Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mr_ice55
Regular

April 2003
Quiting Smoking Sun, 16 November 2003 09:27 Go to next message
Okay Sparky here's the deal. I need to quit smoking, im only 18 and have been smoking for about 2 years. But i really need to quit now, whats the best way to go about quiting. Its so damn hard, damn those cigarette companies.
  Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Quiting Smoking Sun, 16 November 2003 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grow some balls and just stop Evil or Very Mad
VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: Quiting Smoking Sun, 16 November 2003 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha u noob
just stop.. its all about will power... those patches don't work unless u want to quit..
go cold turkey

peace
mr_ice55
Regular

April 2003
Re: Quiting Smoking Sun, 16 November 2003 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Cool1 for you valid input,it was most helpful in my quest.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Quiting Smoking Sun, 16 November 2003 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ice55 wrote on Sun, 16 November 2003 19:45

Thanks Cool1 for you valid input,it was most helpful in my quest.

No worries mate. Just letting you know what worked for me Smile
mr_ice55
Regular

April 2003
Re: Quiting Smoking Sun, 16 November 2003 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
didnt mean to be rude or anything, just wondering what ways ppl went about quiting so i know what way works best. I guess i can try cold turkey, see how many days i last b4 i snap and go on a shooting rampage.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Quiting Smoking Sun, 16 November 2003 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just think of all the $$'s youll save that youll be able to pour into your car Wink

gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Quiting Smoking Sun, 16 November 2003 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I heard something once say don't think "I don't need to smoke, don't think about smoking" cause you're brain doesn't work in not's, and if you say, " don't think about smoking" then all you can think about is smoking, if that makes any sense. Instead, think about the good things you are able to do because of your lack of smoking, better health, able to exercise more, smell better, etc so on and so forth
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Quiting Smoking Sun, 16 November 2003 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokers breath - Fuck that shit off ..

worse then 5 days without brushing teeth ..

man i hate smokers breath.. Women with it = instant turnoff
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Quiting Smoking Sun, 16 November 2003 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon. You see a nice chick...... then you see her take a drag and its like, ok, goodbye to you Smile
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Quiting Smoking Sun, 16 November 2003 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
patches do work, but in the first week (atleast) youll realistically need up to 3 patches a day to equal regualr nicotine intake (i know thats not what the pack says, but trust me)

the rest is behavioural habbit which only comes with time and will power
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Quiting Smoking Sun, 16 November 2003 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i turned to drugs.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Quiting Smoking Sun, 16 November 2003 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Take up heroin instead. Soon you won't have money for food, let alone smoke. Laughing

Seriously, patches, gum, hypnosis, whatever only actually work if you actually want to stop. The patches show an initially good response but relapses are high. They all rely on a degree of commitment.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Quiting Smoking Sun, 16 November 2003 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ooh! Time for my next hit!
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Quiting Smoking Sun, 16 November 2003 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about a slap - instead of a hit Wink
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Quiting Smoking Sun, 16 November 2003 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you cant tell i am being sarcastic...
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Quiting Smoking Sun, 16 November 2003 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dammit - and i put on my " slappin " gloves too Smile

* laughs *

Now im gunna have to put em away until cool1 needs em again ..

hes currently testing his Velcro Gloves .. hes a Baaaaaaaaad boy
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Quiting Smoking Mon, 17 November 2003 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
patches worked for me, but, like the others say, you have to want quit for them to work.

tip: dont say "i'll give up at the end of this pack", because you get all nervious and worried when you come down to your last couple knowing they will be your last. i just got up one morning, had a full pack with only 2 ciggs gone and said "fuck it, im sick of this shit" went and got some patches, and now have not smoked for a year.
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Quiting Smoking Mon, 17 November 2003 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i smoke and i love it

i enjoy smoking more than i do running Very Happy
the money i would save if i didnt smoke would be spent on food

my gran smoked from when she was 14 to 85 i dont want to be that old if i make it that far i'll be impresed.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Quiting Smoking Mon, 17 November 2003 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL.

I have never smoked, but have been around a lot of people here at work who have tried. One of the biggest things I saw was that they still hung around people who smoked in their breaks etc. That was the hardest thing for them. Too see someone smoking, smelling the smoke, but not smoking. I would recommend you trying to stay away from all smokers for the first little while at least.

