Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Curfew for young drivers?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Curfew for young drivers? Thu, 06 November 2003 11:05 Go to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 22 February 2004 09:17]

Send a private message to this user    
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Curfew for young drivers? Thu, 06 November 2003 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its about time they did something about those hoons!
CrusinSX
Occasional Poster

August 2003

Re: Curfew for young drivers? Thu, 06 November 2003 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its total B/S if u ask me!
taking p platers off the road is just stupid!
what if people work night shifts and NEED to drive
or there is an emergency and u NEED to drive...
the NRMA can kiss my ass!!!!
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Curfew for young drivers? Thu, 06 November 2003 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 22 February 2004 09:19]

Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Curfew for young drivers? Thu, 06 November 2003 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's a fucken great idea. after accdently going round the block in the city trying to pick up my g/f in the city and sitting in traffic with 101 P plater tools going up and down george street it's fucken ridiculous.

but seriously. they do this in a few states in america(have friends who are just now allowed to drive at night), worked wonders to reduce road tolls. I persoanlly think there should be some form of extra handicap placed on p platers similar to bike riders ie power to weight laws etc.

edit: didnt actually read the article which mentions the states of america

[Updated on: Thu, 06 November 2003 12:11]

Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Curfew for young drivers? Thu, 06 November 2003 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also anyone who diasagrees with me is most likely not mature enought to look at this from a constructive view.

Novice drivers
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Curfew for young drivers? Thu, 06 November 2003 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bugman wrote on Thu, 06 November 2003 23:12

also anyone who diasagrees with me is most likely not mature enought to look at this from a constructive view.

Novice drivers

why not just say "I'm right. anyone who disagrees is stupid and has a small penis" - it's about as correct :\

yes I see the benefits, but I also see the problems.
I've had an accident or two in my time, but the number of times 60+ year olds have nearly killed me on the road far outweighs the number of times p-platers or myself have nearly killed me.

I dont so much mind the fri-sat curfew (although I can forsee a lot of problems, even if they do allow driving to and from work, which I assume they would) - but I'd also like to see mandatory re-testing of people over 70, once every 3 years or some such.

also lower fines for things like 0-30 speeding, etc - but big fines/car confiscation for driving unlisenced. not to mention a few hundred other changes.

just funny how only the changes targetting young people (who for the large amount dont vote) always get passed, and make the older people (who do vote) very happy.... but the old people who vote have so few restrictions put on them.

maybe I'm just cynical

although I do admit L and P platers should have the restrictions - I'd just like to see more done in other areas too
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Curfew for young drivers? Thu, 06 November 2003 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have no comment in this...i'm 21 and been a non P plater for 2 years already..this rule is very subjective....people who have had bad experience with P platers would wanna keep them off the road on weekends while those goodie P platers are being targeted even tho they drive carefully..

i get annoyed as well during the weekends to see some RICERBOY wannabe around with their cars and drive like Micheal Shoemaker....sometimes i just wished they get pull over by cops..

but in the other hand..everyone has to become a P plater before they become an experience driver..

btw..i learn my lesson by my 2 mates reckless driving which cause 2 accidents in Malaysia...from that first accident..i started appreciating my life more than ever...but some noobs never did learn how to spell DIE.

2 cents
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Curfew for young drivers? Thu, 06 November 2003 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah lets take any chances of P platers getting experience away by giving them a curfew because they are not experienced enough Rolling Eyes
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Curfew for young drivers? Thu, 06 November 2003 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 22 February 2004 09:20]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Curfew for young drivers? Thu, 06 November 2003 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got an idea?, why dont they just make it that you have to be 35 before you can get your L's? or better yet, have mandatory leg breakings of anyone under the age of 21 every month to stop them from driving Laughing
sucks to be in nsw Razz....

[Updated on: Thu, 06 November 2003 13:17]

Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Curfew for young drivers? Thu, 06 November 2003 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 22 February 2004 09:25]

VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: Curfew for young drivers? Thu, 06 November 2003 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing guys proposals such as these are printed all the time... i wouldn't worry about it... it never gets passed because of the implications it can cause...
even tho its stupid... its also impracticle so it will never happen...

peace
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Curfew for young drivers? Thu, 06 November 2003 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's ok
great minds think alike Smile
clancey
Regular

July 2002
Re: Curfew for young drivers? Thu, 06 November 2003 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Everyone has the potential to be an idiot on the road, it depends on a lot of factors, mood, ability, sleep deprivation, etc. The government should be more concerned about driver education.

If P platers are apparently so dangerous why are they still eligible for a licence.

