Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » Matt's 20v Blacktop 6 S/P Updated New Pic's..!!!!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

icon6.gif  Matt's 20v Blacktop 6 S/P Updated New Pic's..!!!!!! Sun, 12 October 2003 08:05 Go to next message
This Is My car not much to the outside done just did 20 vavle blacktop swap plus it has a sports exhuast 2 inch and a K&N Pod Filter. The AE111 Steering wheel, Cause rv and not sx Sad Dosnt have power mirrors or windows, but for what i paid is very reasonably.

Soon to be Lowered and puting new mags on so i can fit new cross ventilated disc's on and my Twin piston brakes Smile
also wanting to put in 100kw Dash if that works (maby)any one got one for sale or knows someone????

Also thinking or respraying black then like a nice off white leather all through the interior neons and shit like that as well:)

http://www.totalrpm.com/carimages/Matt20v-RjDP.jpg

http://www.totalrpm.com/carimages/Matt20v-7NvI.jpg

http://www.totalrpm.com/carimages/Matt20v-rRJr.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 20 October 2005 03:24]

Send a private message to this user    
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Matt's Seca :) It's My Baby Sun, 12 October 2003 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You have to have the pics online Matt...

Is yours an AE92 RV???

[Updated on: Sun, 12 October 2003 11:03]

Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) It's My Baby (Pic's Work Now!!) Tue, 14 October 2003 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No its An AE93 RV built in apr 94.
And no it hasnt got the filter in it is still being wired up as i am typing hopefully not to long till it goes. drove it the other day with out bonnet. had the hole of the AE111 wiring just sitting in the passanger's seat along with the speedo and steering colum so we could turn it on. bloody funny stuff i tell got some filthy looks when i was driveing to the auto electricians Smile

[Updated on: Tue, 14 October 2003 05:08]

Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic's Sun, 02 November 2003 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Finally My little car is road worthy am so happy with this engine shits all over the other one and it still isnt even at peak performance yet just a few more touch ups to it and shell be going like a rocket even the way it is i beat a vn commmador the other day hehehe go the rolla

[Updated on: Sun, 04 January 2004 07:48]

EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic's Sun, 02 November 2003 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very nice mate, hope to see you out on some cruises. Very Happy
bass_boy
Regular

May 2002
Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic's Mon, 03 November 2003 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go the blacktop..

not only will u do commos but get it tuned and nice and light and stock 180's and silvias are part of a balanced diet..
MR KE70
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic's Mon, 03 November 2003 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not bad for a p plater. how much was it. did u pay for it

mr ke70
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic's Mon, 03 November 2003 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Car = 6000
Mag's were 400 (i need new ones now they were better then hubs when i brought them though)
half cut and wireing when it was installed = 3000

installtion of engine my friend and i. got to love friends in the know.

thanks every one for the commments. Smile i cant wait till she is tuned up and ready to go i so wanna come out on these crusies with you guys and check out all ur car's.
reddy sx
Regular

November 2003
Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic's Tue, 04 November 2003 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice ride dude! gotta love that 20v, i want 1!

Looks to be in good nick! Smile

Hope to meet u on some cruises dude! Very sweeeet ride!
bass_boy
Regular

May 2002
Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic's Tue, 04 November 2003 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what gearbox do u use? also, do u wanna buy a strut brace? i have one lying here under my bed..
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic's Wed, 05 November 2003 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i only managed to get the 5 speed would have loved the six wanna try and source one later on mayby if feel it would be better.

whats a strut brace??? not the thing that goes over the engine is it???
CrusinSX
Occasional Poster

August 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic's Wed, 05 November 2003 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
strut brace dosnt go over the engine in the rolla's
looks cool but...
wouldnt know what difference it would make as the the SX comes standard with them

reddy sx
Regular

November 2003
Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic's Wed, 05 November 2003 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I gotta strut brace and yeh they dont go over the engine, they look kinda funny, but serve a purpose, i guess! Smile
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic's Wed, 05 November 2003 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I still got no idea hmmm you couldnt send me a pic hey or direct me to a page that has a pic of one on a car?????

