Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Sun, 09 November 2003 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Student: Civil and Structural Engineering.
Employment: Civil and Structural Draftsman

Previous: Aircraft Engineer, Diesel Mechanic, Professional Car Detailer Razz
  Send a private message to this user    
Hawk
Regular

August 2003
Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I work 6 nights a week in a plastic bottle factory. Great money, easy job, good people, no life. At least i get to drive my dream car.

I've built commercial refrigerators, ride-on mowers, and bottled dangerous chemicals. Tried Tafe last year studying residential drafting but couldn't handle being flat broke.

My interests are computers (hardware and software) and technology. Sci-fi/fantasy books and movies. And celicas. All my money is going into my cars at the moment - getting my st184 ready to sell. After that it's time for a new high end alpine sytem again - can't wait, looking about the $8000 mark plus install. Good to be single and have money Smile
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SPEEDCORE wrote on Sun, 09 November 2003 23:03

Registered Nurse...... on Surgical Wards only like HPB, Lower GI and Gynae..... and no.... working in Gynae ward is not as glamarous as you may initially think guys! Confused

It is a rewarding profession, that is sadly not payed like it is a profession though.

In my view this is true of all health based professions, yep.... you won't see me dumping shit on doctors like "oh they make a shit load of money" like some nurses will say. When you are fucking run off your feet, work long long hours (yes say hello to +24 hr shifts in the early years), and if you choose to become a registrar (like GT), can't go out enjoy yourself without the possiblity of being called on your mobile or paged while your at a resturant with your wife, movies, gathering with friends, etc. then people realise that "yes", docs don't do it just for the money.

And to top it off, this medical indemnity BS that has/still is going on, it is surprising that there are still people still sitting their exams to get into medicine. I know it has put me off.

Sorry for my little rant, take care,
SPEEDY!

Health generally is pretty poorly paid, but I think nurses cop it the worst. Whilst the belief exists that nursing is a "calling" and not a profession, their conditions will continue to be pretty ordinary. IMHO, it's not just about pay, but about career structure and general conditions (carparking, creche facilities - sorry Speedy, it's still a female dominated profession - etc), but I could be pretty mistaken.

My rotation in O&G as a student put me off sex for ages - there is nothing glamorous about fat fannies.
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey All,

During the day I am a Full Time Uni Student. At Night I am a Part Time Coles Supermarket Worker, and in the times between I hunt around for parts for my MA61 Supra... Rolling Eyes

Cheers.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Currently a Bus Admin Trainee(actually an accounts payable\receivable jnr getting paid about 1\3 of what i should Razz)
Cant see it as a career so i'm hunting around for Air Con\Refridge mechanic apprenticeship or somthing electrical anyways

i've had heaps of jobs
was able to afford my car and the subsequent waste of money rebuild by going to tafe(doing it and some business thingo) and working at a caltex about 50-60 hours a week Smile
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
computer geek Freak
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Currently a Bus Admin Trainee(actually an accounts payable\receivable jnr getting paid about 1\3 of what i should Razz)
Cant see it as a career so i'm hunting around for Air Con\Refridge mechanic apprenticeship or somthing electrical anyways

i've had heaps of jobs
was able to afford my car and the subsequent waste of money rebuild by going to tafe(doing it and some business thingo) and working at a caltex about 50-60 hours a week Smile

my likes include: hussies, wenches, sluts(the clean kind) and women, cars, motorbikes, sci-fi\fantasy books and moofies, all kinds of music(especially hardcore punk and metal...stuff with alot of raw emotion), snow boarding

dislikes: posers, wankers, white and pseudo white "australians" pretending they're afro americans(wussup dawg...), eating meat(well....i somtimes eat chicken or seafood), people who drive UNDER THE SPEED LIMIT, soccer mums in 4WD's(i dont mind some soccer mums...they can somtimes be milfs), people who cut off motorbikes or just plain ignore them
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
funny how computer geek and car entusiast seem to go together so well Razz
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im a IT assitant i get paid SFA and have to put up with a bunch of "my shit doesnt stink" accountants Razz

im currently looking for a new job on work time and while im not doing that im postwhoring on here.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 November 2003 01:31]

gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Mon, 10 November 2003 00:30

just a note on sueing doctors
My mate had a broken arm.. which was re-set wrong.. they realised this after it had almost healed completely.. had to re-break it and re-set it again.... same thing happenned.. few weeks later had to re-break it and re-set it for the 3rd time and finally got it right.. my mate sued them for pain and suffering and loss of income and stuff.. got 750 000 out of them.
I think thats fair.
well sorta.

Meh, I'm a cynic. The sum is very high for a broken arm. If it's the bone I'm thinking of, it is well known to be a problem and consequently I would expect an even lower payout. Complete loss of a limb gets a fair bit less than that. Infants born with cerebral palsy and face a lifetime of hardship only receive sumps in the low million dollar range. Your friend has presumably regained use of his arm - in Australia, "pain and suffering" is not worth 3/4 of a million. This would be a landmark decision.