If the they were really serious about young driver safety they should make defensive driver training and the like manditory during the learning process to give P platers the best possible start on the road, rather than the rudementary experience most P drivers have under their belt. I know for a fact that my driving ability was pretty crap when i first got my licence.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Curfew for young drivers? Thu, 06 November 2003 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree
a drivers lisence should not be a right (which it basically is these days), it should be a privellege. make the test a lot harder. Make it harder to get someone to sit in for you (this happens more than you people might imagine - I've seen the newly "lisenced" drivers learning to drive up and down my street)

bah - a million ideas, but the beurocracy of the RTA will only ever implement the ones that get votes or make money

edit: damn I'm a cynical bastard tonight Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 06 November 2003 13:28]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Curfew for young drivers? Thu, 06 November 2003 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i find most of sydneys drivers to be fucking useless tailgating fucks

can we have a law that prevents tailgaters from driving cars from the hours of 7am-9pm

??
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Curfew for young drivers? Thu, 06 November 2003 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 22 February 2004 09:26]

clancey
Regular

July 2002
Re: Curfew for young drivers? Thu, 06 November 2003 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

i find most of sydneys drivers to be fucking useless tailgating fucks

can we have a law that prevents tailgaters from driving cars from the hours of 7am-9pm

If only, then all we would have to do is make it illegal to put mugen badges on civics Smile

Edit: Inserted nice little quote Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 06 November 2003 13:34]

alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Curfew for young drivers? Thu, 06 November 2003 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i agree with some aspects of this thread,
i got my l's just before i turned 18.
in the ACT you hold ur P' plates for 3 years

im now almost 21, and im still a P'plater.

I think that for sure P platers should be power restricted...

i know of a guy who went to my school who had a 1j soarer... and killed both him and his girl friend... i dont believe this would have happened if some form or power restriction had been in effect at the time...

but i know for certain that people can kill them selves and/or other road going users in a very under powered mode of transport...

I do believe that traffic infringments like neg driving should hold higher punnishments for P platers. like cancelled license... confiscate the car... what ever.

if ur busted going more than 20 over the limit you should be punnished harder...
EVERYONE should have some form of insurance...
EVERYONE should be stung hard for speeding in school zones!!!

but a curfew i think is a bit extreme...

i mean... they tell you to drive and get experience driving in all sorts of conditions...

i dunno...
im sure there are better ways to keep the younger road tolls down, other than taking away the right to use the road...

/end rant
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Curfew for young drivers? Thu, 06 November 2003 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 22 February 2004 09:27]

alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Curfew for young drivers? Thu, 06 November 2003 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im glad someone else thinks the same way...

maybe we could start the toymods pollitcal party....

Smile
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Curfew for young drivers? Thu, 06 November 2003 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Conquest wrote on Fri, 07 November 2003 00:41

alwaysRA23 wrote on Fri, 07 November 2003 00:35

EVERYONE should have some form of insurance...
EVERYONE should be stung hard for speeding in school zones!!!

but a curfew i think is a bit extreme...

Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!

CTP(greenslip) is our compusory insurance.

The proposal is based on research conducted in the United States and is included in the NRMA Review of Novice Driver Road Safety Programs.

Did ne1 else see this part. And i have to agree that there would be alot of problems if there was a curfew. Ppl that work late and are young wouldn't be able to work as late ne more. I finished work at midnight last night and start work at midnight 3 times a week, i am only 20, this would mean that i wouldn't be able to work nemore with out relying on public transport.

But i do have to agree with L and P platers to be limited to a power to weight ratio, like with bikes. And also engine size would also be a good one, i got mates still on their p's driving around in V8's up to 5.7L.

But thats just my 5 cents.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Curfew for young drivers? Thu, 06 November 2003 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sif insurance.. i got my CTP and thats it.. When i get the conversion of a 1jz into my gz10 i might get some third party + fire and theft(ha!, we can get it in qld Twisted Evil) hehe
power to weight I personally think is a bad idea cause i want my conversion now
180rwkw into 1200kg
I dont drive like an idiot most of the time though.. and i would never put anyone bar myself in danger.. most of the time I just cruise along..
I think defensive driving courses should be mandatory.. cause i wanna do one anyway...
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Curfew for young drivers? Thu, 06 November 2003 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Fri, 07 November 2003 00:28

I agree
a drivers lisence should not be a right (which it basically is these days), it should be a privellege. make the test a lot harder. Make it harder to get someone to sit in for you (this happens more than you people might imagine - I've seen the newly "lisenced" drivers learning to drive up and down my street)

bah - a million ideas, but the beurocracy of the RTA will only ever implement the ones that get votes or make money

edit: damn I'm a cynical bastard tonight Smile

As i see it, the only basic flaw in your proposals is that they assume that the Govt/RTA is actually interested in safety...

