Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Autosalon Final Battle Tue, 28 October 2003 10:48 Go to next message
Heya ppl...

Just wondering if Anyone is entering Final Battle or spectating...

I'll be there to look at the chics err, i mean cars Smile Smile Smile ...

Date - November 8 - 9, 2003
Where - Homebush Bay

Other details at www.autosalon.org
  Send a private message to this user    
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Wed, 29 October 2003 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im entering the final battle, bring your boxxing gloves!!!
justin
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Wed, 29 October 2003 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And I'm gunna smash the smartass JUZZO!!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ...
MR KE70
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Thu, 30 October 2003 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill will be spectating

mr ke70
FLYNSX
Regular

May 2003
    flyn
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Thu, 30 October 2003 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wish i was entering but i wont have the seca ready till sydney autosalon in may next year. Dont even want to go because if i do i will be spewin my car didnt make it there in time.
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Thu, 30 October 2003 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolling . sorry for being smart, i will go to the corner now Sad
MR PLOW
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Sat, 01 November 2003 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im spectating as mine wont be ready hopefully till may, fingers
crossed and bank account full. hehe
maybe we could show off together next year.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Autosalon Final Battle Sat, 01 November 2003 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have negative sentiments for the "cabin" lot - there is just something about flat out refusing entry to pre 1986 cars that just isnt cool. Plus they can't eat pies for shit!

That and i have a conversion to finish.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Mon, 03 November 2003 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they dont allow entry to pre 1986 cars ?

how Fked is that !

No wonder is a damn poserfest if they cant appreciate ALL cars ..

And how does one battle at a Autosalon car show ? Blind each other with chrome or Neon lights, Deafen each other with sub Sonic soundwaves ?

thats just not on - Autosalon gets the big thumbs down if they dont appreciate classics as well ..

Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Tue, 04 November 2003 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aaah, the kilts were only for day to day wear, in battle we donded full length gowns covered in sequents, the idea was to blind the opponents.

hehe

yea i got monday off so i will be going on sunday.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Tue, 04 November 2003 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stu, they do allow any car to attend Autosalon...

However, pre 86 cars that are not in the specified catergories of Rotary Zone, Aussie Zone and Euro Zone don'y get judged... So you can enter any old Celica but it ain't gunna get judged...
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Autosalon Final Battle Tue, 04 November 2003 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben, from memory when we last talked to the people at Cabin, they said NO pre-1986 unless you are a Rotory (ie Mazda)

I might have been wrong... but from the Toymods club perspective, they won't judge the club cos of our pre 1986 cars if you are correct in what u say.

Either way... they just arent as friendly. I can see why considering the majority of their audience.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Tue, 04 November 2003 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm so can we get a group going? I am keen if other peeps are..

I can do anytime Sat or after 11am Sunday Smile
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Wed, 05 November 2003 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i knock off at 8 am on sunday and am free all day, Saturday is no good for me.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Autosalon Final Battle Wed, 05 November 2003 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Um. We CANNOT go on Sat, and at this stage Sunday is full as well. Sad
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Thu, 06 November 2003 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok well let's do it on Sunday then. Shall we meet at Carlingford Court Opportos at like 11.30am?

Rob
MR PLOW
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Thu, 06 November 2003 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about fluro that celica cant remember the model the whole day was a bit of a blur last time
-blown20v-
Regular

January 2003
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Thu, 06 November 2003 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YEA and wat bout that barbados green lookin one with the computer...HIGHIQ.. i have photos of it from last years autosalon
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Autosalon Final Battle Thu, 06 November 2003 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm , I wouldn't mind going and looking at the hotted up rides , and also seeing some cars too. Very Happy
swankiedude
Regular

March 2003

Re: Autosalon Final Battle Thu, 06 November 2003 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will be there sunday. Should be an awsome show
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Autosalon Final Battle Thu, 06 November 2003 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Come one come all I say. Very Happy
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Fri, 07 November 2003 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok so its agreed, carlingford court at opportos? yes
89supra
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Fri, 07 November 2003 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
il be heading down on saturday, just to a have a look.

sup-30t
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Autosalon Final Battle Fri, 07 November 2003 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep. 11.30am. Means we all get a nice sleep in. Very Happy
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Fri, 07 November 2003 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sleep in? i finish work at 8am. wheres the sleep?
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Autosalon Final Battle Fri, 07 November 2003 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh.

