Toymods » Tech & Conversions » MicroTech & Idle Speed Controller Valve on 1JZ

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
MicroTech & Idle Speed Controller Valve on 1JZ Tue, 26 August 2003 13:42 Go to next message
"The idle speed controller (ISC-valve) is located on the intake manifold. This is a little stepper motor controlled by the computer. Normally it allows measured air to bypass the throttle valve, in order to idle the engine. As the VPC replaces the stock air flow measuring mechanism, we installed a tiny K&N air filter on the ISC." From <http://supras.nl/>

Why can't my MicroTech LTX12 be wired up to control this valve on a 1JZ? It can control an R33 valve i think.

Or, is there anyway to make an incabin switch to make it idle when its cold, then turn it off when its warm?

Any other ideas?
  Send a private message to this user    
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MicroTech & Idle Speed Controller Valve on 1JZ Tue, 26 August 2003 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's possible & even easy to create a switchable device that could be manually controlled or hooked up to operate automatically, but it will either be on or off, open or closed, whereas stepper motors, & in my case the 4AGE has a thermal wax pellet controlled valve arrangement that has coolant circulating and the warmer it gets the closer to fully open the valve is, these provide a gradual or stepped movement from open to closed. Which requires a variable input, either directly from coolant temp like the wax pellet or electonically through a water temp sensor (and whatever else they want to hook up to it, A/C, power steering etc) & then out of a computer as a varying voltage to control a stepper motor, which the microtech is unable to do.
I'd be interested to hear the results of a simple switched valve, as I wanna get rid of my wax pellet valve but I also have a microtech, so I'm in the same boat as you.

Even then, the microtech only has 1 auxiliary output, so hopefully this is the only thing you want to use it for, & even then you'd have to use the AuxFAN function as it's the one which uses a preset water temp to control the output, and then it only switches power on at the prest value, & then off 5 degrees cooler, so you'd need a valve that's open & then closes with power applied or something like that. I'm sure microtech could reprogram it to turn off at a preset temp, but it will never control a stepper motor.

I've been meaning to try out a switched idle valve, but just havn't got round to doing it yet. Smile
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MicroTech & Idle Speed Controller Valve on 1JZ Tue, 26 August 2003 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your reply.

This brings up another concern, how am I going to get my Airconditioner to work with my microtech. I guess I'm going to have to somehow intergrate my stock ECU in somehow, and even then the MicroTech won't raise the RPM when the compressor is switched on.

So without any input im guessing the stock stepper motor is left in a position were the car will still run? is it's off setting it's warmed up setting?
juicen
Occasional Poster

July 2003

Re: MicroTech & Idle Speed Controller Valve on 1JZ Tue, 11 November 2003 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Instead of starting a new topic I thought I'd bump up this one - I too have a Microtech (LTX-12) running in my soarer (JZZ30) and surprise surprise - no air-con or idle-control!

Another soarer owner has managed to get his air-con working with his Motec ECU, which encountered the same air-con failure when the ECU was modified to directly control ignition (i think Rolling Eyes). Along with air-con failure, I also have no in-dash RPM - which i've been told is affected by the same situation.

pppllleeeaaassseee hhheeelllppp ... thanx Razz

*edit - idle problem dealt with in other topic

[Updated on: Tue, 11 November 2003 23:20]

Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MicroTech & Idle Speed Controller Valve on 1JZ Wed, 12 November 2003 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
juicen,

I've had to drive like that for a while now. Maybe if you get the idle and cold start maps redone perhaps? This might solve it, initially for the first 5-10 mins it will idle badly or stall, but after that it will run fine until it warms up.

With the RPM, they managed to get my digital dash working with it and I have the older model Soarer.

At the moment, as it is summer, getting the airconditioner to work with the MicroTech is my main priority, but no one seems to know or can help me with it. As far as I know, it just needs to engage the compressor and raise the rpm's slightly. But I was wondering, could it be possible to have a switch, like i thought it would have anyway, once you press the A/C button on your dash, to activate the compressor, and not worry about raising the RPM?

I'm sure there are a quite a few people here with MicroTech's and aircon!

Danish.
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: MicroTech & Idle Speed Controller Valve on 1JZ Wed, 12 November 2003 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does the 1JZ have a 3 wire stepper motor??

if so i may be able to get this setup for you, i have the 3 wire on my misses car running off the LT8,

are you running 6 coils or 3 coils with waste spark?

if we can get this done, you can use the aux input to idle up when the aircon is switched on,

at the moment i havent got this setup on the misses car and it idles fine with the aircon on,

also does the air con compressor actually click in?? if not i know how to fix this

Dale
juicen
Occasional Poster

July 2003

Re: MicroTech & Idle Speed Controller Valve on 1JZ Wed, 12 November 2003 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
10sec_rx7 wrote on Wed, 12 November 2003 10:36

...also does the air con compressor actually click in??...

it doesn't engage - or even try - just the Air-con light comes on, no action.

As for the other questions ... i'm mechanically inept Embarassed so I can't help. sorry Embarassed

cheers,

-jason-
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: MicroTech & Idle Speed Controller Valve on 1JZ Wed, 12 November 2003 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK it dosent engage because who ever fitted your computer messed it up, you need to have the signal from the CAS going to the factory ecu so it can lock in the air con, you will need to do some wiring to get this working correctly,

ill check on the idle valve for you guys and let you know

Dale
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MicroTech & Idle Speed Controller Valve on 1JZ Wed, 12 November 2003 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So would the CAS run through my stock 1G-GTEU ECU, then in parralell to my LTX-12? Therefore giving me aircon, and not interfering with the LTX-12 or 1JZ?
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: MicroTech & Idle Speed Controller Valve on 1JZ Wed, 12 November 2003 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats correct, you have to leave the wires going from the CAS to the factory ecu and then tap into them with the microtech wires, this is how i do the 200sx, starlet etc etc, all the air con works.