For those who might protest, consider this:

How much better drivers would we see around the place if all the money raked in by speed cameras (a "safety" device Rolling Eyes ) was plowed into proper driver education....? Of course, that would reek of common sense. Instead, lets pay 6-figure salaries to talking heads so that they can pontificate about what's good for us, as we can't think for ourselves! Mad

/endeth rant.

[edit] Can't spell check own posts! Mad

[Updated on: Fri, 07 November 2003 00:10]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Curfew for young drivers? Thu, 06 November 2003 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that would be smart.. but why do that when they can have big christmas parties
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Curfew for young drivers? Thu, 06 November 2003 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
exactly
huge boost to driver's education.
make the test a LOT harder (unless you're narcoleptic, you will eventually pass the current test, if only by good luck).

for the people who dont pass, either simply dont give them a lisence (that would get more cars off the road, and solve a lot of the govts problems with overcrowing, etc).

OR

make the display a permentant plate, like "R" for restricted lisence or something. speed limited, points limited. my only problem with this second idea is that most of the idiots on the road out there have no ability to drive during daylight hours in a 60 zone. they just du silly things like turn in front of oncoming traffic, change lanes into people, then look UP out of their windscreen when they hear a screech of tires and blaring horn.

screw the rta, and screw all the crappy drivers out there

/rant

edit: norti words

[Updated on: Thu, 06 November 2003 22:50]

alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Curfew for young drivers? Fri, 07 November 2003 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was there a rule that said NSW p platers cant do more than 80 km???

like on the free way and shit???
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Curfew for young drivers? Fri, 07 November 2003 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WTF? Are we all turning into responsible drivers? Shocked
We can't have this coming from a car club!! We're supposed to be the hoons. Laughing
Having read all of this, must say I don't disagree with anybody's comments.
Having had a bit of a bad history, combined with 60000 - 80000km per year driving, means I've picked up a few things along the way.
And better driver education when I got my licence would have helped get that sooner.
Best thing I ever did was a defensive driving course.
If you've ever (or never) thought about doing one, try it out.
You get to hoons around on a skid pan, drive at high speed, & if you pick the right course, its all in someone else's car.
I've had more accidents than I can count on both hands, but I used the same method to count the ones I've avoided, I'd have lost my shoes & pants a long time ago. Laughing

The driving test is too easy!!
And losing your licence on your P's is a pain in the butt, especially with the 3 years.
I didn't get my open licence till I was 24 coz I lost my P's with 2 months to go. Mad
And what for, booked twice within 12 months for 0-15km/h over the limit.

I know we get a lot of posts on this webiste per month, but how many people are doing that?
Maybe we could start a petition or something?

alwaysRA23, that rule has changed. P can do 90km/h, P can do 100, last year of P's don't need plate & no restrictions (NSW only)
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon4.gif  Re: Curfew for young drivers? Fri, 07 November 2003 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This will get rid of most opportunities for young drivers to get experience. This is a short term solution that will work great, but then in a few years, the 18-25 group will just become the 18-30 group as more drivers get their driving experience later.

Stupid idea to me. P platers annoy the crap out of me, but the solution is in education, not in disallowing people to drive!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Curfew for young drivers? Fri, 07 November 2003 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love the speed restrictions nsw p platers have
my mates and i were coming to from my dads in nsw to qld
he(nsw red p plater) left about 20 mins before me.. about half way there i past him going 115(speed limit is 110) while he was goin ninety and beat him home by AGES
lol
i fuckin hate the speed beep my car makes over 105.. must remember to cut it out
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Curfew for young drivers? Fri, 07 November 2003 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think its fckn hipacritical, why not stop everyone driving on the weekends? Its more likely that the older people eg 20 - 40 will drink drive because its an ozzie traditon to have the friday arvo brew /go out get pissed and do the old its just round the corner.

not only is it drink driving but i have seen/ no so many hoons in there late 20s /30's how does the goverment think most of these boy racers get there cars (mummy & daddy) i am not on my p's anymore but think its fkn joke, i have 3 mates who are chefs and theyd b fkd if they could drive on friday/saturday night (its the busyist nights for a restruant) how they going to get home if the finish at 11/12 o clock?

They should stop wasting money on the politicans who think up these stupid ideas and get more police presence on the road (not that id want that) but if they really want people to slow down get copps at all of the hang outs for ricers and i can gurantte it will slow people down whats the first thing you do when you see a cop?

