Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
strober
Regular

June 2002
holden ads Tue, 04 November 2003 12:50 Go to next message
has anyone seen the holden crewman ad? does it make any sense at all? lets see... ute chassis anchored down and force applied by rear wheels. how can a section situated infront of the driving wheels be stretched when the force there is in either neutral or compression? stupid comment but it was an equally stupid advertisment.
i can recall 3 recent holden ads where all they do is burnouts or doughies. i think the holden advertising team are probably a bunch of bogans
  Send a private message to this user    
Cressida Supra
Regular

September 2002

Re: holden ads Tue, 04 November 2003 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha, i never noticed that
good point
Shteeve
Regular

July 2002

Re: holden ads Tue, 04 November 2003 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
strober wrote on Tue, 04 November 2003 23:50

i think the holden advertising team are probably a bunch of bogans

or mabye the target demographic happens to be mostly bogans?? Rolling Eyes
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: holden ads Tue, 04 November 2003 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or maybe they aren't able to sell the car on its features and good points that are usually concentrated on.... instead its just "Fucken yeah Jimmy! Sick fucken burnout mayte!"
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: holden ads Wed, 05 November 2003 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and quit it with the damn ACDC!!! Mad Mad Mad They are the epitomy of bogan!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: holden ads Wed, 05 November 2003 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the people who buy there super power utes and cars like to see that stuff... cause its the only thing the power is good for in a commodore..
dont get me started on where the effects(such as dust and stuff) go wrong.. stupid animation
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: holden ads Wed, 05 November 2003 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah.

It's a pity. Cause I think the Ford ads are quite good, but I would rather a Holden than a Ford anyday.

GO Holden!!!!!
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: holden ads Wed, 05 November 2003 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've noticed the same thing Rolling Eyes
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: holden ads Wed, 05 November 2003 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know I aspire to spend excessive amounts of money on a commodore. NOT

The epitome of bogan is most of the blokes I work with, they aspire to spend and some have $80k + on one. They take offence nd I delight when I say "It's just a commodore" Surprised
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: holden ads Wed, 05 November 2003 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have yo noticed on the one tonner ad where the guy berrys his uts theres a huge pile of sand next to it then the guy rips it up to fill in the hole it looks back and theres no huge pile of sand its just flat Confused
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: holden ads Wed, 05 November 2003 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
burnouts bogans , and bad cars - a match made in Smithy's backshed , near the Bundy cans..

holden ads - especially commonwhore ones are typical " its a v8 lets burn rubber and do doughies "

I loved fords XR8 ute Ad - where they are just trundling along at about 20kmh - the total opposite - followed by cop cars Smile that was funny marketing
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: holden ads Wed, 05 November 2003 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Wed, 05 November 2003 12:36

You got a problem with ACDC punk? Evil or Very Mad
strober
Regular

June 2002
Re: holden ads Wed, 05 November 2003 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was there not a law passed quite recently where car commercials could not utilise aggressive driving to sell products? words like "power" and "speed" were supposed to be taboo because of this new legislation.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: holden ads Wed, 05 November 2003 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes that is correct!
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: holden ads Wed, 05 November 2003 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Wed, 05 November 2003 18:41

If there's a problem with either AC or DC, then it must be a bad earth.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: holden ads Wed, 05 November 2003 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pffftt... Ford vs Holden... it doesnt matter which you choose they are both crap.

Bloody Falcodorres....
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: holden ads Wed, 05 November 2003 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apollo wrote on Wed, 05 November 2003 22:54

Damm those bad earths!! They freaking well pop up everywhere Evil or Very Mad
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: holden ads Wed, 05 November 2003 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Wed, 05 November 2003 22:55

pffftt... Ford vs Holden... it doesnt matter which you choose they are both crap.

Bloody Falcodorres....