cheers
bass_boy
Regular

May 2002
Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic's Thu, 06 November 2003 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a strut brace goes over the engine, it bolts onto the top of each suspension tower and to the rear of thw engine wall. its adds rigidity to the chassis

here, its the silver thing thats bolted to the suspension towers:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~shanej/Bass_Boy/9.JPG

i have a spare one i bought from these forums with all the bolts.

let me know if u want it..
NuGeN
Regular

April 2003
Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic's Thu, 06 November 2003 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just out of curiousity how much would you be sellin it for?
if you don't mind me asking
(the strut brace that is)

[Updated on: Thu, 06 November 2003 06:11]

bass_boy
Regular

May 2002
Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic's Thu, 06 November 2003 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
open for offers
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic's Fri, 07 November 2003 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm thought it was that.. sounds intresting hey give us a price what $20 for it
i got one sitting in the shed but it came off the AE111 halfcut so yeah its a bit out in terms of holes lining up and the one u have are u sure it will fit my model i dont want to have to start drilling holes in the firewall. and its easy to take back off again hey cause mine dont have the screws that are spot welded to the car that point out woods so u can bold on the bolts if thats how urs is held on by.

do you no what i mean????

cheers matt
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic's Fri, 07 November 2003 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also fixed my speed sensor the other night so now the computer knows whats going on ...my god does it make a diffrence the car picks up so much i got to get it lowerd cause the front end lifts to much loseing to much traction..Smile
bass_boy
Regular

May 2002
Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic's Sat, 08 November 2003 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u will need to dril the holes.. in my old csi i did anyway.. there is the gap there but the hole isnt drilled.. mine was hidden under a sticker..
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic's Sun, 09 November 2003 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nahh i wont bother i dont wnat to be drilling shit in and i dont think the metal is that think anyway so i doubt if it would hold very well or strong on the firewall anyway

tah any how

matt
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic's Sun, 09 November 2003 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UPDATE...
...just realised that the suspension setup from AE111 wasnt broken (thought strut was bent) so we are butting that in my car should kick arse cause its all that like mad sports suspension i cant wait will be puting it on tomorrow.

matt
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic's Mon, 10 November 2003 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
didnt get to use the suspension out of AE111 so stuck with normal corolla one mehh getting it lowerd and all new shocks for a 1000 bucks using king springs so hope full good then .

matt
bass_boy
Regular

May 2002
Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic's Mon, 10 November 2003 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just a question, does the bottom pulley (i think from memory its the idler pulley) rub against the plascit splash guard on the drivers side front wheel?

also, what does ur idle at?
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic's Mon, 10 November 2003 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey
no mine has plenty of clearence no rubbing,
and used to idle like 1200 but no fixed the problem and it idles at about 600 rpm why what does urs
bass_boy
Regular

May 2002
Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic's Tue, 11 November 2003 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think the sx may have different splash guards..

i idle at 1200!!!
what did u get done to get it right?
CrusinSX
Occasional Poster

August 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic's Tue, 11 November 2003 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine idels at 600rpm..
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic's Tue, 11 November 2003 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok
i got no idea about the splash guards i would have thought they were all the same.

now does ur check light come on ????
i used to have the check light come on and that was cause the speed sensor wasnt hooked up but once i got fixed that it made my idle come down to a half respectable level. but also if that aint it on the blacktops they have aload sensor on the power steering now who ever did it before they might off just left the orginal rack in the car so it wouldnt have this sensor on it now if u dont have the rack from the other car which i dont think u do there is a tube u can half close and it will lower ure idle level if u want i can take some pics on it from mine and show u this is how i had to run my car till we put the new rack in if this isnt it ill have to consolt my friend and see what eles we can come up with kk
cheers matt
bass_boy
Regular

May 2002
Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic's Tue, 11 November 2003 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thnks heaps!
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic again Wed, 12 November 2003 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got a sticker made up for the intake of the throttle bodies its no says what the silver tops say
" 4 THROTTLE" i like it anyway only cost 10 bucks
matt
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic again Wed, 12 November 2003 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James i did the pics for u
Here are two ok