BRAKE
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Curfew for young drivers? Fri, 07 November 2003 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

The motoring group today asked the NSW government to investigate whether measures preventing L- and P-plate drivers from driving on Friday and Saturday nights would reduce young driver deaths.

ROFL Laughing This 'law' has to be the most ridiculous crap I have ever read. They are SOOOO clever wherever they make laws. You know perhaps if they stopped L and P plate drivers driving at ALL then they could stop them dying from road accidents altogether!

lol, it is like saying, "speed was a factor in the accident", or reeeeeely foo?! like if they were stopped it woudln't happen at all?

comone flame me I dare you Razz
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Curfew for young drivers? Fri, 07 November 2003 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 22 February 2004 09:33]

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon14.gif  Re: Curfew for young drivers? Fri, 07 November 2003 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Send them here... Smile

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=23040
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Curfew for young drivers? Fri, 07 November 2003 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 22 February 2004 09:28]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Curfew for young drivers? Fri, 07 November 2003 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agreed
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Curfew for young drivers? Fri, 07 November 2003 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Conquest wrote on Fri, 07 November 2003 14:20

Jag7799 wrote on Fri, 07 November 2003 02:45

sif insurance.. i got my CTP and thats it..

Just had to make one further point. Yeah we all have our CTP greenslip (assuming your car is registered) But! if you've ever tried to recoup costs from someone who is not insured for property damage then you'll know it's not much fun... 3PP should be a minimum...

Also agreed.

For the record, anyone who damages my property whilst uninsured can expect to be sued for everything required to recover the damages... Mad

[edit:] Bloody spell-checker! Mad *mumble mumble*

[Updated on: Fri, 07 November 2003 04:58]

dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
icon9.gif  Re: Curfew for young drivers? Fri, 07 November 2003 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is the biggest load of BULLSH!T i've ever heard about. I got my P's when i turned 17 and have had them for 6months with no convictions...coz i'd rather drive properly and keep my license.
If they ban us from driving then people will take off their P's and keep driving and hope not to get caught!!!
I agree with some of you...where they should restrict the type of car for P platers, coz i've got mates in WRX's, EVO's etc. I currently own a Supra and Corolla AE82 which is good enough to get you from A to B. Especially if you work like me on friday nights and need to drive around.

Everyone that thinks solving the problem involves taking P platers off the road is naive and FU*ED up in the head coz there are idiots on P platers just like idiots in their 30's and 40's...why dont they ban veryone from driving on Friday and Saturday nights!!!

Total Bullsh!t if oyu ask me
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Curfew for young drivers? Fri, 07 November 2003 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aparently this was brought up by the NRMA in 1996... It never passed then and It'll never pass now... There are way too many loop holes for it to pass...

The way I see it is that it's the old ppl in parlement vs a section of under 25's that drive like nut cases...

I've been involved in 5 accidents...
1 - A lady, 40 years old attempted a three point turn without watching the road... BANG... Me in the side of her... HER FAULT...
2 - A dude, 50 years hits my car with his Semi as he didn't see me... Mustnt've been looking too hard at the road...
3 - A dude, 50 years hits me up the ass - not concentrating...
4 - A lady, 40 years hits me up the ass in traffic even with ABS - not concentrating...
5 - A dude, 21 years hits me up the ass - not concentrating...

5 Accidents... None my fault... Why am I being a P plater being punished for this??? Because there are a selected few of drivers under the age of 25 years that drive Zillars or Rexies... I believe that L and P platers should be limited to smaller power cars and should have to take harder tests... I passed my P's test by driving for 5 mins, using my blinkers properly, doing a three point turn and parking... How do they know that I am a safe driver by that???

I have never had a conviction against my name either... So why should I be punished...

I don't get the passenger restriction either... What if I needed to pick up my little brothers that say might be 10 years old... I had to pick both of them up from school one afternoon... Would I have to get one, take him home and then go back for the other one and have him wait there for another 1/2 hour??? Or what if I had to get my drunk parents from the pub or a resturant??? Say there was no public transport and they had no money for a taxi??? How would I get them??? That idea is pretty stoopid aswell... Whats bad about having passengers in the car??? More ppl to kill??? How would I kill them if I obey all the rules and drive a Corolla for fucks sake...

I belive that all they need to do is to ban high powered cars from the younger drivers and see how that goes... Enforce higher fines for dangerous driving practises for burnouts and so forth... Make it instant loss of license for dangerous practices...

And this shit about making regular stops to younger drivers to check vehicles??? How would that be a new practice??? They already do that now and hassle young people... Why not pull up older fuckwits that have no idea how to drive... They have most likely forgotten how to use a blinker or stay in their own lane or how to drive... Pull them over instead of seeing a P plate and targeting them... What are they gunna get out of pulling up a car just cause it has a P plate???

