Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » CAMS may support Drifting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
CAMS may support Drifting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thu, 06 November 2003 08:17 Go to next message
im hand typing this so its somewhat summaried.

Except from cams magazine, Spring 03
Quote:

In the not too distand future, expect to see a new wave of motor sport taking place more regularly at your local circuit. In late August CAMS decided that the range of motor racing events run under CAMS will be expanded by the end of the year to include various new vouge events, such as DRIFTING and burnout competitions, which are rapidly gaining popularity around Australia.

thats only a bit of it, but its good news for all wannabe drifters like myself that are too scared to do it on public streets, both for your own saftey and that of others.

i, personaly, cant wait to be allowed to compete/learn in properly regulated drifting events.
  Send a private message to this user    
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CAMS may support Drifting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thu, 06 November 2003 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i doubt a burnout comp could ever be classed as a motor sport..

but definatly good fun to go and watch!!

Very Happy

EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: CAMS may support Drifting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fri, 07 November 2003 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i read that in auto action some weeks ago, good news really Smile
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CAMS may support Drifting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fri, 07 November 2003 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CAMS are a smart bunch.......

In line with recent CAMS licence price hikes (so I have been informed), they are going to target every young kid out there that wants to get into it....

PS: Notice how this also has come at a time where Initial D is getting released here in OZ?? I swear...... it's a consipracy I tell ya! Smile
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: CAMS may support Drifting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sat, 08 November 2003 00:45 Go to previous message
No its not a conspiracy just CAMS trying to get more money now that AAA looks like taking some events off them.
I really can't see how they would work it plus it would raise the costs to high for the entrants to compete i think.
Who would want to join a club,get a CAMS licence and pay high entry fees just to do burnouts.
Just my 2c on it all.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:this cant be right?
Next Topic:Performance Auto Electrical
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 19:47:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042920112609863 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.