Good luck!!! Smile
Miss 22
Regular

May 2003
Re: Quiting Smoking Mon, 17 November 2003 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just go cold turkey...thats the only way i reckon...you end up spening money on those gay patches and gum shit that dont seem like they do shit all so you end up thinking that you would rather spend the money on smokes, coz they DO work and then you start again...go the hard way and just do it...if i can you can too, oh and get somone you spend alotta time with to slap you across the face really hard wheneva they see you or smell that you have been smoking, you end up thinking that the pain isnt worth it...and slowly come down and stop...anways thats my 2 cents
MEL
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Quiting Smoking Mon, 17 November 2003 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cold turkey really is the way to go... How hard it is depends on how much you smoke. Good luck.
jezz
Regular

January 2003
Re: Quiting Smoking Mon, 17 November 2003 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't try going to Cigars that does not help a bit
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Quiting Smoking Mon, 17 November 2003 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try smoking your exhaust .. then u'll be put of smoking for some time ..haha

dont know dude tried a million times but never succeeded good luck in your quest!!
Miss 22
Regular

May 2003
Re: Quiting Smoking Tue, 18 November 2003 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have also heard that if you light one backwards and take a drag then it will taste so gross that you will never want to smoke again...ive never gotten as far as taking a drag, although have come close on a drunken night Embarassed
MEL
mr_ice55
Regular

April 2003
Re: Quiting Smoking Tue, 18 November 2003 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have lit a smoke the wrong way round by accident, and it doesnt taste good i can tell ya.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Quiting Smoking Tue, 18 November 2003 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did it while driving in the dark once... It was farken orrrfull! Embarassed
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Quiting Smoking Tue, 18 November 2003 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try to help the guy at least fellas !

try quitting slowly... cut down to x number of cigs a day and then go the weekends without them.. then the weekdays

before u know it u should be off them...

set urself for say 3 ciggies a day .... morn, lunch, dinner...

then go from there Smile
mr_ice55
Regular

April 2003
Re: Quiting Smoking Tue, 18 November 2003 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thaskn Lessss im tryhong to qtiut but vey hard, u knw when u go ut for a drink, i just wana pik up a ciga.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Quiting Smoking Tue, 18 November 2003 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smoke 16's then... that way u egt a sore throat and feel sick everytime u smoke !!

or go to 2's... that way u still have ur ciggie in the hand but are doing much less damage to yourself...

just try to cut down first bro

lassss
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Quiting Smoking Wed, 19 November 2003 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smoke herbals. They smell feral and apparently taste worse. (mate of mine used them when he was trying to quit)
mr_ice55
Regular

April 2003
Re: Quiting Smoking Wed, 19 November 2003 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well ive gone cold turkey, day 1 is almost over. Does any1 have a spare smoke. Very Happy
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Quiting Smoking Wed, 19 November 2003 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It seems that quitting smoking has helped your spelling at least. Laughing
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Quiting Smoking Wed, 19 November 2003 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's just cause he got drunk. It's his way to quit smoking, become an alcoholic Smile
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Quiting Smoking Thu, 20 November 2003 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, gotcha. Very Happy
mr_ice55
Regular

April 2003
Re: Quiting Smoking Thu, 20 November 2003 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gtman wrote on Wed, 19 November 2003 23:19

That's just cause he got drunk. It's his way to quit smoking, become an alcoholic Smile

Laughing Laughing Laughing How true, old Jack Daniels never lets you down
lorolla_80
Regular

July 2003
Re: Quiting Smoking Fri, 21 November 2003 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've tried to quit once it lasted for about 2 weeks. Razz

Then I was like ah well why am I trying to quit anyway, but that was probably my mind telling me to keep smoking.

Les I smoke 16's and so im f***ed Very Happy but i tried a cigar the other night about 6 pm and didnt feel like a smoke for the rest of the night. Smile

I guess you really just have to have great willpower
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Quiting Smoking Fri, 21 November 2003 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Sun, 16 November 2003 19:29

Grow some balls and just stop Evil or Very Mad

he's right
its will power
i smoked for a couple years
decided one day its a nasty dodgy worthless habbit(well smoking tobacco is at any rate Rolling Eyes )
anyways
i stopped
cold turkey
that was 3 years ago
now i smoke somtimes when i drink and stuff...rarely
i dont know why...spose my will power isnt that strong Razz
but atleast i'm not going through packets a week
a packet would last about a month or two, atleast, unless i go on a real big bender!
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Quiting Smoking Wed, 26 November 2003 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I reckon. You see a nice chick...... then you see her take a drag and its like, ok, goodbye to you

how true is that! I don't see why chicks should be forced to see it any different either. Smile

LOL, when I was really little me and my mates used to think we were tough and we would go behind our back shed and smoke newspapers.. ROFL haha that was nasty.