And I get pulled over all the time so they can ask me what Im doing and where I'm going... Where do they get off asking me that??? Mind your own business... Maybe next time I should ask them what they are doing later on and where are they gunna go and see what they say to me... And they way that I get spoken to by younger smart ass coppers is just plain rude... One day I'm gunna have the shits and lose it at them... I'll simply then ask for their badge number and complain about them... They have absolutely no right to ask me what I'm doing tonight and they have no right to speak with a tone or be rude...

So thats my 2 or 10 cents worth...

Get your act together coppers... Work out the actual problem and then fix that... Dont target younger drivers just for the hell of it...

AND I AM RIGHT... I KNOW THAT I AM RIGHT...

I hope a copper reads this... Cause then he'll realise, shit people know what we are doing now... Maybe we'll have to stop corrupting people and act as a true police officer should... Stop crime and illegal activites... Not monitor P platers and see what their up to every night... So to all you asshole cops, I give you the salute Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ...
Miss 22
Regular

May 2003
Re: Curfew for young drivers? Fri, 07 November 2003 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if this curfew does come in, it wont actually stop P platers driving on the road, it will just increase the P platers that drive without their P plates on. As of now there are heaps of P platers driving without plates because of how cops target them, its a stupid idea anyways, and they wont let i pass (i hope) because it is S.T.U.P.I.D!!!!!!!!
MEL
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
icon4.gif  Re: Curfew for young drivers? Fri, 07 November 2003 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's the way Rolla Boy...

They should make you do an advanced driving course or something and show videos of what can happen if you drive like a nutcase instead of looking if you know how to use a blinker or do a hillstart!!!

I've seen loads of old people change lanes into a car that's driving in their blind spot and nearly hit the poor bastard.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Curfew for young drivers? Fri, 07 November 2003 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alot of you were quoting me before about my saying I only have ctp and arent getting 3pp
I dont intent to hit anyone.. i dont drive dangerously to hit anyone and in the case i did I would go out of my way to pay them back no matter what.. i wouldnt ever leave anyone stranded.. and I will get insurance.. later
in 2 months maybe lol
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Curfew for young drivers? Fri, 07 November 2003 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Fri, 07 November 2003 21:20

alot of you were quoting me before about my saying I only have ctp and arent getting 3pp
I dont intent to hit anyone.. i dont drive dangerously to hit anyone and in the case i did I would go out of my way to pay them back no matter what.. i wouldnt ever leave anyone stranded.. and I will get insurance.. later
in 2 months maybe lol

I hate CTP. I really want them to make it a rated system like comprehensive is. $580 for my rego for a 4 cylinder in two weeks. Damn thieves. Makes me wonder why we even bother with 4's anymore...... Sorry any greenies here, but my next car will be a V8 (1uzfe).

As for 3PP/comprehensive, doesn't matter, thier insurance company will chase you for money anyway, just like my mums insurance company will chase the people in the new lexus altezza that ran up her arse that said they wern't insured. Smile

As for the topic, yes, make the license harder to get, and easily taken away.

And for experience, do what the rest of us do and deliver pizzas for a couple of years.

What they really need to curfew is school kids to reduce crime. Think about 99% of the people that break into your cars amongst other things. But I know it won't happen.
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Curfew for young drivers? Sat, 08 November 2003 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 22 February 2004 09:29]

Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Curfew for young drivers? Sat, 08 November 2003 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, a very interesting thread here,

basic jist of it all: ban all L/P platers cause they are the cause for everything that happens on the road.

in my line of work i sometimes have to take over the driving duties for someone whos away, i.e. 8 hours straight of driving, in the last week of doing this i have come back to work after my last delivery so fucking angry i wanna kill the forst prick i see, just because of the hoard of mindless fucks on the road.
all these idiots who just blatently dont know the road rules of give a rats ass.
like morons who turn left from the inside lane of round abouts and do full 180's from the outside lane.
i was doing 75 {maybe close to 80} in a 70 zone the other day {2 lanes} and came up behind a 2 old farts in separate cars doing like doing like 50 or so {old-man voice: "i'm driving slower cause it safer"} so i passed both of 'em and the moved in front {keep left law} of the first one , maybe 5m in front, i was going may be 20-30k faster than him, he slams on the brakes and the other old fart nearly slames him up the ass, the first old cunt then sees my works number on the back of the ute, calls my boss and starts screaming at him that im a crazy man swerving in and out and made him almost crash ect ect.