At the end of the day, this contributes to the increase in our indemnity fees which is then tranferred on to the patients by way of increased visit fees. This increased fee then has to be absorbed by the government and we all pay for it.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you live on a steep hill, you hire a contractor to lay concrete for a new driveway. he fucks it up, but you only realise it looks shit after the concrete has set. you call him back, he looks at it, goes yeah, remember when i was talking about this being a sloped block, told you the slab might slip, but no worries, ill jack hammer it all out, and try again...

it happens again, gets fixed again, and in the end it all works out ok.

in the meantime you got muddy feet from walking to the letterbox for the last month or so, and your socil life suffered as people didnt like coming around to dinner for a few weeks... hmmm lets sue the concreter.

medicine on the other hand is an exact science where everything is calculated for an exacting outcome. and not only that, but you dont have to pay for it.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

medicine on the other hand is an exact science where everything is calculated for an exacting outcome

nah man I reckon I disagree. I spend $$$$$ getting my knee reconstructed and they stuffed up. Well something went wrong. The human body is not exact science. that is why I like my car. Cause and effect, no *too* much wierdness Smile
mtsbirch
Regular

October 2002
Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm a Scaffolder presently. Good money to climb around building giant sets of monkey bars 80 meters above the ground. Its a good job if you like climbing but most of the companies try to suck the life out of you.
Its paying for my Celi though, while I work on my Design portfolio.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Mon, 10 November 2003 13:10

Quote:

medicine on the other hand is an exact science where everything is calculated for an exacting outcome

nah man I reckon I disagree.

sorry

**insert major sarcasm**
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've broken bones before, dislocated stuff, fractured things(damn...gotta love the memories of my skateboarding days)
it doesnt hurt THAT much. You're mate just exploited a shitty system and has helped raise the indemnity insurance on medical practitioners. and no doubt will be one of the first to winge when i almost free medical system starts charging full price.
his loss of income should be negligable unless a hospital stay was needed, as i'm sure employers are now required to give you suitable work whilst you recover from injury.

tatoo's hurt more than breaking bones, and the pain with both goes away pretty quickly and unless he had a very labour intensive job he should of been able to get on with it pretty fast(mate of mine is a roofer and he fell off a roof whilst cleaning his gutters, broke his arm, and was at work the next day. he said he was in a bit of pain, but nothing unberable....then again people have different threshholds, especially when money is concnered)
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

[**insert major sarcasm**

you know what? sarcasm don't come through the keyboard that well Smile I need a sarcasmo-meter to avoid these 'foot in mouth' incidents.

Medical world is the complete opposite of precise. It is a 'best guess' world where well meaning (usually) people try (usually) hard to keep the old flesh and bones ticking over.

so what sarcasm did you want to use?

how about, oh REEEEEEEEEEELY Very Happy
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think I just got hit by the tidal wave of Ed's sarcasm......

I don't know anyone who would be "negligent" per se, but it is interesting that if things don't work out as planned, this is still considered as "medical negligence". Despite everyone working to the best of their abilities, the determination may still be one of negligence.
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm a Civil Engineer for a local council.
I deal with roadworks & idiot ratepayers.
ie I get to sit in an AC car parked at the side of the road while telling others how to lean on shovels. Laughing

Got to spend $300k of someone else's money last week. Pity it wasn't on something I wanted.

BTW if you happen to see roadworks with workers there, please slow down a bit. Its not nice being buzzed by someone in a 1.5 tonne missile.
Plus you never know when they're holding a weapon (like a can of spray paint) Evil or Very Mad

[Updated on: Mon, 10 November 2003 03:11]

thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm a production coordinator in a state government publishing group - plus i do all the mac-related tech support for the group (of 21) and liase between (internal) clients and our designers+editors. i also supervise the designers (oh my god, responsibility!) and do stuff like budgets, estimates and ordering.

i started out DTPing student newspaper at Uni and found it a lot more fun than journalism - i also got to hang around more VisArts students, who seemed to have better parties than journo's. Wink

<rant>
so i waste my days away at work wondering how all these stupid people in gov't:
-got employed
-managed to avoid being smothered at birth
-avoid getting shot for PISSING OFF so many people
-are unable-to-understand that MSword IS NOT A F**KING LAYOUT PACKAGE!
</rant> Cool

every three months i ponder the benefits of chucking the job to move to the country and grow medical herbs... but until you can get cheap broadband in the country...

my g/friend tries to make me spend more on our house than the car ... Wink
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm the bastard the RTA and local Govt pay to rip up all your roads and rebuild them...Just gotta love road works! (sometimes airport too)
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I work (full time) As an engineering draughtsperson/CAD Manager/IT Manager/Engineering Technician position for a small engineering firm in Strathfield.
My second job is a Dance instructor (prolly shouldn't mention this Razz)
I do the odd stereo install for a few people (not so much these days)
I am in the progress of doing the landscaping for my house to get all the outside done so I can fit out the garage and make room for my project Very Happy .

I'm looking to start a structural engineering degree in the near future to validate my position.

