Toymods » Members Rides » PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MIKE_JZA70_TYPE_R
Regular

November 2003
icon4.gif  PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Fri, 14 November 2003 03:58 Go to next message
I have had my Supra for about three months, she used to belong to a HKS employee in Japan.
Mods include:
HKS POD FILTER.
HKS 3 1/4" INTAKE PIPE.
3" EXHAUST FROM THE DUMP PIPE BACK.
HKS EVCIII BOOST CONTROLLER.
VOLK RACING 17" WHEELS.

I AM LOOKING AT THE MOMENT TO GET THE DUMP PIPES DONE, AS I WOULD LIKE THE SYSTEM TO BREATHE A BIT MORE. OTHER THAN THAT SHE IS STOCK, I HAVE HAD THE BOOST CONTROLLER SET YET EITHER, BUT AM HANGING TO GET HER ONTO A DYNO ONCE THAT IS DONE.

ANY IDEAS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE ME.

CHEERS
MIKE
  Send a private message to this user    
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Fri, 14 November 2003 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.trephination.net/gallery/macros/capslock.gif
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Fri, 14 November 2003 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MIKE_JZA70_TYPE_R wrote on Fri, 14 November 2003 14:58

OTHER THAN THAT SHE IS STOCK

nice!

but what makes it a "Type R"
MIKE_JZA70_TYPE_R
Regular

November 2003
icon6.gif  Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Fri, 14 November 2003 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bilstien suspension, bigger sway bar, no front fog/ driving lights as these are now brake cooling ducts, MOMO wheel and shift knob, Recaro seats.

BTW how do i put the photos onto this thread it is driving up the wall.

Mike
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Fri, 14 November 2003 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you'll have to host the pics on some webspace, only the for sale forum allows you to add picture

just put the word out someone on the forums will be willing to host your pics for u.
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Fri, 14 November 2003 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61

but what makes it a "Type R"?

MIKE_JZA70_TYPE_R wrote on Fri, 14 November 2003 15:40

Bilstien suspension, bigger sway bar, no front fog/ driving lights as these are now brake cooling ducts, MOMO wheel and shift knob, Recaro seats.

BTW how do i put the photos onto this thread it is driving up the wall.

Mike

LMFAO!! :-

Very nice car man!

BTW: I have a TYPE R Starlet, N/A too! Laughing
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Sun, 16 November 2003 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats so funny about that?

from what i've read up on jza70's the type R isnt all that much different from the normal spec ones
just a few extra goodies and less comfortable seats Razz
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Sun, 16 November 2003 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I take it he was refering to a JZA70 TT R......

I still don't see TYPE R!
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Tue, 18 November 2003 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice. Although I would like to see some pics. I am sure some people here would be happy to host them for you......

Sounds like a pretty tight package though.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Tue, 18 November 2003 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SPEEDCORE wrote on Sun, 16 November 2003 19:06

I still don't see TYPE R!

maybe its a hybrid integra? Smile
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Tue, 18 November 2003 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol. Did anyone see that hybrid Integra in the Auto Salon Magazine???? Confused
MIKE_JZA70_TYPE_R
Regular

November 2003
Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Wed, 19 November 2003 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gents,

Please forgive me, for i have been misleading you and you have all been onto it. The car is in fact a JZA70 twin turbo R supra. Sorry to all for the TYPE R that i headed the forum with.

Sorry

Mike Confused
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Wed, 19 November 2003 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah. I'm jealous. Very Happy
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Thu, 20 November 2003 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
still no pics?
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Thu, 20 November 2003 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He's working on it dude. Needs someone to host them for him. Sad
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Thu, 20 November 2003 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would host if i get could my mums friken BPA webspace activated
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Thu, 20 November 2003 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill host em..
christopha@optusnet.com.au
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Thu, 20 November 2003 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://members.optusnet.com.au/krix1/HKS%20Boost%2 0Controller.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/krix1/Inside%20Cabi n.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/krix1/Inside%20of%2 0Cabin%20Through%20Drivers%20Door.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/krix1/Rear%20of%20S upra.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/krix1/Right%20Rear. jpg

its a nice ride dude Very Happy
do u mind me asking how much it was?