i then get reamed by my boss for driving like a fuck wit

i have been saying for a long time to retest ppl as they get older, but fuck 60 or 70 get 'em in at 40, i would have no problems taking another test every 3 years. but it have to be a written or else the cost would blow out and ppl would demand the government to pay for it, ect ect ect

my wifes parents dont know shit when it comes to road rules, her mother doesnt pull to the left side of the road wwhen turning down a street, she says the reason the line is there is for bike ppl, so instead she slows to 20k to take the corner {all the while holding up traffic}
she refuses to let us in the car with her now as she has 3 ppl inthe back {all having only had their licences for 2-4yrs, me, her daughter and son} yelling at her all the things she does wrong, which is everything.

i'd like to see a pollie take a driving lesson, he'd kill every cunt on the road.

maybe they should implement a cubes rule for different ages,

i.e.
first year up to 2000cc or 1300cc boosted
2nd year 2500cc or 1900cc boosted
3rd year 4000cc or 3000cc boosted
and when get off your p's u have whatever u want

problem being is that all the bogans wouldnt be able to have their falcons or dores. Laughing

saying that my mum saw gonna buy me a 351 powered XA as my first car but i didnt' want something like that YET

i would also like to see a revhead political party, fighting for all the injustices us "hoons" have to put up with.

those footy loving cocks in politics can spend $400,000,000 on a freaking footy feild {suncorp stadium in brissie}, why dont they build a specific motoring complex out the back of the coast somewhere for ppl to have races/burouts/drifting, sure as shit that wouldnt cost 400 mil Confused

after all this my mate had a 200b when he left school, we all went for a drive and he nearly killed us all by putting it into a powerpole while drifting Shocked

so in summary: fuck off NRMA

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Curfew for young drivers? Sat, 08 November 2003 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
philmelvin wrote on Sat, 08 November 2003 19:08

well, a very interesting thread here,

basic jist of it all: ban all L/P platers cause they are the cause for everything that happens on the road.

in my line of work i sometimes have to take over the driving duties for someone whos away, i.e. 8 hours straight of driving, in the last week of doing this i have come back to work after my last delivery so fucking angry i wanna kill the forst prick i see, just because of the hoard of mindless fucks on the road.
all these idiots who just blatently dont know the road rules of give a rats ass.
like morons who turn left from the inside lane of round abouts and do full 180's from the outside lane.
i was doing 75 {maybe close to 80} in a 70 zone the other day {2 lanes} and came up behind a 2 old farts in separate cars doing like doing like 50 or so {old-man voice: "i'm driving slower cause it safer"} so i passed both of 'em and the moved in front {keep left law} of the first one , maybe 5m in front, i was going may be 20-30k faster than him, he slams on the brakes and the other old fart nearly slames him up the ass, the first old cunt then sees my works number on the back of the ute, calls my boss and starts screaming at him that im a crazy man swerving in and out and made him almost crash ect ect.

i then get reamed by my boss for driving like a fuck wit

i have been saying for a long time to retest ppl as they get older, but fuck 60 or 70 get 'em in at 40, i would have no problems taking another test every 3 years. but it have to be a written or else the cost would blow out and ppl would demand the government to pay for it, ect ect ect

my wifes parents dont know shit when it comes to road rules, her mother doesnt pull to the left side of the road wwhen turning down a street, she says the reason the line is there is for bike ppl, so instead she slows to 20k to take the corner {all the while holding up traffic}
she refuses to let us in the car with her now as she has 3 ppl inthe back {all having only had their licences for 2-4yrs, me, her daughter and son} yelling at her all the things she does wrong, which is everything.

i'd like to see a pollie take a driving lesson, he'd kill every cunt on the road.

maybe they should implement a cubes rule for different ages,

i.e.
first year up to 2000cc or 1300cc boosted
2nd year 2500cc or 1900cc boosted
3rd year 4000cc or 3000cc boosted
and when get off your p's u have whatever u want

problem being is that all the bogans wouldnt be able to have their falcons or dores. Laughing

saying that my mum saw gonna buy me a 351 powered XA as my first car but i didnt' want something like that YET

i would also like to see a revhead political party, fighting for all the injustices us "hoons" have to put up with.

those footy loving cocks in politics can spend $400,000,000 on a freaking footy feild {suncorp stadium in brissie}, why dont they build a specific motoring complex out the back of the coast somewhere for ppl to have races/burouts/drifting, sure as shit that wouldnt cost 400 mil Confused

after all this my mate had a 200b when he left school, we all went for a drive and he nearly killed us all by putting it into a powerpole while drifting Shocked

so in summary: fuck off NRMA

award of the longest novel ever goes to... hehe
i agree with the race course thing
but in qld... hehe
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Curfew for young drivers? Sat, 08 November 2003 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Conquest wrote on Sat, 08 November 2003 14:22

Jag7799, I wansn't having a go at you in particular, just voicing my $0.02 cents worth... I'm sure there are responsible people who will pay up, but there are also people who will deny fault all the way until the courts decide otherwise.

