Classifieds » Miscellaneous » 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH]

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Wed, 24 September 2003 14:27 Go to next message
Got a 4age 16V Bluetop for sale. You can start it etc etc...

Its coming out of my ae86, comes with complete wiring (uncut loom) + ECU everything in perfect order. Came out of a Japspec Treuno it's rated at 97++kw (not the ozzy spec 86kw). Has done 55,000 kms (from the old dash).

Everything for $1200 neg.

also have a digidash that came out of a japspec Levin asking $400 with loom, in perfect working order straight fit for your sprinter.

i wont be posting pics or anything just call me if u wanna have a look at 0412226837

thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
abhadi
Newcomer

September 2003
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Tue, 30 September 2003 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont know much about 4age engines but is this the bigport version?

Thanks
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Tue, 30 September 2003 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes it's the bluetop = bigport, redtop = smallport

it's a rwd engine from a japspec treuno

sprintin
Regular

January 2003
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Wed, 01 October 2003 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Including gearbox??? Smile
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Wed, 01 October 2003 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no sorry

it does not include the g/box
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Fri, 03 October 2003 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why so expensive? Shocked
theres another rwd bluetop for 600$ which is half the price. u could get it to wa for cheaper than the 600$ difference.

thanks
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Fri, 03 October 2003 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
call just toyota for a more reasonable price! Smile
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Fri, 03 October 2003 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ur just as bad as them. Laughing
wraith
Regular

October 2003
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Fri, 03 October 2003 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For your price you may as well save a few more bucks and buy a 20v of supercharged and convert that... I was thinking of replacing my tired 4-AC with a 16v before my SC conversion but you've put me off now. Let us know if someone buys it.
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Fri, 03 October 2003 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea will do.

so where do you guys buy your engines? Not from wreckers i supposed? or off people who know their stuff?

Anyways no pun intended, how much do you guys reckon the engine's worth ?

wraith
Regular

October 2003
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Sat, 04 October 2003 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eastern states people generally can do good deals. The Toyshop (www.japimports.com.au) have decent prices and guarantee their donk for 30 days. A FWD 4A-GE goes for about $750 (I think), so about $900 for the convenience of not having to turn the pipework around, right manifolds, that sortof thing.
wraith
Regular

October 2003
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Sat, 04 October 2003 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If anyone else is interested in this motor and needs a gearbox, I have a loosish, slightly noisy box in my sprinter, or a tight box in a AE-71. The Sprinter is definitly T-50, the wagon's box is identical from the outside but I'm not sure if its T-50 or W-50.
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Sat, 04 October 2003 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so does $900 bucks get you freight + uncut wiring loom (that can be VERY useful if you've ever done a conversion) + see it starting + drive it + compression test it + see it start cold + check for white/black/blue smoke ??

oh yea .. if there so many around (i mean RWD 4AGE's) so many can you get me ? I mean for $900 bucks shipped plus ecu is a good deal!

let me know! sorry for the sarcasm! Razz

wraith
Regular

October 2003
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Sun, 05 October 2003 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You wouldn't have posted if you didn't want opinions. In my current position, with what I have planned and my current desires, I gave my opinion. If I was in a position where I was stuck in Perth with a blown motor and no way of getting home, my opinion would change. As it is, your motor & accesories are worth around $900 to me. Maybe closer to $1000. Again, just my opinion.
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Sun, 05 October 2003 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wraith i'm not going to get into a debate with you on what my engine is worth but i hope that there are no hurt feelings at your end Smile

anyways im asking $1200 but im willing sell for $1000 cause i need money to pay for my new engine. So yea it's still for sale if anyone's interested.

btw anyone know how much it would cost to ship an engine across to the east?
SLY16V
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Sun, 05 October 2003 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arent these japspec treuno motor 97kw or something???and i thought that bigport came in red and bluetop version with slight changes????
cheers
wraith
Regular

October 2003
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Mon, 06 October 2003 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah, mate, no hard feelings meant. The whole reason we had any sort of debate is because of a shared interest, right? I think the cost of shipping varys a bit but Toyshop quoted me $200 for a front cut. Your best bet would be to go down to your local freighter (TNT or similar), explain the basic size and ask about a crate of about that size and weight. I think Toyshop and those kind of places get a discount due to the volume of stuff they ship. Hope that helps.
wraith
Regular

October 2003
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Mon, 06 October 2003 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTW, GTStar, what motor are you intending to fit?
SLY16V
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Mon, 06 October 2003 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wraith
Occasional Poster

October 2003
[add to buddy list]
[ignore all posts by this user] Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Mon, 06 October 2003 20:40

Nah, mate, no hard feelings meant

is that the answer to my questions????
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Mon, 06 October 2003 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sly16V: yea the japspec 4age is rated 97++kw
and i think bigport only came from the bluetop, the rest of the 4age's incld. 20Vs came with smaller ports

wraith: thanks for the help! yea i'm sticking another japspec 4age but it's a rebuilt!! Smile and i THINK it has stage1 cams cause it felt faster than mine, bought it from a guy who was converting to a 20V blacktop.

i'm not intending to rip the loom off my car but will sell my current engine with the loom from the new engine.

anyways wraith what have u got in your ae86 now ? or what are you intending to fit?
frank_grimes
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Mon, 06 October 2003 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I sold my 4age 97kw rwd jap engine out of my trueno about 4 months ago for $600 dollars..

