Toymods » Track Talk » 3 Near Death Experiences in 2.3secs

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RolloKE25
Regular

October 2002
3 Near Death Experiences in 2.3secs Tue, 04 November 2003 08:07 Go to next message
It 2:30am on a Friday night..Cruisin down Upper Sturt Road (for those interstate, is an awesome racing road) in the Rolla (before write off) with a mate in an mx6 turbo
Im in front doing about 100km/h, we get to the really sharp corners, booting through at about 90km/h
Pulling away from the mx6 around every corner, losing some on the straights (2.2L turbz Vs. 4K 5sp., although downhill).
Get to the chicane, but can go straight if cut a little on wrong side of road. I plant it around the corner before the straight, get up to about 130km/h, hard on the brakes at the end.
(1)I got speed wobbles or something, back end kicked out at about 100km/h, took the slight right turn completely sideways. 2(2)Straight after is a sharp left, so ive kicked it around completely sideways the other way (goin about 80-90 at this stage). Drifting straight toward the guard rail on the right at about 80 i decided to spin it 180 so i wouldnt hit the guard rail. So i stomped on the brake and pulled her around to the left spun the 180 just clipping the rear bumper on the rail, and slid backwards for about 20m with brakes locked in the middle of the road.
(3)As i came to rest dead-smack in the middle of the road, the mx6 came flying around the corner straight at me at about 90 (he reckons)...Each of us moved to the right side of the road just in time...
Any one else had any close calls like this..?
  Send a private message to this user    
DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3 Near Death Experiences in 2.3secs Tue, 04 November 2003 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buy lotto tickets, lots of them !!!!!!
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 3 Near Death Experiences in 2.3secs Tue, 04 November 2003 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i tell you, some people are fucking crazy on the roads!

and some people are even crazier for telling highly illegal stories on the internet!

but bloody oath you are lucky.
CRAB-86
Regular

September 2003
Re: 3 Near Death Experiences in 2.3secs Tue, 04 November 2003 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man i Love that Rd!!! Very Happy
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 3 Near Death Experiences in 2.3secs Tue, 04 November 2003 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm nasty.

it'd be even nastier if there were police on the board Mad
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 3 Near Death Experiences in 2.3secs Wed, 05 November 2003 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wish theer were some good roads around here
how bloody lucky are ya
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 3 Near Death Experiences in 2.3secs Wed, 05 November 2003 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Woah, dude. You are one lucky guy.

Never really been in something like that. Thank God for that.
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 3 Near Death Experiences in 2.3secs Wed, 05 November 2003 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was in the car with my friend, lik an n14 pulsar or some thing...

and we are doing like 160 down this pretty large street.. 2 lanes dual carrageway so its a pretty well used road..

this is at about 11:30 and there are 2 cars sitting side by side..

some dick in the back says "TAKE THE SHOULDER"

i immediatly started grabbing wholey fuck handles as we went for the shoulder..

comming back onto the road a bit to quick and we get massive oversteer. the body roll was crazy i was fully sure we were going to roll at one stage...my friend lost it completely doing 1 and half full turns...

we ended up travelling backwards down the road... i looked thru the rear windscreen to see the tail lights of a commodore getting pretty close... then looked forward again too see headlights merging thru the massive tyre smoke cloud we had just made..

now that was hairy.. im suprized we didnt hit the median strip and die....

ended up with flat spots on all 4 tyres and everyone had brown pants.
RolloKE25
Regular

October 2002
Re: 3 Near Death Experiences in 2.3secs Wed, 05 November 2003 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im not that crazy, i had a mate at the bottom giving me the all clear, no cars coming up...wouldnt be goin anywhere near that fast otherwise..Still heaps happy all i ended up with was a little dent on my rear bumper Very Happy
LowRollaBoy
Regular

June 2002
Re: 3 Near Death Experiences in 2.3secs Thu, 06 November 2003 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hopping into the passenger seat of my mates Integra VtiR, we were all cruising up to Mt Dandy, hit devils elbow on the way up, he misjudged the corner and slammed the brakes hard, we had a convoy of 10 cars behind us slamming hard and avoiding the pileup.

