Toymods » Cruises and Events » interests: willowbank drag racing "cruise"

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

interests: willowbank drag racing "cruise" Sun, 19 October 2003 01:30 Go to next message
i was wanting to have a drag day out at willowbank raceway, not shut the track for us only, but we all meet somewhere, cruise there and have mach races
http://www.willowbank-raceway.com.au/nextevnt.htm

anyone got an idea of which day from the above site, not wed tho
  Send a private message to this user    
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: interests: willowbank drag racing "cruise" Sun, 19 October 2003 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi Phil,

i might be interested - but only as a passenger - i could help someone wanting to race by going 50/50 on the door charge? and only on a saturday

am removing manifold/turbo for repairs/EFI in the next two weeks, so no red celica for a while.

charles.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: interests: willowbank drag racing "cruise" Sun, 19 October 2003 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would love to go but i won't be able to anytime soon. When my car is finished I will try to organise another one.

later
chris
TRD-75
Regular

July 2003
Re: interests: willowbank drag racing "cruise" Mon, 20 October 2003 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how soon were u thinking phil?
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: interests: willowbank drag racing "cruise" Mon, 20 October 2003 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well track opens on the 8th nov and they have 3 test and tunes, then a nats warm up and then the nats, but after that it'll be tests 3 out of 4 weeks

btw drags are on every weekend bar a few in the year too Smile

just remember you have to have a long sleeve jumper ect {not a long sleeve satin or silk shirt Rolling Eyes } long pants, shoes {dont laugh, it happens} and a helmet, doesn't have to be a ARIAS Top Fuel approved $1000 piece, just any old moto helmet, open or closed face. go to cashies and get one for $40.

u can unbolt exhaust halfway down for the SIIIIIIIIIK drag car sound, have slicks, NO oil or water leaks at all or they'll ream u, as will the bloke who just slipped on your oil and put his 10 sec HQ into the wall Confused
make sure the battery is held down, no excess loose shit floating around inthe car {like mine Rolling Eyes } so when u roll at 150k it wont go everywhere.
and make sure u have decent brakes.

no burnouts past the beams, none of us will NEED to anyway, just for showmanship Very Happy

doof doofs will just add weight, but dont remove your rear seats to save 5kg, its a waste of time
TRD-75
Regular

July 2003
Re: interests: willowbank drag racing "cruise" Mon, 20 October 2003 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no doof doof! Shocked s'pose its for a good cause. hey phil i sent u a PM bout the spark plug leads.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: interests: willowbank drag racing "cruise" Tue, 21 October 2003 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill be interested for the cruise but i wont race.. car is too slow lol
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: interests: willowbank drag racing "cruise" Tue, 21 October 2003 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i don't have a back seat anyway Razz
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: interests: willowbank drag racing "cruise" Tue, 21 October 2003 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd also be in for the cruise but not the drags, as I still need to get alot of things set up properly on the 28.

I don't imagine standard running gear would last more than one hard launch Wink

Cheers Kirk
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: interests: willowbank drag racing "cruise" Wed, 22 October 2003 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill just sit and look pretty
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: interests: willowbank drag racing "cruise" Wed, 22 October 2003 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
since u are in such close proximity o other cars there and us racers like go before show u will get yelled at with loud doof doofs, launch soft, do a before and after of suspension upgrade
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: interests: willowbank drag racing "cruise" Wed, 22 October 2003 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i cant figure out if that was an insult or not, but i am go before the show too.. but my loan didnt get approved so my "go" is going to have to wait 6 months.. i just got the rims cause i could and gotta wait anyway
all i meant by "sit there and look pretty" was saying im not gonna drag it as is
cause ill blow it up
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: interests: willowbank drag racing "cruise" Thu, 23 October 2003 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Wed, 22 October 2003 19:23

i cant figure out if that was an insult or not, but i am go before the show too.. but my loan didnt get approved so my "go" is going to have to wait 6 months.. i just got the rims cause i could and gotta wait anyway
all i meant by "sit there and look pretty" was saying im not gonna drag it as is
cause ill blow it up

nah no offence intended, its just that most of the racers there opt for go over show, they look down their noses at riceboys in their 2000kg doof-doof'd up lancers, not saying u r a riceboy but they get pissed at ppl playing doof doofs,

they like the sound of a 800hp 454 over kylie minogue is all, bogans really, and i should know, i was brought up at TOWNSVILLE dragway
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: interests: willowbank drag racing "cruise" Thu, 23 October 2003 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my car has very little doof doof
its just sitting there waiting for its twin turbo engine thats on hold.. so i figured if i gotta wait anyway i mose well sort out what i can afford(suspension and handling) and a nice looking set of rims.. It will look clean but by no means ricey. All it is-is a white car with black windows and rims..
my doof doof value consists of a california gold mp3 head deck and 2 way pioneer 6x9's worth a total of 100 bucks.... so it barely doofs haha
I was at willowbank not long ago.. gotta love the chevy stingrays
and replica gt40's
ohh and my car only weighs 1200kg.. so when it gets it TT engine.. its gonna be a missile

