Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 3SGE Beams? Any ideas where?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Corvid
Regular

May 2002
3SGE Beams? Any ideas where? Mon, 03 November 2003 22:09 Go to next message
Hey fellas,

Anyone have any idea where i could get a 3sge beams motor or cut? and did they make one in FWD Layout?
Just thinking for a project..

Send a private message to this user    
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3SGE Beams? Any ideas where? Tue, 04 November 2003 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The last one I heard about coming into Oz was from these guys:

http://www.japparts.com.au/

I believe a FWD version of the BEAMS motor was realeased but I can't recall what car it came in at the moment.

Cheers
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3SGE Beams? Any ideas where? Tue, 04 November 2003 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think (prbly wrong Rolling Eyes) that the latest SW20 MR2's had the beams in them? And I think something else did as well.....I'll look it up when I have the time.

Cheers
Wilbo

[Updated on: Tue, 04 November 2003 00:26]

Corvid
Regular

May 2002
Re: 3SGE Beams? Any ideas where? Tue, 04 November 2003 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks heaps..
Bill Sherwood
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3SGE Beams? Any ideas where? Tue, 04 November 2003 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The redtop gen fours (VVT-i on the inlet cam only) came out in some late model MR2's. They also continue to make FWD types for the Caldina's. I think they're only sold in Japan though.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: 3SGE Beams? Any ideas where? Tue, 04 November 2003 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the SS-III celica's (ST202) had the beams in it.. in fwd layout and everything.. *bolt up* job for your st184 Smile ive already looked into it for myself not really wanting to pay the insurance for the 3sgte. however the cost of the engine was hideously prohibative.. even to the point that most importers said they wouldnt even get it.

for a fwd setup im guessing its for a st162/184/202 ? youd be better of with a 3sgte and a good computer and some tuneing time to make it plasent for fwd. youll still be ahead once you do that and pay turbo insurance -v- n/a insurance Smile
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: 3SGE Beams? Any ideas where? Wed, 05 November 2003 01:51 Go to previous message
I'm guessing the plan is to put the Beams into the back of an AW11, a swap I've thought about on many occasions. For me I'd rather have the torque of the 3SGTE. If I was able to relegate the AW11 to weekend fun only then a high revving N/A engine like the beams would be awesome and match the character of the car beautifully.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4agze into a KE70
Next Topic:Is my SC12 dead?!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 17:31:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054099559783936 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.