Toymods » General Car Talk » Finally my Echo with a new mod

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Bandit
Regular

May 2002
icon10.gif  Finally my Echo with a new mod Sun, 02 November 2003 09:13 Go to next message
Cool Ok so its not much but i have removed to old air duct pipe from the bottom of the box and found a great big flow restriction.....
The whole at the base of the air box is 70mm in diameter while the front of the original hose was only around 20 to 30mm in diameter.....
I decided to fix this problem by visiting Total Trucks in Penrith and picked up a metre of 70mm induction piping hehehe......
Although there might not be much but there is definate power gain....
To finsh it off all i need is a TRD air filter so if anyone can get one fairly cheap let me now please...

[Updated on: Sun, 02 November 2003 10:21]

Send a private message to this user    
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Finally my Echo with a new mod Sun, 02 November 2003 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can't link pictures off your harddrive like that , you will either need to attach them or host them on the net.
Bandit
Regular

May 2002
Re: Finally my Echo with a new mod Sun, 02 November 2003 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks diz... so how do you attach them
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Finally my Echo with a new mod Sun, 02 November 2003 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I take it back , you can only display images from the net.
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Finally my Echo with a new mod Sun, 02 November 2003 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bandit...... just get a K&N panel filter man.... they are pretty good.... forget about the TRD.

BTW is the TRD reusable like the K&N??
Bandit
Regular

May 2002
Re: Finally my Echo with a new mod Mon, 03 November 2003 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i found out today that Trd is reusable and i cant get a k&n as they dont make them ive already looked
Bandit
Regular

May 2002
Re: Finally my Echo with a new mod Mon, 03 November 2003 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DOH! K&N do make a filter
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Finally my Echo with a new mod Tue, 04 November 2003 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bandit wrote on Mon, 03 November 2003 20:33

DOH! K&N do make a filter

You should really learn to trust me! Smile
I'm probably the only other toymodder that likes Echos.... appart from Koffee's G/F!

Make sure you get some nice cold air to it.... ie. buy some nice silicone piping from like Revolution or some place like that... and try to get it in the best position you can.....

And glad you didn't go POD.... people underestimate how well tuned the stock pipe and airbox really is from the factory...

[Updated on: Tue, 04 November 2003 07:34]

Bandit
Regular

May 2002
Re: Finally my Echo with a new mod Thu, 06 November 2003 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DUDE I GOT SOME PIPING FROM A TRUCK PLACE WORKS A TREAT
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Finally my Echo with a new mod Thu, 06 November 2003 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok let me tell you what's up Smile

I had a K&N panel with some CAI piping from the front bar. Was great.

then I took it off to fiberglass up the cai-airbox connection properly and have stuck a pod filter on for now.

NOT AS GOOD! CAI + Sealed box > pod + kinda cold air pipe in the general direction.

now I IMAGINE that if you could seal off the pod you would have increased response, but the CAI into the box with the panel was great! very noticabley better than the pod filter I have now.

so there you have it Razz

l8rs dudes - Rob
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Finally my Echo with a new mod Thu, 06 November 2003 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bandit wrote on Thu, 06 November 2003 11:49

DUDE I GOT SOME PIPING FROM A TRUCK PLACE WORKS A TREAT

DOH soz man.... didn't see that in your first post!@
-blown20v-
Regular

January 2003
Re: Finally my Echo with a new mod Thu, 06 November 2003 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey bandit dude.. i went to penrith toyota to price a TRD panel filter, they had a TOM'S one there instead worked out to be about 15 dollars cheaper then a k&n filter and yes it is fully reusable and its made by toyota.. even better Laughing Razz
Bandit
Regular

May 2002
Re: Finally my Echo with a new mod Fri, 07 November 2003 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SWEET DUDE THANKS
-blown20v-
Regular

January 2003
Re: Finally my Echo with a new mod Fri, 07 November 2003 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its ok dude.. i love goin window shoppin at penrtih toyota.. so many goodies...
hey u live in cranebrook now.. there ya go... you might see me drivin round penrith sumtimes... just give me a toot... im easy to find red seca with smashed front( not for long Very Happy )
Bandit
Regular

May 2002
Re: Finally my Echo with a new mod Sat, 08 November 2003 05:06 Go to previous message
dude went down to penrith toyota this morning and picked me up a TOM'S air filter..the bloke behind the counter was kewl...helped out a lot....i also picked up a price list for the booster bodykits as well.......hopefully i'll cya around cant miss my car bright blue with BAN-61T plates and BANDIT in gold on the back window
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Camry - what has what?
Next Topic:this cant be right?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 22:49:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055789947509766 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.