Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Vertex_s15
Newcomer

October 2003
USING 20 VALVE HEAD FOR A 4AGTE Thu, 30 October 2003 08:47 Go to next message
Guys im going to be running a 4agze block with a custom turbo manifold and t25 turbo and all the other fruit, just wanted to know if its worth while using a 20 valve head or sticking to the normal 4ag head? has anyone used a 20 valve head on the gze block and had success, can it be done, is it possible and the rewards good?

Any information would be excellent, thanks for the feedbak guys
  Send a private message to this user    
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: USING 20 VALVE HEAD FOR A 4AGTE Thu, 30 October 2003 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To me it would be a bit of a waste having a turbo charged 20v head etc. Not that I am speaking from experience though. But I thought the idea of the 20v was to help an engine breath and rev well. And for an NA motor this is important for power making.

But since you will be turboing it and hence force feeding the motor the extra expense of tuning and de-bugging a 20v over a 16 head would not be worth it in the end in terms of final power figure.

Having said that if you have the money and time it would be a rare build-up.

Cheers
-blown20v-
Regular

January 2003
Re: USING 20 VALVE HEAD FOR A 4AGTE Thu, 30 October 2003 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.rigoliracing.com.au/corolla.html
go the 20v. thats all i can say.. i thikn this site duz the convincing .. so i dont have to say anything
Vertex_s15
Newcomer

October 2003
Re: USING 20 VALVE HEAD FOR A 4AGTE Thu, 30 October 2003 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the quick reply and information guys, well just checked out that website and man that things is a beast..., so its out of the question wether it can be done ...as it has been done.. anybody has done it and has a write up or tech article or experience in using/building a 20 valve head for the gze block?. just wanting to know wether any problems come across in using the 20 valve head matchin up to the block as well as tuning ?
neat 20valve
Regular

March 2003
Re: USING 20 VALVE HEAD FOR A 4AGTE Thu, 30 October 2003 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll send sam an email and see what i can find out for ya.

regards Craig
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: USING 20 VALVE HEAD FOR A 4AGTE Thu, 30 October 2003 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i do know that rigoils use that partiular setup and they have a 11 sec corrolla out of it so it must work!?!?!
Vertex_s15
Newcomer

October 2003
Re: USING 20 VALVE HEAD FOR A 4AGTE Fri, 31 October 2003 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i gather a 20 valve head should work on the 4agze block, but need more info, thanks for the reply fellas
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: USING 20 VALVE HEAD FOR A 4AGTE Sat, 01 November 2003 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What pistons will you use, I imagine they will have to be custom being that you want low compression and don't want the fifth valve finding the piston......... Shocked
Vertex_s15
Newcomer

October 2003
Re: USING 20 VALVE HEAD FOR A 4AGTE Sat, 01 November 2003 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am currently running the 4agze from ae101 using a small port, head port and polished, im running stock pistons which gave way and i have taken the motor apart, i have oring block, balance crank, shot peened rods, strenghten the block etc, but thinking of using a 20 valve head to get more out of it..i will be replaceing the pistons and rods with something forged not sure of brand yet, but im trying to find out info about using 20 valve head on gze block
pannelvan_screema
Regular

November 2002
Re: USING 20 VALVE HEAD FOR A 4AGTE Sat, 01 November 2003 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey dude grab the new ZOOM when it comes out on the front cover is a Ke-70 running a 4A-GTE 20v with a supra box and GT30 series turbo. It does 11.44@123mph down the quater with 294Kw at the wheels. It may help if not its a good read.
GO THE ROLLA!!!!
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: USING 20 VALVE HEAD FOR A 4AGTE Sat, 01 November 2003 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats awesome! Do you know the car? Tell us more Very Happy

pannelvan_screema
Regular

November 2002
Re: USING 20 VALVE HEAD FOR A 4AGTE Sun, 02 November 2003 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah dude dont know the car its from NZ. Its a 4A-GZE strengthend bottom end with a silvet top 20v comp of 8.0/1 GT30 turbo pumping 1.5BAR into the little sucker. SARD 720cc injectors do thee fueling duties and the firing is done by EVO coils.
The whole show is run by a MoTeC M48 ECU.

