Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » expressions of interest: Charade Turbo

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
expressions of interest: Charade Turbo Thu, 06 November 2003 23:54 Go to next message
Charade G11R turbo, march '85
- 12 Months Rego
- Full engine rebuild about 40000km's ago
- Replaced battery, piston rings, bottom end bearings, head gasket, clutch plate and fully reconditioned head 1000kms ago.
- Boost tap is connected but hasn't been turned up since replacing the rings, bearings etc.

Interior:
- Phillips CD head unit with 6 inch rear speakers and 4 inch front speakers.
- No rips in seat
- No cracks in dashboard

Exterior:
- 13x6 Cheviot rims with almost new tyres (3000kms old).
- Rear koni shocks and rear spring conversion from an 85 Mitsubishi Colt.
- 2.25 inch straight through turbo back exhaust.
- Very good condition paint (except bonnet, which is to be resprayed).
- No rust!

Included:
*Another G11 for spares (including turbo and other goodies).
*2 extra sets of wheels all with tyres, along with the ones fitted.
('series 1 turbo wheels' and 'series 2 turbo wheels')

I would be looking for about $3500 for EVERYTHING. If anybody is interested please send me a pm. It would great for a first car or a project car if you were to put the twin cam turbo engine from the charade GTti. It makes these thing unbeleivably fast because they are so light.
I dont know how to post pictures but i have heaps of them. Is there somebody I can send them to who will put them up for me? Otherwise i'll send send pics individually.

email - forphuxake_69@hotmail.com

cheers, Tom
  Send a private message to this user    
investo
Regular

October 2003
icon2.gif  Re: expressions of interest: Charade Turbo Fri, 07 November 2003 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you tried http://www.pbase.com

or use the 'upload file' thing
poppin_fresh
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: expressions of interest: Charade Turbo Sat, 08 November 2003 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, chop us out some pics to:
kif25@hotmail.com
Whats it go like with just the standard engine?
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: expressions of interest: Charade Turbo Sat, 08 November 2003 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It goes pretty hard with the standard engine and boost kicks in hard in 1st and second gear. Putting your foot flat in 1st makes the wheels chirp, and then changing into 2nd the wheels can spin. It also feels like your going faster than you really are because of the boost so its alot of fun to drive!

Attachment: Interior.jpg
(Size: 82.98KB, Downloaded 117 time(s))
Attachment: front RHS2.jpg
(Size: 80.21KB, Downloaded 129 time(s))
Attachment: rearLHS.jpg
(Size: 79.15KB, Downloaded 72 time(s))

poppin_fresh
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: expressions of interest: Charade Turbo Sat, 08 November 2003 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much would the DOHC engine cost? like, for a transplant. Would this need to be engineered, or is it a straight, legal swap? And where are you?
thanks dude.
clancey
Regular

July 2002
Re: expressions of interest: Charade Turbo Sat, 08 November 2003 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about an expression of disinterest Smile Sorry couldn't help myself Smile
birdofprey
Regular

June 2002
Re: expressions of interest: Charade Turbo Sat, 08 November 2003 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what a little weapon, i bet it goes round corners and is easy to park to boot!!
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: expressions of interest: Charade Turbo Sat, 08 November 2003 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im not sure about the price of the twin cam engine. Its a very easy swap though. The Twin cam engine is called a CB70 or CB80 and has 78kw. It doesn't need to be engineered either coz your replacing a daihatsu 1 litre 3 cyl turbo, with a daihatsu 1 litre 3 cyl turbo. Lots of guys in this forum http://forums.eis.net.au/index.php
have done the twin cam conversion (which is said to be only a little bit harder than pulling the original engine out and putting it back in) or they have experience with the motors and would be able to give you prices and other details.
You bet its great around corners!!! taking it around a series of tight corners always leaves me with a huge grin on my face, its such a chuckable car! parking is just not an issue at all either.
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: expressions of interest: Charade Turbo Sat, 08 November 2003 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
forgot to mention im in castle hill
FLU77R
Regular

January 2003
Re: expressions of interest: Charade Turbo Tue, 11 November 2003 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
twin cam motor swap is so damn easy, but you have to use a EFI tank from later model charade or external pumps, but damn its worth it!. G11's with cb70s are damn damn quick cars. Cheap, easy conversion that will chop 200's and wrx's! (speaking from experience). The cb70's are getting hard to find though.

nIck..
FLU77R
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: expressions of interest: Charade Turbo Tue, 11 November 2003 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The other thing you need for the conversion is the brake master cylinder from the later model applause so that it clears the bigger head.
FLU77R
Regular

January 2003
Re: expressions of interest: Charade Turbo Tue, 11 November 2003 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tommo wrote on Tue, 11 November 2003 22:42

The other thing you need for the conversion is the brake master cylinder from the later model applause so that it clears the bigger head.

or a 95 festiva one Laughing sorry, couldnt hel myself. Just sounds funny. I had a mega tough charade with.. a festiva booster lol.. or you can have a tough cb70 with... an applause one lol

i live in castle hill, and ive never seen your car around dude, where do you hide?!. I always flag down g11's to talk to the owners. Do you remember two g11's getting around about a year ago?. One was white with headlight to headlight intercooler and the other was a blue one with supra front mount?. That was me and my mate. We prowled castle hill for ages in those things, snappin up anything that we could run.. lol

