Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1GGE engine mounts/the Holy Grail and other raritys.....

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
amon
Regular

September 2003
1GGE engine mounts/the Holy Grail and other raritys..... Wed, 12 November 2003 00:50 Go to next message
As you may have already guessed i am doing the 1GGTE/RA28 conv,and of cousre i need these {seem to be}rare as roking horse poop metal bracket mounts.
Can anyone help/point/recomend anything to help.
regards Amon Confused
  Send a private message to this user    
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1GGE engine mounts/the Holy Grail and other raritys..... Wed, 12 November 2003 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you only need them if you got cast mounts with ya engine

what ya get?
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 1GGE engine mounts/the Holy Grail and other raritys..... Wed, 12 November 2003 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We couldn't find them either when we were doing my RA28 / 1GGTE conversion. We bought a brand new set of 18R mounts and turned them around so the safety clips are facing outwards...

Works like a charm.

Cheers Kirk
amon
Regular

September 2003
Re: 1GGE engine mounts/the Holy Grail and other raritys..... Wed, 12 November 2003 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You guessed it,cast ones.i spent$20 phoning around for N/A 1GGE metal mounts NUTHING,Kirk you ledge thankyou for a direct answer from somebody who has done it.now of to toyota hehe.
it draws closer Cool Evil or Very Mad Amon
amon
Regular

September 2003
Re: 1GGE engine mounts/the Holy Grail and other raritys..... Thu, 13 November 2003 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doooooh!!!terminology letting me down,i need the brackets from the block to the mounts.Back to square 1,i suppose yelling heeelp at this moment is required,craig,anyone.
regards Amon Confused
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 1GGE engine mounts/the Holy Grail and other raritys..... Thu, 13 November 2003 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why not just get some welded up??? make a mock up out of thick cardboard, take it to a half decent engineering shop and ask them to make it in maybe 4 or 5mm thick metal???

you should probably ask your engineer about what type/thickness of metal to use...

would be easier than tryng to source the grail..... you can even ask the shop to give you a quote on how much it'd cost.. or you could help them by cutting the bits first?
Cya, Stewart
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: 1GGE engine mounts/the Holy Grail and other raritys..... Mon, 17 November 2003 07:33 Go to previous message
Amon,
Are you still chasing 1G-GTE steel fabricated engine mounts ?
I have the remains of a 1G-GTE engine at home.
Let me know mate.
Mitch.
Perth.
(I just found this thread).
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MR2 air flow
Next Topic:cressida 4m transplant options
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 21:43:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0037848949432373 seconds