Apollo, if you are comprehensively insured then your insurance company will chase the other party. If you were like me at the time (only insured 3PP) NRMA did not want to get involved, they deemed it a private matter.

So you have to go out of your way to send a letter of demand. If the other party does not reply you send another letter of demand (this process takes about a month). If the other party still denies fault then you have to take it to court (and this takes time and $$$).

I was lucky in my case, as the person who hit me also ran a red light. They denied fault right up till the time I got the photo from the red light camera (yeah they can be useful for something). And then they had to pay over $7k in damages Twisted Evil

Funny thing is, my mum is insured with NRMA..... Smile We find out on Monday if they will fix it or write it off. (We know it will be at least $4-5K to fix).

The impact wasn't that great, but, it redid damage plus more, from another rear ender from some hyundai that ran up the arse of mum's car only about a month ago.... yea.

Quote:

Sure I have a gripe with some older people out there too, but I have a much larger gripe with the younger -> middle aged as well. I hate to open the can of worms, but, the younger are much more arrogant these days.

I say retest everyone for a written at least every year. And a proper driving test every 5 years when you renew your license.
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Curfew for young drivers? Sat, 08 November 2003 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Banning P platers from driving certain nights wont do SFA. They will just drive without plates or some other crap like that. I can see where they are coming from but its not gonna work. I think they need to introduce madatory defensive driving coarses for L and P plate drivers. All hoons wanna do is let their frustration out, I say give them a place to do it FOR FREE, otherwise they will just drive like dicks on a public road and endager other lives. Ive done a defensive driving coarse and it sure as hell stopped me doing some of the things i do on public roads. There is definatly a better solution than a bloody curfew!!
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Curfew for young drivers? Sun, 09 November 2003 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Sure I have a gripe with some older people out there too, but I have a much larger gripe with the younger -> middle aged as well. I hate to open the can of worms, but, the younger are much more arrogant these days.

i'm not saying that its mostly older ppl and youngens are ok, i am saying that it NOT only young ppl, young ppl do drive like fuckwits, i know Rolling Eyes .
but older ppl get mentally slower and such and that is a much greater risk than doing 10k over the limit

Quote:

I say retest everyone for a written at least every year. And a proper driving test every 5 years when you renew your license.

the main problem wih this is that ppl would have to take time off work and go to the RTA/Dept of Trans {ect} and do it, or maybe the lazy ass government should open these on saturdays too Very Happy

Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Curfew for young drivers? Sun, 09 November 2003 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 22 February 2004 09:30]

Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Curfew for young drivers? Sun, 09 November 2003 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
philmelvin wrote on Sun, 09 November 2003 12:17

Quote:

i'm not saying that its mostly older ppl and youngens are ok, i am saying that it NOT only young ppl, young ppl do drive like fuckwits, i know Rolling Eyes .
but older ppl get mentally slower and such and that is a much greater risk than doing 10k over the limit

Quote:

the main problem wih this is that ppl would have to take time off work and go to the RTA/Dept of Trans {ect} and do it, or maybe the lazy ass government should open these on saturdays too Very Happy

Mentally slower? Not true there sonny. Physically slower yes, if they don't do anything about it. Wink Heck, even a child can have alzhimers (spelling, I know).

Another thought, what happens when the current generation of ADD (non-disciplined in other words), kids come to driving age..... Damn scary shit that will be.

Take time off work? Boo hoo, one day a year. If you can't do even that you don't deserve a license. Sorry if I sound sarcastic, but really, if you can't manage that.......
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Curfew for young drivers? Mon, 10 November 2003 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm on my p's
Today i was in an accident, i was in no way the contributor(well maybe it was my fault for stopping at a stop sign)

Was stopped at a stop sign, waiting for a clearence in traffic.
Start edging forward as i see a possibility...which fizzles as the guy(and everyone behind him) speed up all of a sudden.
So i stop edging up and over the line, the brand new CLK Merc behind me stops as well...then i hear what sounds like him stalling it up. So i look in the rear view just as he slams into the back of my mums car. I got out and said the usual "are you alright....what the fuck were you thinking?"

and then he abuses me for negligent driving!!! So after a couple minute ear bashing on why young people shouldnt be on the road i got fed up. Told him to shut the fuck up as i was late for an interview...got his details and drove off.