Side note I have a mortgage and a girlfriend (who might as well be my wife) who is an accountant, So basically any money that goess into the car has to come from under the radar. Rolling Eyes
Skinnypoo
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IT Trainee in two primary schools
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norminator wrote on Mon, 10 November 2003 10:06

Jag7799 wrote on Mon, 10 November 2003 00:30

just a note on sueing doctors
My mate had a broken arm.. which was re-set wrong.. they realised this after it had almost healed completely.. had to re-break it and re-set it again.... same thing happenned.. few weeks later had to re-break it and re-set it for the 3rd time and finally got it right.. my mate sued them for pain and suffering and loss of income and stuff.. got 750 000 out of them.
I think thats fair.
well sorta.

that's fair?!! are you kidding me???

how was it that he broke his arm? sounds like your mate is part of the problem...

i work for an IT security company (validating this post)

id be fucking pissed if a doctor fucked up my arm 2 times

[Updated on: Mon, 10 November 2003 04:48]

SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Mon, 10 November 2003 12:01

IMHO, it's not just about pay, but about career structure and general conditions (carparking, creche facilities - sorry Speedy, it's still a female dominated profession - etc), but I could be pretty mistaken.

My rotation in O&G as a student put me off sex for ages - there is nothing glamorous about fat fannies.

Sorry for what..... it is a fact that it is still a female dominated profession. As for the carparking and creche facilities?? No way not in QLD, might be different in SA, the majority of hospitals around brisbane you have to either pay (not tax refundable)or park a few blocks down on the street.... while it doesn't bother me to park a few blocks down, it is not surprising some of the female nursing staff don't like it when they finish on a late shift! Confused

LMFAO! Fat fannies! How many labia majoras do you have? Umm I was more refering to stuff like Bartholan's cysts, and TAH and vag repairs where there was a vag pack involved, and having to put IDC's in if they did not pass TOV, which like you said, heavy set ladies are a nightmare to insert IDC.

As for the comment on medicine being an exact science...... I'm on the fence with this comment.... I can see both points of view..... but is it really "exact"? I mean there are so many variables to contend with, and while I know great efforts are made to get things just right, ie. from prescibing drugs to fluids etc., if it was an exact science we would not see people getting overloaded, narcing, or having to make adjustments to medications sometimes literally within the space of an hour or two.

Am I making sense or have I missed the point and the general direction that the statement was heading in??
Anyhow tell me what you think,
SPEEDY!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can only think of one time that I've ever encountered what would qualify as "negligence" from personal experience.

brother was in the emergency ward at westmead after BIG car accident - 80km/hr into a tree.

was released the next day, after x-rays supposedly revealed nothing.
a few days later, when the swelling went down, we noticed his right cheek didn't really exist - it was flat. took the x-rays to a local GP, who said it was broken and sent him off to a specialist, who said it was broken, that anyone who missed it must have been blind, and proceeded to call up westmead and abuse the shit out of the doctor who viewed the x-ray Smile
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
after a 'pretty big accident' i gotta admit, the ED staff arent interested in looking for trivial things like fractured zygomatic arches etc. and unless your brother was complaining at the time that his face hurt/look funny, could someone please have a look at it, and he otherwise wasnt dying, the ED staff did their job (ie the crash didnt kill him).

it is following his emergent experience that its then the correct thing for him to notice his face wasnt right for himself, and seek a further, less time critcal opinion from a specialist at his leisure.

draven wrote on Mon, 10 November 2003 16:55

that anyone who missed it must have been blind, and proceeded to call up westmead and abuse the shit out of the doctor who viewed the x-ray Smile

for a specialist to go nuts at an ED physician is nothing out of the ordinary, and certainly doesnt imply they did something wrong or negligent, its just part and parcel of being a big consultant dick swinger.

all that said, its a pity the fracture went un-noticed, and you brother had to make several trips around the traps to get it sorted, but at te end of the day (as you portray it anyway) the emergency assesment of his faculties was adequate and sufficient in terms of major risk assesment... and that really is the role of the ED dept.

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
partially correct
except that the "minor injury" could have resulted in permenant sight loss - something about pressure on an optic nerve or some such (I wasn't really listening)

regardless - I'm sure a lot of people would have sued over that (god knows tehre are enough idiots out there) - but we were of the same opinion as you - no damage was done, everyhting was cool, and all it cost was a couple of extra trips / consultings
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think we have all missed the point here!

Lambolica - What dance do you teach!!
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
absolutely true.

but youve got to ask yourself. minor injory, and patient isnt complaining of anything (pain/sight/cosmetic)... all in the context of a major MVA...

if there arent clinical clues suggesting theres something wrong, why would you go looking for a problem? and (though im only a novice at it) when youre reviewing xrays, its hard enough to see something youre actually looking for, let alone noticing something you have NO clinical suspicion of...
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i tell you what.. i would sue some fucker if it was his fault and my arm was broken for like 16 weeks.. or more
not only that.. he couldnt work for the weeks after his arm should have healed.. hampered school work in some ways... missed the footy grand final and stuff.. but mainly id be annoyed that i couldnt do anything normal for 1/3 of the yaer
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, but $750k?
lost earning + pain
$50k tops
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look dude

I had my ACL Ruptured playing soccer in 2001. I went straight to Hornsby hospital. They told me that all I had was soft tissue damage and not to worry, and visit the physio after looking and examining my injuries.

I visited my physio, and SHE told me that everything was cool, I just needed strength and balance training.

