Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Anybody In Adelaide want to help install a turbo into a 1975 corona(18r)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BlackieWolfie
Regular

July 2002

Anybody In Adelaide want to help install a turbo into a 1975 corona(18r) Wed, 24 July 2002 10:25 Go to next message
I am new to all this stuff,so bear with me.I just recently got a corona,a 1975 coron(it's a 18r) & it got defected.basically,3 out of the 4 cyclinders work.The muffler/exhaust is non-existent.Also,3 bad tyres.Plus 2 front panels are stuffed.And I need a new drivers door.
I am currently on unemployment benefits(the dole),so I am wanting to do up the corona on a "CHEAP" budhet,but get maximum performance out of it.If anyone here want's to help me out,then get back to me or leave a post.
  Send a private message to this user    
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Anybody In Adelaide want to help install a turbo into a 1975 corona(18r) Wed, 24 July 2002 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
forget it i was able to pick up a strait corona for $99 many years ago, find a strait one! then worry about it!

Allan
BlackieWolfie
Regular

July 2002

icon5.gif  Re: Anybody In Adelaide want to help install a turbo into a 1975 corona(18r) Thu, 25 July 2002 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan,
I am prepared to put the work into the Corona.I just need to do it cheaply.As I have mentioned,it's been defected,& it has to go over the pits at Regency Park.But,I am prepared to put the money & effort into doing it up.
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Anybody In Adelaide want to help install a turbo into a 1975 corona(18r) Thu, 25 July 2002 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive also got a RT104 18R.
I gather your has the parkers in the same assembly as the headlights? Not with the indicator on the front bumper?

From what ive heard, it just wont be worth the effort and money.
I would like to also do mine up, but with all the rust problems ive got on mine, ive just decided to save up and get an RA28.
Plus, the rear suspension is a shocker on this car.

But if you do want to go ahead, it will be cheap (compared to the cost of parts for other cars), but expect to spend a lot of time on it.

Any questions, ask away... ive had mine for a few years now and have worked on it a fair bit.
BlackieWolfie
Regular

July 2002

icon4.gif  Re: Anybody In Adelaide want to help install a turbo into a 1975 corona(18r) Fri, 26 July 2002 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MWP,
My car has parkers(by that I am guessing you mean parking lights) in the same assembly as the front headlights.Anyhow,if you have a home number the e-mail me it & that way I can get in contact with you easier.
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Anybody In Adelaide want to help install a turbo into a 1975 corona(18r) Fri, 26 July 2002 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool.
It is the same Corona as mine then.

Phone probably isnt the best way to get in contact with me... email would be better.

Ill be at the toymods car cruise tomorrow night if you wanna meet up then.
Ill be in the blue corona with rust spots everywhere Wink

Qorky
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: Anybody In Adelaide want to help install a turbo into a 1975 corona(18r) Sat, 27 July 2002 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yaee go rt104's! Very Happy

Mines a bucket of shit.. but i made it look fairly nice.
the rust is starting to come back a bit already though Confused

check it out..

http://202.72.160.150/corona/corona.jpg

baught it for 250$'s
prolly spent like 800$'s on it in total. (including buying it)
and have been driveing it for about 1.5 years
BlackieWolfie
Regular

July 2002

icon8.gif  Re: Anybody In Adelaide want to help install a turbo into a 1975 corona(18r) Sun, 28 July 2002 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M.W.P,
What happened to you last night?I went to the cruise & I couldn't see you there.Anyhow,26 cars(from what my friend counted) turned up.Good meeting.Anyhow,I'm going to e-mail you all 3 of my numbers in a moment(2 mobile numbers & 1 landline.Hope to hear from you soon.
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Anybody In Adelaide want to help install a turbo into a 1975 corona(18r) Sun, 28 July 2002 08:36 Go to previous message
Sorry... couldnt make it in the end Sad
Was rather annoyed i wasnt able to make it down there.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Which 1jz gte???
Next Topic:Wheel spacers - Legal?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 20 06:42:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060808658599854 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.