Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

diagrams for a ta23 celica Sun, 09 November 2003 10:12 Go to next message
currently have a ta23 celica that is completely stripped and am after all diagrams i can get for everything to put it back together. Also can i just put a ra23 crossmember in it to put an 18rgeu into it as it was a 1600, or can i use the old cross member and change sump and engine mounts. strokemegently_69@hotmail.com is my email addy thanks

ben
  Send a private message to this user    
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: diagrams for a ta23 celica Sun, 09 November 2003 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
apparently the 2tg is a better engine than the 18r so why do u wanna do this?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: diagrams for a ta23 celica Sun, 09 November 2003 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Who told you that? The 18R-G has more power, more torque, and more development potential... seems like a good upgrade to me!
•Ãg®èšïvëÎmpâ©t•
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: diagrams for a ta23 celica Sun, 09 November 2003 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 18rg has more everything and is a great engine to use
however they are getting harder to find parts for and the 2t i believe is a more balanced engine or some crap like that. that was told to me by other posters. i think the 18rg is a fantastic engine whether or not it uses efi they are the old school twin cams that boast power without upgrades. you will need the crossmember out of a ra40 as the sump wont fit of the 18rg its a totally different engine. i believe the ra40 came out with a 18r single cam engine and will bolt in and hold the 18rg just fine.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: diagrams for a ta23 celica Sun, 09 November 2003 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
With a TA23 engine cross-member fitting into an RA23/28, I would assume a RA23/28 cross-member will fit into a TA23. Go for the 18RG engine - you will be glad you did !
Cheers,
Mitch.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: diagrams for a ta23 celica Mon, 10 November 2003 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, an RA23/28 crossmember is a direct fit; I have no idea why you'd want to use an RA40 crossmember!

It's true that 18R-G parts are becoming harder to find, but the same applies to the 2T-G. As a matter of fact, the 2T-G is even older than the 18R-G! Once again, I can't think of a compelling reason to choose a 2T-G over an 18R-G, unless you're absolutely fanatical about saving weight.
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: diagrams for a ta23 celica Mon, 10 November 2003 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2t is only 1600 isnt it plus i already have an 18rgeu to go in it. Thats why i need to know about the cross member
•Ãg®èšïvëÎmpâ©t•
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: diagrams for a ta23 celica Mon, 10 November 2003 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shit i miss quoted i meant the ra20 - 21 crossmember not the ra40. sorry i just checked my info folder. you will need a W series gearbox for the 18rg and the crossmember for it will need slight modification. other than that the a/c compressor is on the opposite side as well as the starter motor and radiator tophose. but these modifications are minor and well worth the effort. good luck Very Happy
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: diagrams for a ta23 celica Mon, 10 November 2003 23:23 Go to previous message
•Ãg®èšïvëÎmpâ©t• wrote on Tue, 11 November 2003 02:06

shit i miss quoted i meant the ra20 - 21 crossmember not the ra40. sorry i just checked my info folder.

You'd better update your "info folder" because the RA20/21 was never released in this country. I'm not sure where you got your other info from either, but the only "modifications" required are to swap in the equivalent RA23/28 parts. The person who started this thread has a TA23 Celica, not a TA22.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4agze boost mod
Next Topic:4AGZE broken piston analysis part 1
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:40:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045380592346191 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.