Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Sydney AE86 Owners > Can I borrow your doors for rego?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Sydney AE86 Owners > Can I borrow your doors for rego? Fri, 14 November 2003 14:26 Go to next message
can i borrow someones doors
or do you have a set i can use for a few days on a project car??

or is there a wrecker that has a sprinter with doors to buy?

i have a set on ym trueno but with no side intrusion bars
we could swap for a few days/week so i can rego the car?

im in sydney, rockdale area

a slab of beer/bottle of your choice for the person who can help me out
  Send a private message to this user    
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Sydney AE86 Owners > Can I borrow your doors for rego? Sat, 15 November 2003 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
please? anyone?

lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Sydney AE86 Owners > Can I borrow your doors for rego? Sat, 15 November 2003 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when i took my rx7 through it worked out cheaper just to pay the engineer to put the side intrusion bars in than to buy doors
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sydney AE86 Owners > Can I borrow your doors for rego? Sat, 15 November 2003 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought importing via the 15 year rule a car didn't have to get complianced?? Rolling Eyes

To me..... this IS a type of compliancing..... or have I missed the gist of what the rules are?
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Sydney AE86 Owners > Can I borrow your doors for rego? Sat, 15 November 2003 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Considering the cowboys on the street and the fact you want the car road rego'd, I'd be running with intrusion bar doors. I have a set - would you like to swap with some sort of cash adjustment? (I'll be running a full cage in my car, so don't want the weight of the intrusion bars). Freight can be quite cheap using a few contacts I have made over the last few weeks too($60ish).
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Sydney AE86 Owners > Can I borrow your doors for rego? Sat, 15 November 2003 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SPEEDCORE wrote on Sat, 15 November 2003 14:23

I thought importing via the 15 year rule a car didn't have to get complianced?? Rolling Eyes

To me..... this IS a type of compliancing..... or have I missed the gist of what the rules are?

there are some things that need changing prior to registration, an non return fuel filler neck, child restraint anchor points, the correct type of glass in the side vision mirrors, and side intrusion bars.

in the case of my car, the aus spec series 4's had different side intrusion bars to the JDM ones, so transport SA's arguement was that the JDM ones must not have been sufficient to meet the intent of the ADR's, thats why mazda changed them for the australian ones. so i had to have them put in.

varies state to state but yeah i think that ADR's are national so theres not alot u can do.

allthough i do see your point, but you dont need to pay someone for a compliance plate in the case of 15yo's

[Updated on: Sat, 15 November 2003 04:06]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Sydney AE86 Owners > Can I borrow your doors for rego? Sat, 15 November 2003 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh right

how much did that cost you to get them put in lang?

[Updated on: Sat, 15 November 2003 05:13]

Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: Sydney AE86 Owners > Can I borrow your doors for rego? Sat, 15 November 2003 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just borrowed some australian doors... got the engineer to sign 'em off...still gotta give 'em back Rolling Eyes Very Happy Very Happy

cheers drew!

[Updated on: Sat, 15 November 2003 06:31]

lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Sydney AE86 Owners > Can I borrow your doors for rego? Sat, 15 November 2003 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
500 bucks for the engineer to design/make/install them and to give me the engineers report.

Do you need an engineers report?? ie is this an import that you are registering for the 1st time, or have you replaced the doors on an aus spec one.

if you need the engineers report unfortunatley your probably going to have to pay for it (even if you do get someones doors)

if you dont need it then you can probably trick regency into thinking you have side intrusion bars.

to fake it just get a bit of 1 inch diameter square steel tubing (comes with like blue paint on the outside in my case) and lodge/bolt it in about mid way up the door horizontally, that should trick them (this is all the engineer will do anyway)

the other thing you should consider is that if someone did actually t-bone you or you hit something sideways (has been known to happen in 86's) you might be thankfull for a bit of extra protection in the end
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Sydney AE86 Owners > Can I borrow your doors for rego? Sat, 15 November 2003 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh k

so if i get them to do the non return fuel filler neck, child restraint anchor points, the correct type of glass in the side vision mirrors, and side intrusion bars

might cost around $1000?
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Sydney AE86 Owners > Can I borrow your doors for rego? Sat, 15 November 2003 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
depends?

so ur in NSW

have the regency people in NSW given u a list of requirements for things that need to be satisfied prior to inspection.

assuming they have and those things you have listed are on the list of requirements then u have a few options.

you get a complance workshop to take it through for your, and you pay them the whole lot, should cost between about 800-1400 or so at a guess. This is how i did it with my car, its hassle free but expensive. price depends on what needed doing, my car needed change of front struts to a more legal height too with added to the cost all up i think it was about 1100 for me

you organise the engineer and everything else yourself, you still pay the engineer to do the side intrusion bars ect but do everything else (hard but much cheaper)

other alternative is that some service places can do the same work, but i mean compliance places do it all the time.
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Sydney AE86 Owners > Can I borrow your doors for rego? Sat, 15 November 2003 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dont jap-spec have side intrusion bars? And does your doors have that plastic molded interior lining? Not the vinyl covered board liek aus-spec? Cna you send us a pic if you have one?
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: Sydney AE86 Owners > Can I borrow your doors for rego? Sat, 15 November 2003 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lang wrote on Sat, 15 November 2003 17:41

the regency people in NSW

the 'regency people'???

hahahaha

it's called the RTA...Road Traffic Authority.

why do South Australians always say.."you have to take your car through regency"??

it's the suburb, dude...Regency Park.

them South Australians...they crazy!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Sydney AE86 Owners > Can I borrow your doors for rego? Sat, 15 November 2003 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyotaboy wrote on Sat, 15 November 2003 20:21

lang wrote on Sat, 15 November 2003 17:41

the regency people in NSW

the 'regency people'???

hahahaha

it's called the RTA...Road Traffic Authority.

why do South Australians always say.."you have to take your car through regency"??

it's the suburb, dude...Regency Park.

them South Australians...they crazy!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

NSW has Road Traffic Authority http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au

South Australia has Transport SA http://www.transport.sa.gov.au

same thing but different name

the people who do the inspections in SA correct name is Road Transport Assessment and Safety Group which has the same abbreviation but its not the same thing.

i didnt know what the name of the equivalent department was in nsw till about 30 seconds ago and i figured that "regency people" would get the message across

if u dont like it u can suck my balls Very Happy

Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: Sydney AE86 Owners > Can I borrow your doors for rego? Sat, 15 November 2003 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lang wrote on Sat, 15 November 2003 20:17

i figured that "regency people" would get the message across

if u dont like it u can suck my balls Very Happy

how is "regency people" going to get anything across to someone that lives in NSW????

and...

open your fly Laughing Laughing Laughing
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Sydney AE86 Owners > Can I borrow your doors for rego? Sat, 15 November 2003 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i didnt see anyone going "duh what does regency mean" did i?

and what gave you the impression i was wearing pants Very Happy
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: Sydney AE86 Owners > Can I borrow your doors for rego? Sat, 15 November 2003 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you know they were thinking it, dude.

and..

your mum told me you were wearing your levi's Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

have a good night, bloke.
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Sydney AE86 Owners > Can I borrow your doors for rego? Sat, 15 November 2003 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes we had better stop ruining this thread Smile

ok, in future i will refer people to their friendly state road transport department, happy now
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Sydney AE86 Owners > Can I borrow your doors for rego? Sat, 15 November 2003 15:28 Go to previous message
LOL! Laughing Laughing Laughing

ahh thanks fellas
i got what you meant lang. cheers
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Fuse keeps blowing (thermo fans)
Next Topic:What creates drone?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 05:28:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045568943023682 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.