, just really annoys me that people just say plonk a 1jz-gte in thats all fine if your after a big project or have lots of money to get someone to butcher it in (thats how a lot of workshops do it!) and in the case of an MZ12 the wireing in the car is amaseing the loom is HUGE i would hate to start choping into that, also if its a TV model imagine trying to get all the engine diags to happen on the screen! arrrrrgg!!!
Z1Soarer
Occasional Poster

July 2002

Re: need 7M-GE info Tue, 23 July 2002 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Tue, 23 July 2002 3:27 PM

i know and i like all the supras, just really annoys me that people just say plonk a 1jz-gte in thats all fine if your after a big project or have lots of money to get someone to butcher it in (thats how a lot of workshops do it!) and in the case of an MZ12 the wireing in the car is amaseing the loom is HUGE i would hate to start choping into that, also if its a TV model imagine trying to get all the engine diags to happen on the screen! arrrrrgg!!!

Damn straight, dont even start me on the wiring!
tomee
Regular

June 2002
Re: need 7M-GE info Tue, 23 July 2002 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=Allan wrote on Tue, 23 July 2002 3:27 PM]i know and i like all the supras, just really annoys me that people just say plonk a 1jz-gte in thats all fine if your after a big project or have lots of money to get someone to butcher it in (thats how a lot of workshops do it!)quote]

yeah thats why i gave up on this thread Rolling Eyes
RiGo
Regular

July 2002
Re: need 7M-GE info Wed, 24 July 2002 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tomee wrote on Tue, 23 July 2002 10:35 PM

yeah thats why i gave up on this thread Rolling Eyes

Dude...

Seeing no one is giving you much help, allow me,

http://www.supras.nl
http://www.supras.com/sogi/generations/m3_1.htm
http://www.supras.com/~riemer/sonic/sonic.htm
http://www.supraforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=& ;amp ;amp ;amp ;amp ;forumid=45

That's just to get you started. Once you get into the content of those sites, you'll find they have lots of useful links all over the place.

Basically, there's 2 ways you can with the 7M-GTE:

1. You can buy all the expensive bits recomended by the likes of HKS and follow their upgrade "stages":

Stage 1 251hp@8psi Exhaust
Stage 2 259hp@8.5psi Super Power Flow Air Filter
Stage 3 285hp@11psi Electronic Valve Controller
Stage 4 298hp@11.5psi Intercooler System
Stage 5 330hp@13.5psi PFC F-CON
Stage 6 345hp@13.5psi Vein Pressure Converter VPC Power Flow Adapter
Stage 7 438hp@15psi Sport Turbo Upgrade Injector & PFC F-CON PROM upgrade
Stage 8 453hp@15psi Camshafts & Cam Gears

or

2. You can follow what Reg Riemer (http://www.supras.com/~riemer/gtestory/)came up with and what most ppl in the states have done: change the AFM for a lexus V8 allowing greater airflow without hitting fuel cut at high boost. This combined with bigger injectors (550cc) and improved piping & IC will let you run 14psi boost which should put out aroun 400HP to 450HP at the flywheel. The CT26 in stock form won't perform well if you try to go above 14psi, so you'll need something bigger.

The 7M-GTE is a really tough engine and you can get awesome power without changing the bottom end at a relatively low cost.

-Rodrigo

[Updated on: Wed, 24 July 2002 17:44]

tomee
Regular

June 2002
Re: need 7M-GE info Thu, 25 July 2002 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for that info Rodrigo, very helpful

got any info on the 7M-GE the N/A motor?
Z1Soarer
Occasional Poster

July 2002

Re: need 7M-GE info Thu, 25 July 2002 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Same work can be done to a 7M-GE as to just about any other N/A Motor, There actually was a TRD Stroker kit even I beleive, which converts to 3199cc or something like that

Bottom line is though, running a 7M-GE is pointless, as the GTE can be had for the exact same money.