Now with the one below i have marked out which tube u should close of if it has the tube on it??? just get like an 6-8mm hose clamp tigh it round and tighten till u like were the car revs to ok hope this is the problem. Smile
matt

http://www.totalrpm.com/carimages/Matt20v-0yik.jpg

this is just a bit closer thats all

http://www.totalrpm.com/carimages/Matt20v-r6pC.jpg

My tube before used to go to no where and just sit there with a clamp on it but when we put the rack in the other day it no goes to the sensor i found that i just closed mine till i got this little whistle out of it and it was perfect for when i was driveing

[Updated on: Wed, 12 November 2003 06:48]

EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic again Wed, 12 November 2003 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My silvertop idles at 1200, i have the same tube and blocked it off with a tyre valve cap Razz

But its still idles around 1200 :/
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic again Wed, 12 November 2003 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are u sure u blocked it all the way is it all in where its sposed to be cause that should be the problem unless ur speedsenser isnt working cause that adjust revs to i found out who ever tells u that the speed sensor isnt need is full of crap ok it fixed my idle problem and also helped other issues to and u can rev hard no not that i red line
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic again Wed, 12 November 2003 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea i hooked my speed sensor up, i still have this whole idle cuting out issue so its probly got somthing to do with it.
bass_boy
Regular

May 2002
Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic again Thu, 13 November 2003 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THANKS HEAPS matt.. il check it out later this arvo..

gather its best to do it on a warm engine?

Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic again Thu, 13 November 2003 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nahh i dont think it matters that much. but probably better cause then u can get it to idle where u want it when its hot.

i really hope this helps
cheers matt
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic again Thu, 20 November 2003 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey james did it work ???
bass_boy
Regular

May 2002
Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic again Thu, 20 November 2003 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
siz, i lost track of the post.. just went and gace it a crack but it didnt work.. i have open throttle bodies which may be an issue..
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic again Thu, 20 November 2003 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah maybe..that sucks it didnt work maybe you got the same problem as evil jack. were u live around cause i want to put another blacktop fule regulator on my car to see if thats the problem with my car as it has a mad flat spot if i dont make the return line of the fuel heaps tight thats what the first pic with the arrow the hose with the hose clamp is my return line if i dont put that on and i put my foot down i just loose all power till it starts to rev again a bit.
any one eles with this issue?????
NuGeN
Regular

April 2003
Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic's Sat, 22 November 2003 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bass_boy wrote on Sat, 08 November 2003 12:19

u will need to dril the holes.. in my old csi i did anyway.. there is the gap there but the hole isnt drilled.. mine was hidden under a sticker..

So was there thread when you drilled out those two holes? Or did you have to make your own thread??
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic's Sat, 22 November 2003 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey i think u have to make ur own thread but i also think the the metal is to thin if u are going to do it or try it please tells us what u come up with cause i reckon those bars look mad. cheers matt
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic again Sat, 22 November 2003 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the metal is fine and strong enough...

just get some 14mm bolts with washer and nut, mines been fine.
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic again Sun, 23 November 2003 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how did u put the bolts did u have them sticking out so that the nuts were in the engine bay??? or what did u have to get behind the metal some how to postion the bolts ????
cheers matt.

...air con in my car should be on by my formal...tuesday and also tinted windows when i come back from schoolies getting it lowered and new tyers mags and brakes:) cheers
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic again Sun, 23 November 2003 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how did u put the bolts did u have them sticking out so that the nuts were in the engine bay??? or what did u have to get behind the metal some how to postion the bolts ????
cheers matt.

...air con in my car should be on by my formal...tuesday and also tinted windows when i come back from schoolies getting it lowered and new tyres mags and brake disc's:) cheers
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic again Sun, 23 November 2003 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remove the wipers then the plastic trim along the bottom edge of the windscreen

then put the nuts behind while the bolt heads stick out in the engine bay.

http://thereisnogoon.com/eviljack/misc/bay1.jpg

you can sorta see in this picture.

