Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
wizzfizz2097
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002

icon5.gif  places to drive in Perth Thu, 10 October 2002 01:11 Go to next message
just wondering if theres any good places to drive hard in perth, i mean, ive bin up on the road to bickley brook (coming down at 80-100km/h was a blast, then theres a 1km straightaway afterwards, sweeeeet)
somewhere where i wont get any hassles
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: places to drive in Perth Thu, 10 October 2002 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Generally in the hills, they all used to be like 90kph zones, but they all been changed to 50kph. Generally I think the best places to give it some shit are where you know them really well, and you have driven past them numerous times and not seen a speed camera.
wizzfizz2097
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: places to drive in Perth Sat, 12 October 2002 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you aware of crystal brook road down near lesmurdie/maddington/orange grove area? man you can only do 30km on a push bike.
i might take a trip down there cause the last time i was there i was driving my corona (da na da na da da MY CORONA...) which to put lightly was a POS
Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: places to drive in Perth Sun, 13 October 2002 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The back way to Mundaring Weir is good, but you have to go really early in the morning 'cause the cops lurk around there regularly.

Plenty of good roads around Collie if you want a long drive.

I've just about given up on public roads, try and keep it all for Wanneroo circuit or the Collie circuit, heaps cheaper!!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: places to drive in Perth Tue, 15 October 2002 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much does it cost to get out on a circuit like Barbagallo?
Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: places to drive in Perth Tue, 15 October 2002 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Best way is to join the W.A Sporting Car Club.

$165.00 for 12 months for a new member.
Gives you full admission to all races including V8's.
You can spend a day on the track for approx $35.
There's a tuning day approx for members once a month and you can get on any other time the track is free to use.

I think if your not a member it costs 1000's

Also enables you to apply for various competition licences to do hill climbs, sprints etc.

I find after a day on the track a lot of the urge goes to fang on the street.

Check out: www.wascc.com.au
Hachi6
Newcomer

November 2002
icon10.gif  Re: places to drive in Perth Sat, 23 November 2002 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It might not be as fun now as it used to be, they got "traffic calming" stuff in now, but try the drive through Nedlands/Dalkeith/Claremont. Start from Christchurch school near the roundabout and head down through Dalkeith ( and wake up Perths elite at the same time) if you follow the right roads should take you through Dalkeith along Jutland parade and ending somewhere near Steves pub. Its only a short blast but is fun in both directions.
stockt12
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Re: places to drive in Perth Thu, 28 November 2002 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kalamunda apparently is the best area..

missed out on a cruise there one night

thin road, s bend, cliff one side, trees other side...gotta check out it when i'm around there to see whether it's as good as everyone thinks
poombah
Regular

August 2002

Re: places to drive in Perth Tue, 03 December 2002 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have enough problems getting harrassed without speeding or attracting attention, was going on Great eastern hwy in glen forrest, no cars around i was doing 80 in a 90 zone just idling along fidling with the s-afc... got yellowed and fined $100 and 3 points for the factory foglights..

Im a member of the WASCC but didnt realise you could just go up and use the track whenever!
wizzfizz2097
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: places to drive in Perth Wed, 04 December 2002 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know its not in perth but i seem to remember a 100km straight around the geraldton area,

no hills
no corners
no trees or bushes

the tyre treads are so worn you dont need to hold the wheel

unfortunatly i was driving my dads landcruiser with boat in tow so speed was not really acheivable
katsuchiyo
Regular

December 2002

Re: places to drive in Perth Sun, 15 December 2002 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or you could head up this way if you happen to like flat roads..
Cannington area has a few nice corners.. but you have to travel a bit out of central so the cops arent too close. Smile

i used to drive around here, even befor ei got my licence..
Was a good place for street racing.

Then some Fecking retard stole and parked my Corolla Sedan into a tree, and it went bye bye.

So now i have no car and no money to get the Sprinter i want... right when i can legally drive Sad
but anyway.. there are a few good raods in this area, just takes some looking, another one would be out the back of somewhere like Welshpool or Wanaroo....

*shrug* just my opinion.

BTW: does anyone know of any meets happening anytime soon? after i lost my wheels i seem to have lost track of everything.

Katsuchiyo
kev23
Newcomer

February 2003
Re: places to drive in Perth Fri, 28 February 2003 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well if your up for a 2hr drive up north

theres this shithole called cervantes
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: places to drive in Perth Tue, 04 March 2003 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Off gnangara road(spelling? its off wanneroo road in any case) there is a good industrial area...never see cops there, but i do see alot of new black treads whenever i go past Very Happy
katsuchiyo
Regular

December 2002

Re: places to drive in Perth Thu, 06 March 2003 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, thats where the Driftworks Boys film their stuff sometimes.