Then another cruise thru Arthurs Seat i was again foolish to be passenger with my mate in the VTiR, who misjudged another sweeping right hander, locked the brakes up, spun 180.... nearly off the cliff.

I think he was just too overconfident in his abilities and car (typical honda owner thinking their car is the best handler etc etc)

Funny thing is that he has wrote off his car and bought an ITR.
I think he is taking things much easier nowadays!
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: 3 Near Death Experiences in 2.3secs Thu, 13 November 2003 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your your very lucky dude, i nearly got hit by a truck once not watching the road god damn it !
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: 3 Near Death Experiences in 2.3secs Sat, 15 November 2003 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I almost got slammed by a friggen Taxi last night...

I was down at Mona Vale just near the Mona Vale Hotel... I had turned left at a roundabout and was driving down the street looking for a parking spot... My cousin and another mate was following... So I found a spot and slowed down and turned into it... All of a sudden all i hear is a massive lockup, look out the passenger rear window to see the front end of a Falcon Taxi about 2" away from the rear bar... I shat myself... So I parked the car and got out... Looked at his lockup marks and they had to have been around 4 - 5 metres long and both wheels too Shocked Shocked Shocked ... I asked my cousin where he came from... He said "When we turned left the Taxi cut him off flying straight through the roundabout at an estimated 80 - 90kms" in a 50 zone...
I could tell that he was flying cause of the marks that he left anywayz... But if he hit me, it would've been his fault and I had three other cars with me aswell... Not to mention the other P platers that we waiting on the other side of the road...
Drew-AE86
Regular

August 2002

Re: 3 Near Death Experiences in 2.3secs Sat, 22 November 2003 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RolloKE25 wrote on Tue, 04 November 2003 18:37

...Cruisin down Upper Sturt Road (for those interstate, is an awesome racing road) in the Rolla (before write off)...

RolloKE25 wrote on Wed, 05 November 2003 23:16

Still heaps happy all i ended up with was a little dent on my rear bumper

Razz

[Updated on: Sat, 22 November 2003 14:47]

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 3 Near Death Experiences in 2.3secs Sat, 22 November 2003 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was in a 92 Excel taking three girls and my mate home. Offcourse, girls getting dropped off first. Anyway, I have been flying around all night (well, as flying as a Excel can get) so I'm in the mood for some fun. I get to some lights, but have calmed down a bit so I just take off normally. I just pass the intersection and the car on my left starts to catch up with me. At this point, the girl in the back sais "Oh, you gotta turn just there." ...right, thanks. So I flaw it to get ahead of the car on my left and cut in front of him, jump into the service lane (my destination), slam on the breaks and under full lock start sliding directly for a telegraph pole. Being just off my Ls I didn't really know what to do, but luckily the Excel stopped just short of smashing. In retrospect if I had hit nobody woulda gotten hurt at all and it would have just been some superficial damage to the car, but at the time it felt like I had almost died.

The lessons I have learned?
1. Never let a chick give you directions... ever.
2. If breaking the first rule is absolutely positively the only way to get there, then when they say "Oh, turn there!" Tell them to shut the hell up, and take the long way around. ie. U-Turn.

Sorry if I have offended any chicks, a lot of guys are really really bad at giving directions too if it makes you feel any better. Very Happy
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: 3 Near Death Experiences in 2.3secs Sun, 23 November 2003 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
start to lock, need to take of some pedal pressure. If you got the wheel sideways, straighten into the skid then turn out of it. Applying a smidgen of gas when you turn isn't a bad idea either.

What did the chicks say? Smile
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 3 Near Death Experiences in 2.3secs Sun, 23 November 2003 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not a lot. They where kinda freaked. I yelled "Fuck" at the top of my voice a few times. My mate wanted me to do it again. Heh heh. Silly boy.

P.S. The Excel had shit breaks. Like realy, they sucked so badly. I think my lancers breaks are a bit dodgy and they shit all over the old Excel's breaking power.