Over the next 6 months I badly dislocated me knee about 6 times. Often rotating it about 180 degrees. This whole time the physio told me", well, I guess we haven't done enough training from your initial accident".

I FINALLY get so fed up I go and visit an expensive doctor in North Sydney. Hey takes 5 minutes and says, "surgery for you". Which I cannot have for months because I have changed health company since I was back at uni.

I have surgery March '03 and have 30% of my cartilage removed and are never allowed to do extended running as a sport of any kind (ie city to surf) again.

In Tassie 3 weeks ago, I dislocate me knee again. The ACL is ruptured somehow. Surgery now on both legs and another agonising 9 month recovery period.

So, who do I sue? Razz The hospital, because if they had been correct, I would have had all my costs covered by sports insurance?

The phsysio, because she ignored repeated indicators of a ruptured ACL?

The surgeon, because he may not have done a proper job, and hence the rupture engaging in prescribed activities?

I mean I have lost about 10 grand here and have not had proper use of my left leg for over 2 years. (no running, careful walking)

Sometimes you just have to trust God dude. This world sux and sometimes we just have to accept that and deal with it. We can't go blaming everyone else for anything that goes wrong in society. that is no way to live. But when NSW is the most litigeous state after CA in the USA, I get worried that peoples attitudes to life is a 'who to blame' attitude.

Edit: I didn't want this to be like a pity-party, but just the whole attitude of let's sue somebody, blame somebody else I don't think is justified a lot of the time. My story above is just to say hey, I am not some ignoramus to the issue with no sympathy.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 November 2003 07:10]

gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Meh, whatever. When you pay $40+K indemnity annually, come talk to us. I don't take attempts at suing too personally - ultimately it has nothing to do with negligence. I pay my indemnity - they can take care of any issues. I live my life carefree.

As a doctor, you can expect to be in court once every 4 years as a defendent or witness. Even as a witness, your clinical acumen is called into question. One time I was called into an attempted murder case. I was the senior emerg reg when we received a lady that had been stabbed 27 times by her estranged husband. In court the defence lawyer implied that it was our care that nearly killed her. When I suggested that in fact it was more likely the 27 stab wounds were the likely culprit, I was then treated as a hostile witness...... Rolling Eyes

Speedy, I just thought these might be ways to encourage nurses back to nursing. There was no malice intended with the female dominated thing - just I didn't want the the creche thing to be taken the wrong way... Cool
babbetc
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Operations Engineer
Hamersley Iron Brockman
Pilbara Western Oz

A Iron ore mine in the middle of nowhere. We move around 30million tonnes od dirt a year.

Fly in fly out 2 weeks on 1 week off

My roles involves:
Drill and Blast Design
Grade Control
Surveying

Surveying is my trained Background, but moved into this role.

Enjoy it heaps have been with HI for 8 years

Timbo

[Updated on: Mon, 10 November 2003 09:07]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Mon, 10 November 2003 18:02

look dude

I had my ACL Ruptured playing soccer in 2001. I went straight to Hornsby hospital. They told me that all I had was soft tissue damage and not to worry, and visit the physio after looking and examining my injuries.

I visited my physio, and SHE told me that everything was cool, I just needed strength and balance training.

Over the next 6 months I badly dislocated me knee about 6 times. Often rotating it about 180 degrees. This whole time the physio told me", well, I guess we haven't done enough training from your initial accident".

I FINALLY get so fed up I go and visit an expensive doctor in North Sydney. Hey takes 5 minutes and says, "surgery for you". Which I cannot have for months because I have changed health company since I was back at uni.

I have surgery March '03 and have 30% of my cartilage removed and are never allowed to do extended running as a sport of any kind (ie city to surf) again.

In Tassie 3 weeks ago, I dislocate me knee again. The ACL is ruptured somehow. Surgery now on both legs and another agonising 9 month recovery period.

So, who do I sue? Razz The hospital, because if they had been correct, I would have had all my costs covered by sports insurance?

The surgeon, because he may not have done a proper job, and hence the rupture engaging in prescribed activities?

I mean I have lost about 10 grand here and have not had proper use of my left leg for over 2 years. (no running, careful walking)

Sometimes you just have to trust God dude. This world sux and sometimes we just have to accept that and deal with it. We can't go blaming everyone else for anything that goes wrong in society. that is no way to live. But when NSW is the most litigeous state after CA in the USA, I get worried that peoples attitudes to life is a 'who to blame' attitude.

Edit: I didn't want this to be like a pity-party, but just the whole attitude of let's sue somebody, blame somebody else I don't think is justified a lot of the time. My story above is just to say hey, I am not some ignoramus to the issue with no sympathy.