Other place is out the back of Kenwick..
I think it was Kenwick..

*shrug*
Gryphon Power!
Regular

June 2003
Re: places to drive in Perth Fri, 27 June 2003 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn, never knew there were many ppl from Perth.. there is a guy with a Z20 Soarer round the corner from me.. plates are 2PURRFECT or something like that, pretty nice, haent seen it there for a while Sad I just bought a Z11 Soarer, and am currently putting in a 1G-GTE. We should organise a meet at Collie track when im done Razz wanna get some drift action happening in the soarer Very Happy need an excuse to change these 14' tyres!
wizzfizz2097
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: places to drive in Perth Sat, 28 June 2003 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well im heading down to albany for half a week tomorrow... i sometimes wish the fionce wasnt in the car so i could 'speed test', but albany hwy is always a real hot spot for police action.
best ive done in current car in 155, but i was running out of road and i knew it had more
shame story = my old 86 corona wagon could only do 160 (4 spd gearbox, so it was screamin its tits off)
Gryphon Power!
Regular

June 2003
Re: places to drive in Perth Sat, 28 June 2003 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What type of car have you got wizzfizz? You should put some pics in your site too Razz
wizzfizz2097
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: places to drive in Perth Mon, 30 June 2003 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont have a digital so i cant get any recent pics.
but if you goto http://members.cardomain.com/wizzfizz theres some pics there... mind you i have mags now.
Gryphon Power!
Regular

June 2003
Re: places to drive in Perth Wed, 02 July 2003 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool, nice..
Mazda626
Regular

June 2003

Re: places to drive in Perth Thu, 03 July 2003 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
155 in a camry ? id think it have alot more left in it probally 190 or so..

i mean my 84 626 does 175 @ 4250rpm by the gear ratio it can do 205 @ 5,500rpm Smile
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: places to drive in Perth Fri, 04 July 2003 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Places to "really drive" in Perth: Wanneroo Raceway on a test and tune day, Kwinana Motorplex on Wednesday night, MC Motorsport Motorkhanas in Wanneroo, Max Action Motorkhanas in Belmont, Collie Motorsport Complex, State Motorkhana Rounds all over Perth, various touring road events held in Perth (ie Full Monte Rally this weekend - I'm mad enough to try and navigate for another mad bastard in a R32 GTR), various hill climbs all over the state, dirt outings (too many to list!), ...
wraith
Regular

October 2003
Re: places to drive in Perth Fri, 03 October 2003 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kalamunda is nice, dont get stuck behind a truck though. you should be able to have heaps of fun going down to albany, just got back here from perth myself, 140 most of the way in a 4ac sprinter (my luck, no cops). Looked for gravel in perth, found a little bit and decided to go home- your shit is MENTAL! ball bearings or what. I like albany gravel, easy predictable drift. If your keen, do the Dale Mnt gravel road, its just been graded, about 30klicks down the brookton hwy. then you end up near kalumunda and can bitumen your way home.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: places to drive in Perth Sat, 04 October 2003 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So you're the bastard that's been cutting up my road!
It's beyond me why we have such a great diversity of motorsport events in Perth, and people still choose to go and do it out in the backlots, further making the modified car scene that much harder to accept by the general public.
Yes I understand it costs money (if you can't afford around $50 for a speed event or motorkhana, you should really ask yourself if modified cars are a good hobby for you), but it's also sanctioned, generally better run, and a hell of alot safer than on the streets!
wraith
Regular

October 2003
Re: places to drive in Perth Sun, 05 October 2003 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For fucks sake, mate, all i did was try to take a gravel corner (light corner, i may add) at around 70KM/H and felt the whole thing slip sideways. Down here, you can take the gravel at half decent speeds and get traction- the point i was trying to make is that an unexperienced person could quite easily kill themselves on your gravel roads if they dont take a bit of care. Furtermore, in albany the only motorsport events we have are the speedway or the once-a-year hillclimb. I dont have the luxury of being in perth more than say 3 weekends a year, and its rarely my choice what time of year i go up. once my project's a little further along i have every intention of getting into motorsporting events. Im also against mindless "cutting up", dognuts, that sorta thing. I drive for pleasure, not to impress anyone. learn to loosen up a bit and have fun on the roads you and my taxpayer $$$ are funding.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: places to drive in Perth Mon, 06 October 2003 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wraith, malice was not the motive behind my reply to your post, but more general observation. Having had the great misfortune to live on a dead end gravel road, that was later bitumised, I've seen it all.
Yes, I agree with you road conditions change throughout many areas, and should be approached with caution, especially if you are not familiar with those conditions, however 70 Km/h on a gravel road around a bend I feel is also unacceptable. True my and your taxpayer dollars are funding such ventures, but they also fund the many emergency services, called out all to often when things go wrong, and doing it alone and off "the beaten track", is more dangerous should something go wrong!
Personally, I've learnt far much more off street than I ever could on, so this is my preference for this type of activity. Yes, I agree Albany is "isolated" in terms of motorsport events, aside from the hill climb, and "Around the Houses" (sorry Speedway isn't in my interests), which makes for a great weekend! However Collie and Bunbury are also within reach of you, as they are me too (I'll be in Collie on the 26th for a track day if you'd like to come along too?), and these are the areas that should really be used for such pursuits?!!!\
Some people might argue, the casual approach many people take to driving is half the problem on the roads. This is the threat I am prepared to pay to use the roads, what are you prepared to sacrifice?
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: places to drive in Perth Mon, 06 October 2003 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't think corners on gravel roads should be taken at speed no matter the skill level of the driver or capabilities of the car. Around blind corners you never know what's coming the other way, so you can never commit 100%