[Updated on: Sun, 23 November 2003 15:09]

FreaK
Regular

September 2002

icon10.gif  Re: 3 Near Death Experiences in 2.3secs Fri, 12 December 2003 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing
How many LMAO smileys you want me to put in here? hehe
I've had soooo many close calls!
"We all gonna DIIIEEEEEE" .... "hey ... we didn't! ... cool." etc.
I grew up in a farming area, glacial cut valleys all over the place, lots of wicked roads - most of which were gravel!
All through high school, I was taking ppl for rides *just* to go have a NDE or 3.
To pick one in particular? hmmm...
(and no flames about cops and babies - most of us are cool enough to PICK when and where I *hope!*)
Late entry apex ... 80MPH ... downtown London ON CAN.
There's this road, a one-way 3-lane main in London... Well one Friday night I was on this road (with a couple friends) on out motorcycles (RD350, CM400, GT500) and we were just buddy-racing light to light... sequenced lights for around 60KPH, so we'd go fast and get reds, go fast and get reds... you know! Fun!

Anyway - since you could hear us a long way off (loud bikes) we picked up other b ikes wanting to play every couple lights! By the time we were fairly East of the downtown core (right in front of the POLICE STATION I later learn) there must have been 15-20 bikes at the light... gunning engines...smoking tires ... showing off in general...

We pin it
We wheelie
We vastly exceed any speed law for any road (I was over 100MPH easy) then we get down to about 6 blocks from the start, bikes are spread out with the truly fast 100-200m in front of the group I was in!

It seems so ... predictable ... now...
The road, a half block from where all the guys were hitting the brakes, takes a 90* left, then a short block to a stoplight - all while merging from 3 lanes to about 1-and-a-half!

I had never been on this road before, but that never lowered my limits before either. hehe

so I stay on it, thinking "wimps" zip through the line of brakelights only to see, maybe 50m ahead (at over 100MPH/160KPH) nuthin but chain link fencing.
With visions of a cartoon where someone gets strained through a fence in peices flashing through my head, I do the JoeRacer Superhangoff, pound the brakes for all they got (hey - it was a '74 bike with drum rears and a single solid disk!) realize I'm late-apexing the corner in DRIFT on a BIKE and see the opposite curb rushing towards me!

God saw fit, for some reason, to grant me a do-over, since there had been added a little concrete pull-over area (half lane wide) for the City Bus to stop in!
I drifted the bike all the way in, felt the tires tap the curb, then shot out (now having turned a little more than 90) at 80MPH!
I wrestle the bike pointing straight to the road, and realise I'm VERY clost to a red light with crossing traffic.

A panic stop ensues, I make it, then did my best to look casual when I turned around to "look for the slowpokes"
I learned from my cat.

Moral - KNOW your road, or be VERY quick on the draw.
Moral 2 - never put cheap tires on ANYTHING you plan to corner hard (I run Metzler now ... just bought Me-1's for my RZ500SS)
Moral 3 - Street Racing is BAD and DANGEROUS.. don't do it.

But I *do* so enjoy the challenger lol...
FreaK
Regular

September 2002

Re: 3 Near Death Experiences in 2.3secs Sun, 14 December 2003 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn! I hope i didn't *kill this thread*! I was hoping for s'more stories!

But I think this d00d has us all beat lmFao!

Quote:

Now picture a large man on a huge black and chrome cruiser, dressed in jeans, a slightly squirrel torn t-shirt, and only one leather glove roaring at maybe 70mph and rapidly accelerating down a quiet residential street…on one wheel and with a demonic squirrel on his back. The man and the squirrel are both screaming bloody murder.

http://cuagain.manilasites.com/stories/storyReader $287

Freak
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 3 Near Death Experiences in 2.3secs Mon, 15 December 2003 00:43 Go to previous message
haha
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE82 vs 2003 dodge SRT4
Next Topic:Wierd Freaky Dude Following me!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:33:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006270170211792 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.