[Updated on: Thu, 20 November 2003 03:55]

MIKE_JZA70_TYPE_R
Regular

November 2003
Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Thu, 20 November 2003 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gents,
Above are the photo's of my car, many thanks to STR8 2.8 for hosting the pictures.

Mike
reddy sx
Regular

November 2003
Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Tue, 02 December 2003 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very sweet ride dude! U should feel so lucky this car rulz! Smile
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Tue, 02 December 2003 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How heavy are the Type R Supras.
JZA70_R
Regular

December 2003

Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Tue, 02 December 2003 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I also have recently purchased myself an 90 model R type supra, damn I've waited so long for mine, it is manual also and the best colour black Very Happy Oh and the supras weigh about 1500kg or so. Boooo, the only thing wrong with them... but i still love mine Very Happy
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Wed, 03 December 2003 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why no pics of the front
MIKE_JZA70_TYPE_R
Regular

November 2003
Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Wed, 03 December 2003 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Photo's were taken at my work place, from the front looking back there are some areas surrounding building's that are not deemed suitable for the public to see.

Sorry, will organise some new photo's soon.
Looking forward to the up coming dyno day aswell

Mike
AE92poit
Regular

January 2003

Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Sat, 06 December 2003 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Very Happy Very Happy

gotta love twin turbo R's Smile

mine is a little sick but nothing some tlc shouldnt fix :DD Very Happy
MIKE_JZA70_TYPE_R
Regular

November 2003
Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Wed, 17 December 2003 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gents,

Car comes out of the shop on Friday......
Took forever

Will have some new photo's up soon and maybe a video

Cheers
Mike
VanLewen
Newcomer

July 2003
Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Mon, 26 January 2004 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Guys, Have a look at the tacho in the second pic(i think)....
Do u see what i see??? Maybe an auto to manual conversion...???
Imagine what sourght of tough R154 a HKS empyoyee would squeeze into his personal car... if it even is an R154.... The mind boggles..... Shocked Latter guys, Rob Blood.
MIKE_JZA70_TYPE_R
Regular

November 2003
icon4.gif  Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Mon, 26 January 2004 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The mind boggles..... Yes it does Asshole...
I would like to point out that a: you have no idea b: you should research or at least know your subject before gobbing off.

If you were half educated you would know that the 500 R Supra's built were in fact toyota in house conversions, from would you believe, auto to man!.. So suprise the mind boggles again.
Yes it is an R154 and yes it is genuine.....

Just a quick one Rob, if you are going to post don't be a dick about it.....

Cheers
Mike
Twisted Evil
VanLewen
Newcomer

July 2003
Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Fri, 06 February 2004 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I never meant any disrespect to your car, im a huge fan of the JZA 70, but u of all people should know that it is very very difficult to find any information on the jza70. im really quite confused as to why u feel so angry, it was just a simple question by someone who is a little ignorant. if we were all genius's there would be no point for forums like this and we would all be bored shitless. i thought toymoders were a slightly more understanding lot, maybe i was wrong and this isnt the place for me.
MIKE_JZA70_TYPE_R
Regular

November 2003
icon4.gif  Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Fri, 06 February 2004 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude,
Sorry for being a little gruff, i must have just picked up on the post in the wrong mood. And yes i do know how hard it is to find information on the JZA70 however when chasing information in regards to the JZA70 i do not have a go a people or the cars. I think the way in which your post was structured that annoyed me (sounded like you were pulling the piss).

Cheers
Mike
VanLewen
Newcomer

July 2003
Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Sat, 07 February 2004 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No piss pulling was intended man, but i understand how it could have been misread and for that i apoligise most humbly. Actually mate i was in awe at the possibilities of what mods may have been preformed on your car. but again apologies for any aggravation i caused.
JZA70_R
Regular

December 2003

Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Tue, 02 March 2004 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not tryin to be a dick or anything but they actually made some R type supra's with autos as I have seen them for myself there is one that doesn't live far from me.
AE92poit
Regular

January 2003

Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Tue, 02 March 2004 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
far out how many turbo R's r there in aus? i have one... i know of 2 that have come in as 1/2 cuts .... mike has one and the dude /\ above says he has one and his mate also has one
HKS_TRD
Regular