uncut loom and running..
wraith
Regular

October 2003
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Wed, 08 October 2003 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My Sprinter has a sad, sorry, 310,000KM old 4A-C under the hood. It's being replaced with a 4A-GZE, complete with a Nevo 175mm pulley kit, decent front mount intercooler and maybe some "secret secret" cooling solutions. I toyed with the idea of a 20 Valve but Bill Sherwood kinda put me off of that. His page on Twin cam engines had something to say about them that was none too positive. I'm looking at spending around 10 - 12 grand on the project, including suspension (half done), panel & paint (in dire need, probably will go for "panda" 2 tone), nice mags (Watanabes), motor (that comes last, gotta be able to handle first). The main concept is to keep it "sleeper", quiet and fast. My cousin is giving me a hand (he's a plumber, and handy with an oxy torch), and we're trying to put together a web page so that other budding mechanics can have a go at a similar project. I'll post out the adress when we get that far.
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Wed, 08 October 2003 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds cool man ... keep us posted!

but im still trying to sell my engine! sigh... come on im sure someone out there is interested.
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] (price drop) $1000 Sat, 18 October 2003 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
price drop!

call me if anyone' interested
AE82Gunner
Regular

August 2002

Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Sat, 18 October 2003 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not to sure... but i remember buying a Blue Top ( big port ) from just jap in sydney. and from memory i got a 6month 25,000 or 30,000 km warranty... but i never had a problem.. the engine was something like $800 unbreakable motor. i've had to dump it in second a number of times when doing more than 130 140km/h.. great fun Smile
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Sun, 19 October 2003 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$800 ? that sounds reasonable but ae82gunner u gotta remember sydney's a totally different mkt place compared to perth. Here stuff are rare and shipping over from the east just isn't competitive.

just my 2cents

anyways im still open to offers
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Sun, 19 October 2003 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 19 October 2003 11:49]

GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Sun, 19 October 2003 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh no .. ae95 its u again Laughing

anyways out of curiosity Rolling Eyes , are you actually intending to buy this engine or start a debate?

anyways dude if ure interested my front strut brace is up for sale doesn't fit with the washer bottle on the other side have to make new mounts just can't be bothered going for cusco instead.

let me know

truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Sun, 19 October 2003 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is that strut brace for an ae86?? if it is and u do want to sell it and you will send it to adelaide consider it sold, what brand is it?? how much do u want?? n e pics?? pm me thanks
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Sun, 19 October 2003 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the cash is ready to go to your accuont or money order
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Sun, 19 October 2003 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry dude, i mean no harm
pm me the details about the strut brace

cheers
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Sun, 19 October 2003 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyways it's a JAMEX front strut brace, it bolts straight up to the 4AC but since ive converted my ae86 to a 4age, the washer bottle is on the right side instead of the left. i have to make a new bracket if i want to fit the brace. hence im selling it and buying a cusco front and rear.

i dont have pics yet but will post it up this tomorrow or something.

make me offers.
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Sun, 02 November 2003 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*bump* com'on someone must want one! Smile my engine's coming in 3 weeks time.
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Sun, 02 November 2003 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill buy ur strut brace
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Mon, 03 November 2003 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
errrm it says engine for sale?? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes hehe

yea still working on the strut brace truenosedan
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS $1000!!! Mon, 03 November 2003 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
forgot to mention price drop
$1000
sjsaman
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Wed, 05 November 2003 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would u be willing to sell for parts - if so id be intrested in the head and inlet manifold
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Wed, 05 November 2003 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nope sorry

only selling the engine as a whole Smile
FooD
Newcomer

October 2003
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Wed, 05 November 2003 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Thu, 06 November 2003 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm sent!
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Sat, 08 November 2003 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cough cough strut brace??? cough Laughing Laughing
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Sat, 08 November 2003 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey truenosedan

im still sourcing for my cusco braces before i sell mine. will update u!
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Fri, 21 November 2003 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
okay guys i THOUGHT i sold it thats why i haven't been bumping this thread. anyways new info

ill be chucking in free!!
-external fuel pump max psi 125
-clutch + flywheel about 50% left

POSSIBLY
-air filter
-exhaust manifold (if i get extractors)

call me i gotta sell this! Razz 0412226837

its basically all you need to do your ae86 conversion, just gotta make a new exhaust from the manifold.
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Fri, 21 November 2003 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yea no test pilots please! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
1bam777
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Fri, 21 November 2003 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
still waiting for your call....

Cheers.
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Sat, 22 November 2003 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry dude didnt know i had a time waster ....
crappyasstrueno
Regular

August 2002
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Sat, 22 November 2003 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dude

did you need a gearbox to go with that?????
let me know if you want...

cheers

masahiro
masahiro2000@hotmail.com
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Sat, 22 November 2003 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha

yea will let u know if i do dude.

cheers
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Sun, 23 November 2003 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Sun, 23 November 2003 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u wanna sell the spare flywheel? also when are u gonna pm me about that strut brace?

thanks Very Happy
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Sun, 23 November 2003 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
someone's got dibs on that dude. just waiting for a deposit otherwise ill pm u.

what do you want to do with a std flywheel ?? ill let u know if ive got one.
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Sun, 23 November 2003 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my flywheel is cracked
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Sun, 23 November 2003 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so how does your car drive ?
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Mon, 24 November 2003 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*bump*
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Tue, 25 November 2003 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae95: PMed you about the strut brace!
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Wed, 26 November 2003 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 4AGE 16V JAPSPEC bluetop FS -- [PERTH] Thu, 27 November 2003 03:02 Go to previous message
bump
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1ggte bits - now with pics
Next Topic:Mark 3 Supra wrecking (whole car)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 13:09:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0091190338134766 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.