Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4AC Distributor Problem

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
tailz
Regular

August 2003
icon9.gif  4AC Distributor Problem Fri, 31 October 2003 18:20 Go to next message
hey guyz i have a sprinter and i experienced something wierd when tightning my distributor bolt that locks the distributor from turning ...

everytime i tight the bolt up ... the engine starts to die ... if i losin it up the idle goes back to normal ... but if i leave it lose it starts to twist into advanced ... so yeah what should i do ??

and also my distributor is leaking ... i dont know if itz the lose bolt thatz making it leak or just my O-Ring needs changing but i cant run the car while the bolt is tight to secure the distributor from turning back to advance ...

any help would be greatly appreciated ...

cheers ...
  Send a private message to this user    
Scorpion
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 4AC Distributor Problem Fri, 31 October 2003 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like the body of the distributor is moving slightly as you tighten and therefore changing the timing slightly. Not an uncommon problem if this is the case. Try putting a washer under the bolt or smooth the underside of the head of the bolt so it doesnt catch on the distributor. Washer might be easier.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: 4AC Distributor Problem Sat, 01 November 2003 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, sounds like some form of shaft play. If you can't rectify the situation, replace the dizzy with an electronic ignition unit from one of the front wheel drive Corollas.
tailz
Regular

August 2003
Re: 4AC Distributor Problem Sun, 02 November 2003 06:01 Go to previous message
ahhh thanks guyz ... im going to try those methods today and hope they work hehehe ...

cheers ...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:114.3mm 5stud conversion needed for ST162
Next Topic:1GGTE info and suggestions
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 11:08:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0037300586700439 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.