[Updated on: Sun, 23 November 2003 11:05]

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic again Mon, 24 November 2003 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What a shitty engine bay... God that strut brace looks shitty... And look at the dodgy work with the ballast resistor and the coolant temp sensor!!!

Razz Razz Razz ... Just jokes Andrew, but you know it's gay Smile Smile Smile ...
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic again Mon, 24 November 2003 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey james
u still wanna sell that sway bar ill buy it if not too much. how much u want for it?????
matt

dont worrie bout rolla boy it aint gay i got that crappy thing to dam it Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 24 November 2003 07:17]

EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic again Mon, 24 November 2003 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it works Cool
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic again Tue, 25 November 2003 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehehe... I spose thats all that matters aye Andy???
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic again Tue, 25 November 2003 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehehe... I spose thats all that matters aye Andy???
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic again Tue, 25 November 2003 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats right as long as it dont over heat, itll be cool going down to nowra thursday for a week i think, hope to find some rollas i can leave tread marks all over Smile
bass_boy
Regular

May 2002
Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic again Wed, 26 November 2003 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a buyer offering $45... plus postage..

maybe $50 and its urs?
NuGeN
Regular

April 2003
Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic again Sun, 30 November 2003 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EvilJack wrote on Sun, 23 November 2003 21:34

Remove the wipers then the plastic trim along the bottom edge of the windscreen

then put the nuts behind while the bolt heads stick out in the engine bay.

http://thereisnogoon.com/eviljack/misc/bay1.jpg

you can sorta see in this picture.

is it possible to just remove the plastic trim along the bottom edge of the windscreen and remove the piece of metal that block up the holes? I feel uneasy drilling my car...
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic again Sun, 30 November 2003 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nup. Cool

actualy i take that back, you can remove it by drilling it Razz

the holes are basicly there, the metal is very thin.

it doesnt do any harm

[Updated on: Sun, 30 November 2003 05:57]

Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic again Sun, 07 December 2003 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm i dont think i will bother with it for the moment as i need to save for the rest of the stuff for my car by the end of january it will have new wheels on it and lowered plus my new brakes which i found out the i can stuff written in so i am gonna get 20 vavle written in them Smile should look sick. any one seen any nice mags that they think will suit my rolla ???

cheers.
NuGeN
Regular

April 2003
Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic again Tue, 09 December 2003 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is your speed sensor hooked up to your standard rv dash??
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic again Wed, 10 December 2003 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yepa sure is now figurd that out before do u no how to do it????? cause it really is heaps easy and it makes a diffrence.
cheers matt
what car u got????
NuGeN
Regular

April 2003
Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic again Wed, 10 December 2003 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just a normal corolla csi... I wanna buy a SX/GTi instrument cluster but can't seem to find one anywhere. So I might just settle for 1 from an rv corolla. I was asking about the speed sensor for future sake...
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic again Thu, 11 December 2003 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i wnat one to i love those 100 kw dash. the rv dash aint anything special its only got the normal stuff dude if u find a dash some where tell us and i will tell u k cause i really want one.
matt
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Matt's Seca :) 20v Blacktop New Pic again Wed, 31 December 2003 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Well here we are things are starting to happen quicker then expected got my new mags and tyres
195/50/15 formula 1 dunlops
with csa pursuit 15inch rims
i like what we all think ???

http://www.totalrpm.com/carimages/Matt20v-Fi0c.jpg
http://www.totalrpm.com/carimages/Matt20v-nU53.jpg

i love the tread pattern on my tyres also got the bottom part of the car were it used to be black got it painted same as car looks so much nicer.Lowering and alarm and air con should all be finished my next month yay.Also took of the 1.8 litre sign and the rv removing weather sheild next.

cheers

Also i found this site last night its good in looking at other toyota's found out that blacktop 5 speeds were the only ones to come out with the superstrut suspension then it went into 6 speeds who didn't get it and also the AE101 came out with silver tops and superstrut suspension so who ever has that car could prob just bolt on superstrut suspension no probs:)

http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/toyota/

[Updated on: Wed, 10 March 2004 23:05]

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:She's comin up trump!
Next Topic:Adam_Rolla's SX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 10 07:27:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.074898958206177 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.