I think I might have had one drag in my entire life.

mr_ice55 you're a champion! keep it up dude, it's worth it and you know it...

like was said, 'don't think in 'nots'' think of all the good stuff you will be able to do with the money, and how much better your body will be for it.

ONYA
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Quiting Smoking Wed, 26 November 2003 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cross referencing another post talking about cars as a waste of money, smoking must be the ultimate waste of money

cons:-
smells
irritates eyes
stains fingers
stains clothes
stains teeth
lose taste
lose smell
costs money
makes cars stink (I HATE getting in a smokers car who doesn't smoke out the window)

and of course

kills you

pros:-
none

its a proven fact that smoking does not calm you down if you're a non-smoker, and non-smokers have greater control then smokers do. I'm talking about 'shakes' control.
mr_ice55
Regular

April 2003
Re: Quiting Smoking Wed, 26 November 2003 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to dissapoint u guys, but im back on the damn smokes. Its just feels soooooo good, but im gonna try again soon, when i get the motivation.

Gtman - one pro for smoking is it makes u look cool to ur friends. Laughing not really,
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Quiting Smoking Wed, 26 November 2003 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've never thought smoking looked cool. In fact, it makes you look weak
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Quiting Smoking Wed, 26 November 2003 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm with you gtman. I can't stand the shit. It's really kinda sad how so many people are so dependent on this shit and have to have it every day.

Go cold turky but make sure you have plenty of chuppa chups. I know a few people that have quit like that and it has worked. It gives you something to do with your mouth and hand. Also avoid going out to pubs/clubs where there is a lot of smoke and also avoid drinking cause apparently drinking and smoking go hand in hand. And with the money that you save on smokes put it towards rewards for yourself, like CD's and car parts.

You can do it!
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Quiting Smoking Thu, 27 November 2003 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, I gave up nearly a year ago after about 5 years of smoking.

it was actually after my work christmas party.. big night.. the next day I couldnt stand to have a cig near me, even when I needed one I could only have half cos of the sickening feeling.. I just kept pushing this feeling.... and then I started exercising, left my g/f.. went out and partied without smoking... drank more..

but seriously.. you just have to want to.. but use a situation where it discusts you... then just keep pushing for it.. you really have to try to quit.. you cant just say your gunna do it.

I'm a better man for quiting..
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
icon14.gif  Re: Quiting Smoking Thu, 27 November 2003 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good man
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Quiting Smoking Thu, 27 November 2003 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Biggest con is that it stains the roof of your car and puts tar and rubbish on your windscreen... I gotta quit before this car gets all smoked up...

I think the biggest problem with smoking is that it becomes a social event... I probably wouldn't smoke anywhere near as much if I didn't get the usual "comin' for a ciggy?" and "Ciggy time?!"

I can't think of many occasions where I smoke and there isn't another smoker present... I have even 99% stopped smoking in the car
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Quiting Smoking Thu, 27 November 2003 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm planning to quit cold turkey on friday, regardess of how many smokes I have left in the pack. I'm quitting because I want to.
I'll be posting day by day diary entries for future reference
Anyone else going to join me?
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Quiting Smoking Thu, 27 November 2003 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I quit on Tuesday... I never smoked much but for the last 2 and a half years I have averaged about 6 or 7 a day... I had quit smoking (unless someone offered me one at a pub or something) a couple of weeks ago but I still wanted them and decided to buy a pack. That was my last. Smile
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Quiting Smoking Thu, 27 November 2003 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't carry with you or have them at home or close by otherwise then you'll feel tempted.

Good luck guys
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Quiting Smoking Fri, 28 November 2003 00:35 Go to previous message
OOOPS, I went to my cousin's 21st last night (i know, on a thursday????) and bummed a ciggie... I am a bad man. Crying or Very Sad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:How to waste a day: Part Two
Next Topic:Ninjai (anime)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 14:13:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0083949565887451 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.