Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » %#*@ great cops!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
red rolla
Regular

July 2002
%#*@ great cops! Mon, 29 July 2002 17:11 Go to next message
I posted this in a part of for sale but i had to tell it again! I got done a night ago for street racing with a mate. Did 160kmh past a rodeo copper with my friend in his aw11 mr2.
Got done for not updating my address on my license!!!!!!!!!!! STOKED!!!
He did a defect check and all, passed the pod filter, exhaust, mags, how low it is, steering wheel, plus my mate ran up the back of me a few weeks ago and passed the cracked tail light but defected me for a worn brake pedal rubber!!!!!
SO STOKED
All up, $74 fine!

Like the cop said i would never see my car again but after talking with him a bit, not bein a hard ass he let me go. Plus he had shitall proof of anything! Im so stoked coz im on my P's. Like thuis was done at like 3 am on a Thursday night kinda thing too. It goes to show that police can be reasonable.
By the end I was telling him what i had sdone to the car and what else i wanted to do. He was chatting about how he had an Integra Type R with some work too. Not all police want to %*#@ you. They are just doing their job.

It's kind of nice to know that.
Just thought id share a new experience with everyone

[swearing edited by moderator]

[Updated on: Tue, 30 July 2002 10:48] by Moderator

Send a private message to this user    
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: fuckin great cops! Mon, 29 July 2002 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try it again I dare ya ! No No No
MaNGeW
Forums Junkie

Formerly TRD_RoLLa

May 2002
Re: fuckin great cops! Tue, 30 July 2002 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reminds me of the incident i had a year or so ago with Julz.
Rolling Eyes
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: fuckin great cops! Tue, 30 July 2002 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i'll give ya the $74 if ya try it again Very Happy
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: fuckin great cops! Tue, 30 July 2002 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For him being so light on you though the next guy gets done and wont get any get out of jail free cards either!!!

Your damn lucky! Lap it up!
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: fuckin great cops! Tue, 30 July 2002 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah cops can surprise me with their niceness sometimes

is it just to P platers or something ??

As was said b4 ...not all cops are assholes
Bounty
Regular

May 2002

Re: fuckin great cops! Tue, 30 July 2002 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dam lucky eh, I think if you try and be a bit reasonable with them and there not total dicks you can get away with a bit of the loud system or doing 100kms over the limit Wink
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: fuckin great cops! Tue, 30 July 2002 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One thing I am yet to experience is beef from cops about my car.
I've been pulled over only 3 times in 3.5 years (not including RBTs), and they may have asked about rego or had a sus of the tyres, but no one's ever gone for any inspections or anything.

hehehe Hehehe, actually, I don't think I told anyone this, but on the dyno day, just before the cops rocked up, I was driving around, and went up the next street up from sunblest cr, which was a huge dead end, perfect for doughies, and absolutely covered in rubber.
Anyway, I went down and noticed a police car up one of the driveways, the driver having a chat with someone. So I chuck a u-ey & started driving back to the dyno venue, and he follows me round & pulls me up just down the road round the corner from the dyno.
So he checks my rego, looks at my licence, and is pleasent enough.He mentioned something about if he was 2 minutes later he'd prolly be confiscating my car, which I couldn't really argue with, like I said it was the perfect spot (hey rod, I bet you know the one!) even though I honestly wasn't there to rip doughies.
So he askes what I'm doing all the way out at Mt Druitt, when I live in Tuzz, and I told him about the dyno day.
I think he took it too literally when I told him a few people would prolly get a bit scared if he drove past the dyno place, cos 2 minues later there's another 2 cop cars coming from either end of the street...... Rolling Eyes

Even then, most of the cops were pretty friendly, and gave no one trouble that didn't ask for it. It's good to hear more & more of these stories.
Maybe the tide is turning.

[Updated on: Tue, 30 July 2002 12:22]

Esteban
Regular

June 2002
Re: %#*@ great cops! Wed, 31 July 2002 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, ive tried hard to be an arsehole all day ... and its pretty tuff Smile Maybe the cop skipped a meal? Rolling
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: %#*@ great cops! Wed, 31 July 2002 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn lucky!!! I spose i've been lucky aswell... I was flying through Hornsby one night with the exhaust going off it's nut... Then out of nowhere there are bloody high beams in my rear - view mirror... SHIT!!! So i pull over in the next street and he comes to my window... Breath test... Okay... Has a walk around the car... Comes back to me and tells me that my "P" plates are'nt sufficiently shown... Fair enough... There was only about 1/4 of the plate actually visable... Hehehe... He tells me to fix them and bring them back the next day... So i rocked up the next day and showed him what i had done and all was fine... Nice ppl...
Maybe the tides are turning... Hmmmm...
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: %#*@ great cops! Wed, 31 July 2002 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ummm, does the moderator who edited this realise most of the replies have "Re: f**kin' great cops!" anyway??
duckman
Regular

June 2002
Re: %#*@ great cops! Wed, 31 July 2002 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*gasp*
thats naughty
my fragile little mind.... No No No (not adolensent anymore....turned 18 last sunday w00t!!!!! legal adult am i...go yoda speak)
Shteeve
Regular

July 2002

Re: %#*@ great cops! Wed, 31 July 2002 03:44 Go to previous message
i think that cops generally aren't that bad, and if your'e not a dickhead with them they'll be nice back. think of a certain pizza delivery boy (hi grant) going about 130-140 in a 90 zone, and only getting done for having slicks on..

and i once got done for 16 over the speed limit cos i was rushing home to get my p plates and licence out of my other car, and after explaining the situation to the cop, only got done for the speeding, and like $150 is alot better than double that....

or mabye we're just lucky...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Sprinter questions
Next Topic:Chopping!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:21:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065071582794189 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.