I honestly would have sued the doctor who 1st told you that all was ok for atleast the hospital and surgery costs as they might not have happenned had they given you the right oppinion...
i mean only if it was definately their fault
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tim - I have a mate who works over there as a mining engineer Smile
freaky.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm,
Bachelor of Metallurgical engineering
finishing up PhD in Metallurgy...... (6 years and counting)

specialised in many electron microscopes, FE-SEM, FE-TEM, EPMA, FIB, Auger, and soon the funky Dual-beam FIB-SEM(a cool $5mil). can use Hitachi, Philips, FEI, JEOL, Cameca instruments... prety much anything.. also XRD, glancing angle XRD, Raman sepctroscopy, any mechanical testers (tensile, compressive, fracture, macro/micro/nano hardness/indentation)

PhD is on 'carburisation and nitridation of heat resistant steels' ie stainless steel +carbon+nitrogen@ 1000degC.

have been doing Post-Doc research for two years on jet turbine blade bondcoats for TBC's (i could tell you compositions but i'd have to kill ya Wink ) sick to death of the Cahn TGA i have to contend with night and day Rolling Eyes

ummm, various consulting services........

oh, and doing Megasquirt group buys Very Happy

2c on sueing.. if you fall and break your arm. it's your fault.. if you try and do shit with it while it's in a cast and it doesn't heal right? your fault..

if only law had a 'common sense' ruling, none of this shit would happen... take the risk? fark it up? your fault Razz

oh yeah, and nurses should be paid more Very Happy

Cya, Stewart
20valve69corona
Regular

May 2002
Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I work for Telstra looking after FOXTEL and BIGPOND
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I work for GE Consumer Finance Collections

its not as bad as it sounds...

gave my 1st shot at uni the flick...Dip Hospitality Management(Honors)/BA Business(Hospitality) cos ppl & food suck
will be going back next yr part time doing BA Bus Mgmt(Finance & Stats)

Im good at spouting useless bs, procrastinating, playing games & am a cs nut Very Happy

woot!
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyotaboy wrote on Sun, 09 November 2003 18:24

Rolla Boy wrote on Sun, 09 November 2003 10:46

Mechanic for Toyota... YAY Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...

hey...me too!!! ain't it great, when your work is your hobby?

i just LOVE coming home from working on Toyota's all day, and then working on another.... Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad

which dealership do you work at?

btw...i already get cheap parts Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Hehehe... I'm at Chatswood Toyota in Sydney...
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Mon, 10 November 2003 20:07

look dude

I honestly would have sued the doctor who 1st told you that all was ok for atleast the hospital and surgery costs as they might not have happenned had they given you the right oppinion...
i mean only if it was definately their fault

The story proves little.

No doubt a legal firm would take on your cause but they would advise you that you have little grounds for litigation. If you wished to pursue it you would be required to put up your own funds up front.

Interestingly, a colleague faced a similar suit just recently. He put a plaster on a patient because he was suspicious of a fracture. The location of the potential fracture was such that it may not show for up to 10 days. The patient then proceeded to not present for follow up for 3 weeks. When he finally did present, reXray revealed no fracture. He then began legal proceedings against my colleague/hospital for lost income. It went to court. The patient lost as the doctor had engaged in a safe course of action and the patient had contributed to his extended period of remaining in plaster.

Jag, occasionally people just have to accept that shit happens not because of anyone's fault. Your "sue anyone" attitude will hopefully come back to haunt you.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

He takes 5 minutes and says, "surgery for you".

i cant wait to be a surgeon and make all the worlds big descisions in one easy breath... *sarcasm*

what descion were you expecting to hear from a surgeon, honestly?

to be frank (and its probably a shallow assumption based on the info youve given, so please dont take it the wrong way if im outta line) but 2 people advised that 'there wasnt much wrong'. but you had troubles, and noone was 'fixing' it for you. lo-and-behold, a surgeon offers the one stop solution (which evidently didnt work). does anything here make you reasses your condition?

and to whoever said "sue the first dr" ... um why? cause he didnt give you the answer you wanted?

perhaps all drs should advise ppl with knee pain to have above knee amputations at first consultation to avoid appearing to under treat?? *yeash*
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
icon10.gif  Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got my last HSC exam on 12/11 then working at David Jones for a year to get some money flowing in...then doing a Bachelor in Science or something at uni....or maybe Bachelor in Criminology.

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

what descion were you expecting to hear from a surgeon, honestly?

to be frank (and its probably a shallow assumption based on the info youve given, so please dont take it the wrong way if im outta line) but 2 people advised that 'there wasnt much wrong'. but you had troubles, and noone was 'fixing' it for you. lo-and-behold, a surgeon offers the one stop solution (which evidently didnt work). does anything here make you reasses your condition?

ay Mr. Sarcasmo. Smile What decision was I expecting? whatever he said of course! he is a surgeon, i am not. I was hoping he would at least bring closure and he sure did that.

those two people told me to be careful, etc, and I was, and then it would dislocate, so I went back, they said, 'more rehab', I said, ok, then after this hapenning a again and again, i went to the other doctor. I have to at least have a level of trust in what the experts say, especially when there are two of them saying the same thing... Smile

Just finished my final essay.. woohoo! Very Happy

Edit: whooops messed up the quotey thing

[Updated on: Mon, 10 November 2003 12:28]

ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Mon, 10 November 2003 23:27

I was hoping he would at least bring closure

and herein lies the problem with medical consumerism Nod

not that im singling you out (honestly), but this is a reflection of patients seeking active intervention, and the resultant general disatisfaction with "rest and rehab" diagnoses. there may be nothing at all incorrect with such 'rest' descsions, but disatisfaction drives people to more definitive care (and even herbal remedies etc - almost double the PBS expentiture?), and they look back, and think "that dr how told me nothing was wrong was an idiot"...

and the other thing, all surgeons do is cut. you have a problem, they will cut it. ask, cut, walk in door, cut. cut cut cut. get the drift? not a lot of thinking going on (but a lot of technical skill)
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well I guess the long and the sort of it that my knee is kinda missing a tendon through the middle (you should see the MRIs), and that don't get fixed except by cutting.

ed, I appreciate totally though like what you are saying and yeah, an expert will always answer according to his expertise.

