Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

MR2 air flow Sun, 09 November 2003 10:18 Go to next message
hey anyone got any good ideas on how to setup a good air flow on an mr2 98 model...? just to open up the flow a bit there is so much restriction in it not funny
tah matt
  Send a private message to this user    
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: MR2 air flow Mon, 10 November 2003 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there are planty of ways snorkles as ugly as they are it works... create a scoop (which im in the process of doing) that ges over the roof and down into the motor.... plenty of things can be done with money though!
MR2200
Regular

October 2003
Re: MR2 air flow Mon, 10 November 2003 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do long piping for the air filter so it hangs pretty close to the side air vent. thats pretty good air flow cause its direct. Snorkle is pretty good to but you have just got to like the snorkle idea but.......
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: MR2 air flow Tue, 11 November 2003 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so true the snokel... any way we ripped out the air box that hooks on the intake pipe but thats all good we now just have that latter puuting a long tube with a K&N pod so it will be good cheers all

matt
WOW16V
Regular

May 2002
Re: MR2 air flow Mon, 17 November 2003 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In my 91mr2 I made up an intake pipe with some plumbers pvc pipe from the hardware.i removed the airbox and all that factory boxing/piping.I then got a pod filter and made the pipework go right down into the side vent.The induction noise is absolutely awesome,it out do's my exhaust noise,sounds like a big vtec engine,i luv it.Plus you get the good ol sucking noise as well,so many people think my car is turboed.

Cheers Adrian
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: MR2 air flow Mon, 17 November 2003 07:49 Go to previous message
Saw an MR2 with a snorkle, was a neat fibreglass job, painted to match the car. I'm sure its really practical, but it seemed to ruin the lines of the car. Thats just my opinion and I'm sure if you want the performance you'd go the snorkle or some other option.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE82 Fuel Pumps? What else fits in?
Next Topic:1GGE engine mounts/the Holy Grail and other raritys.....
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 19:21:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.11040997505188 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.