Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Queensland » Any-one wanna go Go-Karting... Bris Area...?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae86-Levin
Regular

January 2003
Any-one wanna go Go-Karting... Bris Area...? Sun, 01 June 2003 11:25 Go to next message
I wanna have a go-kart day with other toymod forum members (esp. AE86 owers)....

Go and kart drift for a day????

Plz leave a message....
  Send a private message to this user    
toycelica77
Regular

February 2003
Re: Any-one wanna go Go-Karting... Bris Area...? Sun, 01 June 2003 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if only i still had my kart...

i used to race them alot when i was younger, i had a 26hp chain driven beast

i was in the middle of putting a turbo on the 'beast' when i got my liscence and forgot totally about it, and ended up selling it...

the million mile rental ones are no fun compared to the real deal - or an actual car for that matter

BTW... its almost impossible to kart drift, unless your VERY good, the amount of traction is neck breaking and the tank slapping that ensues is not very *ahem* man friendly *ahem*

Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Any-one wanna go Go-Karting... Bris Area...? Mon, 02 June 2003 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used to race karts on a dirt track... with slicks! That's the way to do kart drift. In fact, it was impossible to steer the damn things without drifting! Very Happy
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Any-one wanna go Go-Karting... Bris Area...? Mon, 02 June 2003 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah lets organise a kart day......
does this also apply to AE86 owners in the build? Very Happy Very Happy
ae86-Levin
Regular

January 2003
Re: Any-one wanna go Go-Karting... Bris Area...? Mon, 02 June 2003 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speed Core this definatly applys to you....

With your AE86 construction....

My mate knows Anthony quite well and he won't even tell him what your puttin in it....

But i Have my suspisions... lol

couple of ideas i won't mention here....

RA60_Celica
Regular

February 2003
Re: Any-one wanna go Go-Karting... Bris Area...? Mon, 02 June 2003 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah ill be up for it i havent driven a go kart in years but im sure ill learn just plant your foot to the floor and oversteer!
toycelica77
Regular

February 2003
Re: Any-one wanna go Go-Karting... Bris Area...? Wed, 04 June 2003 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RA60_Celica wrote on Mon, 02 June 2003 20:51

yeah ill be up for it i havent driven a go kart in years but im sure ill learn just plant your foot to the floor and oversteer!

bit more too it than they i think, light up the rears and you've pretty much already off the track, best way is to do them under brakes... much easier, but less impressive

my kart had a lot of rear bias so it was easy to do... i dont even think the hire karts brake on all wheels Confused
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Any-one wanna go Go-Karting... Bris Area...? Wed, 04 June 2003 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nup, every hire kart I've seen has a single disc brake on the rear axle. If you're lucky it will work a bit.
King of Cool
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: Any-one wanna go Go-Karting... Bris Area...? Thu, 05 June 2003 19:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i'm up for it. How about the karts at Archerfield. They'd have to be the best around. Went there 6 months ago in the pouring rain and it was unbelievably good fun.

KoC
ramone_johnny
Newcomer

June 2003
Re: Any-one wanna go Go-Karting... Bris Area...? Fri, 06 June 2003 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you think they'd let me push the supra around the track?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Any-one wanna go Go-Karting... Bris Area...? Fri, 06 June 2003 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The track at Archerfield sucks. It's just an old carpark with a bunch of tyres defining the track. It's rough as guts too, which isn't much fun when your bum is an inch off the ground and there's no suspension! Willowbank has the best track by far, it's heaps bigger and has a smooth surface.
arena
Regular

January 2003
      ?
Re: Any-one wanna go Go-Karting... Bris Area...? Thu, 12 June 2003 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey u know im up for that man, i missed out going last time but im hell keen forf it. i think we should start getting it orgainsed. and i dont know about the karts, but ive heard that kingston is pritty good. ne ways how about lets start getting this thing organised hey drifta.

catch up soon guys.

btw speedcore. how much wa the paintjob on your red rocket??

cheerz, rena
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Any-one wanna go Go-Karting... Bris Area...? Sun, 15 June 2003 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think i might be in too Smile Never been before...but ive driven one down a steepish hill which was made of scrap timber, had bbq wheels, metal front bar and ropes as steering...is that enough experience lol Razz
BansheeBuzz
Regular

January 2003
Re: Any-one wanna go Go-Karting... Bris Area...? Sun, 15 June 2003 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will come up for a run on the karts depending on where you guys decide to go.
ae86-Levin
Regular

January 2003
Re: Any-one wanna go Go-Karting... Bris Area...? Wed, 23 July 2003 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
New Thread for this go-carting dayup now...
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Any-one wanna go Go-Karting... Bris Area...? Sun, 17 August 2003 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when are we planning to do this?