September 2002
Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Wed, 03 March 2004 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Look on the vehicle build plate and get the transmission code to settle this one, I am pretty sure in the JZA-70 brochure I have here the Type R does not have the auto trans indicator lights on the dash, but I could be wrong. Wastegate has bought a Type R front cut so could confirm here. Either way nice car!
AE92poit
Regular

January 2003

Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Wed, 03 March 2004 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and there ya go another R came in as a 1/2 cut (wastegate) Shocked Shocked Shocked how many are left?!?!?
wastegate
Regular

May 2002

Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Thu, 04 March 2004 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MIKE_JZA70_TYPE_R wrote on Mon, 26 January 2004 21:43

The mind boggles..... Yes it does Asshole...
I would like to point out that a: you have no idea b: you should research or at least know your subject before gobbing off.

If you were half educated you would know that the 500 R Supra's built were in fact toyota in house conversions, from would you believe, auto to man!.. So suprise the mind boggles again.
Yes it is an R154 and yes it is genuine.....

Just a quick one Rob, if you are going to post don't be a dick about it.....

Cheers
Mike
Twisted Evil

Hmm umm hate to burst your bubble here but your facts are alittle wrong.

Fact: The JZA70 TT R (GTTR) did in fact come in Auto Option.

Fact: My Manual GTTR cut was a factory manual and had no O/D or ECTS Lights. The only light on the Manual Tacho is the Oil Light.

Fact: There were more than 500 made. Infact my GTTR vin number was number 5048. If you are thinking of the limited run of 500 it was for the TURBO A that was homoglated for GROUP A racing.

Before you mouth off at someone, make sure that what you mouth off is true.

Just for alittle info. The term GTTR is for the TwinTurbo R as listed in Toyota's EPC.

1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Thu, 04 March 2004 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This vehicle started life as an AUTO by the looks of the dash and has had the Manual conversion , or it has had alot of Kms and someone has replaced the guage cluster with an auto one to get the lower k`s, These came out as the R spec JZA71 in AUTO and 5 speed form and no the 5 speeds were factory and didnt have the ECT or Auto lights on the speedo

Advise me the VIN / Chassis code and i can tell u everything about the vehicle from the EPC
JZA70_R
Regular

December 2003

Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Tue, 09 March 2004 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow u learn something new everyday, i mean i knew there was more than 500 at least i know that mine is an original manual...
AE92poit
Regular

January 2003

Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Wed, 10 March 2004 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JZA70_R wrote on Tue, 09 March 2004 12:53

wow u learn something new everyday, i mean i knew there was more than 500 at least i know that mine is an original manual...

me 2 Smile
MIKE_JZA70_TYPE_R
Regular

November 2003
Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Tue, 23 March 2004 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys,

Before i am skinned anymore......
Forgive me for my ignorance..... and i know it is no excuse.
The above was from the info i was provided.
Car is a standard manual, after checking with Toyota, seems that the crafty devil who owned the car before me changed the speedo due to it dying, hence the auto dash....... Trans code is R154..... so there you go.... once again, Sorry for the misrepresented information, and thanks to the guys for pointing the "Real Facts" out for me.

Mike
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Tue, 23 March 2004 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it purely coincidental that all the photos posted have the steering wheel obstucting the view of the odometer?

and

is your place of occupation top secret or do you just not want random forum visitors at work?

cheers.
poombah
Regular

August 2002

Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Fri, 10 December 2004 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man forum people can be dickheads sometimes...

Nice car. R type.. Type R.. i knew what he meant Very Happy
Super Jamie
Regular

On Probation

December 2002

Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Thu, 13 January 2005 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shutup mofo

very nice car mike Smile
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: PICTURES OF MY JZA70 - TYPE R SUPRA Thu, 13 January 2005 10:32 Go to previous message
hey im sorry. but so should you for digging up this old thread.
havent heard from this guy for a while wonder what he and his car is doing?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1986 Toyota Soarer GZ20 with 1JZ-GTE
Next Topic:New Camry Mods
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 19:17:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065608024597168 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.