[Updated on: Thu, 23 October 2003 13:16]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: interests: willowbank drag racing "cruise" Mon, 27 October 2003 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so is this happenning or what.. wouldnt mind meeting up with a few of u guys
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: interests: willowbank drag racing "cruise" Tue, 28 October 2003 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone wanna go on the "cruise" to willowbank on Wed Nov 12th?
its a test and tune night.. and also one of the 2 nights a week im free
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: interests: willowbank drag racing "cruise" Tue, 28 October 2003 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my car will not be ready and i have a test on that day so count me out.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: interests: willowbank drag racing "cruise" Wed, 29 October 2003 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was just a suggestion.. what ya guys reckon?
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: interests: willowbank drag racing "cruise" Wed, 29 October 2003 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can be there, but i cant drag yet. Around marchish i should be ready for dyno/drag. all going well that is!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: interests: willowbank drag racing "cruise" Wed, 29 October 2003 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah but atleast we could just all go there.. check each others cars out and watch the drags
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: interests: willowbank drag racing "cruise" Fri, 31 October 2003 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i cant go, need to save for my engine work, and it'l be slow anyway with comps of 130, 100, 100, 110
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: interests: willowbank drag racing "cruise" Sat, 01 November 2003 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll be there to watch only on Wed 12th- am still to disable car for EFIing and ai might even have aircon by then...

Jag7799 & V8_MA61: i'll meet you guys somewhere/how? PM me for a mob number.

others: if you want a lift from somewhere between Kenmore and Willowbank, PM me, i've got room for 2, tho no smokin' in the car.

Charles.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: interests: willowbank drag racing "cruise" Sat, 01 November 2003 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah.. if we can get atleast 3 or more people goin ill come for sure Smile
who else wants to come.. thechuckster: what part of bris u in?
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: interests: willowbank drag racing "cruise" Sat, 01 November 2003 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Sat, 01 November 2003 23:22

<snip>
who else wants to come.. thechuckster: what part of bris u in?

I'm in Kenmore (just past Chapel Hill or over the river from Jindalee) - western suburbs.

charles.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: interests: willowbank drag racing "cruise" Sun, 02 November 2003 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahha i got no idea.. im in everton park.. cause i dunno my way there very well lol
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: interests: willowbank drag racing "cruise" Sun, 02 November 2003 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
head towards story bridge and go over it
stay on Mains Rd (which becomes Ipswich road after a while
obey any sign that gets you closer to ipswich
take turn off to ipswich motorway (on left) AFTER driving past the Toowoomba exit
stay on motorway - is 2-3 km on right after exit to Amberly RAAF base

otherwise, try <www.whereis.com.au>.

charles.
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: interests: willowbank drag racing "cruise" Sun, 02 November 2003 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hell I'd love to come, the only thing putting me off slightly was that I have an exam the next day (but I should have that one rapped up...)... hell I might even take the cressida to get laughed at! (see how much of a difference auto -> manual really makes in un underpowered car, use it as a benchmark).

Let us know what happens, I'll prbly give blake a lift as well Very Happy

Cheers
Wilbo
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: interests: willowbank drag racing "cruise" Sun, 02 November 2003 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
those directions help.. are we goin?
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: interests: willowbank drag racing "cruise" Sun, 02 November 2003 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yup ... i will be.

Phil/others? can you park inside (as a non-comp) the gates on test-an-tune night? (instead of way out in the trees near the highway?

tia,
charles.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: interests: willowbank drag racing "cruise" Sun, 02 November 2003 11:48 Go to previous message
im most likely coming.. on test and tune u can part right behind the track... its all good
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Cruise to Megacruise from around Hornsby?(details posted)
Next Topic:Eastern Creek Off-Street Drags, Wed 22nd October.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 06:50:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0078411102294922 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.