And yes, all the GTE turbo gear will go straight onto the N/A Model

Different Cams is basically all there is to my knowledge

[Updated on: Thu, 25 July 2002 10:29]

gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: need 7M-GE info Thu, 25 July 2002 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In your travels you might have found this:
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/9975/dataBy Subject/GasolineEngines.html#M-series

That's the bare bones. What else would you like to know?

Yep what he said. Unless you have a specific reason to modify a 7MGE, I wouldn't bother. Just grab the turbo variant and go from there.

[Updated on: Thu, 25 July 2002 10:34]

tomee
Regular

June 2002
Re: need 7M-GE info Thu, 25 July 2002 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolling Eyes i know the GTE motor is better, but guys i dont have any money plus the car already has the GE motor in it
thats what i asked for inof on what can be done to the GE N/A motor....

[Updated on: Thu, 25 July 2002 13:18]

mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: need 7M-GE info Thu, 25 July 2002 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thing is, by the time you buy all the parts needed to turbo the NA engine, and then break the NA engine in the process, it'll cost you a lot more. If the NA 7mge is still in good order, why not sell it as a complete thing (with computer, loom, etc.) for what you can, and then put the $ towards a 7mgte or 1jz? It might sound harsh to begin with, but it will end up costing a lot less that way, especially if your existing engine is in good order at the moment. Think about it: what can you sell your current engine for, and what are you gonna get for it once its detonated to pieces because of trying to turbo it?

Good luck!
tomee
Regular

June 2002
Re: need 7M-GE info Thu, 25 July 2002 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh i just wnted to find out if it can be done (turbo the GE) tahts all, if its the same parts etc etc...

basically jsut wnating NA perforamnce
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: need 7M-GE info Thu, 25 July 2002 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In short you can turbo your NA motor. 9.2:1 comp will still allow small amounts of boost. You'll still have to alter timing and fuelling. I'm not sure but the dizzy on the NA may be in the way of the std 7MGTE turbo hardware (but don't quote me).

Heve you tried www.supraforums.com? They have a section in their forums directed to the Mk3 supra but any info on NA-T conversions on a 7MGE will be there.

Don't even bother with the naturally aspirated route. very little out there.
tomee
Regular

June 2002
Re: need 7M-GE info Fri, 26 July 2002 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for that

yeah regularly visit the supraforums, buts is american thats what i dont like Cool
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: need 7M-GE info Fri, 26 July 2002 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe....fair enough. They're OK once you get over the American "we do shit the best" attitude. They're actually very helpful.
Anyway good luck.
MelloYello
Newcomer

July 2002

Re: need 7M-GE info Fri, 26 July 2002 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tomee wrote on Fri, 26 July 2002 11:20 AM

thanks for that

yeah regularly visit the supraforums, buts is american thats what i dont like Cool

Sad
The gte swap is you best bet in my opinion. The turbo block also has the oil squirters for the pistons...
TD42T
Regular

May 2002
Re: need 7M-GE info Fri, 26 July 2002 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes it can be done.
I did it and gave a bit of a rundown on SoCals supras.
Not the cheapest option but fun.
Everything from the GTE fits.You have to weld a oil drian for the turbo in the sump.
And yes it takes a bit of fiddling to get the AFM to clear the dizzy.
I'll try and get some decent pics that aren't to big to post.

marty
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: need 7M-GE info Fri, 26 July 2002 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you could set up multi thottle body injection, some wilde camms, high comp and plenty of porting and polishing of the head, good intake and awsome exhuast set up and yeah you should get some great resaults... but for less than half the price you can do an engine swap and get simmular resaults

as a just for now thing get a performance filter, make up some extractors some some good tuning should have a positive affect on things
tomee
Regular

June 2002
Re: need 7M-GE info Sat, 27 July 2002 02:14 Go to previous message
thanks guys Smile

TD42T: can u send them to my email?
Tomee@caraudioaustralia.org
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:water bottle for sprinter... what should i use??
Next Topic:Question for Darren (AKA V8Cressida)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 11:48:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068359375 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.