LOL.

Well dude, you might as well not sleep at all. You will probably end up feeling worse if you do sleep anyway.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Sat, 08 November 2003 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep it's on fellas! 11.30am at Opportos Carlingford. If you want to come with us to the big 'let's show off our cars and we're so cool' show.. be there Very Happy
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Sat, 08 November 2003 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oooohoo yes time 2 show off lil PeaskSta

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QwDUAooTaZV4hu7DWdsjXKwb4nFNzMhEbcCVMGxNc4k4CK0KsZSA7LGrNxx5OoH1Zx1STCEAh69xVj!eAO7I2IEPIGZ7Xq3dWnuarie1sT4/chameleon.jpg?dc=4675445726386810791
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Sat, 08 November 2003 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey DrExTc! I passed you on Penno Road near the BP the other day... you were turning right out of North Rocks Rd and I was behind you (for a few seconds Smile )

freaky.. I thought I recongnised the ride, colours and all Very Happy

hope to see ya tomorrow

11.30AM at Opportos at Carlingford Court
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Sat, 08 November 2003 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh heh yeah dat wuld b me, 2day fm had one of those thunder ranger hickme doos at the court giving away cd's luv d way u sed for a seconds oh yah i bet u burnt me, no worries Razz

so how is this thing happening tommorow, i havnt met any of you guys, how will i know? do i just cum up n say hi?

well i know its late so i mite not even get a reply, il just cyas there i gues!
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Sat, 08 November 2003 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah just come up and say hi, I'll be looking out for whoever.. you'll see my car, I'll see yours hehe Smile
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Sat, 08 November 2003 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Autosalon was pretty good this year... Heaps of new cars and stuff... Tickets $17ea and yeah, lots of chics too Smile Smile Smile ...

I got around 370 pics and am working out to putting them up soon... I just goota find me a spot somewhere...

What did everyone else think of it???

And boy o boy, those Aussie Idol ppl that are there must've been rejects from the start cause they sounded terrible Laughing Laughing Laughing ...

ps: CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GET PICS OF THAT PAULINE CHIC... I MISSED HER YESTERDAY SO YEAH, GO FOR IT PPLS...
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Sun, 09 November 2003 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Soz dude she was swamped, and had just finished a shoot when i saw her so i didn't get a pic.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Sun, 09 November 2003 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bah... What good are you then??? j/k dude...

Anyone get the opportunity to get a pic??? Or maybe I'll just search the net... Hehehe... Just go do a search Ben Razz Razz Razz ...
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Sun, 09 November 2003 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heyaz. so n e wayz thinkin that id b wakin up nice n early.......

turning over in bed to look at the fone at 11:10...

heavy traffic on jenkins rd...ARGH! computer market traffic!

wel i made and effort and got to carlo at 11:50 was anyone still ther?

so i had go go 2 autosalon on my lonesum Sad

well mate marcin was wit me!

put the car sumwher wher i shuldnt have ...tee hee..

didnt see any idols, so cant reply to rolla boy

got in 4 free Wink Drexnectzions? no jumped gate.. tru, gronk? maybe, care factor...meh!

saw the usual bunch of peeps who spend 60K on car,

proposed next year special stand for Budget modifiers, $400 or less, not inc ralliart sticker,

why do dee jays play music so loud your ears bleed?

why do 2 beutiful blonde girls drive around in a convertible beetle pumping music on stock speakers, clearly about to blow. wanting more attention, than they probably deserve?

do they wonder why they recieve looks of delerious laughter instead of admiration?

well thats it for now!

pics will be up soon

keep posted

-Adz
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Sun, 09 November 2003 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey rolla boy feel free to post a few on my msn group sites,
(http://groups.msn.com/PEAK11N)

you should be able to get a few up on a 3mb limit, and if you want to post more just sign up as another member.