If want to know more....... buy the mag its got a fair bit of toyota stuff in it.

ENJOY!!
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: USING 20 VALVE HEAD FOR A 4AGTE Sun, 02 November 2003 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where do you get the magazine so early? I wasnt expecting to see it until around the 20th of November Confused
pannelvan_screema
Regular

November 2002
Re: USING 20 VALVE HEAD FOR A 4AGTE Sun, 02 November 2003 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im subscribed
mlaser
Regular

March 2003
Re: USING 20 VALVE HEAD FOR A 4AGTE Mon, 03 November 2003 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 4AGTE seems to becoming a popular conversion, i'm actually having one put into a ke25 atm, will be much fun once its all done. Can't wait to see what power i put out with my setup.
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: USING 20 VALVE HEAD FOR A 4AGTE Mon, 03 November 2003 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is some very serious power out of a 1.6 4 cyl hard to belive but god damn!
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: USING 20 VALVE HEAD FOR A 4AGTE Mon, 03 November 2003 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm 294kw at the wheels...

1.6L, assuming close to 100% efficiency
= 160Nm

with 1.5 bar boost (assuming it all gets in there)
=160x2.5 = 400Nm

294kw at the flywheel would be 6910rpm

if it made max power at 8000rpm, thats about 340kw at the flywheel...

so guessing 10% loss, that works out to be

323kw@7600rpm at the flywheel

assuming it has 95-100% efficieny, it's doable.... very high, but doable.....

Cya, Stewart

ps
kw = (engine size x 100 x (1+ boost) x rpm) / 9402
where engine size is in litres, boost is in Bar or atm
E30-323ti
Regular

June 2002
Re: USING 20 VALVE HEAD FOR A 4AGTE Mon, 03 November 2003 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is the KE70 from a place called Speedtech here in NZ??
Matt black with a huge FMIC??
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: USING 20 VALVE HEAD FOR A 4AGTE Tue, 04 November 2003 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-blown20v- wrote on Thu, 30 October 2003 21:25

http://www.rigoliracing.com.au/corolla.html

please exercise caution if considering advise and/or utilizing their services
their ethics arent exactually what would be called australian
the boys screwed what tony built up
1G-GTEFreAk
Regular

November 2002

Re: USING 20 VALVE HEAD FOR A 4AGTE Fri, 18 June 2004 18:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have been searching through this site for more information on this 4A-GE 20V on 4A-GZE block. I have yet to see any relevant facts other than photos of it being down. Well at the shop we a piecing together plans for such a hybrid, we have a AE101 Toyota Levin Silver Top,4AGZE shortblock a Rebuild kit for the GZE block because we are not sure what the mileage is like and a rebuild kit for the 20V head since some of the seals are a mess.

Now I have searched the site looking for information on the headgasket type that is used for this hybrid also any other necessary modification that was done. SO far I haven't seen any of these bits in here. Anyone who has the knowledge drop a few lines.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: USING 20 VALVE HEAD FOR A 4AGTE Sat, 19 June 2004 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
food for thought:

http://www.toymods.org.au/4A-GTE/

Also to note is that it is EASY to make that sort of power when you are feeding 35psi into a 1.6L. (refering to the Rigoli rolla)

Most workshops use the 20V head because it looks way nicer than a 16V head, and it generates more attention to the masses.

Myself i would go the 16V

[Updated on: Sat, 19 June 2004 00:21]

wil8115
Regular

June 2002
Re: USING 20 VALVE HEAD FOR A 4AGTE Sat, 19 June 2004 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Witzl is right.. the 16 valve big port head would be my choice. Heavily port and O/S valves, slight cams..
300+rwkw is possible.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: USING 20 VALVE HEAD FOR A 4AGTE Sat, 19 June 2004 08:58 Go to previous message
What about Yogi's car??? Isn't that the set up this guy is inquiring about.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Hilux Bodykit?
Next Topic:TA 22 instruments
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 18:43:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065560340881348 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.