Yea, they're both just family shopping trollies, but my choice right now would be Ford for sure. Each and every way it shits over anything holden can manage. Any non-commonwhore owner that has had their eyes open lately would come to the same conclusion. Smile

But at the end of the day, Toyota/Lexus gets my money. Smile

Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: holden ads Wed, 05 November 2003 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Wed, 05 November 2003 22:57

Yea like this morning, my mums liberty must have had a bad earth in the flat battery that prevented it from starting. Very Happy
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: holden ads Wed, 05 November 2003 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apollo wrote on Wed, 05 November 2003 23:07

Yea like this morning, my mums liberty must have had a bad earth in the flat battery that prevented it from starting. Very Happy

I am damm sure we are having an epidemic! We should get the CSIRO involved! Or even Scully and Moulder Sad

[Updated on: Wed, 05 November 2003 13:35]

Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: holden ads Wed, 05 November 2003 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Wed, 05 November 2003 23:35

Apollo wrote on Wed, 05 November 2003 23:07

I am damm sure we are having an epidemic! We should get the CSIRO involved! Or even Scully and Moulder Sad

But then you have to watch out for those guys in the shadows that will fake a bad earth so to get you to believe it's always a bad earth. For whatever reason, I don't know, they just have nothing better to do with their time. Razz
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: holden ads Thu, 06 November 2003 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the other thing with that ad is that the holden doesnt have enough power to break through rusty old chains. the chassis stretches instead, which makes it look like the ute isnt as strong a a rusty chain!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: holden ads Thu, 06 November 2003 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigg willie style wrote on Thu, 06 November 2003 12:17

the other thing with that ad is that the holden doesnt have enough power to break through rusty old chains. the chassis stretches instead, which makes it look like the ute isnt as strong a a rusty chain!

would u ever expect a holden to be? Very Happy
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: holden ads Fri, 07 November 2003 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
re: was there not a law passed quite recently where car commercials could not utilize aggressive driving to sell products? words like "power" and "speed" were supposed to be taboo because of this new legislation.

....yes but that seems to have only applied only to "unaussie" cars (taking care to forget that holden or ford technically speaking arn;t real aussie cars, just marketed that way ie: a few parts here and there ok ok maybe they were designed here, who knows,..someones gonna have a field day on me over this one anyway back to my point...

which was, that this new legislation for advertising applying only to the "imported" car variety, ie nissan, mazda, toyota, simply as the the amount of money they spend, and the ingenuity of their ads makes pple actualy want to go and buy them, and have pple commenting about the creativity of the advert, instead of, like as we saw with the holden add, all the criticism, which true i think it deserves, holden and ford just have to get a better marketing agency, look at the hilux, u gotta luv the unbreakable adds (which held sorta tru to me, read my previous post on war stories) Toyota spend millions tell their toyota, they hire the a top advertising agency, and Hey wats this? build a strong, reliable work cab 2!

so heres to hoping ford n holden and ANY company with cheesy advertising for any product to pick up their act!
strober
Regular

June 2002
Re: holden ads Fri, 07 November 2003 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DrExTc wrote on Fri, 07 November 2003 13:37

....yes but that seems to have only applied only to "unaussie" cars

are you serious?
almost a form of racial discrimination conjured up by the australian government
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: holden ads Sat, 08 November 2003 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think fords ditch the chauffeur add is good

but maybe im biased because dad just bought one of them (fairlane G220)

im VERY picky when it comes to cars, and i must say i was impressed both by the handling and performance for such a large luxury orientated car. with 500nm of torque on tap from low down in the rev range its a very pleasant drive. the car also feels suprisingly nimble and very balanced for such a large car, it feels alot smaller and well balanced from the rear than what you would expect for its size

DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: holden ads Sat, 08 November 2003 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Re Strober....yes but that seems to have only applied only to "unaussie" cars

are you serious?
almost a form of racial discrimination conjured up by the australian government

i dont understand, are you saying the goverment IS being discrimatory against them?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: holden ads Sat, 08 November 2003 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You've hit the nail on the head, most of the other manufacturers have reluctantly removed their ads from TV but Holden and to a lesser degree Ford are able to use it...never seen stuff like that happen before.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: holden ads Sat, 08 November 2003 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Sat, 08 November 2003 20:23

You've hit the nail on the head, most of the other manufacturers have reluctantly removed their ads from TV but Holden and to a lesser degree Ford are able to use it...never seen stuff like that happen before.

cause its the only thing holden can boast about
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: holden ads Sun, 09 November 2003 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i aspire one day to own a taxi that costs 80K yes, then my life will be complete Laughing Laughing Laughing , any p-plater with a vb/h/k/l/etc will tell u that they are touch cos the cops use/d em, but then they shut up when u tell em its just a taxi, even more fitting if lpg is being used lol
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: holden ads Sun, 09 November 2003 14:42 Go to previous message
i dont understand, why would you want one that costs 80k?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:gianttomato aka daves new avatar
Next Topic:poop list
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:29:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0076148509979248 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.