oh btw when i pulled into carlo i saw a black sports car with queesland plates, did it belong to anyone here?
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Sun, 09 November 2003 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL, SPORTSCAR???? Razz Yeah, that was Andrew's MA70 Very Happy This one?

http://www.goodshopping.com.au/celica/supra2.jpg

dude, were you trying to meet us at Carlo? I totally was looking out for you but didn't see you! Anyway, how crazy was the traffic around there 'cause of the blocking of Carlingford Road?! Hope you weren't trying to meet dude, sorry if I missed you.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Autosalon Final Battle Sun, 09 November 2003 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That would probably be me. Very Happy

But we left at 11.45 or so. Must of just missed you. Sad Traffic sucked big time.
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Autosalon Final Battle Mon, 10 November 2003 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I might have been wrong... but from the Toymods club perspective, they won't judge the club cos of our pre 1986 cars if you are correct in what u say.

From memory and being there last time, the ask was no to pre '86, because they weren't hi-tech enough!! Case: what about Yogi's Sillycar?... over 200 HP showing at the wheels... must of scared 99% of them off, Oh Not Hi-tech? Oh sorry! It's Not a butt ugly, fibre glassed, monster with a near stock, real shiny looking engine, that looks as if it would go... (wank wank)
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Autosalon Final Battle Mon, 10 November 2003 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm 100000000% with you Johnny.

<rant>
Lets also take for instance my celica. As "low-tech" as it might be.... its still faster than most Prancers and Excels you see with their 15" exhausts and 21" monster tachos. I hate to say, but a lancer with an exhaust, pod filter and 6 foot carbon spoler a performance car does not make.

Personally i think they are afraid. VERY afraid. Afraid that the old car has more to offer than the rice burner.

But then you have to ask yourself - would YOU want to park your car there while 1000's of sydney's finest from the Bankstown shores walks through? Personally i would not.

</end rant>
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Mon, 10 November 2003 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No worries Rob, yeah the trafic was crazed, but i was lazed, my head was fazed and i culdnt get outta bed in the morning, i was so deep asleep i think i was snoring yeh the sound was just like a roaring, train, i think i drove my sibling insane, cos they came in the room with a broom, tole me to get up and start to vacumn, the mess of cess i left last nite, wen i ws so gone i musta started a fite, with the cat, so fat he musta jumped on me and started the pain, wasnt felt cos it severed a vain that carried the nerves to the place where u feel the sensation
and da vibration i heard, from the cadence van at the salon was unheard of, to my ears i feared it was murder and i culd of, sued em for cash or mabye sum assets, such a sweet ass gtr and maybe sum cassetes or videotape of the top secret jun racer, racing a mad man in a van facing a beat up pacer
now ima relax my facer, its all tensed up from workin on this case of, beer now i cheer cos im fully out of it, cum critiscsie my car, i dont mind the slightest bit

heh heh orites

hey rob im not sure if that was the car, wat time did u guys leave n how many peeps came?

Johnny each to their own, i kinda like when pple spend 60k on a hyundai, it does 2 things, makes pple more aware of the modified scene, and thus pple like us will cop less flak, from say the police, my theory, if there r so many wild cars out ther, the police wil focus on them more

2nd: as more pple buy stuff for their cars, it wil b cheaper, n more accessible, as more manufacturere jump n the bandwagon, create more competition, thus lower prices, im still w8ing for kmart to sell sports exhausts (dont laught in america they sell guns)

3rd: dont worry Johnny i got a pic for u ul like, il show it 2 u soon so u can hav a good laugh

hey n e one see the 9.8second hyundai? now that was just class!

wat about the vl..hey vl how u doin in that lil corner all by ur lonesum? scared of the lil civics? aww u so cute lil vl! giv papa a kiss!

from adams random ramblings...ps stil takin my medication, but waiting for a prescription from another nation which i think is asian cant wait for it to stop the sensation of this pain n fame i recived which i did not gain but stting down now as i frown....ok il stop now!
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Mon, 10 November 2003 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah,

hey that reminds me i saw the peakiin camry when i was leaving auto salon on sunday!!

thought it was very classy! Very Happy
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Mon, 10 November 2003 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
weeely?? (scanning for sarcasm...) aww how eshayriffic of u kind sir!
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Autosalon Final Battle Mon, 10 November 2003 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its not so much what they are doing for the car scene peakin, but its their refusal of recognising some of us as participants in the modified car scene, and as such disallowing a perfectly realsonable club from entering and winning awards which we rightfully deserve.