[Updated on: Mon, 18 August 2003 09:43]

funkdoc
Regular

February 2003
Re: Any-one wanna go Go-Karting... Bris Area...? Sun, 17 August 2003 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah that sounds really good idea dude...
silvercil40
Regular

August 2003
Re: Any-one wanna go Go-Karting... Bris Area...? Tue, 19 August 2003 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
levindrifta's been slack getting this cart day going but the last time in raced with him he carved up kingston Shocked
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Any-one wanna go Go-Karting... Bris Area...? Tue, 23 September 2003 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What about Big Fish...on way to north coast near ettamogah (sp?)
is that place still open? It's a much better track than archerfield & the kart's like to get sideways Surprised

Bit of a hike but i reckon it'd be worth it

Kingston carts just fart around like slow pos

silvercil40
Regular

August 2003
Re: Any-one wanna go Go-Karting... Bris Area...? Thu, 25 September 2003 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NickAE86 wrote on Tue, 23 September 2003 16:23

Kingston carts just fart around like slow pos

not fast enough to qualify for twin engines eh?
looks promising for me!! Laughing
sounds like a good idea to me, anywhere i go karting is half an hour away. last time we went to kingston with a group of 10 and did a corporate day, advanced cart from first race
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Any-one wanna go Go-Karting... Bris Area...? Fri, 26 September 2003 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They actually have karts that go now? Surprised

it's been a while
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Any-one wanna go Go-Karting... Bris Area...? Fri, 26 September 2003 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha id be up for that.. "The Big Cart Track" which is just past the big fish by a few km's is a pretty big and good track.. its alot of fun.. carts are ok.. not the fastest.. but the track is really big and good.. some suburb.. starts with L.. like 40 bucks for an hour or something.. but i think u get group discount too
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Any-one wanna go Go-Karting... Bris Area...? Mon, 29 September 2003 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Landsborough methinks

I've seen it but never raced there...looks alright

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Any-one wanna go Go-Karting... Bris Area...? Mon, 29 September 2003 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THATS IT landsborough..its pretty good... but i dont have much to compare it to.. just know the track is entertaining
ahvent been to any others except my mates which he has a full course on his property
silvercil40
Regular

August 2003
Re: Any-one wanna go Go-Karting... Bris Area...? Mon, 29 September 2003 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kingstons got the new track track now so it would be hell busy being school hols but last time we went as a group of 10 and did a corporate day, bout $55 10lap warm up, 10lap qual 3x 15 lap races two of were reverse grid.
had a blast til someone braked in the corner so i swerved, straight into the tyres and broke my thumb Laughing
silvercil40
Regular

August 2003
Re: Any-one wanna go Go-Karting... Bris Area...? Mon, 06 October 2003 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If its still raining this weekend is anyone up for sunday? anywhere?
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Any-one wanna go Go-Karting... Bris Area...? Mon, 06 October 2003 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahha.. i love that . "IF its still raining then we do it"... haha
im working Sad
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Any-one wanna go Go-Karting... Bris Area...? Mon, 06 October 2003 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karts are almost undrivable in the wet. I did it once and got sick of being unable to use the accelerator, brake OR steering wheel. Something about slicks and uber-stiff chassis doesn't mix with wet bitumen...
ae86-Levin
Regular

January 2003
Re: Any-one wanna go Go-Karting... Bris Area...? Mon, 03 November 2003 03:48 Go to previous message
Hey guys... soz me been a slack arse...

I have startd a new thread in Queensland forum...

WILL DEF GO THIS TIME.....
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4age
Next Topic:TA22 => 4AGZE Conversion Help
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 17:58:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0071511268615723 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.