NiCk...
FLU77R...
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: expressions of interest: Charade Turbo Wed, 12 November 2003 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha shit, i must have been hiding under a rock! i definantly would've remembered seeing those! At the moment only me and one of my friends have G11 turbos but we dont have plans for a cb70 coz they are only our first cars and we dont have the money. He bought his for $350 and its in pretty shit condition, the chick he bought it off couldnt understand why it kept overheating and it was because one of the radiator hoses wasnt clamped on!! that job fucked up a few things in his engine and he's still fixing it. it also has a shitload of dents and rust. I live behind oakhill college near the primary school and shops. what car do you drive now? we should go for a drive and you can check out my car, tell me if you think its in good condition and crap.
FLU77R
Regular

January 2003
Re: expressions of interest: Charade Turbo Thu, 13 November 2003 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yer, i seen your car around a bit. I saw you tonight turnin onto county, i was in a delivery mate car! haha they are the bomb shit man. I drive a black GTi with Gold simmons. PLates are FLU77R... They were the plates that were on my g11. But the GTi is about to be sold, and im looking at buyin another charade, prob g200 or maybe a bike. my car is at www.cardomain.com\id\flu77r
u might have seen it round. we can meet up sometime man.. email me on wondr8oy@hotmail.com and well meet up if yer want dude.

nICk...
FLU77R
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: expressions of interest: Charade Turbo Thu, 13 November 2003 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha yeah i remember seeing the delivery mate car tonight!! I only found out about those delivery mates last week.. mad place to get beer delivered to ya door! I was working myself delivering pizzas for pizza hut.
I think ive seen the GTi driving around aswell.
I've been doing lots of work on my car lately fixing all the little problems like rattles and crap. i need to get a white bonnet now, and rear seatbelt coz the buckle is broken from some careless fucks who i gave a lift and shut the door on the belt once.
was this your G11 at a toymods dyno day? (if it was, how much power?)

Attachment: nice intercooler.jpg
(Size: 66.26KB, Downloaded 39 time(s))

poppin_fresh
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: expressions of interest: Charade Turbo Thu, 13 November 2003 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much would you et it go for without the spare car? I really wouldnt want it... couldnt get it down here if i wanted to (albury)
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: expressions of interest: Charade Turbo Thu, 13 November 2003 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My starting price is $3000 without the spare car.
It might be possible to organise delivery to Albury if you cant but it would mean and overnight stop for me and trip to the pub. Depends if any of my mates or brother are willing to drive down with me so i have transport back.

Heres a pic of the CB70 (twin cam engine) because a few people were asking me about them.

Attachment: twincam.jpg
(Size: 87.55KB, Downloaded 45 time(s))

FLU77R
Regular

January 2003
Re: expressions of interest: Charade Turbo Fri, 14 November 2003 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yer, thats my old G11. The blue one in the other photos is my mates, and the G100 is a genuine GTti Shocked and thats jason's, (or SLYBOY from daihard) How much power on that day?.. the quick answer is more than the 4AGE's and almost as much as a 4AGZE. Laughing haha but on that stinkin HOT day (42degrees in the dyno cell), running only 17psi it made 92kw@wheels. It was tuned to run 24psi, but the wastegate couldnt hold it. It had been previously dynoed at 115kw@wheels.. since then its been rebuilt with external gate etc and was dynoed at 145kw@wheels, not bad for a 1L 3cyl. oh, and it weighs 550kgs with full tank.. hmmm.. im miss her Sad

nICk..
FLU77R
micooke
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: expressions of interest: Charade Turbo Fri, 14 November 2003 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clancey wrote on Sat, 08 November 2003 19:10

How about an expression of disinterest Smile Sorry couldn't help myself Smile

I second that for sure!
Why oh why would anyone want a charade? For 1 its made by daihatsu (BTW: isnt this supposed to be a TOYOTA FORUM), they look like a cerial bow turned on its side with lego wheels put on them, and they dont perform much better.

The only time i would ever buy a charade is if i wanted to make an artificial reef for fishing. What can i say, daihatsu did succeed in creating a four seater ride on lawn mower!

One of my mates has a chrade turbo, and although he loves it for some reason, he admits that a 3cylinder 1L engine was NOT made for a turbo. He has had the turbo blow twice, had to completely rebuild the engine 3 times, all in the space of 4 years. All on standard boost.

My advice to poppin_fresh is to buy an old school celica. maybe an RA60. I have one, and they handle like theyre on rails if treated well. People may respect yo a bit more 2.

My advice to Tommo is get the bike, even a pushy will be an upgrade.

You guys will probably ignore me, and i dont care. So go cut the springs, put on a wing an a 6 inch dump, and burn rice!
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: expressions of interest: Charade Turbo Fri, 14 November 2003 05:39 Go to previous message
anybody can blow a turbo if they treat them like shit.
I wish someone would take you for a drive in a CB70 powered charade to show you just what "rice" is. I dont think youd be laughing at the charade when you fly past a WRX.
Yeah the charades not the best looking car, but hell, so is an RA60 celica in my opinion. celicas got ugly when the 80's began only started looking sweet after 86 or whatever year the FWD ones came out (no offence just my opinion).
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:F/S - RA28 Celica. See photos $800
Next Topic:1990 corolla seca GZE Brisbane *Price drop*
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 15:31:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.026329040527344 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.