Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » How much boost on standard 7MGTE?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Levin
Occasional Poster

August 2002
How much boost on standard 7MGTE? Fri, 07 November 2003 23:59 Go to next message
Hello peoples, what sort of boost could you reasonably expect to run on a standard 7MGTE? The only mods are a 3" Trust exhaust. I realise the the HG can be an issue, but this one is sweet at the moment (need to torque it down when I get a chance). I've fitted a boost controller and I'm currently running 0.7bar.

PS. I'm not a ricer who thinks he can just plumb boost into something until it blows either, it's just that this is a budget project and I'm not really interested in spending too much cash on it!

Many thanks

Shane Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How much boost on standard 7MGTE? Sat, 08 November 2003 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You should be able to run 11-12 psi before you hit fuel cut. I can't believe you haven't torqued the head down yet - that's just asking for trouble! Do it NOW.
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: How much boost on standard 7MGTE? Sat, 08 November 2003 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Like Norbie said - you're an idiot, fix the headgasket.

About 11psi is then okay - although if your 'you beaut' exhaust is just a cat-back piece of crap, then I wouldn't run that much as the CT26 exhaust housings are prone to cracking with excess pressure/heat buildup.

Also, make sure your car is in good condition first - new oil, oil filter, clean/new air filter, good plugs, timing set correctly, etc, and always run Optimax/Ultimate. Otherwise you're asking for a failure.

[Updated on: Sat, 08 November 2003 01:43]

ViNcEnXo
Regular

July 2003
Re: How much boost on standard 7MGTE? Sat, 08 November 2003 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My Soarer hits boost cut at 10psi...

Should it be? Or is the guage wrong?
Levin
Occasional Poster

August 2002
Re: How much boost on standard 7MGTE? Mon, 10 November 2003 12:22 Go to previous message
Sorry guys, I promise to torque down the head asap! It's not like the car ever gets driven though, it's only left the house three or four times in as many months, which is the whole time I've owned it. Whilst on the subject, what should the head be torqued down to anyway?

Thanks again for your help.

Shane Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Exhaust size
Next Topic:Surge tank fittings leaking - thread tape?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 16:05:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045280456542969 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.