I think though people get lazy about their health and think that like their car, you just go in, get it fixed, and it's done. nah.. the body is much different. let me tell you Very Happy
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Q) What's the difference between a carpenter and an orthopedic surgeon?
A) A carpenter knows the name of at least 2 antibiotics.

Q) What do you call 4 orthopedic surgeons in a shower?
A) Gorillas in the mist.

I must admit I'd probably have seen someone at the second dislocation and stopped whatever activity was resulting in the recurrent "dislocation". If it were a true dislocation of the knee you should have done an awful lot more damage than just an ACL. I suspect the facts are not entirely as presented.

Here is a very basic reference that details the issues surrounding the diagnosis and management of a true knee dislocation. Management is US based and does not quite reflect management in Australia.

Xray of the week:
http://www.emedicine.com/orthoped/images/23882388DSCN0125.263971.jpg
OUCH!!

[Updated on: Mon, 10 November 2003 13:41]

Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pffft all you doctors bitch bitch bitch bitch Razz fuckn look at dave, ed and all the others driven there fuckn expensive sports cars Razz

I wouldn't mind a nurse tho! Smile

Ed/Dave i want x-mas party invites!!!!

anyone remember that skit on MTV I think it was years ago with Pres of USA Reagen hitting the "Nuke" button rather then "Nurse" and commenting "That must be one hell of a nurse" As a mushroom cloud gos up in the background?

as for me i was in IT as a Tech then a store manager, got the shits with IT and ended up spending the last 3 years doing many different jobs (car rental being the most fun Smile now next year will be back to tafe/IT of some sort
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have never sued anyone.. probably never will.. but im just being a bitch and fighting on the other side cause its funny
but my mates arm healing wrong wasnt his fault at all... the doctor was just shoddy

Just to give you guys a situation
Say you go to some doctor for a test for cancer.. he sais you dont have cancer at all... 5 yrs said person dies from cancer.. can we blame the doctor now? assuming there was visible signs from the beginning that he/she missed
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I also think people should note I generally dont mean what i say... sorta.. like most of the time ill just say something stupid that is half funny for a laugh...
people tend to take it too seriously
I also like to just play a little and always take an argument from the other side... just for thought
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Tue, 11 November 2003 00:47

but my mates arm healing wrong wasnt his fault at all... the doctor was just shoddy

What exactly makes you say that? I presume you have done the 6 year degree and the 10 extra years of orthopedic training and experience to make that determination? Which hospital do you work at as a consultant orthopod? Rolling Eyes Like I said, medicolegal issues have little to do with true negligence or incompetence.

Jag7799 wrote on Tue, 11 November 2003 00:47

Say you go to some doctor for a test for cancer.. he sais you dont have cancer at all... 5 yrs said person dies from cancer.. can we blame the doctor now? assuming there was visible signs from the beginning that he/she missed

The only important line is in red. If there was no evidence (and a competent investigation was made), then there is no case. Everyone has 20/20 hindsight. Dead people can't sue.
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Mon, 10 November 2003 19:21

When I suggested that in fact it was more likely the 27 stab wounds were the likely culprit, I was then treated as a hostile witness...... Rolling Eyes

LMAO!! That's a complete and utter joke. Sometimes you really wonder about the legal system, and whether they have any kind of idea about hard facts.... shit people can die from just one stab wound, I've looked after quite a few in my time, moreso lacerated livers as a result.
There is only so much that can be done on a patient with any given condition. And you get into the game to "try" to save lives or at the very least, improve the quality of life of a patient....... this I think is what the general public don't realise that sometimes there really isn't anything you can do but keep a person comfortable as possible as the inevitable nears.

I've had quite a few shifts where I have come on and have been handed over that patient X is now in a single room, deteriorated condition, blah blah blah... nothing can be done. It's hard to deal with because not only do you have to look after the patient, while still caring for them and maintaining their dignity, but informing relatives that they have taken a turn for the worse and it would be a good idea to come to the hospital.

I'll be brief, there was this time, end of my late shift... finishing at 23:00, I had finished my work and ready for handover to the nightduty staff... went around asking the other nurses to see if they needed a hand, and I began helping reposition an elderly lady, who had come in with heavy and I mean heavy PR bleeding, and so to get her up the bed we sat her up a bit...... lasted 2 seconds and went down like a sac of shit, (eyes rolled back of head) quickly took a pulse, taci shortness of breath, obviously sprung another leak.... was not really responsive so I thought fuck it slammed the arrest buzzer, pulled the sheets and blankie off here and there was this massive pool of blood.. I swear it would have been at least 2 liters and was still flowing, arrest team came, another nurse rang blood bank to get a shit load of Packed cells and FFP, somehow managed to put 3 or 4 peripheral lines in and hooked up saline to one, 2 bags of packed cells to the other 2 canulas. I was there holding the 2 bags of blood up, squeezing them so they would infuse as quick as possible........ as much as we where pumping in it as pretty much just comming straight out....... then the patient started to bringing up blood from her mouth.