Luckily all my mums car suffered was a bit of a scuff on the rear bumper and the licence plate protector was smashed up. Nothing to worry about.
His entire front bumper has a nice crack across it and he also managed to smash up one of his lights.
Dont know how, dont care really...hope he doesnt try pull a shifty and blame me for it.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Curfew for young drivers? Mon, 10 November 2003 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cyber-punk wrote on Mon, 10 November 2003 13:02

I'm on my p's
Today i was in an accident, i was in no way the contributor(well maybe it was my fault for stopping at a stop sign)

Start edging forward as i see a possibility...which fizzles as the guy(and everyone behind him) speed up all of a sudden.
So i stop edging up and over the line, the brand new CLK Merc behind me stops as well...then i hear what sounds like him stalling it up. So i look in the rear view just as he slams into the back of my mums car. I got out and said the usual "are you alright....what the fuck were you thinking?"

and then he abuses me for negligent driving!!! So after a couple minute ear bashing on why young people shouldnt be on the road i got fed up. Told him to shut the fuck up as i was late for an interview...got his details and drove off.

Luckily all my mums car suffered was a bit of a scuff on the rear bumper and the licence plate protector was smashed up. Nothing to worry about.
His entire front bumper has a nice crack across it and he also managed to smash up one of his lights.
Dont know how, dont care really...hope he doesnt try pull a shifty and blame me for it.

hahahahaha nice... thats some good damage.. payback Smile
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Curfew for young drivers? Mon, 10 November 2003 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i cant be assed reading this whole post, so sorry if this has been said.

but fact is young drivers crash more than, and in nastier ways than, older drivers. any initiative that can be proven to reduce the incidence of harm (with minimal REALISTIC complications) gets my approval.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Curfew for young drivers? Mon, 10 November 2003 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cyber-punk wrote on Mon, 10 November 2003 13:02

I'm on my p's

isnt the rule, if you run up someone's arse, its ALWAYS your fault? you should have enough room behind them?

so if he tries to pull a swifty tell him to bite your banana. Surprised
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Curfew for young drivers? Mon, 10 November 2003 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
make him bite your banana no matter what the outcome is Very Happy
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Curfew for young drivers? Mon, 10 November 2003 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont have all that much to say really, but here goes.

I'm on my red P's and I'm 21. My neighbour across the road is 28! and shes on her Green P's(for another yer). I think a blanket rule at "P" plates isn't a good idea people can be in their 40's and on their P's. I'm not sure what my point is, but just because I get pulled over because I'm on my P's doesn't mean I'm 17 or a bad driver for that reason. Having recently gained my P plates I still have in my head all the road rules, the new round about rules that none except us P plates do. I'm continually following drivers around who for 10 corners and onto major roads fail to indicate at all. Anyway I just had to say something as I'm not a fan of this whole idea and everything I'm think has been mentioned above somewhere.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Curfew for young drivers? Mon, 10 November 2003 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if i owned a non "sportish" looking car, id be fine.. cause we dont have to wear p plates in qld Smile.. love driving into nsw with no p plates
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Curfew for young drivers? Mon, 10 November 2003 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Jag7799 wrote on Mon, 10 November 2003 20:52

if i owned a non "sportish" looking car, id be fine.. cause we dont have to wear p plates in qld Smile.. love driving into nsw with no p plates

hmm, after painfully reading all the posts in this bloody long thread, it sounds like Jag7799 is the sort of person that they are aiming at. drives along at 115, no insurance, wants ppl to bite his banana Wink, payback??? wtf?

man, why are all the young kiddies so angry??? whats up their collective asses?

Quote:

in 2 months maybe lol

the whole point of "accident" is that it is not intended.. no-one actually "tries" to get into accidents? (well some farkwits do:( )

yup, sure you would go out of your way to repair their beemer or whatever, sure you would pay for their ongoing medical costs

as for a story, a lecturer i knew drove home drunk one night, managed to hit a beemer AND a merc. over 100K damage. he got booked for DUI and his insurance company told him to get farked...
ROFL Smile) he so deserved to get reamed for that Wink

EVERYONE should do advanced driver training. Everyone should do it every 5 years. unlicensed and unisured drivers should have their cars confiscated (ont he news the other night, some moron got booked again for unlicensed driving, and now he's disqualified for over 1000 years!! still doesn't stop him driving a mates car)

definitely restrict power for learners... no learner needs 150RWKW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (unless they have a CAMS licence Wink )

Cya, Stewart

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Pics from SEMA show
Next Topic:Can a Cressida Handle?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 05:13:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0073797702789307 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.