Dale
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MicroTech & Idle Speed Controller Valve on 1JZ Wed, 12 November 2003 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So the standard ECU will work even though only 1 wire is going into it? ie. CAS. and Then it can switch on the compressor?

I'm not to sure how I go about this. I guess the other problem is finding out which wires have to go into the stock ECU from the aircon.

10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: MicroTech & Idle Speed Controller Valve on 1JZ Wed, 12 November 2003 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is your factory ecu still in the car?? it should be there somewhere with some wires still hooked up to it to run things like the dash lights and stuff,

Dale
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MicroTech & Idle Speed Controller Valve on 1JZ Wed, 12 November 2003 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No the ECU is out, I still kept it though. The MicroTech is running everything, digital dash, etc. However the only things that don't work are the warning lights and the warning tone when you leave your lights on.
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: MicroTech & Idle Speed Controller Valve on 1JZ Wed, 12 November 2003 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok it will be a matter of finding the wires that came out of the factory ecu for the air con and hook them up to ign or earth to make the compressor click in.,

Dale
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MicroTech & Idle Speed Controller Valve on 1JZ Wed, 12 November 2003 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, i'll be trying that in a few weeks. Thanks heaps.
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: MicroTech & Idle Speed Controller Valve on 1JZ Wed, 12 November 2003 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no probs,

if you can supply me with some wiring digrams i will have a look and tell you which wires to play with

Dale
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MicroTech & Idle Speed Controller Valve on 1JZ Thu, 13 November 2003 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have just received an E-Mail from Tim Possingham that deals with MicroTech tuning/installs here in Adelaide.

Apparantly you do not need the stock ECU to get the airconditioner to work! That is news to me and many other people i'd say on this forum! Once I get my condensor back on and check the whole system out I'm definately going to get this fixed! If that is the case 10sec_rx7 what wires would go where to engage the compressor and lift the rev's?

Also 10sec_rx7 if i wanted to add Air/Fuel, Boost & Intake Air temp sensors, where would I buy these and are they easy to install and add to the MicroTech if I did it myself?

By the way, I've searched the whole net, and I can't find any diagrams for my GZ20. I do have diagrams for my 1JZ though and MA70's.

Cheers.

[Updated on: Thu, 13 November 2003 11:15]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MicroTech & Idle Speed Controller Valve on 1JZ Thu, 13 November 2003 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm pretty sure mtech has an air intake temp sensor
boost is already sensed through your MAP sensor
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MicroTech & Idle Speed Controller Valve on 1JZ Thu, 13 November 2003 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i cant see it being to dificult to get a/c workin
even with microtech

u can have one idle up valve
make it turn on when car is cold
then turn of when hot
then turn on when a/c is turned on
its easy

another way for cold start is to fit a nissan auxilary air valve whick works of power to fuel pump

[Updated on: Thu, 13 November 2003 12:48]

Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MicroTech & Idle Speed Controller Valve on 1JZ Thu, 13 November 2003 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"another way for cold start is to fit a nissan auxilary air valve whick works of power to fuel pump"

How does that work for cold start?

Yeah MicroTech can do all that. I didn't realise it could measure boost from the MAP sensor, that's a bit silly of me!

Sideshow: I guess i'll be getting Tim to wire up my aircon then!
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MicroTech & Idle Speed Controller Valve on 1JZ Thu, 13 November 2003 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it has a valve which is open at cold temps

it uses power from the fuel pump
so only works when fuel pump is running

it heats up a bimetal strip which then this strip bends due to heat from when it gets 12 volts

as it bends it closes the openin so the idle up valve is then blocked
u can buy them new from bosch pretty cheap

2nd hand ones often stick or play up

u dont need the std ecu for a/c to work ( im pretty sure)

[Updated on: Thu, 13 November 2003 13:11]

Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MicroTech & Idle Speed Controller Valve on 1JZ Thu, 13 November 2003 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But doesn't my fuel pump run all the time? Bosch 979.
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MicroTech & Idle Speed Controller Valve on 1JZ Thu, 13 November 2003 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if yr fuel pump is hooked up correctly then it should only run when engine is running

it doesnt realy matter u can connect these valves of ignition
as long as u dont leave ignition on alot before u start it
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: MicroTech & Idle Speed Controller Valve on 1JZ Thu, 13 November 2003 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have always used the factory ecu to control the air con, it just saves a heap of messing around,

what i have found with toyotas there is a relay in the loom that triggers when the engine is running, you just need to find this and trigger it with the ign on and the aircon should work.

Dale
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MicroTech & Idle Speed Controller Valve on 1JZ Thu, 13 November 2003 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whether u use the factory ecu or the aftyermarket ecu
the a/c is the same

when u change the engine
u still have to fuk around and connect the wires to the a/c

most of the time the newer engine has more advanced sensors
like slip sensors and stuff

all u need to find is the wire that triggers the magnetic clutch

then find which wire goes to the magnetic clutch on the a/c
u might have to bypass the sensors on the a/c and join these together
then its piss easy to make yr own idle up solenoid to get triggered of the power that turns on the a/c
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MicroTech & Idle Speed Controller Valve on 1JZ Thu, 13 November 2003 23:00 Go to previous message
microtech strikes again Twisted Evil
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Halogen converson for old car
Next Topic:In-Dash Tacho Conversion for RT118/104 Coronas??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 13:35:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.098359823226929 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.