She had to go to theater, but it was now 00:15 and so it took ages to organise surgeons and prep a theater, at about 03:15 we get the call bring her down.... wheeled her down to theater with about another 5 nurses, still holding bags of fluid and FFP and P/Cells, I was keeping her mouth clear as she continued to bring up blood. So we pretty much kept her going, for 4 and a half hours before sending her to theater.... unfortunatly she passed away just before the procedure began. So after 6-7 bags of Packed cells, 4 bags of FFP, a few bags of saline, and 5 hours overtime, the poor chookie didn't pull through....

So this shit regaurding doctors and nurses not providing the best possible care is bollocks! And 60 minutes made me mad on Sunday cause, yes the where focusing on a particular hospital, but in true dipstick, bias journalism that 60 minutes has become so famous for over the years, they indirectly attempted to point the finger at all doctors working within australian hospitals. As a professional body of, and I use this term loosely, "respected" journalists, you would think that they would not shoot their mouths off in such a manner that incriminates doctors as being these monsters who decide who shall receive treatment and who shall not.

As far as I'm concerned, 60minute journalists should stick to going overseas and feasting on caviar and all this other exotic food stuffed into thteir esky...... you know what I'm getting at right?? Rolling Eyes Hehe Richard Carlton... the tosser!

gianttomato wrote on Mon, 10 November 2003 19:21

Speedy, I just thought these might be ways to encourage nurses back to nursing. There was no malice intended with the female dominated thing - just I didn't want the the creche thing to be taken the wrong way... Cool

???? What you talking about man?? I didn't take anything the wrong way...... I said "Sorry for what?" which meant I beleived you did not have to appologise for what you said because it is a FACT!! Smile
But you brough up a point....... there is a hugh shortage of nursing staff and to some extent doctors, but the government insists on charging HECS on these degrees, and still paying them peanuts (nurses) or screwing doctors of thousands of dollards over indemnity. My G/F is an RN also and has almost finshed her Midwifery post-grad studies, and just found out that she has to pay $4.5k by Jan 04, because her HECS debt crept a bit over 18k, absolute BS! Hey at least she will be getting a bit of money from 2 papers she wrote that are being published in the Aussie Midwifery Journal thingimabob. So they, kick up a stink because there are hugh shortages but they are not willing to make incentives for people to follow these professions.

Here in QLD, entry into Medicine is different though..... no direct entry from high school, must have a previous uni degree, then have to sit the exams, just to beable to have access to entry, then apply to get in. I think it is a 4 year course.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 November 2003 18:28]

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

If it were a true dislocation of the knee you should have done an awful lot more damage than just an ACL. I suspect the facts are not entirely as presented.

The bruising on the bone indicated a very severy dislocation, and as you suggested, yes, there was a lot more damage done than just a ruptured ACL. But I think we will save all the presentation of the facts for my autobiography. Smile

it's been a saga anyway, and you can't blame me for acting on the advice of multiple health professionals. You may think something, but when they tell you something, it's hard to contradict.

I am off to more sugery on December the first to get a new ACL from my right leg.

hey dude, you might be able to help (speedcore/gt?) why don't they use synthetic ACLs. I know they are out there, why stick with the wimpy flesh?
(btw the surgeon is recognised as one of the best in australia, if not the world, so they tell me Smile )
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Mon, 10 November 2003 17:22

I think we have all missed the point here!

Lambolica - What dance do you teach!!

Ceroc - Sort of modern Jive/Rock n Roll/Dirty dancing/Latin/Salsa all mixed into 1
I'm usually at Denistone East bowling club on Wed
and Beecroft B.C on Thurs.
The Girls Love it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Tue, 11 November 2003 01:55

I presume you have done the 6 year degree and the 10 extra years of orthopedic training and experience to make that determination?

This is the problem the average Joe has with doctors. They assume that because they have done the 6 year degree, etc. etc. that they can accurately diagnose a patient.

The fact is that it doesn't always happen. Be it time constraints with the patient and trying to churn more through (would happen in ER more than anywhere else, but yes there are reasons - more serious patients, no beds, government policies, etc.). Or they're having a bad day and simply miss it in the x-ray.

Ed, looking at an X-ray and not seeing what your looking for is SHIT. Your supposed to be taught to see it! Thats why they're called 'doctors' and not 'people who like to look at pretty x-rays'.

Doctors should more ask for a seccond opinion. Would stop people sueing them, and would give a different perspective. But to my knowledge and experience (major back problem) it doesn't happen, one doctor thinks he knows everything because he's done 6 years at uni and more, plus has specialised after that.