It means less publicity for our club, and all becuase we are "too low-tech"
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Autosalon Final Battle Mon, 10 November 2003 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, when I saw the "club comp" section I was like, I cannot believe we dont have a section. But yo are right. We are not "fancy" enough for them, so they discount us. Sad
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Autosalon Final Battle Mon, 10 November 2003 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Once upon a time we did have a display, and we won!

But now they either wont let us enter or wont judge us.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Autosalon Final Battle Mon, 10 November 2003 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bah! Not worth the trouble then. They dont get the honour of having us along. Very Happy Very Happy

How long ago was that??
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Autosalon Final Battle Tue, 11 November 2003 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wasn't around then, but i dug this up from our previous events page:

Autosalon, 2001... go here: http://www.toymods.org.au/SAS2001/
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Autosalon Final Battle Tue, 11 November 2003 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Woah. Nice. Very impressive. We should try and do it again. Even if we dont get judged the first year, maybe if we show up, then the next year they might allow us in.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Autosalon Final Battle Tue, 11 November 2003 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not likely - we have spoken to the Cabin people in person - they don't want to know about us.

We will see nextt year anyway.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Autosalon Final Battle Tue, 11 November 2003 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh.

Bastards Mad
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Autosalon Final Battle Tue, 11 November 2003 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats weird, there was an 1984 mazda 929 in the syd auto salon this yr, its older than 86 and it aint no rotor???

Also, y not enter all the rollas, supras, celicas, camrys, anything else thats toyota older than 86 the first year. Once the foot is in the door, we can try and get the older cars in aswell?

i know most people will feel we shouldnt have to do that, but its cabin, what do you expect!!!!
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Tue, 11 November 2003 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well dont worry guys i think this just mite make up for it

http://groups.msn.com/PEAK11N/autosalonfinalbattlepicz.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=278
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Tue, 11 November 2003 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

http://groups.msn.com/PEAK11N/autosalonfinalbattlepicz.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=278
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Tue, 11 November 2003 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm doesnt seem, to work anywho the link is here

http://groups.msn.com/PEAK11N/autosalonfinalbattle picz.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=278
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Tue, 11 November 2003 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DrExTc---> The black car you saw was my mates 180SX, with a Huge Alloy Rear wing. We saw your car and had a laugh at your number plates...... what ya gonna do when you are off ya P's buddy ?
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Tue, 11 November 2003 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh not sure if it had a huge rear wing, but i was concentrating on other things, n e ways, thanks 4 d laugh, i appreciate it, makes every dollar of the EAK 11N plate worth it, i got a few congrats at the auot salon 2! sweet

well im actually on my blacks, yes im aware its a naughty thing, but chix dig p platers! anyway my bro drives it sumtimes 2. so das the excuse Wink
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Tue, 11 November 2003 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ha ha ha .

Well put it this way, we loved your plate mate !!! Definatly a good idea.
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Tue, 11 November 2003 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shaweet! hey are you good with engine swap details?
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Autosalon Final Battle Tue, 11 November 2003 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
hey Peakin, nice camry, it looks like u have 20% tint, ill get that soon is it really dark at night while driving. Check this out. --- http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=20116&start=0&rid=3616&S=dcff8f3352b 6661cff9c4d76f310af79

[Updated on: Tue, 11 November 2003 22:55]

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Question for organisers regarding Toyota Nationals 2004
Next Topic:Easter powercruise
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 06:16:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0090160369873047 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.