I'm not having a go at anyone, I'm just stating how I feel on this matter
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: places to drive in Perth Thu, 09 October 2003 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unless its in a area thats under development they where bulding this new suberb "brighton" (bungsville) all the roads where gravel and the ones that werent where lime stone, it was wicked fun BUT there was no one out there that we could hurt but our selfs - thats the silly part doing the shit when you can T bone an innocent grannie.

think twice not rice!
Mazda626
Regular

June 2003

Re: places to drive in Perth Fri, 10 October 2003 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gtman wrote on Mon, 06 October 2003 20:48

I don't think corners on gravel roads should be taken at speed no matter the skill level of the driver or capabilities of the car.

ill pass the message onto the drivers in the WRC Championship Smile
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: places to drive in Perth Mon, 13 October 2003 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mazda626 wrote on Fri, 10 October 2003 19:39

gtman wrote on Mon, 06 October 2003 20:48

I don't think corners on gravel roads should be taken at speed no matter the skill level of the driver or capabilities of the car.

ill pass the message onto the drivers in the WRC Championship Smile

Razz
you I didn't mean them
supra R
Regular

August 2003
Re: places to drive in Perth Thu, 30 October 2003 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so can soem one organised a cruse and look aorund for the safety sopt on the open public road?

as a cheap junk i alway looking for the possible/cheaptest way doing things....

at the end of freeway(south) there are some good location around those big chemical factory...we used to be drag there
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: places to drive in Perth Thu, 30 October 2003 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good drag places would be at the back of malaga suburb all industrial and good stretches of road Very Happy

what else mmm woodvale i thinks

gnangara around theres good go to the maccas thursday night tons of cars up there waiting for drags Very Happy last time i went to the drags there some dude smashed his vl into a pole Laughing
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: places to drive in Perth Fri, 31 October 2003 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
which macers?
supra R
Regular

August 2003
Re: places to drive in Perth Fri, 31 October 2003 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chezz...dont want to miss it this time.....

well accident happens
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: places to drive in Perth Fri, 31 October 2003 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the maccas near gnangara about a five minute drive from tuart hill maccas just keep going it's near a big shopping center suburb starts with a h i think Confused
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: places to drive in Perth Fri, 31 October 2003 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok was madeley:P

Hepburn Av i think not good with direction

thursday about 8ish i thinks
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: places to drive in Perth Sat, 01 November 2003 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Tuart Hill McDonalds is notorious for cars being given yellow stickers there - the cops know whats happening and regularly rock up to "disperse" the crowds, I'd suggest posting the info will result in the same thing happening at Madeley - they read too (ask any of the Rollaboy tryhards about cops showing up to posted cruises with their yellox sticker books!!!). Sounds Like someone needs to organise a night meet down to the Kwinana Motorplex???
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: places to drive in Perth Tue, 04 November 2003 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i reckon we should go to kwinana or wannero.

wannero u get to do a burnout in front of cops
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: places to drive in Perth Tue, 04 November 2003 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For those of you interested, Grant from Per4manz Turbocharger's has told me his 120WHY drag car (SR20DET worked off it's nana's) will be given a run at Kwinana on Saturday November 8th (not confirmed, but a very good chance at the moment). I believe it will be well worth the $10 admission to see this car, especially it's progression into the 8's over time!

Must admit, I've never been to the 1/8th Mile drags at Wanneroo, what are the charges for spectators, and competitors?
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: places to drive in Perth Tue, 04 November 2003 05:09 Go to previous message
$5 for a car $10 to enter
i'll be going there in a few week when my cars running again.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WA: Motorkhana Madness Meet!
Next Topic:Canberra Celica Group (CCG) + TOYMODS - BBQ & swap-meet - 2 November 2003
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 13:02:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0073249340057373 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.