The problem I have in sueing is that its all Hindsight! I hate hindsight, I don't even like photographs because it reminds me of things I could've done but didn't.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
60 minutes - don't even get me started
anyone who pays any attention to that show without considering what they do is lacking in brains. They take a story, portray it in a way to outrage the largest number of people, and then air it. Never mind if the facts got lost along the way.

take for example a little while ago - someone's insurance policy had expired by 3 days, and they had chosen not to renew it, and they made a claim after those 3 days. enter 60 minutes to basically smear the insurance company all over the place.

my question is - where's the argument that the insurance company did anything wrong? Sure, 60 minutes tarted it up by focusing on the hardships of the persona wanting to claim, but none of that changed the fact that they had chosen not to renew their insurance, and as a result you cant make claims!

of course, the insurance company ended up giving in under all the shithouse publicity, and made a payout - which shows 60 minutes basically helping someone commit insurance fraud in my eyes
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Mon, 10 November 2003 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I work full time at IBM. Boring, but get to spend most of my time surfing the net. Very Happy

In regards to the medical:

I am just a little pissed off after reading all that. In fact I think congratulations are in order. You have succeeded in pissing me off more than anything or anyone else in years. Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

You say that it is Rob's fault to begin with. What a load of crap. You guys obviously dont know. As for the misdiagnosis, you say that he should trust in the TWO and not trust the one who is obviously trying to get some money. Bull....

Tell me this, if you were trying to get something fixed by two different people, and neither of them were getting it done. in fact nothing had really changed. Would you stay there and say, well it will get fixed eventually. Well, if you do, you deserve what coming to you. You would go and get another opinion (in this case from one of the top experts in the field). And then if he does his thing, and after that you are starting to get back to normal, would you then think that you should have kept doing the original stuff? If you do, then you are all bigger idiots than I thought.

With the misdaignosis, it really pisses me off when a doctor does it, and then tries to pass if off as, well, it's hard to tell, or it's your own fault because you didnt look after it. Bullcrap. Own up. It's your fault. I wouldnt ever sue a doctor, cause they are doing the best job they can, but at least admit your mistakes.

In the case of a ruptured ACL there are a couple of very simple and quick checks that you can do that will tell you straight away if it is that. Surely a sports doctor would know to look for that. Friggen idiots. And then because he doesnt know that, Rob basically loses out on full, proper movement for the rest of his bloody life.

I could go on for a heck of a lot longer, but I think I had better stop. Smile

[Updated on: Tue, 11 November 2003 00:03]

Julz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Tue, 11 November 2003 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I scrape & hose chewing gum off the footpaths
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Tue, 11 November 2003 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Caledwvech wrote on Tue, 11 November 2003 10:09

Well I work full time at IBM. Boring, but get to spend most of my time surfing the net. Very Happy

In regards to the medical:

I am just a little pissed off after reading all that. In fact I think congratulations are in order. You have succeeded in pissing me off more than anything or anyone else in years. Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

You say that it is Rob's fault to begin with. What a load of crap. You guys obviously dont know. As for the misdiagnosis, you say that he should trust in the TWO and not trust the one who is obviously trying to get some money. Bull....

Tell me this, if you were trying to get something fixed by two different people, and neither of them were getting it done. in fact nothing had really changed. Would you stay there and say, well it will get fixed eventually. Well, if you do, you deserve what coming to you. You would go and get another opinion (in this case from one of the top experts in the field). And then if he does his thing, and after that you are starting to get back to normal, would you then think that you should have kept doing the original stuff? If you do, then you are all bigger idiots than I thought.

With the misdaignosis, it really pisses me off when a doctor does it, and then tries to pass if off as, well, it's hard to tell, or it's your own fault because you didnt look after it. Bullcrap. Own up. It's your fault. I wouldnt ever sue a doctor, cause they are doing the best job they can, but at least admit your mistakes.

In the case of a ruptured ACL there are a couple of very simple and quick checks that you can do that will tell you straight away if it is that. Surely a sports doctor would know to look for that. Friggen idiots. And then because he doesnt know that, Rob basically loses out on full, proper movement for the rest of his bloody life.

I could go on for a heck of a lot longer, but I think I had better stop. Smile

thats exactly what im saying
Im not saying all doctors are neglegent.. but the ones that dont take care in their jobs enough to properly look after patients etc. The ones who do care are great. But some just dont care enough anymore to do their job properly.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING? Tue, 11 November 2003 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
SPEEDCORE wrote on Tue, 11 November 2003 05:22

So this shit regaurding doctors and nurses not providing the best possible care is bollocks! And 60 minutes made me mad on Sunday cause, yes the where focusing on a particular hospital, but in true dipstick, bias journalism that 60 minutes has become so famous for over the years, they indirectly attempted to point the finger at all doctors working within australian hospitals. As a professional body of, and I use this term loosely, "respected" journalists, you would think that they would not shoot their mouths off in such a manner that incriminates doctors as being these monsters who decide who shall receive treatment and who shall not.

As i said in my last post plenty of doctors do provide the best possible care and do the best possible job they can. but its a shame it doesent apply to all. Plenty just dont care or are too uneducated.
Like, say you have 2 doctors... 1 cares about his job and has 20 yrs experience in a certain field... the 2nd doesent care about his job and is straight out of uni or whatever. Who has more chance of picking up that something is wrong..?
Pages (5): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Newbie to Toymods
Next Topic:stock sprinters - overpriced?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 06:38:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010156154632568 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.