Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1JZ Power Steering Cooler

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
icon5.gif  1JZ Power Steering Cooler Sun, 09 November 2003 09:02 Go to next message
Is anyone running one of these on their conversion, or standard? If so, what type/kind and do you have any pictures of your setup?

I was considering a cheaper option of leaving my dodgey PS that is still connected to the hydraulic water pump, maybe it would stop the overflowing/overheating of the fluid. Then I wouldn't have to buy a new clutch type water pump, and labour for that is more expensive.

Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1JZ Power Steering Cooler Sun, 09 November 2003 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a PS cooler which may be for sale soon - was running on my 1jz. I'll have to wait till my conversiojn is finished and I see whether I'm going to use it or not.

it's a U-shaped pipe with cooling fins on it
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 1JZ Power Steering Cooler Sun, 09 November 2003 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So it doesn't have to be very big? I currently just have a U shape pipe without fins that runs a few feet at the front of the car. Maybe something bigger with fins is required.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1JZ Power Steering Cooler Sun, 09 November 2003 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the one you have sounds like the stock ma61 cooler - just a pipe.
I'd imagine this one works better, but you dont need something like an oil cooler just for your ps Razz
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 1JZ Power Steering Cooler Sun, 09 November 2003 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe, I have a 13 row, big oil cooler that I won't be putting on as I don't have the sandwhich plate. I was thinking I would use it as a P/S cooler. But that is huge! Wink

I gues 2 pipes with fins would do the trick.

I'm just still very annoyed how they put the P/S through the hyrdaulic fan pump. it's just another thing that needs money spent on it that won't make it go faster.

It's a barge at the moment.

[Updated on: Sun, 09 November 2003 10:02]

mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1JZ Power Steering Cooler Sun, 09 November 2003 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ditch the hydraulic fan if it's giving you trouble, and replace it either with thermo's or a clutch fan.

Then for the PS, dig around old air conditioner parts, you'll find a core there that is suitable for cooling PS fluid that'll just need a few fittings/brackets. Or you could go and BUY an off the shelf fluid cooler, but they tend to be pricey..
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 1JZ Power Steering Cooler Sun, 09 November 2003 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have thermo's, I don't have a hydro fan. I have a water pump with a hydro fan pump on it too, so i have to have fluid running through it or else it will seize. It's pissing me off.

I'll have a look at a ford P/S cooler i think?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ Power Steering Cooler Sun, 09 November 2003 12:55 Go to previous message
Just grab a generic transmission cooler from Supercheap or whatever, it will do the job nicely.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:stud change paten from 5 / 100 to 5 / 114.3
Next Topic:recoring an intercooler
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 10:34:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0039529800415039 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.